PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing :)

Xero_Silvera
May 19, 2004, 01:21 PM
Well, after taking the three week break from PSO, i turned it back on for the first time. Game File Corrupt.. WDF?! I aint online so i dunno what happened... but ah well. I needed something to occupy myself so i went over to a friends and traded him double dash for Animal crossing. Of course, this was my first time playing...
The game is extremely cool. The graphics are kinda lame, some things in the game are even 2D, but they really grow on you! If youre a fan of the sims or harvest moon, youd like this game.
Anyone out there who already played/plays this game? There is an OFFLINE way to trade items through Tom Nook, in case you didn't know.
I have some pretty neat stuff, if anyone wants to trade.. I'v never tried it before, but itd be pretty interesting.
Anyways, i retire from pso. I lost my lvl 110 skyly hucaseal.. among other med lvl characters.
-xero

Kuea
May 19, 2004, 01:48 PM
sorry to hear that

Unfortunetly I accidentaly deleted my animal crossings village.

I could have given you ome gold shovels or axes if that nook thing works

I liked haveing that gold statue of me by the train station

Skett
May 19, 2004, 01:57 PM
I rented it but never got to buying it. I will buy the Nintendo DS version though. The whole "play someone across the country using WiFi" makes collection and changing your house actually seem worth while.

Outrider
May 19, 2004, 02:19 PM
I've got it. I loved it. I played it straight for several months, but then stopped because my brother took the GCN to school with him. Then I just didn't play even when he brought it back.

I wanna go back, but I haven't been to the village in a year... I'm scared of what they're going to do to me.

Kuea
May 19, 2004, 02:21 PM
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

there thats what they will do.
and you will have alot of weeding to do

Outrider
May 19, 2004, 03:02 PM
I imagine they'll turn Resident Evil 4 on me and start coming at me with pick-axes and chainsaws.

Kuea
May 19, 2004, 03:47 PM
no you have to kit everyone in town with a net 20 tomes and not come back for 666 days for that to work.

That was an actual spoof code once

darthsaber9x9
May 19, 2004, 03:49 PM
yeah that game rocks. im looking for boxing theme stuff. if u got soem, then give em lol

DruidMettool
May 19, 2004, 04:09 PM
Animal Crossing is fun. And the next Animal Crossing will be semi-online on Nintendo DS (I think you'll be able to connect to a designated DS acorss the net)

Animal crossing itself is VERY fun. I should play it again.

Xero_Silvera
May 19, 2004, 11:43 PM
Hmm well.. I'v got alot of junk in the catelog and plenty of cash to buy em with. Right now im looking for..
All pieces to the 'rock garden' theme set, except for 'dark stone' 'leaning stone' and 'deer scare'

All/any pieces to the 'modern' theme set except
Modern Lamp, modern bed, modern wardrobe, modern lamp, modern tile.

Any pieces to the 'spooky' theme set (only obtainable on halloween from jack) except for spooky bed, spooky couch, spooky vanity, spooky chair, spooky clock, jack-in-the-box, jack-o'-lantern.

Also trying to find the Dice Stereo that redd sells.. i have some gyroids as well, i dont even need the things.. (i much prefer totakeke's stuff.)

Request items and ill see if i have them... i tried the trade thing and it works.. it just requires trust on both sides of the party. I think this community is trustworthy so im willing to trade freely.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, there is a website that has the Master item list, as well as many other things useful for playing AC.

http://www.animalxing.com
-xero

chantez131313
May 20, 2004, 07:39 AM
Yeah, i remember animal crossing. Probably like many other people, i viewed it as a game just for kids. But after hearing about it SO much, i finally bought it. And boy, was i wrong. That game is so addictive. I played for about 2 months straight everyday. Then it slowly died down. But now after reading this, ill think ill return to the wolrd or AC.

Also, i keep hearing people talking about trading. Are y'all in the same neighborhood,is there a way to get online? I saw someone say something about offline, but im still confused. Please help.

Zzzzzz
May 20, 2004, 12:04 PM
I was addicted to it for a little bit, but then it died down on me when I heard about Animal Crossing 2.
And the weed problem, Outrider? If you stay up between 12:00 and 4:00 AM, explore the place. They'll be a ghost hidden in one the spots(The only way to see him is to walk over the spot he's in). Talk to him, do what he wants you to do, then choose the option where he pulls out ALL the weeds. It'll make it easier on ya!

_knot_
May 20, 2004, 05:57 PM
Those were the days... I remember new years, everyone in the town just like exploded when it turned to 12:00 am. That and hitting people with nets are my favorite things in that game.

Oh and I also have the Super Mario Bros. and LOZ nes' I played wayyyyyy too much.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Xero_Silvera
May 21, 2004, 03:16 PM
Alright to answer the questions about trading...
It is not done online in any way, except to exchange passwords. You don't need to live anywhere near the person you're trading with, as long as you both have a form of communication with eachother. (Be it phone, messangers, email, snail mail, anything.)
Step by step way to trading
#1: Contact your trade partner and come to an agreement about what items you are going to swap.
#2: Find out the EXACT town spelling and character name spelling of your trade partner's town and character. (YES, IT IS CASE-SENSATIVE!!)
#3: Bring the item(s) to Tom Nook and speak to him about 'Other Things'
#4: Speak to him about 'Hear Code'
#5: Enter the EXACT town name and spelling of character name of your trade partner.
#6: Choose the item you are sending to the trade partner.
#7: Contact eachother again after you'v both recieved passwords for your traded-in items.
#8:Swap passwords (Make sure the person you are trading with is most likely reliable, as it IS possible to get scammed out of items. This isn't a very big deal unless youre swapping rare items, scince u get $$ easily and you can always re-order things)
#9: Talk to Nook again about 'other things' then 'Say Code'. Enter your new password to recieve item.

Now I realise there is a possibility of being scammed, but it rarely happens. The majority of the people you contact on this forum are mature about things, especially if you know them from PSO or elsewhere.

NOTE: certain items cannot be traded. (Ex: Examined fossils, Gyroids, etc.)
-xero
ps: If you have any items you need/want, please feel free to post. I am always willing to check my catalog for you. =)

Xero_Silvera
May 21, 2004, 09:37 PM
Animal crossing tips: Once a day there is a random rock in your village. When this rock is struck with an axe or shovel it will turn red and spit out bags of 100 or 1000 bell per strike until it returns to natural colors.

Sometimes villagers will drop hints about a certain prehistoric monster from the ocean.. others say you can see a living fossil.. still others talk about how strange things appear when it rains. Put them all together and you'v got a hunting time and place. Fish for the large shadows at the beach when it rains for a special surprise...

At christmas time if you happen to see jingle.. after receiving a present, go out of his sight but NOT out of the acre.. change your clothes and go back to speak with him again. He will not recognize you and he will give you more presents. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif BEWARE: there is a 10 gift limit per VILLAGE.

You can shake trees to find money.. although some trees contain bee hives! If you are skilled witha bug net, you can actually catch the bees and sell for even more cash, or donate to the museum!

more to come..
-xero

chantez131313
May 21, 2004, 11:46 PM
About the rock thing, if you dig 3 holes behind you like this: O-holes
O X-you
O X R R-rock
O

you can actually hit out 10,000 dollar bags since you wont get pushed back out of reach.

Go to another persons town and get a different fruit and fill up your inventory. Go back to your town and plant these in an empty acre and make you a fruit orchard. Then, when the tree grows, you can shake off the fruit and sell them for 500 bells a piece. Easy way to make money with time and patience.

Xero_Silvera
May 21, 2004, 11:54 PM
I dont get what umean about the rock thing but the orchards definately work, iv got a whole section full of foreign fruit trees http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif cash out de arse!
-xero

chantez131313
May 22, 2004, 12:24 AM
Woops, the post screwed up my drawing. Let me try again.

Explanation: Come up to a rock you think is the lucky rock. When you get to it, turn around and dig 3 holes behind you. Then turn back around and hit the rock. When you normally hit the rock, you get kicked back a little. Now since you cant fall in the holes, they brace you allowing you to hit the rock 1-3 more times, just enough to get the 10000 dollar bags. Let me try and draw this again.

R- rock X- You O- holes

O
O X R
O

There we go!

DruidMettool
May 22, 2004, 06:58 AM
Wow, I never thought of trying that...

Xero_Silvera
May 22, 2004, 11:02 AM
Oh i see.. i think i'll try that today, thanks for the tip! Is the axe faster at hitting the rock then the shovel? it seems so..
and i'd also like to ask what kind of 'theme' people are using in their houses, or themes theyd like to have. Right now mine is a 'spooky' theme.. I have a spooky bed, spooky couch, spooky chair, spooky clock, spooky vanity, 4 jack-o-lanterns, jack-in-the-box, tiki torches in all 4 corners of the house, parquet flooring, exotic wall.. Looks damn nice, if i do say so myself.
-xero

Ketchup345
May 22, 2004, 11:49 AM
On 2004-05-22 09:02, Xero_Silvera wrote:
Oh i see.. i think i'll try that today, thanks for the tip! Is the axe faster at hitting the rock then the shovel? it seems so..
and i'd also like to ask what kind of 'theme' people are using in their houses, or themes theyd like to have. Right now mine is a 'spooky' theme.. I have a spooky bed, spooky couch, spooky chair, spooky clock, spooky vanity, 4 jack-o-lanterns, jack-in-the-box, tiki torches in all 4 corners of the house, parquet flooring, exotic wall.. Looks damn nice, if i do say so myself.
-xero

YEs, the Axe is faster. Also, the 3 hoes does work.

I use the "Regal" theme/set/whatever upstairs, and on the main floor, no real set, just tryiong to hit tose HRA/whatever it's called points.

chantez131313
May 22, 2004, 02:21 PM
Lol, here's a little trick that i like:

Tired of the old sayings some of your townspeople say? If so, talk to them enough times until they ask you to come up with something new to say. When they ask you too, you'll get to type in any word you want, even colorful language. If you do that though make sure you make one letter different from the other, like the first letter capitalized and the rest lowercase.

This is a pretty funny trick. I walk around town now and villagers are cussing me out left and right! "How's it going, B****?" "What do you want, Da****?" Try it.

Oh, and about the ghost thing, do you mean walk in the acres he's in, or right on the spot he's standing? And is there anyway to make it easier?

Zzzzzz
May 22, 2004, 05:44 PM
It has to be the spot he's standing. I think there may be a audio hint, or you can see him faintly. I'm not so sure since it's been sometime since I've played the game. =/

Xero_Silvera
May 22, 2004, 05:49 PM
I was wondering about other peoples opinions on Totakeke's work... What are your top three favorite K.K. Sliders' songs?
For me, it's probly:
#1:DJ K.K.
#2:K.K. Love Song
#3:K.K. Comrade
Then again, iv only heard about 12 of them total.. lol
-xero
ps:willing to trade my DONKEY KONG nes game for an excitebike game.

kevlar_pso
May 24, 2004, 03:39 PM
I love my AC! Need to play it more tho. I just made a new char w/my son's name so I should be playin a lot more. What is every1's chars name and their towns name? Here's mine :

Kevin from Soapys
Rachelle from Soapys (my wife's char)

Paguaq from Tikiak

chantez131313
May 24, 2004, 07:26 PM
Spanky, Spunky, and Big Foot, all from the great town of hell! I like to make animals make funny statements.

Xero_Silvera
May 25, 2004, 02:48 PM
Rallos from Luta
Right now hes the only char in my village, im too lazy to make myself another.. so ill wait till my friends do.
-xero
ps: fav K.K. Songs??

Heretic88
May 27, 2004, 08:31 PM
I used to play alot. I havn't played in a long itme though.

chantez131313
May 27, 2004, 11:27 PM
Fav. KK song- rocking KK for now. I haven't heard many of them.

kevlar_pso
May 28, 2004, 02:05 PM
Next time I go back to my town I'll see what I have and see if any1 of ya'll wants to exchange items.

Xero_Silvera
May 29, 2004, 06:49 PM
I just found the Donkey Kong NES game, if anyone wants to trade me NES games.. I'm especially looking for Excitebike. I have Donkey Kong and also DK JR Math. Also, don't worry about the trust factor on NES games.. you can reorder them from catalog for a measily 3k. (1 snapper makes up for it.. cmon!)
EDIT: update, thx to waz i now have excitebike. I am also willin to trade it now.. so thats 3 things.. =)
-xero
ps: Updated new Fav kk songs:
#1) Lucky K.K. (pirate music!)
#2) DJ K.K. (Techno goodness)
#3) Comrade K.K. (Russian lapdance? Wdf?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xero_Silvera on 2004-05-30 21:19 ]</font>

kevlar_pso
Jul 4, 2004, 01:25 AM
town : Soapys
players : Kevin & Rachelle

Anyone wanna trade stuff?

Need the Classic Wall and Classic Carpet

kevlar_pso
Jul 4, 2004, 02:32 AM
On 2004-05-19 21:43, Xero_Silvera wrote:
Hmm well.. I'v got alot of junk in the catelog and plenty of cash to buy em with. Right now im looking for..
All pieces to the 'rock garden' theme set, except for 'dark stone' 'leaning stone' and 'deer scare'

All/any pieces to the 'modern' theme set except
Modern Lamp, modern bed, modern wardrobe, modern lamp, modern tile.

Any pieces to the 'spooky' theme set (only obtainable on halloween from jack) except for spooky bed, spooky couch, spooky vanity, spooky chair, spooky clock, jack-in-the-box, jack-o'-lantern.

Also trying to find the Dice Stereo that redd sells.. i have some gyroids as well, i dont even need the things.. (i much prefer totakeke's stuff.)

Request items and ill see if i have them... i tried the trade thing and it works.. it just requires trust on both sides of the party. I think this community is trustworthy so im willing to trade freely.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, there is a website that has the Master item list, as well as many other things useful for playing AC.

http://www.animalxing.com
-xero

Ok, so what is your town name and characters name?

Kadavreski
Jul 4, 2004, 03:24 AM
heh, i wanna play animal crossing. cant wait for it to hit our shores...

EGO-BOT
Jul 4, 2004, 04:32 AM
I like messing around with the pattern designer for clothes or the island flag or putting it on your characters front door. There's some really good patterns you can find on the internet, it just takes a long time to copy them down, but the end result is pretty good.

I found a link with some patterns here if anyone is interested in trying it out:

http://www.war3.com/warlock/actrading/textures/

Kadavreski
Jul 4, 2004, 04:53 AM
heh, harvest moon should've taken a leaf outta this games book, don'tcha think?

Dhylec
Jul 4, 2004, 09:35 AM
kevlar, what the heck is this?
com'on! you've been around long enough to know not to bump a 2-month old topic