PDA

View Full Version : Blue Burst Support Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Arislan
May 23, 2004, 02:03 AM
Have a problem? Post here. Check the FAQ in this first post, updated as I find out answers to questions. I know Tech Support would be a better place for this, but honestly, noone else that may be able to help with BB but Violet and I really look there. So this would be better, for now.

The FAQ is now actually located here (http://kaizoku-ou.org/arislan/faq.htm) , for ease of reading. The topics included in the FAQ are listed below.

*Added by Tomeeboy: If the above link doesn't work, Getintothegame has provided us with backup links of the faqs, thanks!

Getintothegame: I've uploaded the back up pages of the FAQ and Items page for all of you:

http://www.getintothegame.net/arislan/faq.htm
http://www.getintothegame.net/arislan/items.htm

Credit to Arislan, of course.

1.1a How do I set up my IME (Windows XP)?
1.1b How do I set up my IME (Windows 2000)?
1.2 I don't have Windows XP or 2000! That doesn't work! Can I still do anything?
1.3 OK, I have an IME installed, how do I sign up?
1.4 I got the email, where is my login and password?
1.5 I got the client as a rar file, what now?
1.6 Where do I get the client?

Pre-gameplay issues
2.1 How do I put in my Login/Password?
2.2 I still don't have XP or 2000... And still can't type it in, what now?
2.3 I can't connect to the patch server! What do I do?
2.4 My computer sucks and I need to turn down the graphics! How?
2.5 I put in my Login/Pass and selected the top option to play, but the game crashes to the desktop. Why?
2.6 Umm, what do the options in the Options selection from the main menu mean?
2.7 I'm getting error message 1xx or 9xx when I try to sign on! What do I do?
2.8 How do I know if the server is actually down for maintenance or not?
2.9 What do all these pre-gameplay menus mean?
2.10 How can I tell my Section ID? They've changed from GC/XBox!

Gameplay Issues
3.1 What do all these in-game menus mean?
3.2 How do I open new stages?
3.3 Can I play any old offline quests?
3.4 I can't type at all! How do I type?
3.5 I can't type in English! How do I do so?
3.6 Ok, I can type in English but where are the English players?
3.7 I can't read anything! What are these items?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-06-13 23:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-07-04 17:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomeeboy on 2005-01-20 20:00 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
May 23, 2004, 03:45 AM
Brilliant, Arislan! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Also, you don't ACTUALLY have to set the IME settings to default japanese (well, for windows 2k anyway) - it is set so you can just press 'alt' and 'shift' to switch between IME settings.

And, 'I can open the chat box, but can't type/it's typing in english! - If you can't type, it's because your IME settings are incorrect. Please see above for more information. If eveything's coming out in Japanese when you type (press space to type), then hold 'alt and press ` (the button to the left of '1'). This should enable you to talk in normal english text. However, it tends to reset every now and again, so whenever you try to type and it's Japanese again, simply press alt and ` again and it should be alright.

~ Antimony

Arislan
May 23, 2004, 03:58 AM
Hmm, if anyone can test the Alt-shift in XP, check it out. I'm pretty sure I suggested it to others without success, so it may be a 2000/NT thing only. As for the tilde trick, should work great, I had forgotten how to get the secondary function on it (duh, alt stands for alternate you moron! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ), and that should help quite a few people getting Romaji text much more easily.

Link00seven
May 23, 2004, 10:01 AM
Any chance of me making the game run a little smoother? Or is the GeForce II just not good enough?

VioletSkye
May 23, 2004, 10:31 AM
The alt+shift does work for XP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DarK-SuN
May 23, 2004, 10:41 AM
Yep, Alt+Shift works perfectly for me in XP. ^_^

I updated the guide to include some preliminary graphics setup information about PSOBB.
This should help you out a bit till I get more detailed information, Linkooseven. ^_^

astuarlen
May 23, 2004, 02:40 PM
Ugh, what the heck? I have it set to japanese when I start the game, but I can't type my login. >_> In fact, just trying to hit "enter" or the arrow keys takes at least 5 tries of pounding on the kb... I dunno what to do. =[

LuciferSam
May 23, 2004, 04:23 PM
Oh man, I have registered completely, downloaded hte file, and extracted it and now I'm stuck here with a .cdi file and I have no idea what to do with it.
Can I get some help or could you direct me to a guide please.

Dragon_Ash
May 23, 2004, 04:48 PM
I've gotten to the ID entry screen but I am not able to type anything in... and as for lanuage packs, my computer didn't come with a windows XP disc that has the lanuage settings.... so am I screwed? Or is there anything that I can do to change the lanuage settings to japanese? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DarK-SuN
May 23, 2004, 06:03 PM
On 2004-05-23 14:23, LuciferSam wrote:
Oh man, I have registered completely, downloaded hte file, and extracted it and now I'm stuck here with a .cdi file and I have no idea what to do with it.
Can I get some help or could you direct me to a guide please.

A .cdi file is a Diskjuggler CD Image file, use DJ to burn it to a CD.
Alternatively, use Daemon Tools to load the CDI file as a virtual CD drive.
Use google to find the places to download this, since I'm not sure of the actual download links.

Dragon_Ash: You're partially screwed, mostly because by law the place where you bought the PC HAD to give you a CD with the operative system they installed.

hollowtip
May 23, 2004, 06:41 PM
Could someone compile a step by step tutorial on how to get blue burst up and running in one post? I'm confused because 3 threads and 20 pgs to sort through is a bit confusing and daunting since I can't read Kanji/Japanese.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2004-05-23 16:42 ]</font>

Para
May 23, 2004, 06:58 PM
Any ideas whats going on for my friend? Her PSO BB auto closes on her when she runs it

Arislan
May 23, 2004, 08:46 PM
Majorly updated the FAQ with a lot of questions I've gotten from PMs, IMs, and such. Moved it offsite for now, we'll see about making into a FAQ onsite in a while. The FAQ itself is bare bones, I don't really want to spend the time sprucing it up and making it look pretty, just needs to do it's job. Anything else that needs to be answered, keep going right ahead and asking!

Link00seven
May 23, 2004, 08:47 PM
I got it so it runs, but it plays like crap and the graphics suck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anyone got a spare videocard they dont need anymore? lol.

astuarlen
May 23, 2004, 09:42 PM
Still having problems with login, and none of the methods in the FAQ work. >_<

try pressing alt+enter on the keyboard
Nothing happens. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

1) Right click the EN or JP icon in the taskbar
I can't right click the icon on my taskbar. Nothing happens at all. I can't change language in the Regional Settings either, as Japanese is not given as an option.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

One thing I can do is press alt+shift. This brings up a little message in japanese (I assume) to the left of the login area. I tried taking a screenshot, but it didn't show up, so I attempted to draw what I saw (rather poorly). This is what the message looks like to the best of my abilities:
http://www.numen.nu/jpnmsg.jpg

I'm running Win ME with the latest Japanese IME I could find. Somehow I got the language icon to finally pop up in my taskbar while at the desktop (it was previously only available in IE) and I tried to change it to Jpn before starting the game, but it seems to change the language back.
Heeeelp!

Tets
May 23, 2004, 09:53 PM
I've been referred here for help by a friend. My problem is that I can't seem to log in to PSO BB at all. I can input my username and password but once I select the top item in the main menu it goes to what I can only assume is an error screen. At the top is "No908" in parenthesis and Japanese text below that sadly I cannot read. If anyone could help me, that'd be awesome.

Arislan
May 23, 2004, 10:06 PM
That would be the same screen that is recieved from not being able to connect to eh patch server. The error is that the server may be down for maintenance. Far more likely is that there is something keeping you from connecting on your end, such as a firewall. Check for and disable any firewall programs that you may have running, and see if you can connect then. Windows XP itself has a firewall program as well, make sure you disable this as well.

As for Astuarlen, try uninstalling and reinstalling the IME, then choosing JP as a default language, or pressing alt shift in that menu. The pic you drew shows that it should now be attempting to type in half width romaji characters, which is good, but the program still isn't recognizing the input, which is of course, bad.

hollowtip
May 24, 2004, 12:04 AM
Thank you Arislan, I appreciate your efforts. The PSO force is strong within you.

Mixfortune
May 24, 2004, 01:21 AM
So seeing this on the ID login is a good thing?
http://www.numen.nu/jpnmsg.jpg (borrowing your picture there).

I see that text mentioning something about halfwidth, it seems... and I am able to input my ID name and password.

When I attempt to log on, I get the 904.
Maybe the server is down, but it seems unlikely.
I have my ZoneAlarm off and it would seem my built in WinXP firewall is also off. The error 904 points out that something is incorrect with my Game ID and Password. I tried variants of the password but with no luck. How many characters are the passwords? The email I had was a bit jumbled, so I had to guesstimate where the password started due to patterns associated with the username. I will continue to experiment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-05-23 23:21 ]</font>

Tets
May 24, 2004, 02:00 AM
I disabled my software firewall and was still unable to get past that screen. I am connected through a NAT router, would I have to forward any ports to make it work?

RFB
May 24, 2004, 02:15 AM
Long time no see, PSOW forums.. long time indeed.

Mixfortune, just so you stop testing: your ID is one of those you asked for, and you'll see that it has a J before. forget about that J, and the rest till the end of the line is your ID. Then in the line just below where your ID is, you'll se again at the end of the line, a J followed by senseless letters and numbers. Once again, dont type the J, and the rest till the end of the line is your password.

Tets, routers are also hardware firewalls. You should check it too, to be sure that it's not blocking ports.

As for writing, you have to set as default and use Japanese Keyboard with a Microsoft IME or whatever setting... I'm not at home right now, but I'll check it as soon as I'm back in my very own beloved computer.

Arislan
May 24, 2004, 02:28 AM
For ports, there isn't any need for anything to be forwarded that I can tell (unless the poerts are closed, of course). But the ports used ingame and by the patch server are 6073 UDP and 2302-2400 UDP and TCP . Try forwarding those and see if that takes care of the problem.

As for the 904. That would be invalid Login/Pass. Check the FAQ page, updated it with a pic of how to find your exact L/P.

cowciller
May 24, 2004, 02:40 AM
erm........... i think im just stupid or something..... cause i couldnt find the link to download the file......... i registered successfully, but that doesnt do me any good if i cant find the file! please help me if possible... a link would be awsome! (^_^)

oh, by the way... im new to these forums.. so hello!

RFB
May 24, 2004, 02:51 AM
This is a link that I found in a spanish community to download a torrent PSO file. It worked incredibly nice, my Azureus kept giving bumps between 22KBps and 27KBps (I'm on a 256Kb ADSL, so it couldnt go much faster. Whoever the total speed of the torrent seemed to be of 2 MEGS. Pretty fast)

http://minkoffro.no-ip.com/download/PSOBB%20v1.6.rar.torrent

Arislan
May 24, 2004, 03:21 AM
Just for ease of use, I added the two Torrent links to the FAQ as well. The one you offered up RFB, is from a Chinese site, and is VERY fast, has quite a few people sharing full seeds. Nice. I'm not a fan of Bittorrent, but for lack of any other way to do it.. Still hoping someone would be willing to offer the webspace and bandwidth to host the file though.

Also added in methods of getting the IME working for those poor souls not using the newest MS OS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-05-24 01:43 ]</font>

AndyPandy
May 24, 2004, 03:46 AM
Neither of those download links work.

RFB
May 24, 2004, 04:06 AM
Neither? I just tried the one I posted and it downloaded perfectly...

AndyPandy
May 24, 2004, 04:15 AM
Must be my PC then.

I always get the same error with torrents: problem connecting to tracker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2004-05-24 02:30 ]</font>

Arislan
May 24, 2004, 04:20 AM
Let it sit, the tracker is probably just being weird. It's definitely up, took a couple of attempts to begin downloading again, but ater that, worked fine. Bittorrent is a bit odd, since it uses an HTTP request system to begin tracker and connection requests, so a single lost packet results in an error. Just be patient, the links work.

prismsub5
May 24, 2004, 04:25 AM
i've had the same problem with the torrent, after 15 tries it finally connected.

demonhill
May 24, 2004, 04:29 AM
i have registered and d/l the game installed it but cannot right my ID in and password o cant find the language settings and i have installed the ime as i have windows 98. can anyone help and alt + shift gets rid of the game for me. thanks

AndyPandy
May 24, 2004, 04:38 AM
This is on the Bit torrent webby.

Q = I get an error message starting with 'problem connecting to tracker', what should I do?
The tracker for the one particular file you're trying to download is probably down. Try to download again later.

Alternately, this error message may indicate that your net connection is down or doesn't allow arbitrary outgoing connections, which is necessary for BitTorrent to work.

Arislan
May 24, 2004, 04:49 AM
Alt+left shift gets rid of the game? Odd, it shouldn't. It may be bringing up the menu and autochanging it from there, which brings PSO out of the window for a split second, thereby killing it. Try seeing if you can set it as a default language entry, that's about all I can say to try. Updated the FAQ with information on how to do that.

Mixfortune
May 24, 2004, 04:53 AM
Hmmm so I had my ID name and password correct after all, and I'm still getting the 904. For clarification, what type setting do we want? Half-width? Full-width? Alphanumeric? Hiragana? Katakana? Direct Input? I also set it to No Conversion, but I don't think that will make any difference.

Also, be aware that when setting the default language setting, you may need to restart your computer before changes take affect. Otherwise, the language setting will change as your run the PSOBB program.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-05-24 02:55 ]</font>

Arislan
May 24, 2004, 05:23 AM
Send a screen of the 904, I'll see if I can translate it and find out what the error is exactly.

cluw
May 24, 2004, 05:44 AM
Error 908:
(hopefully geocities bandwidth holds up long enough for someone to see this)
http://www.geocities.com/sumdumd00d/908.txt

Arislan
May 24, 2004, 06:02 AM
Ok, 908 is the Server maintenance error, like I thought. Check for firewalls, and make sure your ports are open for gameplay. Like stated before, a router is a hardware firewall as well, so try connecting the computer directly, and see if that's the problem. I'll start compiling a list of error messages as I can get screens and figure them out.

Pretty sure 904 is invalid Username or Pass, take go to this link
https://ipas.isao.net/signup_pso/psobb/login_index.htm
And try logging in there. If that doesn't work, register again. Still would like a screen of any error but 908 (Thanks for that) so I know exactly what they are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-05-24 04:45 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
May 24, 2004, 06:57 AM
Seems like everyone is getting this error. Maybe ST is actually patching against the hacks or something.

BOmar
May 24, 2004, 07:06 AM
Taken from ragol.co.uk:

There will be server maintenance on the Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst servers from 18:00 today (Japanese Time).

At this time, please do not connect to the servers as character data may not be retained, however you will not be automatically disconnected. Until there is a time announced for the end of the server maintenance, please do not connect to the games servers.

During this maintenance, Sonic Team hope to sort out the following problems:

The login problems between moving ships and such where phenomenons occur!
Data Locking (Where reconnection is impossible).
Restoration of the following Ships which have become unstable: 06:Virgo, 07:Libra, 08:Scopio, 09:Sagittarius.
As already mentioned, Sonic Team ask that no-one connects to the games servers during time of maintenance until the time when Sonic Team announce a maintenance end time (TBA). Also players of this game should be aware of the maintenance that occurs everyday regardless between the times of 10:00 & 13:00 (Japanese Time).

RFB
May 24, 2004, 07:31 AM
Jesus, I was starting to fear that my ISP had blocked the ports! XD Thanks, BOmar

cluw
May 24, 2004, 08:22 AM
Error 903:
I assume this is still maintenance.
http://www.geocities.com/sumdumd00d/903.txt

Error 905:
I'm really not liking how this one looks.
http://www.geocities.com/sumdumd00d/905.txt

Error 100:
WHY MUST THE ERRORS PERSIST?
http://www.geocities.com/sumdumd00d/100.txt

I'm going to go assume geocities is about to run out of bandwidth for my account. Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cluw on 2004-05-24 06:43 ]</font>

Sodders
May 24, 2004, 08:25 AM
I swear, I got through the patcher just now, I had 2 characters. Both of them are missing now. This is annoying. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Para
May 24, 2004, 08:35 AM
im gettin an error called no 100... what is it?

Sodders
May 24, 2004, 08:36 AM
I just got a 903.. Which is impossible since it was working and I did nothing to change that.

Para
May 24, 2004, 08:37 AM
anyone know the errors that cluw stated?

RFB
May 24, 2004, 08:58 AM
No idea. But a few minutes ago, it looked like I was going to connect, but I had to talk to a pal in MSN. Now, I try again, and what do I find? YES, Error 908? I wonder what the hell are they doing with the servers??

Edit: I've got in just now, but only ships 1 to 5 are online. Guess they're still working on the others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RFB on 2004-05-24 07:40 ]</font>

Sodders
May 24, 2004, 09:57 AM
Okay, my characters are back, but it hangs at the character selection screen, I WANT TO PLAY!...

cluw
May 24, 2004, 10:01 AM
On 2004-05-24 07:57, Sodders wrote:
Okay, my characters are back, but it hangs at the character selection screen, I WANT TO PLAY!...

keep reconnecting.. and reconnecting.. and reconnecting..

it took me around.. hmm.. 12 tries to finally be able to select my chars. i'm having the problem again when i try to reconnect, and i assume if i'd keep trying, i'd get on. (by the way, only 5 ships were up when i got on)

AndyPandy
May 24, 2004, 10:12 AM
Can anyone help....ive downloaded the client, installed and am now filling in the finalk form to register.

Ive done the Japanese writing by the guide and it seems to work fine. Ive got the the part at the bottom were it asks for three names, but everytime I put them in and hit ok, it comes back with a error in japanese.

What do I put in these boxes...I presume 3 unique players id names? do they have to be in Japanese or can they be in English.

Thanks

cluw
May 24, 2004, 10:20 AM
What do I put in these boxes...I presume 3 unique players id names? do they have to be in Japanese or can they be in English.

Yes, those are your account IDs. They can be in english, but they must be between 6 and 8 characters long, and must not begin with a number.

Peril
May 24, 2004, 10:22 AM
I've got the client and signed-up, i've even put my username and password into the game and got the patches...but, i cant make a character, it goes to the screen with four boxes with NEW CHARACTER in and then returns to main menu http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Before it started doing this i managed to make a character and was on the connecting... screen but it died and lost my character.
Any ideas why it died or why i cant make a new chracter?

Para
May 24, 2004, 10:59 AM
server is under maintenance.

Peril
May 24, 2004, 11:02 AM
Whens the maintenence finish, UK time please...

Sodders
May 24, 2004, 11:11 AM
I hope its just not me when it just hangs at the character select screen.

RFB
May 24, 2004, 11:14 AM
No, it also happens to me.. and I have to reconnect several times, normally. Now my problem is that I dont get the KB to write in romaji always.

cluw
May 24, 2004, 11:21 AM
Error 914:
http://www.geocities.com/sumdumd00d/914.txt

It happened when I got Error 100 and tried to reconnect. =x

I assume it's no big deal, just I like to take screenshots of errors.

AndyPandy
May 24, 2004, 11:28 AM
I just finished getting this sorted.

I connected and it downloaded a load of update files fine.

Reconnected, created a character. then started to login....after that it exited to the desktop.

Looks like server Maintenance to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2004-05-24 09:59 ]</font>

Peril
May 24, 2004, 11:42 AM
I'm glad its not just me then, becuase i got exactly the same thing. I just get a partially loaded charcter select screen, like its not picking any info from the server.
w00t for server maintenance! I'm glad its not game error!
any ideas about how long the maintenance is or when it is due to finish?

AndyPandy
May 24, 2004, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I can log on fine now, but I get an error 100 when trying to connect to any of the ships.

Peril
May 24, 2004, 12:04 PM
Yep im the same, not just you then...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sharkyland
May 24, 2004, 12:18 PM
The kanjis are too hard to read (well for me).

Mixfortune
May 24, 2004, 12:21 PM
On 2004-05-24 03:23, Arislan wrote:
Send a screen of the 904, I'll see if I can translate it and find out what the error is exactly.

Ah I think I figured out what it was.
Basically, I had input the Game ID incorrectly.
I should have read my actual Game ID more closely. I was expecting mxfrtn0 but it was mixfrtn0 instead http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If you still want a screenshot for reference to the guide I have one, but just putting in an incorrect Game ID will get you the 904.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-05-24 10:23 ]</font>

hollowtip
May 24, 2004, 01:36 PM
An easy way to register is to translate the page in babelfish, copy the Kanji examples they have for each line on the normal web page and paste, and create your own unique ID and password at the bottom.

This works flawlessly, and is what I did.

AndyPandy
May 24, 2004, 01:39 PM
I can get online now...its all good again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I need to get a gamepad setup, as the keyboard is really spoiling this game for me at the moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2004-05-24 11:40 ]</font>

YujiNaka
May 24, 2004, 01:52 PM
I need a good and exact answer what to do with the cdi file! I tried to download a Virtual CD programm but I donno how that works....dont work for me... created a virtual cd rom and put the file into there and then? donno donno....

BrokenHope
May 24, 2004, 02:02 PM
just download iso buster, open the file using that, then just drag the set up program from the iso buster window to your desktop, then just install it.

Para
May 24, 2004, 02:28 PM
Arislan u know what this means?

Furthermore, with the open β test there is no restriction of character level. As for the game data of the open β test, taking over that way the case of formal service in, it is the schedule which you can utilize.
However, the one where character level becomes 20 or more during period taking over the game data, when it becomes utilization, formal service target date compared to rating liquidation (purchase of ハンターズライセンス) being to become necessary, please note.

Or

http://psobb.jp/info-ob2.html

Peril
May 24, 2004, 02:31 PM
Im getting Error 903 at the moment. Anyone else the same?
Is that the maintenance one?

Also im level 1, anyone wanna do forest with me, preferably level 1 also...

My chars name is Daniel ingame btw

RFB
May 24, 2004, 02:33 PM
Dont know if that error is due to the servers being closed, but the servers are closed. We were just dancing in the lobby and acting like idiots when "POF", disconnected. So dont even attempt to connect for a while.

Rainbowlemon
May 24, 2004, 02:34 PM
Hmm, It seems everyone has just been autokicked from the servers after a ten-minute countdown...I wonder what they're doing with these servers.

Also, peril, the daily server maintenance is from 1 'till 4 in the morning GMT, and the server maintenance going on today started at 9:00am.

~ Antimony

Peril
May 24, 2004, 02:35 PM
Has anyone had FSOD yet, cus i froze, not sure if it was caused by player or my computer...I also disconnected as soon as i entered a Telepipe to Forest 1.
These are either game glitches, my pc being lame or other dudes messing me about.

Arislan
May 24, 2004, 02:38 PM
The level thing means that if you have a character over level 20 when they kick it over to true service and DONT reset accounts, you:re going to HAVE to pay to play, as opposed to those who dont have one over 20,m and fall under the trial.

And nothing on STs page saying theyve stopped maintenance at all, so all these errors are from the servers STILL being down. Those of you that have managed to get in are just getting lucky by bashing the server at the right times when they're resetting connections.

Yuji, the FAQ starting this thread has a click by click instruction for using Daemon Tools, shouldn:t be too hard if you follow that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-05-24 12:39 ]</font>

Para
May 24, 2004, 02:42 PM
hmm i better transfer stuff over to another char when they bump it to retail just incase...

Because I don't think I have any method of paying for this game...

Rainbowlemon
May 24, 2004, 02:57 PM
http://psobb.jp/top

* Temporary maintenance of the game server ended (2004/05/25 5: 00)

2004 May 24th 18: Temporary maintenance of the game server from 00 ended.
Cooperation thank you.

With this maintenance, it coped to the below-mentioned trouble.

- At the time and ship movement etc. of login the occasion where it does, the character becomes another form, the possession item is visible in another ones, and so on phenomenon occurs

- The data being locked, re-connection becomes unable to do

After the maintenance ending when the above-mentioned trouble was verified, we request contribution from defect report form of the user report.

?!

DarK-SuN
May 24, 2004, 04:28 PM
Strange, I thought that you'd be able to keep playing but ONLY not be able to level past 20. o_O

YujiNaka
May 24, 2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks. Iso Buster worked great.

demonhill
May 24, 2004, 05:32 PM
can anyone help me i cant change my language to japanese on keyboard settings and dont know where to get the settings from ive looked on microsoft but dunno what to look for any help would be grateful thanks

astuarlen
May 24, 2004, 06:27 PM
*throws hands into the air* I give up. I can't seem to change my language settings no matter what I do. Under both Keyboard and Regional Settings, I have no option for Japanese at all, and the IME (which I uninstalled and reinstalled to be sure it installed correctly) only gives me the option of Japanese in IE, Word, and e-mail, not PSOBB. :/ I wanted to install Windows 2000 because that has language options on the CD, but we have 0 copies of any MS OS in our house. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif Has anyone at all gotten PSOBB to work properly on a machine running Windows ME?

Arislan
May 24, 2004, 07:01 PM
Updated FAQ with info on all the error messages people have gotten thusfar.

If I find out anything else to help Astuarlen, I:ll let you know. If it:s any consolation, none of the "hacker elite" that use ME can get on either.

Para
May 24, 2004, 07:04 PM
On 2004-05-24 14:28, DarK-SuN wrote:
Strange, I thought that you'd be able to keep playing but ONLY not be able to level past 20. o_O

Thats what I thought as well for trial... arislan any confirmations?

Arislan
May 24, 2004, 07:08 PM
Well, no confirmations on whether ST is keeping characters past Beta or not, that's the deciding factor.

If they do, the rule is in place so that you have to pay if you want to use that character (maybe account, they just say no play after 20, no explanation past that).

If not, well, you have no over 20 characters, so it really doesn't matter, you just won't be able to break 20 with any characters created with a Trial account.

Although, it would be darned fun to see how far and how fast we can do things limited to level 20. Get the best possible equipment at that level, Mat max out any stats we can, etc.

Tellax
May 24, 2004, 07:35 PM
On 2004-05-24 16:27, astuarlen wrote:
*throws hands into the air* I give up. I can't seem to change my language settings no matter what I do. Under both Keyboard and Regional Settings, I have no option for Japanese at all, and the IME (which I uninstalled and reinstalled to be sure it installed correctly) only gives me the option of Japanese in IE, Word, and e-mail, not PSOBB. :/ I wanted to install Windows 2000 because that has language options on the CD, but we have 0 copies of any MS OS in our house. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif Has anyone at all gotten PSOBB to work properly on a machine running Windows ME?

I am afraid we are all in the same boat when it comes to Windows ME, I've spoken to three other ME users this evening and all 3 have the same problems with the login part.

I've tried downloading every type of IME file from Windows 95 upto-and-including XP files in the small hope that they would allow us ME users to add a Japanese option to our regional settings but to no avail. However I'm sure that someone will manage a way to change some file or find out where the pass is kept eventally.

For now I guess we keep trying.

JDA
May 24, 2004, 07:50 PM
[ME Again]: Oddly enough, If I set my default input language to German (standard) with a British keyboard, I get the text on the login box without having to use Alt-shift, but I still can't type anything. I've managed to get Japanese selectable as a default input language through playing with the registry, but it's now failing as I've not got a JP codepage for DOS. I'll take another look at it tomorrow...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JDA on 2004-05-24 18:45 ]</font>

Para
May 24, 2004, 09:55 PM
On 2004-05-24 17:08, Arislan wrote:
Well, no confirmations on whether ST is keeping characters past Beta or not, that's the deciding factor.

If they do, the rule is in place so that you have to pay if you want to use that character (maybe account, they just say no play after 20, no explanation past that).

If not, well, you have no over 20 characters, so it really doesn't matter, you just won't be able to break 20 with any characters created with a Trial account.

Although, it would be darned fun to see how far and how fast we can do things limited to level 20. Get the best possible equipment at that level, Mat max out any stats we can, etc.

Or how far can you go with being only lvl 20 haha

cluw
May 25, 2004, 04:37 AM
On 2004-05-24 19:55, Nites wrote:

From what I've heard from other players (could be wrong), you wouldn't be able to get that great of equipment when hard mode is now level 30 and higher.

DarK-SuN
May 25, 2004, 07:24 AM
On 2004-05-24 19:55, Nites wrote:

On 2004-05-24 17:08, Arislan wrote:

Agreed with all of this. ^_^
I'd prefer the "no level past 20" than being forced to pay to keep playing, it also makes more sense to make it that way.
It'll be a nice challenge. ^_~

By the way, something which should be included in this FAQ thread is the PSOW official block, in case people missed previous posts about it.

Edit: I updated the Visual Guide to include some information about the Custom graphics setup option.
Also updated my comment about enabling V-Sync in PSOBB. Basically I now recommend it to remain OFF and NOT to enable it, because for some reason it makes PSOBB's framerate become rather inconsistent instead of making it more stable as it should.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2004-05-25 08:05 ]</font>

Para
May 25, 2004, 11:51 AM
Back on topic:
Anyone know what's my friend's problem??
Everytime she start up PSO BB, black screen then PSO BB closes on her.

DarK-SuN
May 25, 2004, 12:21 PM
Hmmmm... I'll say some possibilities, not sure which one could be it.

-Lack of DirectX9.
-Old graphics card (3DFX to name one).
-Some other program is interfering and causing PSOBB to "alt+tab" automaticly, thus making it crash; happenned to me in PSOPC before and once in PSOBB.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. o_O

rena-ko
May 25, 2004, 02:27 PM
hm

same problem with me:

windows 98SE, g-force 256 w/ 32 MB DD-RAM, 128 MB SD-RAM Memory, enough HDD space.
Direct X9.0b installed and running without complains,
IME installed and working for IE and word.

Standard dial up routine for DSL, firewall off for tries.

when i chose gamestart or straffroll, the game blinks into black screen, then collapses after several screenings of the mousecurser.

whats the issue, lack of RAM?
actually without switching to win2k, more RAM doesnt really do anything.

Arislan
May 25, 2004, 03:26 PM
Added requested answers to the FAQ, check the "game crashes on game start" question for more possible answers to why the game crashes out on game start.

gallaugher
May 25, 2004, 04:22 PM
On 2004-05-25 05:24, DarK-SuN wrote:

By the way, something which should be included in this FAQ thread is the PSOW official block, in case people missed previous posts about it.

What is the official PSOW block?

DarK-SuN
May 25, 2004, 04:55 PM
Last time I checked, it was Leo Block 3 (optional Lobby 5, but it's always empty so I guess everyone sticks to Lobby 1).

RFB
May 25, 2004, 05:11 PM
Yeah, mainly lobby one, Iエve already seen some PSOWers around there, and always that I go to lobby 5, itエs empty

Rainbowlemon
May 25, 2004, 05:28 PM
Could anyone tell me why, when I try to use my shortcut keys, the typing box thing appears instead of the action occuring? It's really bugging me, because I can't use any of the things shortcutted...any help would be nice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ~ Antimony

RFB
May 25, 2004, 06:04 PM
You mean, the 10 new shortcut actions? They work for me, just make sure Block Num is off, and that the weird auto-walking option is off too.

JDA
May 25, 2004, 06:16 PM
Right, I*m definitely winning here )I think - I know have Japanese as the only language installed, and therefore the default. I:ve got a JP keyboard driver loaded ) hence the odd punctuation, and running PSOBB now gives me the text with the "A" on the left as soon as I go into the name entry box. Still can:t type though. There must be more...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JDA on 2004-05-25 16:16 ]</font>

Zaneatron
May 25, 2004, 06:22 PM
All these problems are scaring me :S i hope mine goes smoothly...as if http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VioletSkye
May 25, 2004, 06:51 PM
On 2004-05-25 16:16, JDA wrote:
Right, I*m definitely winning here )I think - I know have Japanese as the only language installed, and therefore the default. I:ve got a JP keyboard driver loaded ) hence the odd punctuation, and running PSOBB now gives me the text with the "A" on the left as soon as I go into the name entry box. Still can:t type though. There must be more...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JDA on 2004-05-25 16:16 ]</font>

you want the default language set to Japanese Microsoft IME Standard. Thats different than simply having it set to Japanese.

Arislan
May 25, 2004, 07:34 PM
Yeah, but with ME apparently (despite what I've read on Websites) Japanese isn't an option for default IME selection. Go figure...

VioletSkye
May 25, 2004, 07:51 PM
Is that even after they have installed the Asian language files? ME is an abomination lol.

Arislan
May 25, 2004, 07:53 PM
Yep, despite installing the language files, apparently Japanese doesn't pop up in the available options. Which is especially odd considering 95 and 98 both work perfectly in this regard.

And agreed, ME is by fr the worst program MS ever put out, besides maybe Bob.

VioletSkye
May 25, 2004, 08:03 PM
There is a registry setting that controls default language so I can poke around and see if I can find it. It will require people to makes changes to their registry though, so make sure you back it up first before editting anything http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VioletSkye
May 25, 2004, 08:27 PM
Although it only lists 95, 98 and NT, it is still listed under Windows ME in the downloads section. Try installing Microsoft Global IME (Input Method Editor) 5.02 and see if that fixes it.

GO HERE (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=803a623e-c311-4591-a593-b0e24a6f38e8&DisplayLang=en)

JDA
May 25, 2004, 08:35 PM
Got it already - it refuses to let you select Japanese as the default even after installation since Japanese isn't assigned a country code in the registry when the IME is installed (and therefore doesn't show in the 'Add language' lists etc. either). The only way around this seems to be by adding the required details to the registry manually, which at least makes Japanese selectable, but when the choice is confirmed it complains about the Windows code page; cue more registry editing. I've now successfully set the JP codepage (932) as the default, and sure enough that's now my default (and only) installed language; it let me remove English, which is a good sign, since it's never allowed that before now, or has reinstalled it on reboot. Still can't type in that box though - I take it it wants double-width Romaji, since the usernames are in Romaji, and English input would be single-width Romaji even without the IME (and should therefore work)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JDA on 2004-05-25 18:36 ]</font>

VioletSkye
May 25, 2004, 08:40 PM
In case someone else wants to try, you can change your country settings in the registry by opening the
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/control/Nis/Locale" and changing the code. The UK one is 00000809; USA is 00000409, and for Japan it is 00000411.

Right above Locale is Language. Set default to 411 (Japanese)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-05-25 19:26 ]</font>

Zaneatron
May 25, 2004, 09:17 PM
w00t got the thing downloaded finally, not a record breaking time, but reasonable none the less.

ill have to return to this tomorrow, gone 3 am here :S

was the client thing just to get the download, cause im a bit confused about that whole thing, although it only seemed to start working after i had downloaded it.

isnt this all so much fun.... http://www.card-revolution.com/images/zane/allwacko.gif

Arislan
May 25, 2004, 10:15 PM
The bittorrent client? Yeah, that was just for the download. If you're not planning on using BT after that, go ahead and uninstall it, its unneccesary.

Para
May 26, 2004, 12:13 AM
So whys server down again?

Arislan
May 26, 2004, 01:01 AM
Dunno, some kind of emergency maintenance.

Wonder if it could be because of a certain site's recent activities? Hoping so anyway.

RFB
May 26, 2004, 03:23 AM
I think itエs the normal daily maintenance.. someone said in another post that the daily one was between 10:00 AM and 13:00 PM, that means between 02:00 AM and 05:00 AM where I live, Spain.

So, to all you who live in the states, canada, or around there, I think the server maintenance is at night for you. You had a bad luck this time with the hours...

Peril
May 26, 2004, 03:39 AM
* Temporary urgent maintenance information (2004/05/26 13: 45)

2004 May 26th (water) 14: From 00, temporary urgent maintenance of the game server is done.

During maintenance job when it does, it is not forced is not cut off connection from the server, there is a possibility the game data not being just retained.
Until there is maintenance end notification, please do not connect to the game server.
Furthermore, maintenance finish time is undecided.

It does to put annoyance to on only the participant very much, but understanding we ask cooperation may.

Thats what psobb.jp says about the matter. Seems like non-regular maintenance to me.

RFB
May 26, 2004, 03:52 AM
Well, even better if it is an emergency one. They will probably fix some issues...
However I have taken a look to a map with the hours for all the world and seen this:
JP Daily server maintenance: 10:00 AM to 13:00 PM
GMT Daily server maintenance: 01:00 AM to 04:00 AM
West Coast server maintenance: 20:00 PM to 01:00 AM
East Coast server maintenance: 17:00 PM to 20:00 PM

This is all based on that other post that said the JP time for daily maintenance was 10:00 AM to 13:00 PM.

Can someone in those areas say if thats right? I think the GMT is ok because of personal experience, but still, If people can say if the hours are those, I would appreciate it. We could avoid many "Why are the servers closed?" posts.

Rainbowlemon
May 26, 2004, 04:02 AM
Well it's 10am in GMT, and the servers are still down, so...

It says emergency server maintenance anyway, so they must be doing a few bug fixes and the like.

DarK-SuN
May 26, 2004, 07:56 AM
On 2004-05-25 23:01, Arislan wrote:
Dunno, some kind of emergency maintenance.

Wonder if it could be because of a certain site's recent activities? Hoping so anyway.

I'm not surprised if that's the case.
They've been finding out more than they should already.
Seems like they love to ruin PSO, god knows why.

gallaugher
May 26, 2004, 09:28 AM
Is anyone having difficulty creating a character name with numbers in it? When I type numbers I get a blue background around the number & when I click enter it clears the number. I'm using Win2k with Japanese IME installed. Maybe I don't have the language settings 100% correct? Everything else works.

Spliffman
May 26, 2004, 09:33 AM
mate how do you get to the char select screen? I have done everything i needed to do so far, input id and pass etc, then had to download some data files, but now when i pick the top option (which i presume is to play) the screen goes black, and i have to switch off my pc.

I know it's not my graphics card, and even with my norton firewall switched off the same thing happens. I am real close to deleting this hard-to-work-out-bastard-game, unless someone holds the key to my plight.

cheers, peace

DarK-SuN
May 26, 2004, 10:01 AM
Even if you have your firewall disabled it still leaves something resident in memory, meaning you'll really have to unlock PSOBB in the firewall, not disabling it.
I say this because I had the EXACT same problem till I made ZoneAlarm (firewall) to allow PSOBB to ALWAYS connect to the internet and work as a server.

EJ
May 26, 2004, 04:49 PM
Is the server under maintenance for BB?

RFB
May 26, 2004, 05:53 PM
I have been playing normally, at least till now. No messages about a maintenance or anything at all.. are you sure you have everything set to connect? no firewall or router messing with your connection?

Mixfortune
May 26, 2004, 05:55 PM
On 2004-05-25 13:26, Arislan wrote:
Added requested answers to the FAQ, check the "game crashes on game start" question for more possible answers to why the game crashes out on game start.

I'm sorry. I read through looking for it but I couldn't find the section you are talking about. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
My brother is having this problem on his computer, even though it worked fine on mine.

EJ
May 26, 2004, 07:20 PM
i finally got on ^_^

Arislan
May 26, 2004, 08:18 PM
Mix, check 2.5 I put in my Login/Pass and selected the top option to play, but the game crashes to the desktop. Why?

That may be able to help.

EJ
May 26, 2004, 11:50 PM
I don't know if this count as support but I need someone to help me with 1-2 there too many hildebear for my fomar to handle alone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Nai_Calus
May 27, 2004, 01:57 AM
I have a problem I don't want fixed.

...Yeah. >_>;

Hmm. Well. I first really noticed it in the Mines quests. There'd be trap poles that would pop up and such, but wouldn't do anything. Next I realized that I hadn't seen a single dark room... Even though there were dark rooms, with light switches. And today I was in a poisoned room in Ruins with absolutely no effect. I saw the HUmar with me draining, he saw me draining, but no purple fog and I didn't lose HP on my screen.

What the hell?

I want to know why, heh. Don't really want it 'fixed', though, makes it easy for me. XP

RFB
May 27, 2004, 02:06 AM
I dont know about the poison fog thingy, but I remember that at old PSOPC, dark rooms didnt affect me, and now they do, so my guess is, it's because old graphic drivers.

Nai_Calus
May 27, 2004, 02:10 AM
On 2004-05-27 00:06, RFB wrote:
I dont know about the poison fog thingy, but I remember that at old PSOPC, dark rooms didnt affect me, and now they do, so my guess is, it's because old graphic drivers.

...The computer is less than a year old. ^_^; It's a 2.8GHz PIV with 512MB of RAM and a GeForceFX 5200. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;; It can't have that old of video drivers. ^_^;

Rainbowlemon
May 27, 2004, 02:21 AM
On 2004-05-26 23:57, Ian-KunX wrote:
Hmm. Well. I first really noticed it in the Mines quests. There'd be trap poles that would pop up and such, but wouldn't do anything.

Yup, I've experienced that as well. No idea why it occurs, but I like it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

RFB
May 27, 2004, 02:22 AM
On 2004-05-27 00:10, Ian-KunX wrote:
It can't have that old of video drivers. ^_^;

Enough old. I got my GeForce FX 5200 around last Xmas,and the drivers were old enough to do that.

demonhill
May 27, 2004, 11:31 AM
ok im still having problems typing my id into pso bb i have windows 98 and i have the eastern asia ime but i connot press tab out of program because it crahses the game if i could install windows xp would i b able to solve this problem by changing my default language as it says in the guide as windows 98 hasnt got japanese in the language choices. any help appreciated thanks.

Arislan
May 27, 2004, 11:47 AM
Apparently you didn't read the guide well enough. 2.2 has the information you'd be looking for.

demonhill
May 27, 2004, 12:13 PM
there isnt that option in the language tab thats part of my problem and i d/l japanese pack with language still not workin
and i have d/l ime japanese with language pack file is called jamando.exe or similar and i have d/l imejpn.exe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: demonhill on 2004-05-27 10:51 ]</font>

Arislan
May 27, 2004, 01:09 PM
Well, I don't have Windows 98 around to test with, but in researching the problem, I saw several screenshots of the keyboard control panel with exactly that pulldown in it, with the JP language installed, ostensably after following the preceding steps outlined in the FAQ. If the pulldown doesn't exist for you, well, I don't know what to say... It should.

demonhill
May 27, 2004, 02:32 PM
ok ill start from the top write click EN says properties and what's this? click properties then opens language box with installed keyboard and layouts selection box and with English Britain in it thats it and ADD and Propeties options underneath neither have anything in to do with IME or JP. Any help? Just so desperate to play this kool game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Arislan
May 27, 2004, 02:37 PM
That's 2.1, for XP/2000... 2.2 covers your situation... Repasted here, is that section.

Alright, so the alt+shift thing didn't work. So, we'll set JP to the default language.

1) Go to Keyboard in Control Panel
2) Go to the Language Tab
3) Click Change
4) In the aptly named Select one of the installed input languages to use when you start your computer list, select the Japanese IME
5) Restart the computer, and try now.

See if that works.

demonhill
May 27, 2004, 03:15 PM
nope brings up the same thing as i described before there is no change option

Ryna
May 27, 2004, 03:18 PM
The problem with Windows 98 is that you have to edit the registry to make Japanese selectable in the language tab. When you try to make it the default setting, you get a "code page" error message. I haven't quite figured out how to edit the code pages in the registry yet.

Arislan
May 27, 2004, 03:20 PM
Again, very odd, a couple different sites show different screens of that option existing with Japanese available. Makes me wish I had a Win98 box to test. Not sure what else you can do from that point, other than poking around and hoping for the best. Apparently Asiansuite provides functionality like XP's IME, so you may try that. Do a Google search, they may have a Trial available for it.

Mixfortune
May 27, 2004, 03:55 PM
On 2004-05-26 18:18, Arislan wrote:
Mix, check 2.5 I put in my Login/Pass and selected the top option to play, but the game crashes to the desktop. Why?

That may be able to help.

Ah, as I was reading that I thought it referred to getting kicked out after putting the password, which in fact may not be the only case. My brother's computer seems to never actually get to the main menu, but instead kicks out after the initial menu (the one that isn't fullscreen).

I assume now that this may be an issue with meeting minimum system requirements, but as far as I knew my brother's computer far surpassed my own in basically everything. There is probably one or two things that don't match the requirements, or there is an incompatibility issue with something in my brother's computer. I'll take a look.

Atax
May 27, 2004, 08:40 PM
Anyone know what the error 903 means? Keep getting it while trying to connect.

Arislan
May 27, 2004, 08:47 PM
::points to FAQ, section 2.7::

903- Lost connection to server, server is under maintenance. For whatever reason, you lost connection to the server, but you were able to connect to it for a moment. Probably that the server is in fact under maintenance, and booted you.

Server is under maintenance from 10:00 to 13:00 JST daily. Its possible to connect during this time, but different servers and the like are fluctuating in their connectivity, so you will likely be getting that error often during the normal maintenance times.

Atax
May 27, 2004, 08:53 PM
Ahh rightyo, tah. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Was affraid I had screwed up my port mapping. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JDA
May 28, 2004, 05:15 AM
Well, I'm sick of messing about with ME, and my PC's been in need of an upgrade for ages, so XP and a load of PC bits are on their way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just one question (to anyone with a similar setup) - will this lot allow me to max the settings without getting slowdown?
Athlon XP 2600+
768MB PC133 RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
Also a quick FYI for others considering upgrades - 100FSB KT133 chipset boards WILL take Athlon XP CPUs designed for higher FSBs. That Athlon XP shows up on my KT7 as a 2000 Mhz, which is only a little below 'design' speed of 2133 Mhz - clocked the FSB up by 7 and I get 2140 - not bad for a board that allegedly only takes up to 1.4 Ghz.

BrokenHope
May 28, 2004, 08:10 AM
On 2004-05-28 03:15, JDA wrote:
Well, I'm sick of messing about with ME, and my PC's been in need of an upgrade for ages, so XP and a load of PC bits are on their way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just one question (to anyone with a similar setup) - will this lot allow me to max the settings without getting slowdown?
Athlon XP 2600+
768MB PC133 RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
Also a quick FYI for others considering upgrades - 100FSB KT133 chipset boards WILL take Athlon XP CPUs designed for higher FSBs. That Athlon XP shows up on my KT7 as a 2000 Mhz, which is only a little below 'design' speed of 2133 Mhz - clocked the FSB up by 7 and I get 2140 - not bad for a board that allegedly only takes up to 1.4 Ghz.

You'll be able to max things out but the PC133 SDRAM might bottleneck your system a bit.

cluw
May 28, 2004, 08:28 AM
Unsure if this question should go into this topic, or a different blue burst related one.. But here goes.
Whenever I try to make a game on hard, I'm getting this error. I'm level 30, so as far as I know, I meet the requirements.
http://www.geocities.com/sumdumd00d/harderror.txt

Could that be translated, or could someone else that was having problems making a game on hard share what they know?

RFB
May 28, 2004, 09:09 AM
lvl 30 and doesnt allow you? well, I dont know, but the only thing that I can think of is... have you beaten the game in normal mode? I mean, the goverment quests, of at least one of both episodes? Perhaps you have to in order to advance to the next difficulty.

Its the only thing that I can think of right now...

Cheeky
May 28, 2004, 10:33 AM
On 2004-05-28 06:28, cluw wrote:
Unsure if this question should go into this topic, or a different blue burst related one.. But here goes.
Whenever I try to make a game on hard, I'm getting this error. I'm level 30, so as far as I know, I meet the requirements.
http://www.geocities.com/sumdumd00d/harderror.txt

Could that be translated, or could someone else that was having problems making a game on hard share what they know?

Sounds like you have to play and complete all the quests to unlock hard mode >_<

demonhill
May 28, 2004, 12:51 PM
ok i can change to jp while in pso but it comes out the game and exits pso does anyone know why this happens and how i can sort it?

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 01:11 PM
As for the screenshot, it's saying that you have to have completed all quests to enter Hard Mode for that version. So beat all Ep 1 quests to go to Hard for Ep 1, and all Ep 2 quests to go to Hard for Ep 2.

For getting kicked to the desktop on changing to JP, what are you doing to change the language to JP setting?

Zaneatron
May 28, 2004, 01:18 PM
Can anyone help me, preferably someone in the UK, cause we have the UK keyboard setting as well.

How did you guys install your Japanese IME, when i tick the install Eastern Asain Languages, then apply, it requires a file off the Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM. the file is msmincho.ttc and when this pop-up comes up, its looking in this directory for whatever this is: C:WINDOWSi386lang

Ive put what i believe to be the correct Disc in my CD-ROM drive, it says Windows XP Home Edition on it, and is a shiny reflective brown. I do have other discs though, but some are for the PC downstairs...

Arislan found me a download for a Japanese IME thing, but it hardly seems to have done anything. I now have japanese input availabe to me on my keyboard settings from the languages tab, but making it my default one doesnt seem to work :S

If you can tell me what you did and how you did it, and i can get this dam thign to work, i'll be very happy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Para
May 28, 2004, 01:21 PM
Is your default language and default input japanese?

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 01:32 PM
Thats the problem, he cant get that far. The Install East Asian files makes him put in the XP CD, and th XP CD he has doesnt seem to have the files he's looking for. Tried a workaround, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Para
May 28, 2004, 03:31 PM
Is there a dressing room option?

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 05:39 PM
Not sure about a dressing room. The files are there for it, but 10K meseta doesn't open it. It oculd be 100K like the DC V2 days, or else it may just not be available yet.

If anyone has any trouble at all reading any of the items in the game, check out the new addition to the FAQ, 3.7 Umm, I can't read anything. How do I know what menu options and items are what?

Should help a few of you.

Para
May 28, 2004, 06:01 PM
im attempting to collect as much meseta as possible to see if i can unlock dressing room.

other than that... im also hunting hard mode love rappies for a surpressed gun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-05-28 16:01 ]</font>

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 06:08 PM
::checks his drops::
Wow... A Victor Axe for me from the Rappy Room of Doom in 5-3. Ahh well, maybe I should level my Oran so I can go for a Sting Tip. At least that's a slightly useful Force weapon.

DarK-SuN
May 28, 2004, 06:14 PM
Arislan, are you sure the fourth slider bar is the draw distance?
The only one which changes draw distance is the third one for me. o_O
At least reducing it a notch does affect draw distance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2004-05-28 16:16 ]</font>

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 06:23 PM
According to the direct Japanese translation, that 4th slider is Clipping Distance. According to the FAQ on Sega's site, Clipping Distance is the same as what we normally call Draw Distance. The 3rd slider is for "Other Textures". It theoretically should be texture quality and size for wall textures, lighting and the like, but I suppose that could indirectly have an effect on draw distance as well.

DarK-SuN
May 28, 2004, 06:32 PM
That makes some sense.
At the minimum setting, the third slider makes no change whatsoever in the actual Texture quality (the area textures and character textures), although the "texture size" could make sense as to why things seem to "clip" closer, since the textures aren't drawn as far thus causing the polygons not to be displayed.

I just tried setting the fourth slider to minimum and I see no noticeable diference from maximum. o_O
Setting both to medium, however, had a noticeable diference when compared with having just one of them in minimum.

It seems both are connected no matter what.

One option which came in handy is knowing there's the "auto-frameskip" option!
Thanks for that one, surely it'll come in handy in CCA as well since things won't slowdown, just get choppier. ^_^

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 06:38 PM
Not a problem, need anything else translated, just let me know!

PrinceBrightstar
May 28, 2004, 06:47 PM
Ok guys, for those of you who still can't figure out how to get the JP IME installed, I've videoed the whole process along with a narrative voice

uhaweb.hartford.edu/jfields/JPinstall.avi

Oh, divx codec required.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-05-28 16:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-05-28 16:49 ]</font>

MakoSOLDIER
May 28, 2004, 07:01 PM
I'm confused about how to un-rar my rar torrent file. Could someone help me (either winzip or winrar)? Thanks.

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 07:05 PM
Install one program or the other. Winrar is probably easier, just right click and tell it to extract. With Winzip, double click the file, and either follow the wizard if you are in wizard mode, or click the extract button in Classic mode. That's about it, you'll end up with a CDI file, while, as stated in the FAQ, is either burned (as an image, not a file) or mounted and ran using Daemon Tools.

MakoSOLDIER
May 28, 2004, 08:04 PM
On 2004-05-28 17:05, Arislan wrote:
Install one program or the other. Winrar is probably easier, just right click and tell it to extract. With Winzip, double click the file, and either follow the wizard if you are in wizard mode, or click the extract button in Classic mode. That's about it, you'll end up with a CDI file, while, as stated in the FAQ, is either burned (as an image, not a file) or mounted and ran using Daemon Tools.

No offense, but that only confused me more. I just have a bunch of arcives and zips now...no cdi files.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 08:59 PM
Ok, Go grab Winrar.
Install it with the most common options.
Now, you've got Winrar installed, with this file called psov1.6.rar sitting somewhere on your computer.
Right click that file
You'll see an option called Extract Here.
Clicking that will make a .cdi file pop out of the rar.
Follow the other istructions from there.

MakoSOLDIER
May 28, 2004, 10:20 PM
On 2004-05-28 18:59, Arislan wrote:
Ok, Go grab Winrar.
Install it with the most common options.
Now, you've got Winrar installed, with this file called psov1.6.rar sitting somewhere on your computer.
Right click that file
You'll see an option called Extract Here.
Clicking that will make a .cdi file pop out of the rar.
Follow the other istructions from there.

Extract here brings up an error saying arcive not found.

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 10:28 PM
Are you sure the torrent is complete then? Try acting as if you were going to download the client again, and see what happens, put it in the same place the current rar is. I'm going to take a guess and say that it was incomplete, and you need more downloading.

T'will be must easier come the 1st when we can download straight from Sega...

PJ
May 29, 2004, 05:09 PM
On 2004-05-28 20:28, Arislan wrote:
T'will be must easier come the 1st when we can download straight from Sega...

You mean like... it'll all be in one file, no cdi file thing or torrent such? I'm about half way through THIS way of downloading it... frazam.

demonhill
May 30, 2004, 05:00 PM
ok im in the ID section and i press alt+shift and lil japanese sign with an A in it comes up but still cannot write my ID any ideas?

RFB
May 30, 2004, 06:05 PM
o_O creepy... if the A symbol comes out, you should be able to write! hmmm *Starts thinking...*
*Keeps thinking...*
*Is still thinking...*
*Cant think of anything...*
*Gets bored and goes play PSOBB...*

Dunno man, try setting the JP IME as the default Keyboard, that way itエs supposed to be set to be able to write always in the game (In what language, is something different...)

demonhill
May 30, 2004, 06:47 PM
yea i want to do that but i cant find it in my keyboard settings is it under japanese? ime? what?

JDA
May 30, 2004, 07:33 PM
Damn Bank Holiday - no Radeon until Wednesday now, and my Voodoo 5 won't run the damn thing even with XP. Soon, soon...

BrokenHope
May 31, 2004, 04:58 AM
On 2004-05-28 17:05, Arislan wrote:

There's a much easier way of getting the setup file from the CDI file, just install ISO Buster then just open the CDI file in that then just drag the setup file from the ISO Buster window to your desktop, then just install it.

Para
May 31, 2004, 07:10 AM
Im still getting mixed replies on the end date of the beta... it is july 15th right? and level 20 cap for trial and nothing more?

demonhill
May 31, 2004, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone
Ok ill get to the point you've probaly seen my old posts that i cant get online i can get the japanese sign (with A at the end) to come up when i go to type in my ID and password but still nothing happening and cannot set jp to default language, please can anyone help ive been trying to sort this for over a week and i just wanna get online and play with you guyz pso rocks and i would love to play it on my pc. i want help. come on guyz someone must be able to help me. i could almost breakdown in frustration i just wanna kill all them rappies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2004, 01:47 PM
Can someone tell me where exactly the option for setting the default is, anyway? As far as I can tell, it doesn't exist in XP Home. I had to add Japanese, delete English entirely, log off and back on so Windows wouldn't bitch about it at me, and then I finally got it to work, but clearly there has to be an easier way. >_>;

Though, if anyone else on XP Home(Dunno if Pro is different) is having trouble and just can't resolve it... Eh, try that and then muck with the settings on it until it works. It worked for me. >_>;

Para
May 31, 2004, 01:55 PM
Shouldnt it be... Control Panel - > Regional and Language Options - > Languages - > Details - > Japanese - Microsoft IME Standard ?

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2004, 02:02 PM
On 2004-05-31 11:55, Nites wrote:
Shouldnt it be... Control Panel - > Regional and Language Options - > Languages - > Details - > Japanese - Microsoft IME Standard ?

Yep, but there isn't any option whatsoever that I can find to set anything as the default language, and I've looked at everything in there. *shrug* It's a little brute force, but what I wound up doing works nicely enough. I actually type in JP more often than one would think, so it works for me anyway. Just leave it on direct or half-width romanji input. *shrug* Doesn't seem to affect my mom's account either, so meh.

RFB
May 31, 2004, 02:32 PM

after that, http://www.iespana.es/AlmacenParaMi/Predeterminado.JPG The red marked option is where you set the defaut language. I'm on WinXP Pro, so there shouldnt be much difference.

RFB
May 31, 2004, 02:34 PM
On 2004-05-31 12:32, RFB wrote:
[quote]

after that,
http://www.iespana.es/AlmacenParaMi/Predeterminado.JPG The red marked option is where you set the defaut language. I am on WinXP Pro, so there shouldnt be much difference.

Edit: ARGH!! I hit "quote" instead of "edit" X_X sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RFB on 2004-05-31 12:35 ]</font>

Arislan
May 31, 2004, 02:48 PM
Updated the section on where to get the client to relect the official Sega download. Much easier.

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2004, 03:37 PM
I tried that, but it must have hated me, because it didn't work. *shrug*

Arislan
May 31, 2004, 03:44 PM
When you change defaults, press ok then immediately restart the computer. Otherwise, Windows likes changing it back to its previous setting.

Dyras
May 31, 2004, 06:13 PM
Question: I've downloaded and registered, but when I go into the game, it won't let me input my name and password. It shows the text input block, but I can't type anything.

answers?

Dyras
May 31, 2004, 07:37 PM
I hate to bump, but any ideas?

RFB
Jun 1, 2004, 12:57 AM
Idea: Do you have installed Japanese-Microsoft IME Standard 2002 language?
Idea: If so, do you have it as default language?
Idea: Are you on Win2000/XP pr Win98/ME? If youエre on Win98/ME, youエre in trouble.

NeoLon
Jun 1, 2004, 03:55 PM
Ok, I've got my username and password and i downloaded the game. So i clicked the icon and this appearedhttp://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v24/NeoLon/helpme.jpgwhat do i do now?

Arislan
Jun 1, 2004, 07:09 PM
From top
Game Start
Official Site
Options
Staff Roll
Cancel

You could always click and see what happens. It wouldnt kill your computer.

Zinger314
Jun 1, 2004, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know how to play the .pac files in the BGM folder?

Arislan
Jun 1, 2004, 07:34 PM
No, they don't conform to any file format that I've ever seen, nor have I been able to research anything on it. Likely proprietary. Of course, the .ogg files work just fine, and are actually what the game uses to play the music ingame. So, not sure at all what the pacs are. Maybe just holdovers from previous coding.

NeoLon
Jun 1, 2004, 08:43 PM
On 2004-06-01 17:09, Arislan wrote:
From top
Game Start
Official Site
Options
Staff Roll
Cancel

You could always click and see what happens. It wouldnt kill your computer.

ummm...I clicked the top one and my compueter made clicky noises and nothing happend http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Arislan
Jun 1, 2004, 09:03 PM
"Clicky noises"?
Not very descriptive.
Did the screen go black then go back to the desktop? Did the Hard Drive sound like it was working, then do nothing?
Try checking to see if you have the newest available video drivers, and have Direct X 9.0b. Lack of either could definitely be the problem. Also, make sure you are not in 800x600 and 32 bit color, Windows seems to generally dislike that setting for DX and OpenGL type applications.

Zinger314
Jun 1, 2004, 09:25 PM
On 2004-06-01 17:34, Arislan wrote:
No, they don't conform to any file format that I've ever seen, nor have I been able to research anything on it. Likely proprietary. Of course, the .ogg files work just fine, and are actually what the game uses to play the music ingame. So, not sure at all what the pacs are. Maybe just holdovers from previous coding.

On a related note..what kind of Media Player can play the .ogg files?!

Arislan
Jun 1, 2004, 09:47 PM
Grab winamp, plays em just fine, as long as you grab the version that has ogg support (actually, think thats any but Lite now). Sure there are other players out there, but Winamp does it all anyway, and uses less system resources to boot.

MonoxideChild
Jun 1, 2004, 10:43 PM
I've been trying to switch to Japanese IME Standard as the Input language, but each time I keep selecting apply and okay it goes back to English and I can't input my username and password.

MonoxideChild
Jun 1, 2004, 10:46 PM
Ahh, I see. Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Arislan
Jun 1, 2004, 10:46 PM
Set the default, press ok, and restart immediately. Windows will change it back if you so much as hop into another program before restarting.

MonoxideChild
Jun 1, 2004, 10:57 PM
Tried it, didn't work. I think it's because I tried to do a work-around instead of going the windows route for installing eastern language text.

I tried using my Windwows XP disk that it asked for, but everytime I try it can't find what it needs.

Arislan
Jun 1, 2004, 11:11 PM
Same thing happened to Zane. And yeah, he had the same problem in that case. Try installing the Office XP version of the IME, then trying to install the Asian support. That way, when it asks for files, you can jsut tell them to look in the directory it should be in... Like windows/fonts or windows/system32 andso forth. Worth a shot anyway, and you can always uninstall later.

MonoxideChild
Jun 2, 2004, 12:00 AM
I gave it a try, and it's missing files even though I've downloaded the IME files for Office XP.

Arislan
Jun 2, 2004, 12:14 AM
Not sure what to do then... I suppose you could always PM Zane and see what he did precisely.

AquaFlare7
Jun 2, 2004, 12:16 AM
find someone with vnc server running and they can do it for you most likely. I set up eclairs BB account that way.

DarK-SuN
Jun 2, 2004, 07:52 AM
Updated the custom graphics option section of my Visual Guide saying what the second slider really is, "enemy detail".

Like someone pointed out somewhere, the word is written in Katakana saying "enemi"; the word for shadow is "kage", but it's written in Hiragana and not Katakana.
I checked the Katakana of the second slider and indeed the person was right, so I updated my visual guide.
I tested by setting to both high and low and the enemies do have some polys less, just like in PSOPC if you set polygon detail to low.

Keito
Jun 2, 2004, 08:35 AM
I keep getting an error on the step with the adress, usernames and stuff.

http://xbox.legazy.com/images/error.gif

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

RFB
Jun 2, 2004, 08:49 AM
Looks like it means that there's something wrong with the first and third desired IDs you have inputed. What problem? No idea. Check their length, must be between 6 and 8 characters, and check if you've written any strange symbol in them.

Keito
Jun 2, 2004, 10:48 AM
That solved my problem, thanks RFB.

MonoxideChild
Jun 2, 2004, 12:05 PM
On 2004-06-01 22:14, Arislan wrote:
Not sure what to do then... I suppose you could always PM Zane and see what he did precisely.

Gave it a try. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon.

Zinger314
Jun 2, 2004, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know what the new patch fixes?

JDA
Jun 2, 2004, 04:18 PM
Hang on a minute - why is "Live & Learn" in amongst the .ogg files in the data folder? Is that disc 4 or 5 then? (I'll probably find the other one in a minute)

Edit: Seems "Open Your Heart" is here as well

Never mind all that though - finally I can get a clean copy of the CSSTL instrumental from "Seat of the Heart" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JDA on 2004-06-02 14:24 ]</font>

Zinger314
Jun 2, 2004, 04:22 PM
On 2004-06-02 14:18, JDA wrote:
Hang on a minute - why is "Live & Learn" in amongst the .ogg files in the data folder? Is that disc 4 or 5 then? (I'll probably find the other one in a minute)

I'm pretty sure it's one of them...

Atleast now we know all quests from the GC/Xbox version will be here...

ryuartyi
Jun 2, 2004, 05:07 PM
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WwDzAoQdiZzO*jGD9Te2vHcZ9dh7kcaQSCJfilbr7tojBgp!2 MgMLKdOiubcIfr0*HWRRMwuNf!DPYsqSCQSpbNKJx3gWoXJw26 YcVx*PEp80oi982QdTD*pZedaw8CL70FzICQ*dR4/untitledn.bmp?dc=4675474821642618732

What's this error?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ryuartyi on 2004-06-02 15:07 ]</font>

ramsfan1
Jun 2, 2004, 06:16 PM
Does Anybody know what a (No. 100) error is? I get this error constantly right when i'm playing and it kicks me back to the desktop.

JDA
Jun 2, 2004, 06:59 PM
100 would be "Line Disconnected" - I'm sure we've all seen that one plenty on the Cube/DC/Xbox http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryna
Jun 2, 2004, 09:32 PM
I was able to enter my login information and create my character. I'm able to log on to the servers, but whenever I reach a lobby, the only things I can do are type or bring up the F1-F12 menus. The first time I logged on, I was able to move around using the keyboard. After loading first quest and beaming down to the planet, I took a few shots and after that, everything I entered using my keyboard was treated as text that I want to type. How does one switch back to having the keyboard used for directional commands?

RFB
Jun 3, 2004, 05:34 AM
Press F11.
F11 turns on or off the obligation of pressing the space bar when you want to type. Thus, if you have it on, if you simply press the letters, the game will understand them as instructions for your character, and if you press space bar first, the game will understand them as chat.

Kent
Jun 3, 2004, 05:49 AM
Okay, I've got my ID and everything correctly set up, but after I start te game and hit either of the first two options (after putting in my ID and password) the game slows down and stops after a couple seconds, then reboots my computer.

Weird...

Cryo_
Jun 3, 2004, 07:55 AM
The same thing happens to me.
When I want to check the updates, my computer goes to the update-screen and then it reboots.

Dingo
Jun 3, 2004, 10:22 AM
I cannot type my ID and password to login/logon, I have downloaded the ime but I don)t seeem te be able to select japanese as a language in all of my keyboard settings while a JA icon does appear in my taskbar....maybe its my windows ME thats causing the trouble....anyone have this problem too....can someone help me...please http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

gallaugher
Jun 3, 2004, 11:23 AM
On 2004-06-03 05:55, Cryo_ wrote:
The same thing happens to me.
When I want to check the updates, my computer goes to the update-screen and then it reboots.

Try updating the driver for your network card first. If that doesn't work then try updating the driver for your video card.

Kent
Jun 3, 2004, 12:59 PM
My network and video card drivers are always kept up-to-date.

MonoxideChild
Jun 3, 2004, 04:18 PM
I PMed the guy, and alas no response was given back. I waited a good 2 days or so too.

MasterZeo
Jun 4, 2004, 01:22 AM
I plan on getting the best hardware for this game. A brand new system just for PSOBB. Yes, I love PSO series that much. I count the days till i can be with her yet again...

geewj
Jun 4, 2004, 02:21 AM
Hmm ok.

I've got my name and password ok.

Input them ok.

Download the patch ok.

Little blue thing is in the bottom right corner for about a second and I see the background...and that's all. It's not frozen because the background animation is still happening.

Am I not connecting and need to keep trying? Cause I don't even get an error message, just the background, and I've tried like 10 times.

RFB
Jun 4, 2004, 03:56 AM
Only thing I can think of is that, you either connected during a server maintenance, or you are behind a firewall/router that doesnt have the necesary ports opened.
Apart from that, no idea o_O.

Saffran
Jun 4, 2004, 06:38 AM
I could play yesterday on Pisces and all was ok, except one thing: I couldn't type in japanese.
I've been reading the options for about 2 hours now, but there's still no way to have a shortcut to hiragana mode. I created one and it STILL doesn't work.

The thing is, PSOBB runs in fullscreen mode - escaping from it to get to the taskbar and changing to hiragana is basically impossible. (I turn then to low res windows, and can't access the taskbar for languages, let alone turn back to PSOBB. And yes, I did install PSOBB at my normal desktop res, to no avail apparently)

Does anyone know the right shortcut?

Cryo_
Jun 4, 2004, 07:12 AM
Are they doing a server maintenance right now? Caus I keep getting error 908, and normally they should already have finished.
Are some of you playing right now?

Tantamucho
Jun 4, 2004, 02:25 PM
I'm getting the same error, yet two of my friends say they can connect fine. I don't know what's causing this problem; I've already tried reinstalling. -_-

Arislan
Jun 4, 2004, 02:51 PM
Server maintenance is from 10-13 every day, and yes, there was emergency maintenance going on when you posted.

As for an error that your friends dont have, care to elaborate?

Tantamucho
Jun 4, 2004, 02:55 PM
About 45 minutes ago, I tried to login to the servers and failed. My BB client only reaches the patcher screen, then seems to hang for a while until it finally gives error 908. Strangely enough, after this occurs, my internet quits working, forcing me to reset. All the while, two of my friends successfully logged in around the time I was trying.

Arislan
Jun 4, 2004, 03:09 PM
908 simply means you couldn't connect to the server. Hanging is a little odd, seems like the connection is partially establishing then timing out. Try updating your network card drivers, and then your display drivers. And check to make sure you have Direct X 9b. You'd be surprised at how many seemingly unrelated problems can be solved by updating your drivers.

Tantamucho
Jun 4, 2004, 03:16 PM
I appreciate your advice; it just perplexes me how the game could be working perfectly for a week, then break down after they do server maintenance. >_<

Cryo_
Jun 4, 2004, 03:21 PM
Tantamucho, ur having the same probs like me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.
When I wanna update or just start playing, my screen turns black. And after 5-10 sec the error 908 pops up. Guess we'll have to wait till 15th of July ... NOT http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Arislan
Jun 4, 2004, 03:37 PM
Ahh, so this is a post patch error. Well, thats odd. First I've heard of any errors. I'll mail ST on it and see if they have any advice, although, with a 400 character limit, going to be hard to explain what's been tried and not working. I'll give it a shot though.

Zinger314
Jun 4, 2004, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know how to Donate PB to a Photon Blast? I want some Twin love...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RFB
Jun 4, 2004, 04:43 PM
In the moment someone is casting the PB, press the chat button. 1 hit = 10PB donation. 2 hit = 20 PB donation. and 3 hits = 30PB donation. You cant donate more than that.
When they are CASTING the PB, if you do it when the PB is already occuring, that's too late.

Kent
Jun 4, 2004, 05:11 PM
...At least you guys are getting an error message...

Tantamucho
Jun 4, 2004, 09:38 PM
On 2004-06-04 15:11, Kent wrote:
...At least you guys are getting an error message...

You're not alone; I just realized that the messages have halted for me also. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ryuartyi
Jun 4, 2004, 09:42 PM
On BB, I'm on a different computer and when ever I try and install it, it won't letme pick a screen resolution and it's blank. Can anyone help?

RFB
Jun 5, 2004, 05:02 AM
blank? plain blank? probably again, the graphics card or DirectX9.0
Check that you meet the requirements and that you have installed DirectX9.0 and the latest drivers for your graphics card.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 5, 2004, 07:09 AM
i run BB on my tower for fun and on my laptop when capturing for PSM. I have no trouble running it on two computers (not at the same time mind you)

Maybe a file didn't get installed properly. try uninstalling and reinstalling. Or did you forget to turn on east asian language support?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-06-05 08:27 ]</font>

X_hunter403
Jun 5, 2004, 02:36 PM
I've noticed something strange since the last patch. It's nothing major but sometimes when I transport between an area and Pioneer 2 I get a delay (black screen) for a few seconds before showing the loading screen. Has it happened to anyone else??

Hooga
Jun 5, 2004, 05:47 PM
I've got the game working, figured out how to launch it, but what are the options on the menu? As in the one after press enter.

RFB
Jun 5, 2004, 06:01 PM
In the third page of threads of this same forum, there is a thread that seems to be totally unrelated to PSOBB, but in fact it isnt. Here:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=83215&forum=1&16

There you go. That thread could really use a bump.

Arislan
Jun 5, 2004, 06:26 PM
Added a new section to the FAQ, linking to that thread, and added a second, Sega server based download link as well, for those of you that thought the other link was too slow.

Hooga
Jun 5, 2004, 11:03 PM
Ok, I have another question:
I have a joystick I use to control the game. It works for everything but switching to the alternative attack commands (equivilant of R on the cube). I assign a joystick button to switching, but when I press the button, the "ctrl" lights up but no switch occurs. I have to use ctrl to switch.

Bug? In game or because of joystick?

Arislan
Jun 6, 2004, 12:09 AM
First Ive heard of it. Id say its your individual joystick. You can always see if there is a keybinding program available for your particular joystick and then bind that button to control, see how that works.

Para
Jun 6, 2004, 01:47 AM
Question about section ID drops, for online, the creator's section ID influences the drops until he/she leaves the game... then who influences the drops then? The next person who's been in the team the longest or what?

Arislan
Jun 6, 2004, 01:54 AM
Right, and the change occurs the next time the new leader pipes.

_Ted_
Jun 6, 2004, 02:29 AM
How long does it usually take to get your User password email? I've waited several hours, is that odd?

Arislan
Jun 6, 2004, 02:33 AM
Yeah, usually instant. But then, my friend tried registering several times, got nothing, then recieved 5 mails the next day. So wait 24, then try again if that doesn't work.

_Ted_
Jun 6, 2004, 03:42 AM
24 hours!? ACK!

I've already registered twice, so I'll see where it goes....