PDA

View Full Version : Help nintendo.

Shar
May 30, 2004, 06:32 AM
Yesterday Zelda WW got owned by Starcraft. Thanks to all those koreans who are very addictive to that game. Today the poll is SSBM vs. FFX. Anyway, don't let Starcraft nor one of the FF games win.(of course, except if you like that game, I don't want to change minds)
Gamefaqs.com is the place where you have to vote. Don't forget Zelda OoT will get some hard times against the beloved FFVII, just like every other game against starcraft. Vote now! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SpikeOtacon
May 30, 2004, 06:45 AM
Simply put: no.
Longer, more scientific answer: expers-pertis.

Look, GameFAQ is not a board many members here like nor care about. It is run by people who have the IQ of a goldfish cracker, and is often compared to G4 in it's sheer stupidity. I don't care WHAT Zelda: Wind Waker lost to. Oh wait, did you say starcraft? Let me tell you something. Trying to compare games with THAT much in common is like trying to compare Super Star Wars to Custer's Revenge. You just CAN'T do it. So screw what they say.

Madzozs
May 30, 2004, 08:31 AM
No its not on the board. They did a contest a while back to send in your 3 votes for best game ever. They took the most common, put them in a hat, and randomly teamed them up. Everyday, they put a new match up and you vote for your favorite of the two. It isn't like they are comparing the games. It's just "Which of the 2 do you like better?"

Ness
May 30, 2004, 08:37 AM
Honestly, why do people think Gamefaqs is so important? It's like the MTV of the gaming world: crappy and overated. "OH NOES ZELDA GOT OWNED BY GTA ON A FORUM POLL AT GAMEFAQS!!!!" It's not the end of the world if some people on a forum like one game more than another. Nintendo is not going to file for bankruptcy just because a bunch of kids with the combined IQ of pear like Final Fantasy better than Mario.

Armok
May 30, 2004, 08:49 AM
I never vote for anything there. I would do but GFAQ has lost its edge.

Armok
May 30, 2004, 08:52 AM
Oh and before I forget Zelda WW was rubbish and doesnt deserve to even be in a Best Game ever contest. It only got good scores cos of websites being to scared to give it a bad one due to fan boy backlash. A total step back for the series.

-Tirith
May 30, 2004, 09:18 AM
you guys are far too passionate about this...

Armok
May 30, 2004, 09:21 AM
Passionate

That contest is rubbish. The games in the semis are like zelda 1-5 versus any final fantasy. Stop voting based on a name fan boys zelda WW was rubbish FFX was rubbish and how on earth did goldeneye go out. That website is over run with geek 13year old fan boys. I bet the percent of the ppl who voted for Zelda 1 aint even bloody played it.

Shar
May 30, 2004, 09:49 AM
I know it doesn't affect a thing, the contest. But it's just that a lot of fanboys keep voting for their top game. And will call help from every site they can find. I only put this topic on this site, because from what I saw it seems like the people on this site are acting more mature. I just asked for help to learn those fanboys a lesson... if you don't want to vote, then don't do it.

Armok
May 30, 2004, 09:59 AM
Ok I voted you happy now.

SpikeOtacon
May 30, 2004, 10:14 AM
On 2004-05-30 07:49, Shar wrote:
I know it doesn't affect a thing, the contest. But it's just that a lot of fanboys keep voting for their top game. And will call help from every site they can find. I only put this topic on this site, because from what I saw it seems like the people on this site are acting more mature. I just asked for help to learn those fanboys a lesson... if you don't want to vote, then don't do it.

The day gameFAQ and G4 die will be when fanboys learn a lesson. Until then, us 'voting' does no good.

Shar
May 30, 2004, 10:29 AM
The day gameFAQ and G4 die will be when fanboys learn a lesson. Until then, us 'voting' does no good.

I know, but they will be suprised and disapointed when their favorite game lost.
Poor enough they will stay fanboys, you are right with that.
And for the last time...You don't have to vote

SpikeOtacon
May 30, 2004, 10:37 AM
On 2004-05-30 08:29, Shar wrote:

And for the last time...You don't have to vote

I never said I was going to. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blue-Hawk
May 30, 2004, 11:17 AM
When will people realize that there can never be a 'best game ever'?
There will always be other games that will take it's place. There can only be one. They say MGS *which blew*, FFX *which also blew*, Starcraft *which both sucked AND blew*, but they never include the real good, low budget, low publicity games that were released.
Examples given that they would NEVER put are as follows-
Dragon Warrior series
Wizardry series
Serious Sam
Unreal
Quake
Doom
Might and Magic series
Soul Calibur 1 or 2

Face it. Those people wouldn't know a good game if it bit them on the ass. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Note- they also forgot one of the most awarded games ever created- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic- a damn good game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Like I said, there can never be a 'best game ever'.

lain2k3
May 30, 2004, 11:32 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif its nice to see blue hawk back in town.

And yes GFAQs is the WORST game site on the internet.

Look at their pso board.

There has not been an intelligent topic there since march '02.

Blue-Hawk
May 30, 2004, 11:50 AM
On 2004-05-30 09:32, lain2k3 wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif its nice to see blue hawk back in town.

And yes GFAQs is the WORST game site on the internet.

Look at their pso board.

There has not been an intelligent topic there since march '02.

Awww. I didn't know I was missed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
As for the Gamefaqs PSO board... There was an intelligent post there? Where was I when it happened?!

lain2k3
May 30, 2004, 12:31 PM
In march '02, people we trying to use game data to prove drop rates for V.2.

It was a good attempt, but they just kinda quit after a while.

and yes, any older members will be missed when they leave. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ness
May 30, 2004, 01:39 PM
On 2004-05-30 07:49, Shar wrote:

Why does it matter so much to you? It's just some lame contest made up by a lame group to people to cater to an even lamer audience. I don't think the fanboys seeing their game lose will really effect them that much, or do you just want their game to lose for personal gratification. If the latter is the case, there are far easier ways to gratify yourself than making sure fanboys of a certain game lose a contest.

Outrider
May 30, 2004, 01:45 PM
Reading this topic is making me want to bang my head against a wall repeatedly.

Ness
May 30, 2004, 01:50 PM
On 2004-05-30 11:45, Outrider wrote:
Reading this topic is making me want to bang my head against a wall repeatedly.

I don't know, man, this is kind of fun.

Guile
May 30, 2004, 02:10 PM
Koreans? Owned? Voting? What the fuck?

Ness
May 30, 2004, 02:16 PM
On 2004-05-30 12:10, Guile wrote:
Koreans? Owned? Voting? What the fuck?

You lost me there, partner.

Back on the subject at hand, what is the point of making such a contest? There is no one "best game."

Dangerous55
May 30, 2004, 02:48 PM
On 2004-05-30 12:16, Ness wrote:

Back on the subject at hand, what is the point of making such a contest? There is no one "best game."

Because non-idiots realize that it is fun to see who will win a contest like this. The contest can be fun if you are not a moron and will not cry about how "Mario beat FF when clearly FF is the best game on Earth."

Ness
May 30, 2004, 02:51 PM
On 2004-05-30 12:48, Dangerous55 wrote:

Because non-idiots realize that it is fun to see who will win a contest like this. The contest can be fun if you are not a moron and will not cry about how "Mario beat FF when clearly FF is the best game on Earth."

I will buy you burger at McDonalds if you can find me a non-idiot at Gamefaqs*.

*I know that not everyone there is an idiot and that's why I made a bet that I won't have to follow through with.

Skett
May 30, 2004, 03:17 PM
One, I'm glad that Starcraft won because, in my opinion, Starcraft is better than Wind Waker.

Two, SSBM will likely own FFX so don't worry.

Three, stop bashing G4! I get enough of this from 1Up.com, IGN, Lunar.net, G4tv.com (yes, even their own forum). And GameFAQs is a respectible site with great information on games.

Now go away.

Armok
May 30, 2004, 03:40 PM
On 2004-05-30 12:51, Ness wrote:
I will buy you burger at McDonalds if you can find me a non-idiot at Gamefaqs*.

*I know that not everyone there is an idiot and that's why I made a bet that I won't have to follow through with.

I used to post on the gamefaqs board but only because at the time I was quite new to message boards and couldnt figure how to properly register for pso world ( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif the shame)

I know where you live as well Ness so I be round for that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Ness
May 30, 2004, 06:01 PM
On 2004-05-30 13:17, Skett wrote:

Three, stop bashing G4! I get enough of this from 1Up.com, IGN, Lunar.net, G4tv.com (yes, even their own forum). And GameFAQs is a respectible site with great information on games.

Now go away.

Well the IGN messageboards aren't that good either, but Gamefaqs is the worst of the worst.

SpikeOtacon
May 30, 2004, 06:14 PM

I'll stop, after they get rid of Tommy Tallarico and the other shitty shows they have. Although thier complete and utter destruction would be better.
Oh, and GameFAQs as a site is OK, but the Forums and idiots that lurk the forums bring it down. A LOT.

Dangerous55
May 30, 2004, 06:32 PM
On 2004-05-30 16:01, Ness wrote:

Well the IGN messageboards aren't that good either, but Gamefaqs is the worst of the worst.

I must be going to the good boards on their cause it isnt nearly as bad as you say it is.

Ness
May 30, 2004, 08:48 PM
On 2004-05-30 16:32, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2004-05-30 16:01, Ness wrote:

I must be going to the good boards on their cause it isnt nearly as bad as you say it is.

Maybe your expectations are lower.

Dangerous55
May 30, 2004, 09:13 PM
On 2004-05-30 18:48, Ness wrote:

Maybe yours are too high, after all you are a God.

RuneLateralus
May 31, 2004, 03:03 AM
Ok, settle down.

Personally, I am glad StarCraft won. After all, didn't Zelda win the last three years? Let some other game get a title.

Ness
May 31, 2004, 07:55 AM
On 2004-05-30 19:13, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2004-05-30 18:48, Ness wrote:

Maybe yours are too high, after all you are a God.

I must admit that by having PSOW as my first messageboard, my stanards were set a bit higher than most.

Dangerous55
May 31, 2004, 10:58 AM
On 2004-05-31 05:55, Ness wrote:

I must admit that by having PSOW as my first messageboard, my stanards were set a bit higher than most.

Eh, there pretty much the same, at least now they are.

Ness
May 31, 2004, 11:13 AM
On 2004-05-31 08:58, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2004-05-31 05:55, Ness wrote:

Eh, there pretty much the same, at least now they are.

Quite honestly, depsite its shortocmings this is the best board I've ever visited

Armok
May 31, 2004, 11:36 AM
Yes GFAQ ppl see the ppl on here as snobs. I see them more as the filtered and refined elite taken from other boards.

Para
May 31, 2004, 12:37 PM
This reminds me of the Gamespy poll.

What I find hilarious of this poll is that there are fucking four zelda games in it and a shot where the Zelda series can knock off all the competition besides itself.

Akdov
May 31, 2004, 02:38 PM

Three, stop bashing G4! I get enough of this from 1Up.com, IGN, Lunar.net, G4tv.com (yes, even their own forum).

I didn't care much for G4 one way or the other. But when they merged with TechTV I was really angered Because of G4's lack of good humor and sophistication. And I really disagree with thier opinions.