PDA

View Full Version : Electricity.

Firocket1690
May 21, 2004, 02:53 PM
>=o

Well, It has finally come to an end.

My mother has pushed me to the upper limits of my anger.
I used to have a nice computer at the other side of the room. mom gets bitchy, rips out electricity socket. Sooo .. I left my desktop at dad's house and start using my laptop. I get rid of the TV and use my laptop where the TV plug was. Mom ripped that one out sometime last July.
A few months ago, I found one last plug on the other side of the room, covered by my bed. I bought an extenstion thingy and used that.
Just today, my mother ripped that one out.
Now, I'm completly screwed and have no electricity whatsoever in my room.

No, my mother's not sane enough to get someone to unscrew stuff and pull wires out, she just rips the damn thing out of the -fucking- wall. Anywho, I won't be online as much.

Oh, and one last thing, anyone know where I can buy cheap laptop batteries for the Zony Vaio Z1 model ?
Sony sells for $99 + S/h http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
I only have four and a half hours left on this thing.
*goes off to listen to her iPo- no, wait ...
I DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING ELECTRICITY!!
Oh, and a reminder to everyone else out there, don't take your electricity for granted. Life is hard without it. >=o
- Xylion

Outrider
May 21, 2004, 03:04 PM
Firocket + Toxic Sewage + Bolt of Lightning = Hopefully, electricity powers.

If that doesn't work, uh... I dunno.

Seriously though, that sucks. Um... try to spend more time at teh dad's house? I dunno.

Dragon_Ash
May 21, 2004, 03:05 PM
That sucks... I'd probably break down without electricity... and you say she tears the plugs out of the walls and never bothers to replace them? =/

Firocket1690
May 21, 2004, 03:09 PM
On 2004-05-21 13:05, Dragon_Ash wrote:
That sucks... I'd probably break down without electricity... and you say she tears the plugs out of the walls and never bothers to replace them? =/

it's not her room, she doesn't give a damn.
-_-;
Yes, there's literally a hole into the next room where my socket was.
.. or whatever was in the wall between the rooms.

navci
May 21, 2004, 03:16 PM
What, she has insane fingers or something?
Can you report this as an abuse? Think about what she can do with those fingers! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I am sorry man. This is ridiculous.

Scejntjynahl
May 21, 2004, 03:36 PM
On 2004-05-21 13:16, navi wrote:
What, she has insane fingers or something?
Can you report this as an abuse? Think about what she can do with those fingers! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I am sorry man. This is ridiculous.

She turns into psychotic hulk mom...

What kind of example is this, shees, dont like something destroy it? Way to go mom, and they are the ones saying that today's youth has no hope... well duh, with that environment who would?

Im sorry you have suffered such wickedness, I mean that is just plain evil >:

Scrub
May 21, 2004, 03:44 PM
Uhmmm...Go into a different room and use the device?o_o?

Mixfortune
May 21, 2004, 03:52 PM
On 2004-05-21 13:44, Scrub wrote:
Uhmmm...Go into a different room and use the device?o_o?

That will probably result in the device itself getting thrown into a wall. Not worth the risk, I think.

_Ted_
May 21, 2004, 04:35 PM
Yikes!

Does she tear the wires right out of the wall or just the socket? If the wires are still there then you could go by a new socket and thread the wires into it, just be careful, very careful. No one wants to she a flaming firo around here.

KodiaX987
May 21, 2004, 07:46 PM
Bitch at your mom or something - she's an idiot for destroying the home to destroy your life.

lain2k3
May 21, 2004, 08:31 PM
Go use the stuff in her room, see if she rips out the sockets then.

SpikeOtacon
May 21, 2004, 08:44 PM
Go Bill Nye the Science guy on her! USE POTATOS FOR ENERGY!!
*shakes head* Sucks about what your mom is doing. Very odd. You'll find a way, firo always does.

Nai_Calus
May 21, 2004, 10:25 PM
Why the hell did she do that? O_o; I wanna know what you were doing to inspire this. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Still, it's fucking retarded.

Kuea
May 21, 2004, 11:26 PM
wow
that sucks

well you can always try ted suggestion if the wires are still there and just hide the outlet

or if all else fails you can hide an extension cord under the floor into your room and keep it hidden

Sharkyland
May 22, 2004, 03:04 AM
Wtf?! O_o Does she complain about having spent too much money on electricity?

DarthFomar
May 22, 2004, 03:06 AM
Why are you having this little problem in the first place?!

navci
May 22, 2004, 03:50 AM
On 2004-05-22 01:06, DarthFomar wrote:
Why are you having this little problem in the first place?!

Her mom is psycho? And that you don't get to pick moms, and/or that moms don't show up as psycho when you first saw them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

DarthFomar
May 22, 2004, 04:34 AM
Well........I'd a strangled my mom by now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I couldn't live without the things I love. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rich_T
May 22, 2004, 10:28 AM
If this is true, and you mother has ripped the wall sockets out, you do understand that this is both
Extremely dangerous
and Extremely Stupid.

If the sockets have been ripped out leaving holes, there will be some wires that went into the sockets, unless the sockets have been properly disconected from the mains consumer unit, These Wires will be LIVE and should not be touched, there is a considerably high risk of the folowing hapening

Electric shock, theres enough power in there to kill, or to cause serious damage to anyone who comes into contact with it, also any metalic surfaces the wores fall against will be live, and will present a likewise danger, if the wires are touching a metalic water pipe, then you, and anyone else entering the house are potentialy in serious danger.

Fire, when wires short out they produce sparks, and/or heat, this can cause a fire, especialy if the wires have fallen down inside the walls

If the sockets have been ripped out of the walls you need to locate your Fusebox/Consumer unit, and isolate the circuits for the affected sockets.
most houses are wired on the ring mains principle, with a differetn ring for each circuit, the cicuits can be switched off at the fusebox/consumer unit by removing fuses ( they either pull out or twist out) or by tripping a circuit breaker by hand ( a bit like a light switch)

If the wall sockets have been ripped out, and are in a dangerous condition, you mother could be in serious trouble with both the local authorities and the electricity company.
in most places, this will be in serious breach of building regulations and codes, and also in breach of the suply contract for the electricity company.

If this is true
your electrical wiring ion your house is in an unsafe and potentialy lethal state, you, or any one else who enters the house are at risk of a lethal electric shock, and the house may also catch fire[b]
You need to tell your mother this, especialy the safety aspects.

[b] Ifyou are unsure of anything, call you electricity company imediatlyfor advice, its better to thave no power for a while than to be dead

Sharkyland
May 22, 2004, 02:16 PM
Thou shall heed to the post up above.

Ness
May 22, 2004, 04:14 PM
You need to talk to you mother because that's just messed up.

Evil_Althena8
May 23, 2004, 01:03 AM
no offense, but she sounds like a psychotic bitch. I don't know any mom crazy enough to repeatedly rip out electricity sockets. Maybe she has a secret subconscious hatred toward electricity?...or just Firo...

opaopajr
May 23, 2004, 03:37 PM
petition a lawsuit with your dad to divorce your mom or at least file charges of child endangerment.

if there are loose *live* electrical wires just hanging about in your room because of her actions (ripping out a socket is *very dangerous* and irresponsible) she is culpable. she is exposing you to a) electrocution b) major fire hazard.

she has no right to do this. remind her that there is a power greater than her authority - and it's the gov't. you have access to redress, but you'd need an adult authority to help you through the process.

nothing like a lawsuit to send someone straight. thank god for law.