PDA

View Full Version : what should i do if i FSOD and downloads

Dana
May 16, 2004, 10:48 AM
i heard that you should quickly take out the menoty card, is there anything that i sould do, and how do i download quests from online

Ketchup345
May 16, 2004, 11:01 AM
GC has no download quests for episodes 1&2.

For corruption, you can try to take out the memory card, or if that doesn't work, go into offline multiplayer and give another character on a different memory card all your items to minimize the loss.

Dana
May 16, 2004, 11:06 AM
thanks, but how come it's not currupted in mutiplayer offline i don't understand why it would be currupted in the 1st place

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2004-05-16 09:08 ]</font>

VioletSkye
May 16, 2004, 12:08 PM
On 2004-05-16 09:06, Dana_ranger wrote:
thanks, but how come it's not currupted in mutiplayer offline i don't understand why it would be currupted in the 1st place

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2004-05-16 09:08 ]</font>

Corruptions are normally due to packet errors (which is why dialup users experience it way more than broadband users.) And for those of us who use a router, corruption almost nevers happens (I personally have never been corrupted in over a year of playing.) Dial service is known for high pings and more frequent packet loss which means that if your card is in the middle of a save and a packet/s of info that its needs don't get received properly, then the card misses vital information needed for a complete save.

If ST would permanently remove the double save (which is completely unnecessary at this point, corruptions would be reduced significantly.) Often times you hear about people who get corrutped often and it can normally be traced to 2 things

1. they aren't using an official memory card. The reason this helps is because of the difference in compression ratios used by many thrid party cards. Simply put, they don't always compress and place the info back into the exact area on the card which is ok for many games but not PSO.

2. they have a connection that is problematic. for normal web browsing, most people won't notice packet loss (unless its really bad) because sites will still load. Your computer will wait until the correct packet is resent and the time it takes is extremely small so it goes unnoticed. They may have high pings which cause lag and that is noticable but packets are a different story. If you regulary receive 25% packet loss, you probably won't notice it at all browsing the web, but your memory card will.

Dana
May 16, 2004, 03:27 PM
i use an unoffitial memcard(pro logic 3) and my web lags quite a bit, maybe i'll use my other mencard with my low level, back up chacrter then if i currupt, i wont use my main mem card and i won't go online with my high level people

EhtycS101
May 19, 2004, 08:06 PM
On 2004-05-16 10:08, VioletSkye wrote:
And for those of us who use a router, corruption almost nevers happens (I personally have never been corrupted in over a year of playing.)

Wow, really? I have been playing online for a while and luckily havent been FSODed. What kind of router do you use? I need to get a new one anyways. [old one got fried in a t-storm]

Inuyasha777
May 25, 2004, 03:41 AM
Another why to beat corruption is to go to the game cube start screen and erase you guild card file. this may seem strang but it works. you will lose any save cards but thats better than losing you char. also after you erase it and start up your GB again it will ask you to make a new gild card file.

Also is using a router the same as using a crose over cable.