PDA

View Full Version : I am making a new HUcast

Olga
May 29, 2004, 05:43 PM
I am making a new HUcast, and I was wondering, what section ID should I make it?

Blobglobual
May 29, 2004, 05:44 PM
Skyly, because you get tight swords!

Olga
May 29, 2004, 05:47 PM
Are they good w/ rare Items too?

Blobglobual
May 29, 2004, 05:48 PM
Skylys are pretty nice sec. id type, me and my friend, both hunters wanted skyly cause they find really cool stuff, check the rare item drop guides

Olga
May 29, 2004, 05:51 PM
okay

Blobglobual
May 29, 2004, 06:06 PM
gl with your new char http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

lain2k3
May 29, 2004, 06:34 PM
It depends, what Id's do you have, if any?

Skyly is not good for a first character, it is not very self supportive. All it finds are hunter weapons. Nothing for armor, forces, or rangers.

redria and whitill are both very good for hunters, moreso than skyly in my opinion.

Blobglobual
May 29, 2004, 06:36 PM
Hey wait a sec! if ur a huCAST all u need is weapons and u can buy good armor!

lain2k3
May 29, 2004, 06:42 PM
On 2004-05-29 16:36, Blobglobual wrote:
Hey wait a sec! if ur a huCAST all u need is weapons and u can buy good armor!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

you cannot buy good armor, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I speak of these creepy little things that come in red boxes. Ah, yes, rares, i believe, is the term.

Skyly finds 1 rare shield worth using, and one rare armor worth using. Both are extremely difficult drops.

and Redria and whitill have superior weapons, too in my opinion. Slicers > swords

Blobglobual
May 29, 2004, 07:16 PM
Swords OWN Slicers!

lain2k3
May 29, 2004, 07:17 PM
On 2004-05-29 17:16, Blobglobual wrote:
Swords OWN Slicers!

In your opinion.

I can clear room much faster with a good slicer than a sword, although I do use both.

Shigecki
May 29, 2004, 07:44 PM
Whitill, the best section ID in the game. Lots of different weapons to choose from, and some good armor, not to mention almost all the red weapons (don't get daggers I believe.) For a RAcast or anything else, I'd say whitill.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2004-05-29 17:45 ]</font>

Switchblayde
May 29, 2004, 10:01 PM
Whitill redria skyly take your pick

Olga
May 30, 2004, 09:29 AM
I dunno, Either Whitill or Redria...

Ketchup345
May 30, 2004, 09:33 AM
On 2004-05-30 07:29, Olga wrote:
I dunno, Either Whitill or Redria...

Personally, for a HUcast, I would go Whitill.

You will need to pipe for some of Redria's best items (unless you like doing runs for items that have a drop rate of 1/22 from a rare enemy), and piping with droids is expensive and annoying.

Two obvious items that you would pipe for are Magic Rock: Iritista and the Lavis Cannon. The Magic Rock isn't too bad, since its from Hildetorrs, but doing runs for a Pouilly Slime with a 1/22 drop rate is a bit on the insane side.

I would save the Redria for a "fleshy".

Olga
May 30, 2004, 08:00 PM
okay

Xaos127
May 31, 2004, 09:05 PM
yeah go Whitill its alot better for one of your first characters

lain2k3
May 31, 2004, 10:52 PM
Redria is better for first characters, past that whitill is awesome.

excecutor
May 31, 2004, 11:08 PM
For HUcast go with skyly. Regardless if he finds better weapons and armors elsewhere, chain sawd is invaluable. Perhaps make more than one character? All I know is being able to get 120 hp per enemy hit with my hucast made things so much easier than having to go back to pioneer two for mates.

Dillon
May 31, 2004, 11:14 PM
Hmm..ok.

I have a Redria HUmar..L79, been in Ult. for quite some time.

Although I've forgotten what I made the HUmar for, he's got quite a few rares. Whether they be random 9-Star weapons, to really good rares (I don't think I've found anything worth mentioning..Sacred Cloth from an El Rappy is probably my best/luckiest find) Redria has been a pretty decent ID..

Buuut, since I've played on it a bit, and gotten bored with it, I'm looking to recreate the character on a different ID, probably Skyly.

Anyway..as for you, take a look at the rare drop lists for the IDs you have in mind..and determine which you think would be best according to your fighting style.

Do you like using Sabers, or keeping a little distance with a Partisan/Sword? Maybe even getting a good Handgun and Sniping a bit?

I'd use those questions/item charts to determine the ID for me..but that's just me.

Pick what you want, they're all good IDs.

lain2k3
Jun 1, 2004, 02:44 PM
On 2004-05-31 21:08, excecutor wrote:
For HUcast go with skyly. Regardless if he finds better weapons and armors elsewhere, chain sawd is invaluable. Perhaps make more than one character? All I know is being able to get 120 hp per enemy hit with my hucast made things so much easier than having to go back to pioneer two for mates.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif chainsawd is not an excuse to give up the easiest finds for:

kasami bracer
DF field
Asuka
lavis cannon
magic stone iritista
Red handgun
Cure/slow
god/battle
demolition comet
God/arm (easisest in my experience)
Diska of braveman with hit%

and relatively easy drops for the following:
red slicer
sacred cloth
spread needle
red mechguns
among many others.

Redria>skyly for first characters.

Hrith
Jun 1, 2004, 03:01 PM
On 2004-06-01 12:44, lain2k3 wrote:
Chain Sawd is not an excuse to give up the easiest finds for (...)
It is, believe me.

Redria > Skyly for first characters.
I agree on that, though.

Armok
Jun 1, 2004, 03:15 PM
Chainsawb and red swords are skylys aim in life. Although outside on ult caves skyly kinda struggles for form.

The Staple Hucast equipment I would say is

Decent Sword Type (skyly)
Decent Mechgun type (purpleum/redria)
God Battle (redria)
God Arm/Power (many)

Ketchup345
Jun 1, 2004, 03:21 PM
On 2004-06-01 13:15, Armok wrote:

God Battle (redria)
God Arm/Power (many)

Redria's only rare Mechguns are the Red Mechs, which is RAnger only. You probably ment Whitill.

Also, there is no Double Saber up there (I would say Whitill for Meteor Cudgel or Redria for Demo Comet and Lavis Cannon). Some people prefer Handguns over Mechguns, or one of each (such as a Red Hangun and/or a L&K14 Combat).

Armok
Jun 1, 2004, 03:31 PM
On 2004-06-01 13:21, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-06-01 13:15, Armok wrote:

God Battle (redria)
God Arm/Power (many)

Redria's only rare Mechguns are the Red Mechs, which is RAnger only. You probably ment Whitill.

Also, there is no Double Saber up there (I would say Whitill for Meteor Cudgel or Redria for Demo Comet and Lavis Cannon). Some people prefer Handguns over Mechguns, or one of each (such as a Red Hangun and/or a L&K14 Combat).

Yer Whitills good too I would say you really ideally want a Whitill/Skyly/Purpleum/Redria to get everything a good hucast needs.

Skyly also gets demo off Pouilly slime which aint too rare a sight on Addictive foods if you bother to split em.