PDA

View Full Version : Character Models, Base Characters

PJ
May 18, 2004, 04:06 PM
For those model characters, you can have base models of any character right?

Like say, you have a Knuckles character with a base of a HUcaseal, it would have the insane dagger animation, right?

Basically, my biggest question being, are all character models in the game programmed with every single animation? Like a FOmarl with a RAmarls gun animation, something like that?

Ness
May 18, 2004, 04:23 PM
Basically, the character is just a skin. I don't know if this is true with the GC and the Xbox, but on the DC I would see HUnnies using rods all the time.

Corey
May 19, 2004, 05:24 PM
Answer:

Yes, the thing is a skin

though the question is raised why some characters have odd animations (Rico has some weird ones...)

_knot_
May 19, 2004, 09:20 PM
In the quest The Graves Butler, you can see a hunie with a rifle, so it is indeed possible to have other characters using other weapons. Who knows how...
Good Luck...
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

PhotonDrop
May 19, 2004, 09:45 PM
On 2004-05-19 15:24, Corey wrote:
Answer:

Yes, the thing is a skin

though the question is raised why some characters have odd animations (Rico has some weird ones...)

You use Red Ring Rico? Didja use an AR? Cuz mine has the HUmar animations...

RuneLateralus
May 19, 2004, 09:58 PM
Each character model conforms to whatever skeletal animation is enveloped and weighted to. If the model fits the skeleton, then the animation will remain same. It is just the model that looks different.

Corey
May 20, 2004, 12:56 PM
On 2004-05-19 19:45, PhotonDrop wrote:

On 2004-05-19 15:24, Corey wrote:
Answer:

Yes, the thing is a skin

You use Red Ring Rico? Didja use an AR? Cuz mine has the HUmar animations...

*ahem* Rico on DC anyway...
Otherwise any GC char will always have status,HP,TP,and animations of the character created before NPC skin took effect