PDA

View Full Version : Stupid theives (happy ending tho)

SuperSubZero
Feb 20, 2001, 06:52 PM
I've heard good things about the players on the Japanese servers, so I bounced over there. Played for a while on V-Hard, and yeah, my Japanese isn't so good, but they didn't talk too much and basically blitzed thru most stages. After a while a player came in who's name had RiOT in it. I knew immediately it can't be a Japanese player, and when he started with "anyone have..." and didn't seeem to have a clue what the Japanese players were saying.. I knew it was gonna be trouble.

So we get to D.Falz. RiOT seems to be an average idiot, yelling at people for taking small amounts of money and items he is too slow to get (I mean ROOMS away and stuff). But at D.Falz he seems to be playing fairly, I mean he's dying every 2 seconds (as opposed to my 3 seconds) but he's pitching in with damage and reviving. Then.. WAM. Swipes a Varista off a player and drops. The Japanese player was furious. Of course we got clobbered by Falz.

So I go thru my stash, no Varistas. I really felt bad so I dropped my Dragon Slayer (that I can't use) at her feet. In return I got a replacement for my lost gun (a better one actually), and a bunch of items I couldn't use but had good value at the shops. More than the Dragon Slayer, that's for sure.

In the end we went back and actually beat Falz (not me really, I got a shot or two in between insta-deaths and was dead at the end so no XP). I found a Varista in a box and I gave it to that player.

I can see how the Japanese players must feel playing on US servers. The language barrier is bad enough (and the word select thing is clunky). But compared to them, we have ALOT of bad apples on the servers. Now they gotta deal with our bad apples going over to THEIR servers. Oy!

-SSZ

ragnarok
Feb 20, 2001, 07:42 PM
Thats an interesting story there, really. Anyway to say, the Japenese people are really nice people when you play with them over PSO. Youre right they dont talk to much. But they do help out alot.

Pilferr
Feb 20, 2001, 08:13 PM
I agree, frankly i'm disgusted at most american players when I play pso, and as a result usually play in passworded games with friends i've known for awhile before pso came out. Usually in the lobbys its a bunch of kids that think thier "cool" "L33t" or whatever that get thier kicks off of the various ways they can say F U CK with rooms like ASS_LICKING or what have you. Sorry but, grow the hell up. While its hard to speak with the japaneese players, the ones i've played with on US servers have been nothing but great. Not much conversation in game, but they dont run around grabbing as many items as they can (take 1-2 things per room and move on).

-Kareem 81 HUmar

Zephyr
Feb 20, 2001, 08:53 PM
Yeah... a while back I grew sick of the obnoxious players on the US servers so I started playing exclusively on the japanese servers. In the week I've been playing there I haven't once run into an ill-mannered J player. Unfortunately lately the idiots from the US servers have been spilling over here too. In the last two days on the JP servers I've had three seperate E players steal from me, once during a trade where all my god items were stolen (thank you lvl100 Zeal you theiving, game-sharking peice of crap), and twice just grabbing my stuff off my corpse and logging. I've had a mag stolen in a trade as well, which I managed to get back to my utter amazement, but that was on the US servers.

Ryoji
Feb 22, 2001, 12:11 PM
I'm quite sick of the whole situation of lamer American players going over to Japanese servers and basically ruining everyone's time. For these Japanese people who are generally not used to associating with Americans, this gives them quite a strong first impression of Americans as a whole. Some of my Japanese friends on PSO has told me that their friends won't let her play with me because I'm American, and they've been screwed over by American thieves. She can only play with me when her other friends aren't around, which is VERY rare... It's quite sad, she's a very very nice person and she agrees with me that it's dumb that her friends hate me just because I'm American, but still... This thieving has got to end somehow, it's causing more hatred and strife than anything else. I thought this was a game ment to bring people together and boast teamwork and cooperation, not fear and loathing of foreigners!

Another Japanese person I met questioned me on why every other American gamer comes to her begging for Double Saber. I basically replied that there are alot of idiot American gamers out there that do that kinda stuff, but that there are also alot of good American gamers who are very generous and not annoying at all.

In my attempt to try to heal any wounds caused by these barbaric degenerate thieving fools, I've been going around to Japanese servers, befriending whoever I can on there and basically showering them with gifts and kindness. I never chase after items durring a fight and usually let them have a go at good items I find. I always back up my fellow teammates and basically be a nice guy, trying to chat it up every now in then in my broken Japanese. I also try to warn them about the theives that may try to prey on them, and not to think that all Americans are immoral jerks.

Well I hope someone enjoys this story in some way, I have to head out now! Peace & Love! (^o^)

Nicodemus
Feb 22, 2001, 12:26 PM
This post is in response to Ryoji's...

Thanks for being the PSO Goodwill Ambassador! I hope that a few of us take your que and continue this tradition of simple (common-sense?) kindness and friendship.

I myself have gone to the Japanese servers a few times and have found nothing but that aforementioned kindness and friendship.

Although I spend most of my time on the US servers (Puck 09-01 PSO World!!), I do like to jump over every now and again.

Thanks Ryoji and to everyone with the same mentality. Maybe we can one day remove the stigma from the term "American" on PSO. Cheers to that thought!

Nicodemus

Rob309
Feb 22, 2001, 01:06 PM
Hey wait a minute! I must agree that people on the japanese server are real nice but heres the main reason for all this hubub: ONLY LOSERS IN AMERICA PLAY VIDEO GAMES. In Japan Video games are as normal as playing baseball in america. If you were to say you like playing video games as a hobby/passtime in america, you'd get ruthlessly ridiculed. So american people, feeling that honor has no place in a video game, do what they want cuz they feel its just a game and nothing else. When you come to think of it, why do we waste our lives searching for a double-saber 9 hours a day. I dont, cuz i stole mine of someone else. Because i am that loser and if im going to waste my life playing this game i might as well make it worthwhile. THAT, my friend, is how the "american theives" think and that is what the "american theives" will do.

Ryoji
Feb 23, 2001, 11:59 AM
Yes, that is how thieves think. Just about themselves and how they feel about things, not caring to considder how others may feel. You're using the whole "gamers are loosers" thing as an excuse to be selfish and spiteful. If Japan can see videogames as more of a "sport" why couldn't Americans also? In fact, it is starting to become that way. Check out various LAN gaming circles. It involves large, sometimes massive groups of people lugging their computers over to one central location to play in computer game tournaments of games such as Quake3, Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament, StarCraft, etc etc etc, and oftentimes offer prizes for the winners of these events. There have been sponsored LAN tournaments with rather large cash and material prizes. Imagine winning a brand new car for being on top for Quake3 deathmatch! There are also certain organizations whose goals are to promote gaming as a viable sport, such as the OLA, On-Line Athletes. I don't have their URL available right now but if you want the link, feel free to e-mail me or contact me through AIM. Basically they have a bunch of servers up right now for games such as Half-Life, Quake 3, etc, and if you become a "professional" OLA athlete (costs about 20 bucks a year...they are looking for sponsors to get the cash instead) and become one of the top 3 for the given game each week, you can get a cash prize!

Well, I cannot ever say that theiving in PSO is cheating because it IS part of the game. I can say that it is immoral, and maybe that the programmers shouldn't have allowed this option as set-in-stone. Maybe have a few servers which are "wild" areas, which have this option turned on. Then again, why would non-thieves want to venture into this area? It would only be populated by theives themselves and they wouldn't really work together on anything inside the game, they're just in it for themselves alone. Imagine a game full of theives trying to jack items off of one another. LOL

Sure, feel free to be a theif, do it all you want, it's part of the game. I'd never do it, never have in any online game like this, and never will. It's not how I am. I care about people and how they feel. I care that they have a good time, and I care that they think positively of me and end up being a valuable friend, providing my life with warmth and joy. Maybe you don't care what people think of you? Maybe you don't care to have any friends online? That's your perogative really. Well I've said this before, but not on these boards: "The reason why the World is so screwed up to begin with is because too many pepole just don't care." If you don't like the world, why become part of the problem? If you don't like the fact that gamers aren't respected as a whole in the US like they are in Japan, why not do something about it, instead of whining about it and using it as an excuse to be a social degenerate? I'm doing whatever I can, wherever I can, to back up my beliefs, and not just sit around whining about it not doing anything. If your belief is to spread chaos and bring ill feelings to others, you're on the right track, stick to it, you've got the makings of a good prison inmate. I'll refrain from obvious comments of what goes on inside prisons.

P.S.: I'm not a religious person, nor do I work for the government, LOL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

DW
Feb 23, 2001, 12:27 PM
Being a mix between irish/japanese and living in Ireland even though I have a E next to my characters name because I had a friend import this game from America I can understand how most of the japanese feel. I'm sorry guys but I hate these THIEVING LITTLE BASTARDS! What makes me so angry is when they start using racial slurs and tells me how dumb Japanese are and that we need to head back to our rice fields and do what we do best. GOD!! This makes me want to go to that person house and beat the living hell out of him for that dumb remark. Yes you BlaZe! I will NEVER forget you punk!!! Because of what happen to me a few days ago I no longer play on the U.S. server. I only play on the European or the Japanese server.

MilkManX
Feb 23, 2001, 02:21 PM
Its pretty sad. I only play PSO with my friends and this seems to go for pc online games too. Most American players have too much redneck in them.