PDA

View Full Version : ? for Maser Beam hunters

TheWeeOne
May 20, 2004, 09:02 PM
If anyone out there has ever found their own legit maser beam from the Ult. gol dragon, how many runs did it take you

I'm asking becase my friend has a Standstill Shield waiting for me when I get him a maser and I'v done 21 runs; yes, 21. I'm not thinking of giving up yet, but knowing I'm close to an overall average will motivate me now that it takes 2.75 runs to lvl up

doubletake123
May 20, 2004, 09:15 PM
its all random but i found mine on my like 13 lap its a load of crap your friend is in for a surprise.

Shigecki
May 20, 2004, 09:19 PM
The wep looks cool but yes it's a piece of crap. good luck on finding one, standstill is cool.

TheWeeOne
May 20, 2004, 09:48 PM
yes both my friend and I know It's a piece of crap but he's trying to collect the four photon booster weapons and this'll be the third one I've gotten him

I guess what's really ticking me off here is the fact that I've done 22 laps now (just did one before checking back), and the only thing I've found thusfar is a Last Survivor from a box(I'm Skyly). That's it, that's all. No Photon Drops, no Dragon Slayers, and I can forget about finding some Parts of Egg Blaster by now. But I shall continue since I'm gaining fine expierience and should get it before I actually can use the standstill (I'll have to get my run counter past 55 to get to lv.125)

Primrose
May 21, 2004, 03:48 AM
If your friend is Viridia, hes making quite a good deal with you, since Maser Beam is much rarer. Standstill Shield on Viridia is a 1/2 drop from Mil Lily, so it can be piped, while Maser Beam is (this is an estimate though, since Boss drop anything rates have not been found in the game data) a 1/57 drop from Gol Dragon.

rena-ko
May 21, 2004, 07:16 AM
this however is debateable, since imho a standstill is way more useful than a maser beam (which actually only has collection worth).

Primrose
May 21, 2004, 07:43 AM
I totally agree, Standstill Shield is among the best shields, but i was talking about rarity, since Maser Beam is so ridiculously useless.
But on the other hand looks really nice...

1/2 is maybe the work of 1,5 hours, while 1/57 will take you 33 hours.

kazuma56
May 21, 2004, 07:40 PM
Damn Maser Beam, I got one through my first run in Spaceship.

Me: What does Gol Dragon drop again
10 mins later noss dies
Me: ? a Red Box... probably a PD... hmmm, rare weapon must be good.
1-2 mins later
Me: Maser Beam eh, I remeber this wep in DC V.2 but cannot remeber what the problem was with it....
Pipe down to CCA
Me: hmm, let's see how it fairs....WTF only 50 dmg!!!
Ul Gibbon Appears
Me: he's weak against lightining.... 150 dmg!!!!

Morale of this story, Maser Beam isn't worth it and neither is Power Maser (if i remeber correctly).

PJ
May 21, 2004, 07:42 PM
To be fair, Maser Beam atleast zaps XD Standstill is just plain... ugly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

What's overall better? Standstill or Kasami?

rena-ko
May 22, 2004, 06:49 AM
in matter of style?

standstill is a nonplusultra for RAcast. thats for sure. also elemental defense-wise.

kasami adds atp... might be neat for hunters. its though not the best shield for hunters.

Dana
May 22, 2004, 07:51 AM
in 5 laps i found 3 or was it 4 laps, anyway i just wanted parts of egg blaster(grrr BARANZ)it sucks anyway(but looks super cool)

TheWeeOne
May 25, 2004, 03:45 PM
Getting back now; internet been down for a while ;p

anyway, I know that there are two sides to this trade, but let me explain:

I'm trying to break an old habit where I stop using a character after about lv.105, and so I'm trying to use my HUmar Skyly fo0r the most part. My friend is a Viridia who collects RA weapons and has the patience to pipe (I don't). My friend found one of these by my request. After I had done quite a few Seabed runs and got nothing, I remembered that Viridia got it so easily, and thus employed his services.

But that's no matter anymore, as I justwant to find ANYTHING from the spaceship.

Here's an uncompleted excavation report that I'm building:

Name: OmniGuru | ID: Skyly | Area: Ult. Spaceship
Starting lv: 108 | Target: Maser Beam/Gol Dragon
Rare/Source
1:(nothing)
2 - 12:(whole lot o' nothing)
13: Last Survivor(0/0/0/0/0)/Box
14 - 28: (nada)

This is what's ticking me off. I'm now at 122 and I'm not giving up 'til I at least get a dragon slayer!!!!

( btw sorry 4 the long post; kinda neccessary )

lain2k3
May 25, 2004, 06:39 PM
skyly spaceship is almost all crappy drops anyway. except flight cutter.

I wouldnt worry about getting anything besides the maser.