PDA

View Full Version : So what exactly is a mag farm?

Gynn_Rei
May 24, 2004, 02:06 PM
?

Ketchup345
May 24, 2004, 02:11 PM
Mag Farming is when you are raising a lot of Mags, most likely all at once.

You can either Mag Farm for your own characters, or for people online (for trading).

It is fairly easy as long as you know how to get the desired stats, and have enough Meseta (about 300k per level 200 Mag I think).

Ahya
May 24, 2004, 02:17 PM
when you start a mag farm you need money time and pateince i guess... because it takes a long time to get the mag to a certain level and the items it is feed hardly increases those stat bars

Gynn_Rei
May 24, 2004, 02:26 PM
When can you start calling yourself a farmer?

Ahya
May 24, 2004, 02:48 PM
I dont know.. I just make them.. probably when you have like 10 rare mags or something.. haha http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
I find it hard just to make one rare mag with stats i like!

Sitka
May 24, 2004, 02:58 PM
You heard about the farmer that was outstanding in his field, right? Anyway, when I'm going to raise a rare mag, like a specific type/color Sato, I like to give a ton of money (999,999) to a lower-level char. with the right id and color that I'm looking for and then give her 5-6 mags to raise. I'll gradually make my way through the various levels and quests, picking up any cool things that might drop and gaining levels as I diligently feed the mags every 3 mins. You have to pipe alot with that many mags unless you're really organized and you're raising multiple different statistics simultaneously. It's very easy to mess up (i.e. Def=6 - oh shit!). The guides on PSO World for raising specific mags are great. I don't think I'm smart enough to end up with the right PB blasts and stats on my own, so I use the guides of those before me. I also refer to Ketchup's guide when it comes to picking what type of mag I want to develop to maximize the potential of a specific mag for a specific char. To me, that's mag farming. When I'm done with my 5-6 black satos, or power/dex satos, or white mind satos or whatever, I go online, have some fun and inevitably trade or give some of these end-stage mags to friends.

Ahya
May 24, 2004, 05:07 PM
Cool. maybe if I go online maybe we can be friends and we can trade mags someday. haha http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
sounds kinda tough trainer 5/6 mags at once (and tough on the money) haha!!good luck on the mag farming.

digigram
May 25, 2004, 11:14 AM
I decided, after wanting to customize my RAcaseal, that I was going to use that character to be my farmer.

within 2 days of normal gaming (not obsessive), I had finished one 'rati' and while that was on its way, i started another one at the same time to make into something else, more or less a RA mag farm, because the rares that i'm making currently are for Skylys to make -> DEX(++)MIND(---)=POW(+++)DEF(+-) my rait is currently like lvl-120 with 'topofhead' stats like 13/57/50/0 I forget, xbox isn't on right now.

Fun stuff when you get the end result. making them is a pain in the ass, considering I didn't use the guides to do this one.. had to pretty much use SOL's and antidotes to get the balance i wanted. Since my char is an android, i didn't want ANY mind whatsoever. Which all of the guides seem to add for balance for some reason, disregarding the idea that 'some' people create android characters. This is the idea I think a lot of people in PSO tend to believe, also considering there aren't RUKMIN, PUSHAN etc etc guides.

oh well.. perhaps I'll retrace my steps and make a guide for the missing ones.