PDA

View Full Version : Solo Tower Runs

dude3282
May 15, 2004, 04:56 PM
Has anyone ever tried to solo tower with a Force? I hear that the easiest to do it with would be a Ramarl, but statistically she's not that far off from a ranger/melee Force, right? (correct me if I'm really wrong, I might be). Would this be possible? I might make that my goal - be able to solo west tower online. Am I completely insane, or just slightly crazy?

SpyroDi
May 15, 2004, 05:11 PM
You might have a chance in VHard and lower,but in Ultimate,you're just plain insane.

My Ultimate Strategy:
If you're a RAnger bring a Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen.
If you're a FOrce use Rabarta often.
If you're a HUnter beg for a miracle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpyroDi on 2004-05-15 15:11 ]</font>

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 05:48 PM
A ranger or a force might have a chance if they were very high level, sets pipes before each room and used scape dolls and such, but I don't know how a hunter could do it, honestly. Has anyone out there done it as a hunter? That one dark room with the Ill Gil hockey team, the raging delbiters, the multiple megid spitting plants and such is fricking unbelievable. I mean, I've been killed while sitting inside the damn healing ring by two delbiters who I didn't think could come into my private healing corner!!! Don't get me wrong, with a good team I think the West Tower quest is my favorite, but solo!!! Reoccuring nightmares!!!

EJ
May 15, 2004, 05:56 PM
it depends on your force lvl but I did the east tower by myself even though it took like 2 hours ._. but it's possible

Siris
May 15, 2004, 06:06 PM
On 2004-05-15 15:48, Sitka wrote:
A ranger or a force might have a chance if they were very high level, sets pipes before each room and used scape dolls and such, but I don't know how a hunter could do it, honestly. Has anyone out there done it as a hunter? That one dark room with the Ill Gil hockey team, the raging delbiters, the multiple megid spitting plants and such is fricking unbelievable. I mean, I've been killed while sitting inside the damn healing ring by two delbiters who I didn't think could come into my private healing corner!!! Don't get me wrong, with a good team I think the West Tower quest is my favorite, but solo!!! Reoccuring nightmares!!!

I try solo towers with my HUne all the time because she is Skyly. I can get through it easily until I get to the 6th floor and then it's all over. Unless you plan your techs perfectly and have no situations where you miss when you battle the flower at the top, you're doomed. An android hunter would be better, freeze traps are your friend. I'd think a FOrce or an android RAnger would be your best bets for solo towers.

Dhylec
May 15, 2004, 06:13 PM
hm, solo towers.. from my exp..
for ra's, it's easy with long range weps!
fo's a bit tougher than ra's, got some hi-lev techs to hit from a distance
hu's are a real pain! slower, less safety & lack of long distant weps to handle many meri's that appear at once
i'm still working on the better way to play as solo hucsl there

Hrith
May 15, 2004, 06:22 PM
I recall VulpesMundi doing a lot of East Tower runs solo with his HUnewearl StarrLight, he was saying that ET is easy as long as you have a Holy Ray and take monsters "one by one".

I have not played ET that much myself, but I have done over 150 solo WT runs with Terra, FS + Yas9k is ok, but bring some dolls, though.

Any class outside RAmar/RAmarl simply cannot solo WT, and RAmar has a much harder time than RAmarl.

And you cannot solo any tower with a droid or a tech FO, goes without saying.

I say if you're a melee FO with a rifle, you can solo ET quite easily, make sure you are Lv 140+ though.

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 06:28 PM
Interesting insight Kef. You would know a lot more than most given your experience. There is the challenge then, complete West Tower with a bot or a fo and post your time and results.

Siris
May 15, 2004, 07:13 PM
On 2004-05-15 16:22, Kef wrote:
I recall VulpesMundi doing a lot of East Tower runs solo with his HUnewearl StarrLight, he was saying that ET is easy as long as you have a Holy Ray and take monsters "one by one".

I have not played ET that much myself, but I have done over 150 solo WT runs with Terra, FS + Yas9k is ok, but bring some dolls, though.

Any class outside RAmar/RAmarl simply cannot solo WT, and RAmar has a much harder time than RAmarl.

I say if you're a melee FO with a rifle, you can solo ET quite easily, make sure you are Lv 140+ though.

My HUne does it with a Holy Ray...still near impossible, I have not gotten past the 6th floor (East tower). That is where an android or a FO would really come in handy. Just speaking from my experiences.

Hrith
May 15, 2004, 07:20 PM
Ask VulpesMundi.

Robo47
May 15, 2004, 07:50 PM
Umm Kef? I made it through ult WT with Robo47, and the only place I had trouble with was the room with the two Delbiters.

My advice if you're going through with a Android RA:

- Keep 5-10 Scapedolls
- go back to Pioneer 2 when you run out of Freeze Traps
-never think Gi Gue's are harmless
-bring the most powerful mechs/rifle you have

Hrith
May 15, 2004, 08:33 PM
WT with a RAcast is a uber pain, with Terra, I die like once every other run, in average, I can't imagine with a tech-less char.

Besides, dealing damage must be a pain, neither Shifta nor Zalure, and kinda low ATP for that area.
If it takes an hour to beat it, it's useless, I average at 25 minutes with Terra.

And I don't see a room with 2 Delbiters in WT, although Delbiters and Gibbles are the most annoying monsters, no doubt, if you take care, Ill Gill should not be an issue.
Gi Gue can be painful in the rooms where it spawns near you, especially as a droid, since he will cast J/Z Lv 20 on you (use Sol Atomizers), and their bazooka attack deals over 900 fixed damage x_X

other than that, Frozen Shooter, a powerful pair of Mechs, Freeze/Confuse traps, and you can do it, but it's not a good idea, and I strongly advise against it.

And if you wanna have fun, use Confuse Traps on Ill Gill... and run !

I almost forgot, RAcast against Epsilon without Mylla & Youlla activated, simply forget it.

And good luck on floor 8 and 9.

Red_Death4052
May 15, 2004, 09:03 PM
With my hucast I can do ET in about 45 mins. WT, the one time I did it, was just under 2 hours. If you have a good gun and know how to use traps, ET is no problem at all for a hucast.

DOG21313
May 16, 2004, 12:01 AM
On 2004-05-15 16:22, Kef wrote:

Erm... Why not tech FOs? I have done ET just using techs, and I was just fine... o.O

And, if you havent realized it yet, East tower is EASY. The only room that i consider hard is the 6th floor, which isn't even that hard in the first place. Just run into the center of the room, then back to the two flowers as they spawn, freeze them and pound away. Use some of your really long ranged techs for the Merikle up at the top, then run back and take the Delbiters one at a time. Simple as that. Really, I have done east tower, NO RAs, no fs, just two people, in around 15 minutes. Easy.

Dana
May 16, 2004, 06:53 AM
i havn't been online yet...so what are the east and west towers, are they the towers in CCA at the side of the dam where you battle gal griff, and exactly how many ill gil, merikle, mercus, and the other monsters are there(is there a enemy count for it)can some one point me in the way of info for this mission caus with my characters i don't thinkmi'll be able to do it

FOAtHeart
May 16, 2004, 07:18 AM
anyone seen Tani solo tower? that girl can PLAY. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

iamfanboy
May 16, 2004, 07:32 AM
Yep, Dana, you're right on about the towers being the ones in the background as you approach Gal Gryphon's lair.

I think that the East tower only holds 4 Ill Gills; I can't speak for the West Tower. I hate the west tower, with a passion.

TripleSeven
May 16, 2004, 07:32 AM
I can solo West Tower offline with my racaseal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (lv 135) i know offline is easier but its not that hard.

I have

Frozen Shooter
Needle (Zalure)
Charge Vulcans
S-Beats Blades (so underrated)

Like has been said you just take it enemy by enemy and learn on the floors where you have to kill boxes what ones to kill first and last.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif in 36 runs ive died once.

Dana
May 16, 2004, 08:56 AM
thanks, ill gil, i heard they like their megid and i get a really crap weapon from .....del lily(DRAGON SLAYER) why not yami(sniffle), are all the monsters really hard then, wait delbiters in a CCA area?????

Siris
May 16, 2004, 09:19 AM
On 2004-05-16 05:32, TripleSeven wrote:

I can solo West Tower offline with my racaseal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (lv 135) i know offline is easier but its not that hard.

I have

Frozen Shooter
Needle (Zalure)
Charge Vulcans

Like has been said you just take it enemy by enemy and learn on the floors where you have to kill boxes what ones to kill first and last.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif in 36 runs ive died once.

What game do you have that lets you do a tower quest offline?

DOG21313
May 16, 2004, 09:36 AM
On 2004-05-16 07:19, Siris wrote:

On 2004-05-16 05:32, TripleSeven wrote:

I have

Frozen Shooter
Needle (Zalure)
Charge Vulcans

What game do you have that lets you do a tower quest offline?

Uhh... Maybe TripleSeven has PSO+? Ionno if thats out yet, I dont keep up with that stuff enough. XD

Bender202
May 16, 2004, 08:37 PM
If you use god battle in tower on the flowers your attacks are usually too fast. If u slow them down so the flowers do their "stun" animation (where they flail around wildly) after every hit u can usually recover to start another combo before they hit u (i ve done it with mechs). I ve seen a c-bringers rifle used quite effectively in tower (special cuts hp), but that was when i was there to distract the enemies (FOnewearl was using it). I dont know how well it would work alone. My opinion on the towers is that wtower is easier than etower, cause that 6th floor is just nasty. Although wtower does hav its moments.

Robo47
May 16, 2004, 08:48 PM
Like I said, I have no problem, anybody who has a decent powered RAcast shouldnt either.

Sitka
May 17, 2004, 10:01 AM
Interesting comments. I'm trying to figure out 1) how you can play either tower offline??? and 2) how you can watch someone do the tower solo??? Dana Ranger, when you get online, hook up with a good team and definitely make both tower runs. I find the challenge of the tower runs among the best in the game (not for the experience and not for the rares - just the challenge of working with a good team). Also, completing side quests in East Tower allows you to add specials to your s-ranked weapons (you'll want to add a few of those to your collection when you get online like mechguns shooting zallure or jellen!!!) and completing a side quest on West Tower allows you to use photon drops on Gallon's Quest to add percents to three areas - can't add to hit% - on any weapon other than an s-rank weapon. With enough photon drops, through many hours of playing or by trading with other players, you could theoretically end up with a legit weapon possessing very high percents like a charge mechgun with 0/0/100/100/60 - pretty cool, heh? Before I get flamed, a legit player would have to play a huge number of hours to obtain that many photon drops, but if the weapon starts out with 0/0/60/60/60, it's possible. IMHO, I would also recommend not knowing too much about how many enemies there are and where and how they spawn. The first time through, the surprises give you an adrenaline rush like you wouldn't belive. Just bring reverser, moons and scape dolls and enjoy the ride!!!

Nickwillnotbe
May 17, 2004, 11:10 AM
If you're a HUnter beg for a miracle.

I use a HUmar and I have managed to do a few solo ET runs. I don't do it often being as it takes a while but it is possible. I just make sure to bring a Holy Ray. All you really need to do is use the levels blind spots (and there are allot of them). The worst floors are the 9th and 5th (the one where two flowers spawn behind you, think it is fifth). Aside from that it isn't really that hard, just a matter of patience.