PDA

View Full Version : FO: help wanted

Xero_Silvera
May 23, 2004, 01:09 PM
Alright, as I'v said in the past.. I'm much more of a HU user than anything, followed up by RA. I just never liked forces (or in other games wizards, sorcs, the like.). The whole TP (mana or mp) thing is just unappealing to me.
But..
I think that I am going to try a FO as my main character this time around. My PSO data went corrupt.. and I was extremely mad so I kinda retired for 6 days.. but PSO has this "nicotine-grip" on me, and I can't deny the game.

Firstly, I'm offline solo for the most part, with the occasional friend or two in multi-mode.

I'm choosing one of these: FOmar, FOnewearl, FOnewm.

Section ID still undecided.. I'v checked over the drop charts from Heyf00l and I'v looked through the PSOW item database, still no decision.

Also was wondering about some of the Low-Med (1-35) lvld items that are suggested for FOs. Also for Med-Advanced (35-70) and Advanced through High (70+)

This definatley isn't going to be a melee force, lol.
Anyways, I'd just like some "general" help on forces, scince the maximum lvl I'v achieved with one was like 15.
All thanx,
-xero

Sitka
May 23, 2004, 01:22 PM
There are, of course, some awesome guides available comparing the various forces, advantages and disadvantages, etc. I gave a lot of time looking over the various suggestions, particularly those by Furri Baggi (sp?), and then developed a Fonewearl. I was not disappointed. I made her a Pinkal to get more high-level discs and fo weapons early, and it worked very well. Then I made the Fonewm and really enjoyed that one as well. I found the Fonewearl was a boss killer with her big bonuses to simple techs and using weapons like Hildebear's Head and Summit Moon. The Fonewm (Redria), on the other hand, was a nuker. 30% on gi's and ra's means total domination and mega-experience online. Some folks have done real well using Fonewm as semi-meeleers as well. My latest character was the Fomar in Yelloboze and I have him up to 94 now. He's a meelee-fomar, but not real good in ultimate yet. If you prefer a support role, the Fonewearl has some real advantages over the other two. I like all three and if you give them some time to develop, they can be alot of fun to use.

Steal
May 23, 2004, 01:25 PM
my FOnewm kicks ass when he melees i would choose them and as for the huge butt u get used to it lol and they become less ugly when u realize how good they r...btw in the begining FOs r a bitch to raise but they r well worth it. i would choose PINKAL PERPLENUM WHITILL for section id depends on if ur gonna need high disks i choose pinkal n it does my FO good

Xero_Silvera
May 23, 2004, 01:26 PM
Pinkal was proven to not have any more/less effect on disk drops then any other ID. But alas, lol. I'v looked over furribagis guides and other guides on different websites. I just want some direct input from people at the forums =P It's good to hear that your FOs are doing well.. Alot of people enjoy forces, so i figure theres gotta be somethin im missin!
-xero

PaleKid15
May 23, 2004, 01:38 PM
ID- Purplenum
Class- FOnewearl

piping p wand = lots of tp and regeneration

yas 9ks = penetrating megid / awesome foie

along with some FO goodies. You should probably have more than one char / ID so that they can help each other and exchange drops in multi.

Ketchup345
May 23, 2004, 02:32 PM
If you are going for non-melee, you can pretty much take out FOmar. His boosts are near useless:
S/D Range- it doesn't take long to say "Gather round for S/D"/"S/D Time"
Grants- Powerful skill, put takes a lot of TP, and many things have high light resist in Ultimate.
Gi techs- FOnewm has these, on top of Ra boosts.

Xero_Silvera
May 23, 2004, 02:36 PM
But he looks so cool! lol.. i think im going with FOnney / purplenum, thats what i had before anyways.
Now for any help reguarding the FO items??
-xero

iamfanboy
May 23, 2004, 02:44 PM
Well, one of the best early-on items would be a Hildebear's Cane. Stat bonuses to 4 areas and it looks just plain funny.

Er... you might not want to just START with a FO. It's easier when you've got a higher-level character finding a bunch of good tech disks and higher-level items.

Sitka
May 23, 2004, 02:44 PM
Ya, I made my Fomar for looks and style. I really wanted a jedi-type char. and that was as close as I could get. He's cool, but not exactly what I was hoping for. The Fonewearl, on the other hand, rocks!!! Any of the basic canes, fire, ice, lightening worked well for me until I got into very hard, and then I finally got my Hildebear's Head which I still use a lot. Free foie, foie boost (great on Falz final form), smash boxes without using up tp, pretty cool wep. At higher levels, I liked the twinkle star and the summit moon for magic and mind boosts. And with her, that's pretty much what I use for weapons. I wouldn't mind trying a Prophets of Motav, but I don't have one yet. Good 4-slot frame with God items/mind-SaTo/red merge and I like it that way. Don't know if that helps or not, but it works for me.

Vielka
May 23, 2004, 03:30 PM
my first character was a Purplenum FOnewearl.. I find that the drop rates for weapons are ok, but the drops for disks are excellent. As a purplenum, ive gotten a ton of rares, but mostly daggers,mechguns,swords.. The few canes ive gotten are pretty good. I highly suggest to go FOnewearl because they have an attack boost for the first set of techs, and at higher levels the tp regenerate quick. As for weapons, i reccommend the mace of adaman, and club of laconium.. Enjoy and hope this helps.