PDA

View Full Version : GC: Freaky "fsod"

Poliz
May 16, 2004, 05:09 AM
Twice I've had a strange fsod (dont know that you'd call this an fsod) where I not only loose all of my items but I also loose all of my stats too; they go to the level's default. All it leaves me with is the character's default items.
The only way I can "stop" it is by backing up all items to another chr

Anyone got a suggestion (or a link to a previous post)?

Rich_T
May 16, 2004, 05:29 AM
This happened to me on the dreamcast version a few times, although ive never expeirienced it on the gamecube.
On the Dreamcast version if i had an FSOD and then went straight back on to the online mode, then i had all my items deleted by the server, however if i had an FSOD or anything else that prevented me from savine i would always start the next game as an offline game, put everything that i didnt have equiped in the bank, then quit and save, beofre going back online, this seemed to help prevent my inventory being deleted.
I still do this on the gamecube version of PSO, probably more out of habit than anything else.

Dhylec
May 16, 2004, 10:21 AM
On 2004-05-16 03:09, Poliz wrote:
Twice I've had a strange fsod (dont know that you'd call this an fsod) where I not only loose all of my items but I also loose all of my stats too; they go to the level's default. All it leaves me with is the character's default items.
The only way I can "stop" it is by backing up all items to another chr

you have stumpled upon a stat reset glitch!
it's more than fsod, more like a lv2 of it
this usually happens when 'connecting to the dns' msg appears

there is no true way to help it, except don't discon. & reconnect repeatedly & spread your rares among your chars on different cards if you can

VioletSkye
May 16, 2004, 12:14 PM
heh, thats not a new glitch. people have been resetting stats on chars they have messed up for quite awhile. There are 100% guaranteed steps you can follow to reset them, although the method is different than what you are describing.

Normally if someone wants to follow the steps to reset stats (which includes weapons, mats, c mode info) I recommend giving the items to a holding char first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-05-16 10:15 ]</font>

Poliz
May 16, 2004, 03:28 PM
Normally if someone wants to follow the steps to reset stats

You make it sound like I did it willingly. I've done nothing related to what you see in "reset stats" guides beforehand either.
Basically, what happens is that when connected (no dns screen as presumed) it resets the character without loosing game progress.
Banked items also go so no hope there either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poliz on 2004-05-16 13:29 ]</font>

VioletSkye
May 16, 2004, 03:37 PM
On 2004-05-16 13:28, Poliz wrote:

Normally if someone wants to follow the steps to reset stats

You make it sound like I did it willingly. I've done nothing related to what you see in "reset stats" guides beforehand either.
Basically, what happens is that when connected (no dns screen as presumed) it resets the character without loosing game progress.
Banked items also go so no hope there either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poliz on 2004-05-16 13:29 ]</font>

Uhhh I didn't make it sound like you did it willingly. You misread what I typed. I said:

"Normally if someone wants to follow the steps to reset stats"

What that line refers to are people who do "willingly" want to reset your mats. I ALREADY said:

"although the method is different than what you are describing"

That means that I know that you DIDN'T follow the steps for PURPOSELY resetting mats, ergo it was an unexpected occurrance.

I love it when I state something very clearly and then have to explain it to someone. Reread what I posted.

BTW what type of memory card do you have your chars saved on. Official memory cards will always put info back into the exact location. Many third party cards don't which means that if a piece of info gets displaced, then it doesn't save correctly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-05-16 13:43 ]</font>