PDA

View Full Version : Playing online

Ahya
May 22, 2004, 03:22 PM
If I play online... will i get beat up by other players .. who will then after that, take my items?

Ketchup345
May 22, 2004, 03:34 PM
Other player's can't beat you up except in Battle Mode.

Also, they can't take your items unless you drop trade. If you die, the weapon only gets unequipped.

Ahya
May 22, 2004, 04:47 PM
Your right ... maybe i dont have to worry about playing online

Sitka
May 23, 2004, 01:01 PM
The other players won't beat you up but that unholiest of unholy enemies, the dreaded FSOD will freeze you, strip you of your money, mates, fluids, dolls, grinders and that rare weapon you just found after three months of looking and forgot to put in your bank. Play online - but keep your weapons in your bank.

EhtycS101
May 23, 2004, 07:38 PM
Dont be worried about online play. The majority of people are friendly and willing to help.

Try and stay away from Vega unless nescessary, over there, it's 75% hacked mags/weapons.

Stay legit, and look for me online [I use my HUcast EhtycS mainly], I'm always willing to help.

Oh, also, a router, in a few peoples opinions, help prevent FSOD, its not proven though.

Ahya
May 24, 2004, 02:01 PM
so i'll need a router to connect a gc modem to play online.. or can i just connect to my dsl modem?

Ketchup345
May 24, 2004, 02:06 PM
On 2004-05-24 12:01, Ahya wrote:
so i'll need a router to connect a gc modem to play online.. or can i just connect to my dsl modem?

You can either go straight to the modem, but I prefer using a router (I like being online with PSO and online on the http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/mac.gif at the same time; which is highly reccommended for at least your first few times through C-Mode, since you can play and have a map availible).

Ahya
May 24, 2004, 02:23 PM
but i have an ethernet socket avaible on my dsl modem .. does the gc modem connect with ethernet?

Vielka
May 24, 2004, 04:04 PM
all i can say is good luck.. i have bellsouth dsl and a gc.. i couldnt connect with a router, without a router, from my computer to my gc.... I think i had to download some extra patch for my pc or something and manually update the registry.. best of luck..

Ahya
May 24, 2004, 05:01 PM
Thanks .. but if the ethernet socket doesnt work, i can get the router. I got a job so i just have to wait til' pay day http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif