PDA

View Full Version : xbox crashing problem

dave-on
May 17, 2004, 08:06 AM
i'm fairly new to pso, been playing about a month. but over the weekend my xbox has crashed 3 times each time i have only been left with my equiped items. does anyone know why this is happening? and if i can do anything to prevent it? i'm living in fear of losing stuff all the time!!

oeagrus
May 19, 2004, 11:41 AM
Hi Dave & welcome to PSO world!
The condition you're experiencing is called FSOD (Frozen Screen Of Death). It happens to everyone occasionally, and as you can tell, happens to some more than others.

If I'm remembering correctly, if you're in a lobby and it happens, you won't lose anything. If you've entered a game and get FSODed, you lose every item which isn't equipped, which means you lose all your fluids, mates, atomizers, etc. There's nothing, and I mean absolutely NOTHING you can do to prevent it besides (possibly) not frequenting busy ships/servers (which also means it'd be harder to find a game to join).

All you can do is minimize your losses by:
1) only carrying one weapon at a time (making you a less effective player, but everyone will understand your reasoning). OR,
2) duplicate your items and store them on a secondary character. Whatever you do, don't ask anyone on this site how to dupe!! Moderators and users severely frown upon such questions. Do a Google search and you'll stumble across ways of doing it. OR,
3) ask around for items you've lost. Most everyone has dupes on the Xbox, and most people will give you a few for free if you've lost your good items to FSOD. Don't be annoying when you ask (wait until after you've killed a boss, then just ask once. People will eventually help you out).

Hope that helps! Good luck & see you on Ultimate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oeagrus on 2004-05-19 09:42 ]</font>

Poliz
May 19, 2004, 01:04 PM
If you get a buzzing sound with FSOD, press n hold A before the game starts (to get you into the GC main menu then from the memory card, delete the guild card file. Restart the game and you should be fine

digigram
May 20, 2004, 06:29 PM
I just crashed with 14 rare weapons in my inventory going into a trade.....

lost EVERYTHING.

how fun. makes me not want to play anymore.