PDA

View Full Version : The mystery of online

InfinityXXX
May 25, 2004, 04:19 PM
I'v never played pso online but i'm thinking about playing online soon since i got dsl. I was wondering how is it online? Are there a lot of people that attack noobs like me and how hard are people online. I say that i play at about a C level so do you think i can take on people online. Also, which is better to play online, Ep. 1 and 2 or ep.3?

-----I just can't wait!!

InfinityXXX
May 25, 2004, 04:22 PM
Also what is this Fsod that everyone talks about?

Saiffy
May 25, 2004, 04:53 PM
FSOD stands for frozen screen of death, basically it freezes your game causing you to reset. However lately theres been less and less of it.

As long as your an average player and know how to play your cards. You should do okay

InfinityXXX
May 25, 2004, 05:41 PM
I was reading the topic "List abusive players here" and they were saying that people can hack and put viruses on your cpu. Is this true? I don't think i want my 8 year old sister to play online if this is true and that there are dirty people that do this and call you names. I personally feel that people who create viruses and cuss people out and Fsod people are just people who have no life and no friends in the real world and they probably get beat up on at school or in their neighborhood. I hope me nor my lil bro (He's 11 and he can whoop my tail in pso ep.3 and i'm 16!) have to run into people like that when we play online.
------I can't wait!!!!!

hucasts_rock
May 25, 2004, 05:50 PM
People do hack, but it's by using Action Replay (a cheat device). As far as I know, it seems impossible to put viruses on your computer since you're playing from your GC. There are a lot of abusive players yes, but there are also a lot of nice people that enjoy helping new players. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Corey
May 26, 2004, 07:12 PM
On 2004-05-25 15:50, hucasts_rock wrote:
People do hack, but it's by using Action Replay (a cheat device). As far as I know, it seems impossible to put viruses on your computer since you're playing from your GC. There are a lot of abusive players yes, but there are also a lot of nice people that enjoy helping new players. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hack and using Action Replay are two diffrent things. Action Replay just gives you items by editing things basically...well, no, but I can't really describe it in words. But Hacking is actual hacking--- packet editing, hexing, and editing server
side material.

InfinityXXX
May 28, 2004, 06:56 PM
My friend was telling me that you can tell hackers by if their name is in all Caps. Is this true cause my brother character name is GOKUXJS( he's into that dbz crap) and theirs probably other innocent people who have their name capitalized so are there any other ways to no if your playing with or against a hacker?

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 07:02 PM
Ok, at the moment, there are only a couple things people can do online.

FSOD you, which, as stated, has been decreasing lately.
Walk Through Walls. Yay, so they can stand inside the registration counter... Does nothing.

The thing about hackers having capital names is completely false. You were just being led on.

You don't have to worry about anyone destroying your character files, uploading viruses, or killing your puppy by playing Episode 3 online. Just pop on and have fun!

InfinityXXX
May 28, 2004, 07:13 PM
thanx http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RedStormRex
Jun 2, 2004, 03:57 PM
Is Ep1 and 2 for the GC in the uk have online support?