PDA

View Full Version : Stupid "E"...

PaleKid15
May 22, 2004, 09:55 PM
I absolutely dispise the "E" next to all my chrs names online. Why? Because the vast majority of jp players will not help me in c-mode because of it, and Alcyone 6 is the only place to do c-mode (a jp ship). How do I know that the "E" is the reason? I asked several jp players who speak english, and that's what they told me. So, I will never complete c-mode and never get an s-rank. Wonderful. That is, unless, some pso ppl help me and lain 2k3...

Any one else think they have been discriminated against because of their language?

This wouldn't usually make me so angry, but it doesn't make any sense. The majority of jp people I've seen can speak english fairly well, but still won't help the "stupid american". GRRR!!!

Firocket1690
May 22, 2004, 10:11 PM
Think about it this way, They made their own organized cmode block. They're good at it.
no offense, but majority of americans that tend to lack the skill usually head over there, looking for help. Most of them, screwing up often. Therefore, most Japanese assume all americans suck, which is about 80% true (from what I've seen) and usually won't play with you.

Oh, and what, you're too good for psow's cmode wednesdays ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EhtycS101
May 22, 2004, 10:26 PM
Look at it through their eyes. If you wanted to S-rank C-mode, would you want to play with someone asking for help with -mode because they have never s-ranked it?

Plus, I try to avoid playing on JP servers because of the lag.

AzureBlaze
May 22, 2004, 11:48 PM
I agree about the E.
But it's a whole lot of revenge, revenge that the USA/EU/Whatever won't ever stop feeling on PSO. Back in the day on DCPSO, you wouldn't believe how horrible the USAs were to the jps, and everyone else too. People I'd watch would put together swear-parties to go over to their ships and harass them. Then the NOLers and FSODers all had their go.

Basically, the really really horrible element of USA/Wherever has tainted beyond repair the reputation of all english speakers. By no means was every eng. speaker in on it, but the overwhealming amount of 'bad apples' really have spoiled the batch for everyone else.

It's nearly impossible to make JP friends now, they've all been driven into hiding, or stereotyping the Eng. as obnoxious morons and simply refusing to speak. On ep3, all that tourny-bashing was most likely an attempt at revenge to try and ruin the game for us as the bad element did for them.

Either way, I'm still trying to get thru E2C, and can willingly also do E1C...PM me if you wanna go. Been trying to put a team together for ages, but everyone's so into their precious 'rank' that...just doesn't happen.

Nai_Calus
May 23, 2004, 12:21 AM
Eh, I've had some bad experiences on Alcyone. XP I remember when I did C8 there... Ugh, miserable. >_< Utter incomptetent idiots. I was more competent than them, and I hadn't done it before. XP

Murdercall
May 23, 2004, 10:43 AM
Man, its pretty simple what you have to do. Copy a jp word select to shortcut like "hello" but with a couple of stars by it and some other words too. Change you're language setting and pretend to be japanese..I did it back in the day lmao :|

PaleKid15
May 23, 2004, 12:25 PM
That would make it kind of difficult to tell what items i was getting...

Kupi
May 23, 2004, 04:06 PM
What I typically did was check Alcyone 6 every half-hour or so and see if there was a game for the stage I wanted to do, and join if it wasn't labeled "TA" or had a J player in it already. Once there, I'd use the "I am a beginner" Word Select so they'd know I wasn't perfect. Most of them would understand and let me play, and from there it was a matter of playing well enough to show the rest of the team that I was, in fact, able to make a contribution. I've gotton through C-Mode with an S-Rank twice that way so far; perhaps that'll help.

If nothing else, join their games rather than waiting for them to join yours.

PaleKid15
May 24, 2004, 03:45 PM
they dont write the names of the games in english, so i dont know what game to join.

DruidMettool
May 24, 2004, 07:49 PM
It pisses me off more when you see game names like

C 4 (Kanji) jp
C6 ~('-'Jp (music note)

and then the classic..

No Amerikhana (music note)

The racism on the JP side is unbearable...

KodiaX987
May 24, 2004, 07:54 PM
So? I've seen Americans causing hell in JP ships like there was no tomorrow. The game plays both ways, man.

Alielle
May 25, 2004, 02:26 AM
Sometimes you just have to be really patient. Asking for help in lobbies is a different question, but nice JP players will usually join your team if you give it some time. Go in prepared, with maps, and you'll generally get respect no matter what language setting you're in.

I'm annoyed with the stereotype that JP players are automatically good at c-mode. I've met a lot of them who had absolutely no idea what they were doing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rabite.gif

SJ
May 25, 2004, 05:35 AM
Alot of jp players are pros and dont want 'stupid americans' mucking up the times...
I join a game and dont speak unless word select.
That way they have no idea if ur jp or not ^_^
Dont make ur own team unless you have at least 1 person doin it with yuo..
Otherwise ul be in for a LONG wait >.<