PDA

View Full Version : What Class Do You Like?

BlackWolf
May 16, 2004, 09:36 PM
What Class Do You Like? I like HUcast how about you people?

Dana
May 17, 2004, 05:48 AM
i like RAmarls thw best they look so cool and they use hand guns very cool

Zeroy
May 17, 2004, 07:23 AM
FOmars are my favorite, followed my HUmars, and RAmarls.

Siris
May 17, 2004, 09:02 AM
I love my HUne. I have a few others but play with her the most. I'm going to go FOmar or FOmarl next.

lain2k3
May 17, 2004, 02:00 PM
everyone except humars, ramars, and fomars.

jnblz316
May 17, 2004, 02:14 PM
i absolutely love HUnewearls. they are the most well rounded class in the game in my opinion. with the lvl 20 shifta 7 deband they can have the highest atp out of all the hunter when soloing.

Khazar
May 17, 2004, 02:34 PM
Power to the Hucasts.

Rainbowlemon
May 17, 2004, 02:41 PM
HUnewearls for their overall independance, and HUcaseals for their ATA advantage in the hunter class, which in my opinion is almost essential.

Tact
May 17, 2004, 03:13 PM
I, personally, like playing as RAmarls. Here's why:
RAmarls can use a whole lot of weapons, and their techniques help them with their range. Also, they have S&D AND J&Z, and can learn up to Lv 20 techs, and Lv 6 Anti (I think). This makes for coverage of almost all stats ailments, good healing, and good attack techs for annhililating enemies, and their mastery of long-range weapons allow for more conservative play, which is my kind of play. Their only cons, in my opinion, are Rukmin, and that there are a lot of RA-oriented Section IDs, so it's a difficult choice. If you disagree with any of this, please tell me via Private Mail. Thank you for letting me waste my time to post this and letting me waste your time by having you read it.

BlackWolf
May 17, 2004, 06:48 PM
i change my mind i like HUmar the best!

SpyroDi
May 17, 2004, 06:52 PM
I like the FOmarl the best. The FOmarl has a vigorous advantage over other FOrces,which is a must.

Pixel_Toa
May 17, 2004, 07:04 PM
FOnewearls dangit!

May favorite classes (aside from FOnewearls) are RAcast, FOmarl, and HUcast.

FOnewearls because they're so much fun. Nothin' like being a cutesy pie little girl who wields spells of the apocolypse! Also it's pure Force action. No muss, no fuss, just fire. And healin's. Gotta have the healin's.

RAcast because they are powerful Rangers that can be Hunters when I want them to be. That's fuuun. Plus they look like tanks, which is cool. Huzzah!

FOmarl because that's the first class I ever played, and they hold a special place in my heart. (Though I admit I never played one since. Hmmm.)

HUcast because they're cute. *giggle* Also because they bring UBER DEATH! *stab stab stab* Cute robots of the UBER DEATH! *stab giggle stab giggle*

If I had to pick just one, it's gotta be the FOnewearl. Though RAcast comes close.

Nai_Calus
May 17, 2004, 07:35 PM
RAmarl: Overall pwnage, access to the best weapons in the game.

RAcast: Cute.

FOmar: Most consistently underrated character in the game, usually by people who have never properly played a FOmar. Easily the most challenging class in the game. Not for beginners or those seeking an easy time.

kazuma56
May 17, 2004, 07:38 PM
RAmar- I can play him anyway I like, I can go Hunter and be efficient or go ranger and be efficient, either way it's fun, plus he also has a really good char design.

Tact
May 17, 2004, 07:38 PM
On 2004-05-17 17:35, Ian-KunX wrote:

Why do you think I have a level 110+ RAmarl on E1&2? I agree.

EhtycS101
May 17, 2004, 07:56 PM
HUcast because they're cute. *giggle* Also because they bring UBER DEATH! *stab stab stab* Cute robots of the UBER DEATH! *stab giggle stab giggle*
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif[/img]; n00b in the house.]

Although I don't agree with the "cute" part, HUcasts are by far the most [b]UBER DEATHLY. What could be better than rushing into a mob of insane monsters and swinging your gimongous uber-gimongigantighunormous sword at them like theres no tommorow? ...and then probably missing 50% of the time because HUcasts have pretty lowly ata =__=;;

Oh...on a side note: I also like the Newman Forces because they walk funny, hehe

Sorry for the long post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; got carried away.

lain2k3
May 17, 2004, 08:11 PM

Indeed.

Indeed.

FOmar: Most consistently underrated character in the game, usually by people who have never properly played a FOmar. Easily the most challenging class in the game. Not for beginners or those seeking an easy time.

You know, there is a direct correlation there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
May 17, 2004, 09:01 PM
On 2004-05-17 18:11, lain2k3 wrote:

Indeed.

Indeed.

You know, there is a direct correlation there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Incorrect. Being difficult to use in some situations doesn't make a character class bad. RAmarls fucking suck in C-mode, does that make them bad in the rest of the game?

Trust me, Zero kicks all kinds of ass. I -enjoy- playing with him. He makes PSO worthwhile, even moreso than my RAmarl does. He can whack enemies with a reasonable degree of efficiency with weapons, tech them, keep a team alive, all while looking good doing it. XP FOmars are fun. Hell no, you don't have the best stats in the game, not even close. Worst stats in the game in some areas. And? You've got decent tech boosts, kickass ATP for a Force, horrible ATA that still manages to hit somehow, the third best MST in the game, and somehow, FOmars just -work-. <3

GuerillaPimp
May 17, 2004, 09:23 PM
I like all classes, i like HUnters for their brute force, RAngers for the rifles, and FOrces for their sheer assault of technique attacks

Scales_of_Air
May 17, 2004, 09:47 PM
Incorrect. Being difficult to use in some situations doesn't make a character class bad. RAmarls fucking suck in C-mode, does that make them bad in the rest of the game?

Trust me, Zero kicks all kinds of ass. I -enjoy- playing with him. He makes PSO worthwhile, even moreso than my RAmarl does. He can whack enemies with a reasonable degree of efficiency with weapons, tech them, keep a team alive, all while looking good doing it. XP FOmars are fun. Hell no, you don't have the best stats in the game, not even close. Worst stats in the game in some areas. And? You've got decent tech boosts, kickass ATP for a Force, horrible ATA that still manages to hit somehow, the third best MST in the game, and somehow, FOmars just -work-. <3

Everything I would need to say ^_^ For me:
FOmar is my most prefered, than HUmar or FOnewm.

EDIT: Simply had to fix html, no textual change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2004-05-17 19:48 ]</font>

SJ
May 18, 2004, 01:29 AM
Any class except HUnewearl, RAcaseal, FOmarl.

Flashlight
May 18, 2004, 03:51 AM
-_-' what is fun about standin 50 meters away from an enemy and shooting a pistol -_-'

Well my vote is on the HUmar Most balanced grow potential??...:S i think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Flashlight

SJ
May 18, 2004, 04:03 AM
I like you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Humars forever!!!

Fredrick
May 18, 2004, 06:51 AM
Ramarls. With the highest evp and good atp/ata, they kick serious butt. The fact that they have high mst and tech lvs is also very very helpfull.

FOnewearls are a close second.... aww look at the cute little thing, Ahhh she bit me!!!!

RadiantLegend
May 18, 2004, 09:17 AM
Hucaseal and humars and ramarls and ramar and fomarl and...and... O_O' i guess everyone.

Sitka
May 18, 2004, 02:00 PM
I go back and forth on this. My first dreamcast characters were respectively Hucast and Fonewmn. I loved the power of the Hucast, but since I played offline, I got into trouble alot and eventually, when Ep. 2 came out, had trouble surviving Ob Lily megid attacks and such. The Fonewmn made Boss fights much easier as long as I could strap on HP items. Rafoie, Razonde, Rabarta - just blow them all away with high magic. On Gamecube, I tried my old chars because I knew them well and experimented with Hucaseals and Hunewearls, but I ended up playing the most with the Fonewearl - she was just awesome!!! On XBOX I tried the Racast first and have leveled him up to 154 and have since played every char and leveled many up to ultimate. Although at times I get bored with him and revert back to one of the other characters, I find I like the Racast best. Pure power, can take a hit (I can take a full-on Nano Dragon blast in ultimate and not fall down), lays the traps down like nobodies business, high HP, uses some of the best legit weapons in the game (Snow Queen, Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, S-rank Needle, Nug Bazooka, Yas 7000, Yas 9000, Gi-Gue Bazooka, etc...) can make tower runs easy with a team with freeze traps and is not so common on XBox Live that I see doubles in every room. I really like Green Gream's Fonemn as well (the perfect male++) and will probably try to create another high-level Fonewmn at some point. The only thing about the Fonewmn are those damn 70's shoes (are those goldfish in the heels?) and that damn butt (everything makes your butt look big!!!).

Dragon_Ash
May 18, 2004, 02:53 PM
Ramarls - with a spread needle and 50%+ vulcans... great all round character and one of my most used of my three favourites.

Hunewearls - I think their pretty cute, also great power and a nice selection of weapons to choose from, heart of poumn being a favourite of mine http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Fonewearls - I like this class so much, mainly because they can easily clear levels without hardly a scratch, and all the foneweals I've used so far seemed to find rares like gold for me, heh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

doubletake123
May 18, 2004, 03:03 PM
hucast pwn anything out there especially with a mag with like 50-60 accuracy then you do like major damge and you hit everything.

and by the way humars suck.

Klaus88
May 18, 2004, 04:10 PM
HUnewearls and RAmarls get found out online, they absolutely suck!!

I would go for the RAcaseals, great HP and DEF pwnage..

lain2k3
May 18, 2004, 04:33 PM
On 2004-05-18 14:10, Klaus88 wrote:

the fuck are you talking about? how the hell do they suck? they are by far the best solo characters in the game, especially online. they only become less efective than other characters with a good support force who pays attention and know what they're doing. And those a very rare.

Ketchup345
May 18, 2004, 04:50 PM
On 2004-05-18 14:33, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-05-18 14:10, Klaus88 wrote:

the fuck are you talking about? how the hell do they suck? they are by far the best solo characters in the game, especially online. they only become less efective than other characters with a good support force who pays attention and know what they're doing. And those a very rare.

I agree with Lain. RAmarls are a great character for online. Especially for me, since I rarely have a FOrce in the team.

RAmarls can do anything they want, with the second highest ATA, nice ATP, 6th best MST, best EVP, enough HP, good DFP.

The only time RAmarls aren't good is C-Mode.

Also, RAmarls own offline; and can use some of the best weapons in the game.

I am one of the few people (probably) who doesn't like being forced to melee. I prefer to melee when I want, and be ranged most of the time (which made me choose a HUcaseal in C-Mode).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-05-18 16:24 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 18, 2004, 05:35 PM
6th, Ketchup. There are four Forces, and then HUnewearl has higher MST. n.n; (And then we splatter down to the HUmar and RAmar... Hey, you can say RAmarl has 3rd worst MST in game! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )

lain2k3
May 18, 2004, 05:58 PM
On 2004-05-18 15:35, Ian-KunX wrote:
6th, Ketchup. There are four Forces, and then HUnewearl has higher MST. n.n; (And then we splatter down to the HUmar and RAmar... Hey, you can say RAmarl has 3rd worst MST in game! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )

you forgot the droids http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

and ramarl also has the 5th worst atp in the game, but it's still quite enough.

Tact
May 18, 2004, 06:00 PM
On 2004-05-18 15:58, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-05-18 15:35, Ian-KunX wrote:

you forgot the droids http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

and ramarl also has the 5th worst atp in the game, but it's still quite enough.

But, to counteract the 5th worst ATP, RAmarls have the second highest ATA, second only to the RAmar.

lain2k3
May 18, 2004, 06:06 PM
I know, and their atp is high enough to pwn the hell out of stuff regardless, especially with level 20 s/z.

Tact
May 18, 2004, 06:17 PM
On 2004-05-18 16:06, lain2k3 wrote:
I know, and their atp is high enough to pwn the hell out of stuff regardless, especially with level 20 s/z.

You're right, but with my RAmarl, I never use S/Z anyway. Stupid of me, huh?

lain2k3
May 18, 2004, 06:24 PM
On 2004-05-18 16:17, tactician7777 wrote:

On 2004-05-18 16:06, lain2k3 wrote:

You're right, but with my RAmarl, I never use S/Z anyway. Stupid of me, huh?

indeed, very.

Tact
May 18, 2004, 06:27 PM
The reason is, I don't like wasting any of my 300+ max TP.

_knot_
May 19, 2004, 02:17 PM
HUcaseals are cute, great, and tey just plan kick ass. For a ranger I prefer RAcast, but the one-handed handgun useage by RAmarls make them fun. FOnewms are my favorite FOs, if you want a more attack oriented FO they are great, and can still do some effective supporting.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

BlackWolf
May 19, 2004, 05:12 PM
teh Rangers are stupid to me!!!! they are just people who arent brave enough to go up against their enemy and fight. basicly there just scare. u gotta go out there and take the pain and kill them close range

lain2k3
May 19, 2004, 05:15 PM
On 2004-05-19 15:12, BlackWolf wrote:
teh Rangers are stupid to me!!!! they are just people who arent brave enough to go up against their enemy and fight. basicly there just scare. u gotta go out there and take the pain and kill them close range

That is why rangers most effective weapons have the same range as a partisan. doorway sniping will get you nowhere.

DarthFomar
May 21, 2004, 04:19 AM
I love my Fomar......he has almost all lvl 30 techniques. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I love hitting enemies with Rafoie from far off distances. I also like using cool canes and wands....as well as a few sabers *i.e. red saber* with my Fomar.

And a force using a god/battle with Hildeblues Cane and Psycho Wand is awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ketchup345
May 21, 2004, 05:08 AM
On 2004-05-19 15:12, BlackWolf wrote:

RAngers are not required to use only guns. Some people feel that certain RAngers are better at melee than any HUnter (including me). I use my RAmarl to melee (with only a pathetic Double Saber) until Ruins.

And also, being a RAnger really has its uses in certain areas. Try going through Tower without one.

Sitka
May 21, 2004, 03:14 PM
I have played all the characters and several of them rather extensively. Tell me why the Racast is so bad? or so scared? My Racast, now at level 166, dishes our wicked damage with almost any weapon, is quite proficient with a stag cutlery or s-rank twin, and is one of the most useful companions for a team making a seabeds run, caves run, tower runs or boss fights - almost anything that requires high-powered range (bosses) and freeze/paralyze abilities (megid beasts). BTW, his HP is now over 1800 and still climbing. Can your char. take a full blast from a nano dragon without blinking? Just because he can't equip a hacked j-sword and whack for 5,000 damage, doesn't make him a bad character. And how many of you wouldn't want a Racast on your team for challenge mode? Ketchup's right, Racasts can be very useful and fun to play with if you know how to do it right. I just wish they wouldn't put the toilet bowl head on top of me in the victory poses! Every character, played correctly, can be great and rewarding!!! Rock on Racasts!!

lain2k3
May 21, 2004, 05:53 PM
Erm, no one is very fond of rangers in challenge mode, they kinda syck hardcore in the caves challenges...

and my level 168 hunewearl can take an offline nano blast without falling...

but yeah, they rest of what you said is good...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

kazuma56
May 21, 2004, 07:23 PM
nano blasts are nothing offline, my RAmar at lvl 160+ could withstand a Morfos and at times, a delbiter blast.

BTW he can withstand (by that I mean not fall down) any energy type attack offline without falling down.

Xaos127
May 22, 2004, 04:57 AM
Ramar, theres nothing like walking around with a nug 2000 on your shoulder!!