PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz

PrinceBrightstar
May 30, 2004, 10:33 PM
What is Dark Falz against Dark Force?

PrinceBrightstar
May 30, 2004, 10:34 PM
I'm just trying to confirm this against something I learned a while back on the forums. I want your opinions on the matter.

lain2k3
May 30, 2004, 10:44 PM
Judging from screenshots Ive seen, Id have to say translation error, they look 00ber-similar.

Blobglobual
May 30, 2004, 11:07 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about...

lain2k3
May 30, 2004, 11:26 PM
On 2004-05-30 21:07, Blobglobual wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about...

Then why in fucks name did you post?

I see that dark force seems to take more appearances than pso falz, but I stand by my original opinion.

PJ
May 30, 2004, 11:40 PM
I think I read in some player's guide that Dark Falz was just another form of Dark Force... and Dark Force had like 11 different forms spread across the 4 PS games... so I guess a translation error @_@

Still, Dark Falz somehow sounds cooler than Dark Force

EJ
May 30, 2004, 11:53 PM
I think they are the same being so a translation is my guess but the game doesn't give enough info for Dark Falz history so I'm guessing it a error http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

PrinceBrightstar
May 31, 2004, 12:46 AM
Tell me, didn't PS1's Dark Falz seem like a pushover compared to PS2-4's Dark Force?

A while back I read this whole theory on how Dark Falz's are more like Baby Dark Forces in that they didn't have as much power as a Dark Force.

For example, in PS2, he could make your own characters go evil. But does that happen in PSO? No. I'm trying to see if anyone believes in this theory.

The other arguement that supports this theory is that in PS4, when you were in the last area of The Edge, there was a creature you ran into that looked just like Dark Falz of PS1. Coincidence? I think not
(pics taken from Wolfgang's PS page.)

http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com/psiv-web/enemies/prophallus1.gif http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com/psiv-web/enemies/ps1-df.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-05-30 22:50 ]</font>

Para
May 31, 2004, 12:24 PM
It took me awhile to understand what you were saying John but after while I finally see what you mean...

I thought you mean Dark Falz Vs Dark Force or something lol...

Anyways I think Dark Falz is seperate from Dark Force//Profound Darkness...

If Profound Darkness did really die then Dark Falz should not be able to regenerate and become a threat in the next thousand years since the source of Dark Falz is destroyed.

It could be possible that Dark Falz did spawn from profound darkness and became an entity more of itself (evolved to be another profound darkness?)

As for making people evil, maybe the soul possession Dark Falz does is a lesser version of profound darkness' .
Or controlling people was just a gimmick?
Remember the guy(Seth?) in the warrior temple or something and he transformed into a Dark Force. PSIV

Anyways I guess SEGA called him Dark Falz to keep him somewhat seperate from PS because it MIGHT ruin PSIV's ending in a sense (or how the story was supposed to be focused over the PS planets and not anywhere else). However the similarities are there.

Interestingly enough Dimenians have the form similar to Dark Falz' Real form.

As terms that Dark Falz dont have as much power, maybe SEGA's budget didnt allow them to give him more power or more skills? Or maybe SEGA was satisfied? Or maybe SEGA got lazy? Dark Falz is pretty damn powerful already since he killed everyone on Pioneer 1.

Mixfortune
May 31, 2004, 02:11 PM
I'm thinking it may be a translation error or inconsistency of Daakufarusu. Depending on the way you look at it (L/R, S/Z), you can come up with various different translations, Dark Force, Dark Falz, etc.

At least it wasn't something like Dac Farz.

King_Rappy
May 31, 2004, 08:47 PM
The Dark Falz you face was probably sealed in the shi before the PD was killed. They wrote about the millenium cycle, and he couldn't literally respawn. He tried to, by creating the germ, which would eventually form into him again.