PDA

View Full Version : PSO:BB Hacks being discovered by the trifold.

Bluesin
May 25, 2004, 05:12 PM
As of 5/23/04 X:XX (GMT +4) Broomop a well known hacker creates the first PSO:BB hack.

As of 5/23/04 1:22 (GMT +4) a professional hacker Sanjuro creates walk through walls in all lobbies. (Leaked)

As of 5/24/04 7:25 (AM) (GMT +4) a proffessional hacker creates infinate HP/TP hack.

As of 5/24/04 5:17 (GMT +4) a strategist Risq (Bluesin) creates Walk through walls in all Episode 1 maps. (Leaked)

As of 5/24/04 9:41 (GMT +4) a junior hacker Bianca discovered a level modification method for PSO:BB.

Thoughts + Opinions?

Squall179
May 25, 2004, 05:14 PM
The level modifacation sounds neat, but still.....the other stuff....well, it was bound to happen........

Bluesin
May 25, 2004, 05:16 PM
Sad thing is people thought it was going to be hack protected and it gets hacked less than 1 week after it comes out even though its more securer than console versions.

PJ
May 25, 2004, 05:52 PM
Are the Game Masters in the Beta BB?

If so, they won't last long >.>;;;

VioletSkye
May 25, 2004, 06:54 PM
The wtw cheats aren't difficult to create and with a certain tool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif the other cheats are just as easy lol. Editting serverside memory is a snap, and since the bank is serverside (at least I think it is) thats really easy to edit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-05-25 17:09 ]</font>

Jkid
May 25, 2004, 07:10 PM
Why is it happening!? If this continues, I may have no choice but to... no, no, not Final Fantasy XI!

They just refuse to die!

*sobs*

Kuea
May 25, 2004, 07:17 PM
wow thats alot of hacks already

well you have to hand it to them for working so hard
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EJ
May 25, 2004, 07:22 PM
It's only a beta version so let them hack all they want so ST can fix them. Hopefully ST is watching

VioletSkye
May 25, 2004, 07:29 PM
Like quite a few others, I was easily able to get my def, atp, etc to 9999. I also managed to edit the number of (i think they were monomates lol) to 9999.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-05-25 17:29 ]</font>

Arislan
May 25, 2004, 07:29 PM
My thoughts exactly. Go right ahead, group. Have fun. Cheat all you want in Beta, and watch as ST fixes all your security loopholes. My question is, why doesn't Sega just check for the running of a certain process (Violet probably knows which program process I'm talking about) and kick you if it's running? It's not too hard to search for a process ID...

EJ
May 25, 2004, 07:31 PM
It's probably because they want them to hack the Beta version to see the holes in them.

Arislan
May 25, 2004, 07:56 PM
Yes, but the problem with cheating and hacking in general is that it doesn't advance until the current loopholes are fixed. People will just use the current breaks in security constantly, and tend not to look further for more complex ways of doing the same thing. It's in Sega's best interest to block hacks as quickly as possible, even if that does mean that the people hacking the game try even more difficult things to alter game code.

Mixfortune
May 25, 2004, 08:01 PM
On 2004-05-25 17:56, Arislan wrote:
Yes, but the problem with cheating and hacking in general is that it doesn't advance until the current loopholes are fixed. People will just use the current breaks in security constantly, and tend not to look further for more complex ways of doing the same thing. It's in Sega's best interest to block hacks as quickly as possible, even if that does mean that the people hacking the game try even more difficult things to alter game code.

You are exactly correct. They should block the hacks as they come out, so that the hackers will have to "evolve" so to speak and start more advanced things. That way it gives Sega more time to work on those kinds of things. They faster they close off the hacks/outside programs in beta, the more they can close off. Either way, there's no use in waiting. The fixes will have to come out some time. Why not as soon as possible?

burnningthings3
May 25, 2004, 08:57 PM
Eh new they would, broom mop doesn't realy leak out much info. So i'm not worried about him, plus i doubt he would try to find out how to fsod or Pk.
I'm not that worried (yet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

ExoZero
May 25, 2004, 09:30 PM
broommop has always been there hell ever since dreamcast hell he aint gonna stop until they try and I mean acctually try to stop hacking "yeah right lol"

Siris
May 25, 2004, 09:43 PM
Hack away please. Show them what they need to fix. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Arislan
May 25, 2004, 10:08 PM
Yeah, cept that Broomop stated that he:s not that interested in hacking BB, especially not in Beta. He wants it to remain relatively clean. That doesn't mean he's not allowing his cohorts to do as they please, he's just not into the whole hacking and disseminating this time around is all.

HaLLa
May 26, 2004, 03:44 AM
This is Sega we are talking about. I dont htink they care much. Havent seen a GM yet. Have they really tried to stop cheating before? I mean if they do the hackers will just get around it.

My advice is dont waste money on this game when its out.

Bluesin
May 26, 2004, 03:59 PM
PSO:BB is full screen and you can't make a windowed psobb.exe there are two tools you need, T***** won't do everything. (T****** isn't a hacking FFS, people just use it for that reason.). Plus PSO:BB doesn't have any statistic hacks or item number hacks yet, thats PSO:PC they have entirely different engines, comparing them is like apples to oranges.
Note: Also SEGA of Japan are unaware of the hacks currently, since no one uses them in Japanese ships.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bluesin on 2004-05-26 14:04 ]</font>

Corey
May 26, 2004, 05:26 PM
Forgot who made it, but someone made it so you can switch windows without Blue Burst crashing

(I'm prolly stupid for not remembering the name that is listed on the first page XP)

ExoZero
May 26, 2004, 05:46 PM
the only atempt I have ever seen by sega to stop hacking or atleast stop idiots was about a year ago on the xbox I was just standing around while one of my friends was duping stuff and then some one named sonic team #365 came on asked if he could see our items but I have no idea hell it could of been some jackass trying to scam people

metermore
May 26, 2004, 06:06 PM
ST has has done some preventions of hacking/cheating etc. and only some cause they only pay attention to the JP severs who genrally don't hack and i think the only sell EU/USA cause it would sell some more copies (in other words only for money) and like voilet said its not that hard to hack it.

Arislan
May 26, 2004, 07:59 PM
I've seen 3 separate GMs running about, or at least, 2 GMs and a Sonic running around. I just haven't seen one on Leo as of yet. I did talk to Sonic for a moment, and Sega knows about foreigners playing now. Sonic seems to be of the same mind of Knuckles from Ep 3, he's happy about it and is glad that people have enough loyalty to jump into a game that provides them no support, and hopes they'll stay around. I didn't mention the hacking to him, having just seen the abortive HP hack at that time (ooh, HP that only lasts till you pipe, yay), but meh.

McDonalds
May 26, 2004, 11:29 PM
On 2004-05-25 15:16, Bluesin wrote:
Sad thing is people thought it was going to be hack protected and it gets hacked less than 1 week after it comes out even though its more securer than console versions.

Thats what they thought about the GC version before it came out, but its just as bad as the others.

Corey
May 27, 2004, 11:53 AM
It took people awhile to break through AR codes for GC though.

And only like 15 people can really hack GC that still play GC.

Action Replay isn't hacking.

Arislan
May 27, 2004, 01:33 PM
And using the program that allows you to run a window over a fullscreen app isnt hacking either. The program they use doesnt allow for alt tabbing (I wish, I would use it just for Trillian chatting), it just allows for an always on top type window to run over the fullscreen app.

Bluesin
May 27, 2004, 08:45 PM
On 2004-05-27 11:33, Arislan wrote:
And using the program that allows you to run a window over a fullscreen app isnt hacking either. The program they use doesnt allow for alt tabbing (I wish, I would use it just for Trillian chatting), it just allows for an always on top type window to run over the fullscreen app.

I'm afraid not mate, get your fact straights.
AAT (I'm going to mention it because its purpose isn't intended for hacking.) doesn't window the game it freezes its process allowing for Alt+Tabbing, please try something before accusations. The old PSO:PC had a hex modification which allowed it because the server didn't update the client in PSO:PC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bluesin on 2004-05-27 18:46 ]</font>

ForceOfBrokenGlass
May 28, 2004, 06:06 PM
Even with the new hacking, I doubt ST will do anything about that either. They did nothing about it all the other times. If they do fix any hacking it will be only for japanese players.

ST protects the customers they value most, the Japanese players. Any other nation players are out of luck. If they can't protect JP players, they'll probably just cancel all non-JP accounts or somthing.

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 06:11 PM
You sure Sin? I tried an older version of AAT, and that's literally all it did is cause the kind of flash always on top conflict with the program you ran after AAT being available. I'm sure they could have updated it to do something else by now (twas quite a while ago that I messed around with it), but that IS what it used to do.

Bluesin
May 28, 2004, 08:28 PM
On 2004-05-28 16:06, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:
Even with the new hacking, I doubt ST will do anything about that either. They did nothing about it all the other times. If they do fix any hacking it will be only for japanese players.

ST protects the customers they value most, the Japanese players. Any other nation players are out of luck. If they can't protect JP players, they'll probably just cancel all non-JP accounts or somthing.

I think Sonic Team is going to do something this time and theres little the hacking community can do since theres no way to create Private Servers without doing something highly illegal by thieving the software, and the server is going P2P, and almost no serious hacker is paying.

Arislan
May 29, 2004, 08:19 PM
Hmm, seems either Broom doesn't care about the Beta or else decided against legitimacy this time... Already some stuff has been released, one of which will hurt when Battle comes around. The other isn't bad at all, and actually is akin to something I think ST should implement anyway.

Then we have someone who figured out how to dupe any stackable items. Doesn't work for non stackables like weapons (thank god!) but still, that means Photon Drops are now going to be completely useless. Well, they are at the moment anyway, but that's not the point...

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2004, 08:22 PM
On 2004-05-29 18:19, Arislan wrote:
Hmm, seems either Broom doesn't care about the Beta or else decided against legitimacy this time... Already some stuff has been released, one of which will hurt when Battle comes around.

Something like this?

http://www.iankunx.net/huwand1.jpg
http://www.iankunx.net/huwand.jpg

The HUcl did disappear rather quickly after equipping the Wand... Maybe they got booted. XP Nah, this is PSO we're talking about. XD

Arislan
May 31, 2004, 02:38 PM
Posted by Broom

but if i gave that out the game will lose interest... and as i said before i dont want to give out cheats and ruin the game.. but if others release stuff ill just include it in my tool or somthing..

What the... You release a tool that enables two distinct cheats and one hack, and claim that you don't want to give out cheats and ruin the game. Huh?

And if someone else releases a cheat, Broom'll include it in his trainer, thereby again contradicting himself. What the heck?

soulja2244
May 31, 2004, 02:47 PM
Broomop *IS* a tool.

Trust me, I know.

RuneLateralus
May 31, 2004, 03:01 PM
Level modification method, eh? That could prove to be interesting. Wonder what will be created out of that...

Zinger314
May 31, 2004, 10:52 PM
Broomop die create a Alt + Tab patch...that's not bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Still...God/Equip and infinate TP...yeesch.

Arislan
Jun 1, 2004, 11:03 AM
Broom didn't create any alt tab patch, unless you're talking PSO PC. For BB, everyone just uses AAT, which has been around for ages. Nothing created by Broom in the slightest.

Rainbowlemon
Jun 1, 2004, 02:00 PM
I sincerely hope someone sorts this out in ST. I wonder if anyone has actively informed them of the god-forbidden site that is producing these things, or any of their methods? I'm sure any information would be of great help, and it'd be nice to be able to play BB without any hacking. Then again, this IS Sonic Team....XD

Arislan
Jun 1, 2004, 02:50 PM
ST has been informed of the site, Im 95% sure of that. Now, whether they have a person on their staff capable of speaking English well enough to actually read the site and whats on it is another matter.

Para
Jun 1, 2004, 09:22 PM
Whether ST cares or not, they might get a minor group of programmers to look at their code...
I have a feeling SEGA wont care much either way because they are not Japanese or something.