PDA

View Full Version : Why God/Power?

-Luke-
May 25, 2004, 10:02 AM
God/Powers seem useless to me, unless you are equipping them to use an item while you level. I mean, 50 Atp. You know how much damage points that is? Like 10 (against a normal booma). 4 God/Powers gives 200 Atp, impressive looking, but 200 Atp is like 40 damage. Wanna know my math? My 1500 Atp HUcast does 300 (roughly) damage against a Normal Booma. 300/1500=.2 So, for every point of Atp, you have .2 of a point of damage. So God/Powers, unless used for equipping items beyond your level are, in my opinion useless.
Ok, well, I do slightly more than 300, maybe 350something, but 300 is simpler. So meh.

Prophet2k
May 25, 2004, 10:08 AM
Seems kinda silly to me, I guess what i gauge from ure method is all [xxx]/[bonus to a stat] are useless. I mean if +50atp from god is useless whats a measly +5 from knight gonna do?? And the ata ones, what about those, u get like +8 from an elf one, oh my, how pants. Lol.

I see them purely for twinking, getting those low chars to a higher level as fast as poss. O well, from now on i wont use any stat boost items.. Lol..

Proph.

rena-ko
May 25, 2004, 10:12 AM
either that or for shere stats. i mean, i use 2 god pows on my huct. its awesome seeing his atp at around 1300. question is, what else to use?

the thing about casts is (at least offline) that they should kill stuff as quick and flawless as possible.

his HP is enough to survive everything. 1 PB create is enough to keep him around 100 once the first M&Y runs out.

a god battle maybe, but even that wasnt needed so far (clearing ruins and killing DF offline at level 98 with a raygun and gatlings - both 50 hit, bought during unlocking ruins).

we'll see.
from the hubots perspective, online, god pow is quite neat. not irreplaceable, but if there's a force, why not focusing on full power ^-^

have fun

-Luke-
May 25, 2004, 10:17 AM
Yeah but, God/Arm adds 15, and ATA is usually between 100-200. So its still a decent amount. Atp is usually 500-1000ish without weapon. So 50 ain't much. God/Battle is of course good, and God/Mind is better than Power, but still not very good in my opinion.

PaleKid15
May 25, 2004, 01:47 PM
Its simple, you answered your own question. It really helps you meet atp requirements for weapons. 50 atp is upwards of 10 lvls on a HUnewearl at times. That GOd/Power can speed things up quite a bit, especially for weapons like BKB or HOP, which have an atp requirement above 700. Another reason, to max stats (im referrring to the legit way, at lvl 200) When your 200, and you want to max ATP, that God/Power may be able to help. Another reason someone may se a god power is to correct an error in mag feeding. If you gave your mag too little power, than you can use a god/power to correct this (atleast until you make a new mag). 50atp may not seem like much, but i find that in many cases (usually with mechs) 50 atp can mean the difference between killing in one combo and not being able to. And back to the mag part- 50atp =25 lvls on a mag, so using the "why use a god/power logic?", why lvl up power on your mag? Because it helps. Thats why.

Butoden
May 25, 2004, 03:02 PM
Yes, Palekid really explained it nicely there, and covered everything I wanted to say (thank you). It can mean the difference in equiping a weapon or not, so it really is handy! God/Power is very useful, even a Marksman/Arm++ can be useful in a way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Luke-
May 25, 2004, 03:44 PM
Hm. It's just in my experience, in Ult I do on average 100-200 damage per light hit, and the extra Atp doesn't make a difference for me, and yeah, I suppose it does at low levels, but at higher levels I don't think it does. At low levels your stats are low, so you need all the help you can get, but at a certain point, (lvl 100ish for me) you can equip all your items without Units. Of course MAGs are usefull, my base Atp without my trusty Varaha is around 780-800. With MAG its just over 1k. But, to get the same effect you need 4 God/Powers. Slots better used elsewhere in my opinion.

TheXtremist
May 25, 2004, 06:01 PM
ok, so if youve got 4 god powers in, that gives another 200 atp...bringing my Ramars atp up to that of roughly my hucasts (and higher with a 155 pow mag as i dont need the levels on dex that my hucast does). Now add in the shifta lvl 15 (or 30 if u have a friendly force) bonus for those extra 200 atp and uve got a whole lot of extra atp on top of that already added by the units. Other obvious advantages are the fact they raise the "unequiped" atp therefore allowing you to equip combat weapons before u would do normally. But in my opinion rangers desperately need at least 3 god powers to be effective, and believe me that 300 or so extra atp per shot with mechguns all adds up. It also makes spread needle very enjoyable too...

lain2k3
May 25, 2004, 06:29 PM
God/power only really makes a difference with mechguns and spread needle. Other than that, meeting requirements is the only reason I would use it.

Dana
May 26, 2004, 06:07 AM
My HUnewearl has about 830(base with nothing on), nomag or anything, so I don’t bother having much power on a mag or evn units, I just use mags with high DEX and God/arms x 2, I use 2 god/hp, maxing out ata is more important than power in my opinion, but my RAmarl uses 2 god/powers just for the little boost and it makes her mechs doa little bit more all together

Switchblayde
May 26, 2004, 12:51 PM
Yeah so use that one word more time and you banned ok?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2004-05-28 11:59 ]</font>

-Luke-
May 26, 2004, 02:16 PM
Listen kid. If you don't have anything productive to post, don't fucking post. Not too fucking difficult to understand, but you seem to be having problems. You broke the same forum rule about 10 times in one post. Gay as an insult, what on earth could possibly be construed as homosexual about a Unit? What the f***? Are you 12? If so, please make somewhat of a better effort to hide it.
God, mods, please help. I have had enough of this ignorant punks shit.

Edit: eep...took out some of those effs. I'm not cruel enough to make the mods share their affections Blayde.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Luke- on 2004-05-26 12:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Luke- on 2004-05-26 12:23 ]</font>

fireant
May 26, 2004, 02:46 PM
On 2004-05-26 10:51, Switchblayde wrote:
Cure/anything: #$% #$% #$% and i'll say it again #$%! just deal with it or carry sol atomizers if you really care

..and the moron of the year award of goes to *drum roll*
SWITCHBLAYDE!
*Crowd boos*

Cure/(insert name) are extremely useful. Try using a cure/freeze on Dark Falz. If you are Force people will love you for it.

Try using a thesaurus to correct your vocabulary. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fireant on 2004-05-26 12:49 ]</font>

Dana
May 26, 2004, 03:06 PM
yeah, you tell that idiot, i love cure/shock, do you know how annoying it is to be shocked in the mountain area with a hunter, ot anyone, and cure/freeze(ill see you soon)a life saver so i've heard, and i love having god/units on, do you know what i would do for 2 god/legs(just to max my evade)
who needs def when nothing can hit you(not like they do now)you should just use what ever you want, and i like to hit thing more than hurt them loads but never hit em, so i use what ever i want, and a few god/arms(as it said in my post up there)

Corey
May 26, 2004, 03:12 PM
No need to call each other names or the such...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-05-26 13:12 ]</font>

Ketchup345
May 26, 2004, 03:17 PM
Cure/* units have a very good use in ultimate.

In the Forest, a Cure/Shock is great, especially if you are doing Forest of Sorrow. Also, the Cure/Freeze is great for the Sil Dragon.

In Caves, Cure/Paralysis is insanely good for "fleshies", especially since you can equip it and still get 90+ EDK easily. Cure Paralysis can be switched for a Sacred Cloth though.

In the Mines, at Vol Opt 2.0, you can't go wrong with Cure/Shock and Cure/Freeze. Also, Cure/Shock is great for normal Mines (as in any difficulty), and especially to save Sol Atomizers at Vol Opt, since he only does the lightning tech.

At Dark Falz in Ultimate, nothing beats a Cure/Freeze (especially since you can use those Resist/Blizzard to get more ELT).

Dragon_Ash
May 26, 2004, 03:30 PM
Also Cure/poison is not as useless as it's made out to be... I regularily use it when doing cave and temple hunts in hard-ver hard, saves wasting time casting anti and looking into your inventory http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

iamfanboy
May 26, 2004, 03:45 PM
Wow.

...You aren't very experienced, are you Switchblade?

I'll be generous and chalk it up to a lack of experience. I was gonna refute each of your points one by one, but then I went to test my gifoie and realized that since I've gained ten levels, I do 600 damage with it! I'm having too much fun playing to debate stupid shyte with someone.

lain2k3
May 26, 2004, 04:39 PM
On 2004-05-26 13:12, Corey wrote:
No need to call each other names or the such...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-05-26 13:12 ]</font>

actually, in switchblayde's case, there is.

Cure/**'s are the best units in the game, bar god/battle.

and gay is really not a term that should be associated with video game items.

and god/ability is -really- fucking useless.

Switchblayde
May 28, 2004, 12:17 PM
so i get drilled for saying gay but some *guy* says fuck 3 times and nothing happens?

I just don't see why you would go through all the trouble of obtaining a cur/* item when you can buy sol atomizers. I got 2 cure freezes in like 5 mins one day and thats the only one i ever need.

I have no need to insult all the people that talk to me I am better than all of you anyway

Switchblayde
May 28, 2004, 12:24 PM
I quite possibly have more experience offline than all of you except for ketchup

iamfanboy
May 28, 2004, 01:29 PM
Offline?

OFFLINE?

Since when does offline matter?

Offline is WAAAY easier than online.

Online, status conditions are so frequent and so annoying in some areas that I sometimes FORGET to take my cure/shock off! Unless it's to replace it with a cure/confuse.

That half-second it takes to go to the subscreen and use a sol atom, or that half-second it takes to use Anti, is the half-second that an Indi Belra needs to shoot its cannon arm at you AGAIN, and confuse you AGAIN, or the half-second that a Hildelt needs to zap you AGAIN.

...And the fact that you need cure/freeze is sad. WIGGLE, dude, WIGGLE! seriously, it's not that hard! just wiggle the joystick back and forth as fast as you can!

-Luke-
May 28, 2004, 01:32 PM
What the hell is a *guy*? And that guy happens to be the maker of this thread you decided to spam with your typical 12 year old ignorance. You are just a fucking idiot. I don't give the fucking tiniest shit in existance how much experience you have, you could have played over 3000 hours and still have shit for brains.

kthxbai.

lain2k3
May 28, 2004, 02:02 PM
On 2004-05-28 10:24, Switchblayde wrote:
I quite possibly have more experience offline than all of you except for ketchup

1. learn the edit function.

2. if your profile is anywhere near correct, I have you beat by about 25 million experience points. I need to update mine.

Corey
May 28, 2004, 02:07 PM
Stat units are only usefull for maxing your character, especially god ability. It is almost (if not ALWAYS) required equipment for all areas to be yellow if your legit.

Cure units...

Hmm, Shock is the only useful one to me.
Maybe Paralysis...

Sitka
May 28, 2004, 02:19 PM
I find with my Racast (173), I get the most out of God Battle, Cure Freeze, Cure Shock and Cure Confuse. I can pretty much handle any area without getting into status problems and really only have to worry about megid or getting my weapon dislodged, particularly with my hp approching 1900. In some cases for specific quests or runs, I can switch out one or more cure units for a perfect resist or a God Legs, but I prefer to have a set arrangement most of the time. I've given all my other God stuff to my lower level units where they are immensely helpful in allowing them to survive specific battles, equip certain weapons or improve their ability to get through certain areas quickly. I'm just glad I don't have to pick up dragon, general, ogre and elf items anymore.

Corey
May 28, 2004, 02:21 PM
Get rid of Cure Freeze, get with some other better unit---you can get out of Freeze in like 2 seconds wiggling the joy stick.

Sitka
May 28, 2004, 02:24 PM
Between my constant use of the frozen shooter and the numerous encounters with 3rd stage Falz and his uber-darvants, I prefer to keep my cure freeze on. Maybe I'm just not quick enough on the stick, but in the time it takes for me to wiggle free, Falz' darvants almost always kill me.

fireant
May 28, 2004, 02:52 PM
On 2004-05-28 11:29, iamfanboy wrote:
...And the fact that you need cure/freeze is sad. WIGGLE, dude, WIGGLE! seriously, it's not that hard! just wiggle the joystick back and forth as fast as you can!

I use mine during Dark Falz. I dont get frozen so I would get killed so fast by his spikes. I can heal my team and they wount get kill by the spikes so it all works out.

Being a team player is not so sad.