PDA

View Full Version : Would You Continue The Blue Burst Journey?

Para
May 26, 2004, 12:13 PM
With the retail date coming up, would you actually pay for Blue Burst?

RFB
May 26, 2004, 12:33 PM
Maybe. Depends on the economical situation of the moment. I have to save for Metroid Prime 2, Tales of Synphonia (or however it is written) and to get a Nintendo DS and Prime Hunters as soon as they are out.
If I can, I think that yes. This is a really nice PSO, even if in Japanese.

cluw
May 26, 2004, 12:35 PM
I need to reply with a big "Maybe."

I'm really not happy with the area unlocking system, and having the level requirements for harder difficulties pumped up also made me a bit mad.. I need something different (and hopefully in English) to convince me that this is more than just a way to squeeze a bit more cash out of this old (but still fun, of course) game before I'd think about spending money on this.

gallaugher
May 26, 2004, 12:39 PM
Yes. It's not very expensive.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 26, 2004, 12:49 PM
I intend to buy Blue Burst, play just enough to get the details of the story, and promptly return to the GameCube version to finish leveling characters to level 200. After all, I have 12 characters on the GameCube, and I don't intend to abandon them.

Para
May 26, 2004, 01:25 PM
I too might play it for awhile if I can find a way to pay for it that is...

watashiwa
May 26, 2004, 01:44 PM
I'm going to buy it, but I am not certain if I will continue the adventure in Blue Burst land.

I s'pose it all depends on if they ever add any alternate language options into it.

.. I'm doubting they will, though, and this will just end up in my big collection of PSO related purchases which consists of:

- 1 Phantasy Star Online ver1 JP for Dreamcast.
- 1 Phantasy Star Online ver1 US for Dreamcast.
- 1 Phantasy Star Online ver2 JP for Dreamcast (Signed by Yuji Naka himself)
- 1 Phantasy Star Online ver2 US for Dreamcast.
- 1 Phantasy Star Online ver2 JP for PC.
- 1 Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Trial JP for Gamecube.
- 1 Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II JP for Gamecube.
- 1 Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II US for Gamecube.
- 1 Phantasy Star Online Episode III for Gamecube.
- 1 Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst JP Closed Beta Kit for PC.
- 1 Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst JP Open Beta .CDI image for PC. =P'
- Gamecube ASCII Keyboard just for PSO
- Phantasy Star Online Red Ring Rico PC Mousepad
- Phantasy Star Online Episode III Let The Winds Blow 2 CD Original Soundtrack
- Phantasy Star Online Episode III Trading Cards which came with the Episode III Original Soundtrack

... and I think that's about all I have!

Can't really count that I bought both the BBA and modem for both Dreamcast and Gamecube for PSO, since other games use 'em as well.

But PSO is the only game that is using the Gamecube keyboard at the moment, as far as I know!

Was PSO the only game that used the Dreamcast keyboard? Oh, no wait, I'll answer my own question. Who could forget THE TYPING OF THE DEAD?

Should Blue Burst final gold edition not have alternate language options, this will probably be the first PSO that didn't have them and that will disappoint me greatly.

In my opinion it seems sort of wrong to release the absolute final edition of the original PSO story and game to just the Japanese crowd, but my friend thinks I'm in the wrong for thinking this. She says that they have no right to cater to us playing their "Japanese game" and it's all about the market or some bullshit.

Classic phrase coming up.

... WHATEVER.

People from all over have been playing this game and alot of us would really like to know what's going on in the missions, what possible changes to the story, and many other things. Plus we'd like to be able to play in the new areas too.

And, of course we can, but we just need to read Japanese. Something which we've never did before, I guess.

It's kinda funny, like someone pointed, that they have J next to the level in the lobby. Not to mention the word select system.

I always figured the word select system was targetted at communicating directly to players of other languages. For some reason they've left it in, perhaps just too lazy to take it out? I don't know.

It's interesting if you browse the files in the PSO folder, you see ending_jp.pae The old ver2 PC had files ending with _jp and _en to seperate the language types. Perhaps it is possible, if they get enough interest or requests, that the client can support multiple languages..? I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

Well, cross your fingers, eh? I wouldn't mind if it only got released in Japan, but I'd really hope it would have multiple language settings like all of the previous Phantasy Star Online games.

.. doesn't make sense for them to throw all that translation work they did away either, for all the previous quests and content. Not much as changed with the exception of a new NPC in Episode I & II and the quests. Everything else just seems straight up Episode I & II with prettier graphics.

Okay, this post is too long.

edit: Forgot to mention my ver2 JP Dreamcast disc was signed by Mr. Yuji Naka (http://www.watashiwa.org/sj/mycd.jpg) himself. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2004-05-26 12:10 ]</font>

PJ
May 26, 2004, 02:42 PM
Like Meira, I';ll probably buy it, do new stage (If it doesn't get an English release, the story won't matter, cause I can't read japanese @_@) and go back to GC.

I plant to make 4 characters (Unless I download the Open Beta somehow, I'd still have 4, but not have to buy the gaem).

Now if someone could just tell me how to have PJ, MONACO, GOLD, and EMERALD in Kanji...

slickochet
May 26, 2004, 05:15 PM
wait now. i know we have to pay to play the final version, but will we have to buy it, or are they also offering it for free download?

DarK-SuN
May 26, 2004, 05:32 PM
It's cheap, a lot cheaper than PSOGC or PSOX will ever be in both terms of monthly payment and purchase price, so I'll get it.
Also for the reason of having a full collection of PSO versions since I'm a big PSO fan.

RFB
May 26, 2004, 05:57 PM
eh? the prices are known already? where did you see them? If it really is that cheaper, that would mean +5 points to definitely joining PSOBB.

DarK-SuN
May 26, 2004, 06:00 PM
PSOW posted the prices a while ago in the news.
If it's not there, check the archives since it's a recent post. ^_^
They're all in Yen, but if you go to http://www.xe.com you can easily convert them to €uro.

Para
May 26, 2004, 06:04 PM
It is cheaper since the client is already in our hands...

RFB
May 26, 2004, 06:11 PM
Yup, the client definitely is cheaper, and the monthly fee, a little cheaper. This is good news for me!! Thanks for the info and the link, DarkSun.

DarK-SuN
May 26, 2004, 06:14 PM
Anytime, RFB. ^_^

Nites, you'll still have to buy the subscription to play the Full, plus the ones who don't have the client (since they didn't get into the beta) still have to download it and won't pay extra for it. ^_~

slickochet
May 26, 2004, 07:15 PM
damn. the client is seriously cheap. but so help me god, the final version better have an english language option

Arislan
May 26, 2004, 08:16 PM
I saw Sonic yesterday online, talked to him for a moment. He's like Knuckles was on Ep3 JP. Happy that there are people loyal enough to jump into a game with no support, and he hopes they'll continue on. So that's a boon at least for people that have fake account info. ST knew about them before I said anything too, just so you guys know. ^_^

Shrike
May 26, 2004, 09:58 PM
For me it would be a maybe, except that my computer is an old piece of crap, I can't use my dad's, and I have no money to update... So that would be a no for me.

Para
May 27, 2004, 12:47 AM
On 2004-05-26 18:16, Arislan wrote:
I saw Sonic yesterday online, talked to him for a moment. He's like Knuckles was on Ep3 JP. Happy that there are people loyal enough to jump into a game with no support, and he hopes they'll continue on. So that's a boon at least for people that have fake account info. ST knew about them before I said anything too, just so you guys know. ^_^

Good good so atleast they know that us fans are rooting for the new pso to do well hehe

EJ
May 27, 2004, 12:51 AM
I would continue it if a english support comes out but I haven't seen much of game yet I'm stuck on 1-2 I know sad but those hildebear are too much for my fomar

Sharkyland
May 27, 2004, 09:43 AM
I said 'mebbe', I dunno yet. I haven't played BB yet.

Para
May 27, 2004, 11:48 AM
On 2004-05-27 07:43, Sharkyland wrote:
I said 'mebbe', I dunno yet. I haven't played BB yet.

You really need to join us sharky =/