PDA

View Full Version : Character

Saciel
May 26, 2004, 03:42 PM
Ok, simple little topic for you all, dunno if anything like this has been said before but it's an interesting concept (In my opinion)

Whilst playing online do you put on a characteristic for each different character you may play as. I've seen some people who quiet clearly do so, though I guess some of that might have just been power gamers being egotistical swine...

I always find myself using a different sets of vocab for each of my characters by nature e.g. Saciel plays the role of lost, poetic and flirtacious, Emerl is boastful and energetic, and Paracletia well easily summed up as tom-boy "point and click,"

Though yeah I understand why people don't do this often as it confuses the living daylights out of other players... meh << shrugs >>

Dana
May 26, 2004, 04:01 PM
Dana-smart not as humorous as the other but very intellegent
Sarah-funny and a little evil, she love chocolate and food(like su kaolla from love hine)
Adel-just adel, much like Dan

a hard topic to say oout load i know in my mind what they are like but it's hard to say

PJ
May 26, 2004, 04:02 PM
I did that for a little bit...

But I think for my return online, I should do that, you've inspired me =p

Saciel
May 26, 2004, 04:10 PM
Yosh! inspiration for more interesting peoples hurrah! I also like to assign trademark weps and mags and stuff << shrug >> even though with some characters it really does stunt them ^_^;; Saciel likes the grass assasin sabers... green and pink, bah silly tart

There's nothing more re-asuring than knowing there are others who do such a thing... I think it's about time I pulled together a website... maybe draw up some comics and such, bah lazy me should have done that ages ago << hits self in head and bites tongue jokishly >>

AquaFlare7
May 26, 2004, 04:11 PM
People actually do this on purpose? O_o

RFB
May 26, 2004, 04:35 PM
Yes there is... and there's people like me that without pretending it, they do it.

For example, I usually am more quiet with my FOmar than with my RAcast, without pretending it at all.

Saciel
May 26, 2004, 04:39 PM
Indeed, tis what happened with me at first, but << shrugs >> guess I developed the characters a little stronger and whoops don't tap me when I'm gaming I might be stuck in character in reallife as well.

Tis amusing to look at people playing and see how their characteristics suit their gameplay and characters and such... I've yet to base one on myself but Saciel is about as close as you get to me character wise... << shrugs >>

lain2k3
May 26, 2004, 04:47 PM
On 2004-05-26 14:11, AquaFlare7 wrote:

Yeah, there's this weird little word that they don't teach you in school...shit, what was it again?

oh yeah, "fun".

Vielka
May 26, 2004, 04:52 PM
On 2004-05-26 14:47, lain2k3 wrote:

Yeah, there's this weird little word that they don't teach you in school...shit, what was it again?

oh yeah, "fun".

lmfao, good one

Scales_of_Air
May 26, 2004, 05:34 PM
If I could play online I would definately. I mean, sheesh, I have 12 characters, each with a different personality varrying to my preference (as they are fictional of course). Who wouldn't with such an array!

DarK-SuN
May 26, 2004, 05:55 PM
I do that.
Each character of mine has a diferent personality.
I tend to RP them actually, for fun, to the point that all of them have their own background story; I find it boring if I just do "blank" characters with no purpose or "soul" so to speak.
Might be why I still play with the same set of characters since PSOv1JP, with only some new ones added due to the new classes presented with PSOep1&2.

AquaFlare7
May 26, 2004, 07:15 PM
On 2004-05-26 14:47, lain2k3 wrote:

oh yeah, "fun".

"fun" is relative, keep that in mind. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dhylec
May 26, 2004, 10:14 PM
it's called role-playing.. pso is a 'rpg' for a reason >.>
playing pso has become so routine-like that most ppl do it w/o noticing they are role-playing..
maybe a little, or a lot, but it's there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Blownsteel
May 29, 2004, 03:04 AM
I don't understand why you wanna create a backround story to your characters. I really think it's unusual unless you would like them to have a story like most of the characters in PSO(I mean characters like Montague, Kireek or others...). Oh, and after all, it isn't a very bad idea...

_Ted_
May 29, 2004, 09:38 AM
I have HAL-9000 act like some sort of deranged computer turned robot until I have played with the people for a sufficent amount of time to have exhausted the personality. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Wyndham
May 29, 2004, 06:00 PM
Oran: weird and constantly switching between dark and freakishly weird.

Kuea
May 29, 2004, 06:23 PM
well my HUnewearl Eclair is addicted to Meseta and materials along with her heart of poumn

my HUcaseal Eclair is an energetic annoyence who laughs at everything

my RAmar Denaku is a quite strong person who will do almost anything for meseta

My RAcast Denaku is completly obsessed with his Yasminkov series

Evil_Althena8
May 29, 2004, 06:27 PM
Evil_Althena:Wise, domineering, evil, powerful, bitchy
Ghaleon:Wise, domineering, evil, powerful, laughs alot
Rika:Wise, truthful, good, smart