Pages : [1] 2

IceBlink
Mar 8, 2002, 05:11 PM
Currently being implemented.

Sticky topics.
Spam control - 30 seconds before every post
Deleted users - fix to not screw up forums
Fix empty thread bug
Possible deletion of Petitions forum... is it needed?

Anyone else wanna get your word in? Please make sensible suggestions. Thanks. :O Replies will be considered and possibly used.

*hears shouts to update the FAQs* Er...

TSFO-SnAPPLE
Mar 8, 2002, 05:16 PM
Fix getting spammed by the pso-world bot when the first message in a thread is edited (poor baru`bary got owned by that).

Can you see the date of the last login of members? Have fun cleaning up the dead users :X

Celestial
Mar 8, 2002, 05:19 PM
yea petitions should be deleted thats a good idea!

IceBlink
Mar 8, 2002, 05:34 PM
The PSOworld bot belongs to someone in the channel... you'll have to take it up with that person. ^_^;

Kasera
Mar 8, 2002, 05:54 PM
Down with petitions!

Castelak
Mar 8, 2002, 06:30 PM
Fire that bum Casty! Err wait nevermind... I think we should eliminate mag, section ID, and quest... that stuff could go in general. Also, cheaters could also go... seriously, we all know abou them, so why announce every lil cheater? A minor issue would be to open the forum index in another window, but that's just my personal taste. ^^;

Oh yeah... another thing is I think all the users should be allowed a custom avatar after 30 or so posts, make the people happy ;p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Castelak on 2002-03-08 15:39 ]</font>

IceBlink
Mar 8, 2002, 06:39 PM
Hmmm... but when the accounts start working again, people new to PSO on Cube and Xbox will wanna know all this. O_O So... I vote we keep it in. ^_^;

We need a Non-PSO Gaming forum. :O

Saladwood
Mar 8, 2002, 06:47 PM
hey blinky. quit stealing my ideas and not crediting me huh?

IceBlink
Mar 8, 2002, 06:50 PM
Well, you wouldn't post! ^_^ Oh fine, some of the ideas belonged to Salad, so three cheers. ^_^

Saladwood
Mar 8, 2002, 06:53 PM
some huh?

Lifter
Mar 8, 2002, 07:05 PM
On 2002-03-08 15:30, Castelak wrote:
Oh yeah... another thing is I think all the users should be allowed a custom avatar after 30 or so posts, make the people happy ;p

Keitaro errr i mean Cast has a good point there!

also i think once the new versions come out you should have a DC section and a Xbox & GC section that way people wont get confused if someone asks a question reguarding PSO.

Ash1ey
Mar 8, 2002, 07:19 PM
yeah petitions section is pretty useless, i mean the petitions usually dont work... maybe you could also add a notification message that tells you when you have a new PM? oh and maybe a thing that tells you who's online

Click my sig to goto a friendly community and great website.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2002-03-08 16:28 ]</font>

MarkXIII
Mar 8, 2002, 08:14 PM
Half that is stuff i said you should do last August but anyways.... Nice to see progress at least. I would say time for some new avatars, maybe non PSO related ones an the ability to have your own. Maybe delete all those back pages so you dont have to lock up threads cuz somebody bumped up a 3 month old topic. Seems silly to have them there if nobody can use them.

IceBlink
Mar 9, 2002, 02:29 AM
Things done last night (GMT)/this evening(EST/PST/whatever):

- Fixed new user accounts and changed passwords for old users.
- Added spam control. (Users aren't allowed to post until 30 seconds after their previous post.)
- Fixed accidentally deleted users posts' from breaking any forum topic. The post is still shown, and the username is shown as "Deleted Member".
- Strengthed IP banning utility to allow IP range bans.
- HTML abuse of the location field stopped.

*yawns and collapses* X_x no more rock candy...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2002-03-08 23:36 ]</font>

watashiwa
Mar 9, 2002, 02:40 AM
*realizes he hasn't posted in this thread and uses this time to do so*

Yep, we both need some rest right about now. :P

More additions and fixes to come, people.

Yawn.

*passes out for the night*

ABDUR101
Mar 9, 2002, 02:58 AM
o_O
Iceblink needs sleep, he repeated himself afew times..

As for ideas. I like the custom avatar idea.

Petitions should really go, it accomplishes nothing and usually leads to flames. And ultimately, its THE biggest waste of space on the site.

Really all the other forums should stay, because as new people come to PSOW they will need to know the stuff, just like we did.

As for being notified of when you have a PM. I don't know. I think it works ok how it is, maybe just the ability to see the NEW PM's in a new pop up window when you click the link? I have over 200 pm's and I want them kept, but I have to hit the stop button after the PM page loads alittle bit or it takes a while.

Different sections for DC/PC/X-box/GC ?? No way, that would be like modding three more PSOW's. Everyone that posts will have to specify what they are playing on. It would be too much trouble, and its easier to say "For GC blah blah".

Custom titles as well, I say 100 posts would be a good target needed for a custom title.

And I'm wondering, when PSOW goes down, it gives two-three different error messages. Is it due to maintenance(its been happening alot this week) or just the server itself? I take it its just the server.

I'll think some more ideas over..gotta be more ways to improve this site.

A big thank you to the people working to make it better than it already is.

Kent
Mar 9, 2002, 03:06 AM
Or how about a small picture that says what platform of PSO it's relating to?

Like a little green 'X' or something for Xbox version, purple 'GC' for GameCube etc..

pixelate
Mar 9, 2002, 04:06 AM
How about the Inbox log-in error.

Or giving users the option of having cookies placed on their computers, not automatically.

Gryph
Mar 9, 2002, 05:21 AM
Another board I go to when you load a new page a window will popup if you have a new pm. Really useful, and alows people who don't have aim or anything to comunicate in almost real time while still looking at the board.

watashiwa
Mar 9, 2002, 12:02 PM
Just fixed the poll comments bug. ;)

Now it doesn't always post as anonymous.

BTW, your suggestions have been noted.

eRUPT
Mar 9, 2002, 12:23 PM
What about the PSOWorld bot? the PSOWorld bot is mine whats your prob with it multiple personality person?

IceBlink
Mar 9, 2002, 12:37 PM
On 2002-03-08 23:58, ABDUR101 wrote:
o_O
Iceblink needs sleep, he repeated himself afew times..

Yeah, but I woke up enough to edit my mistakes out!

As for ideas. I like the custom avatar idea.

Problem is, people will abuse it somehow. o_O Hmmm...

Petitions should really go, it accomplishes nothing and usually leads to flames. And ultimately, its THE biggest waste of space on the site.

Agreed. See what everyone else thinks first. ^_^

Really all the other forums should stay, because as new people come to PSOW they will need to know the stuff, just like we did.

New forums could be considered... dunno yet.

As for being notified of when you have a PM. I don't know. I think it works ok how it is, maybe just the ability to see the NEW PM's in a new pop up window when you click the link? I have over 200 pm's and I want them kept, but I have to hit the stop button after the PM page loads alittle bit or it takes a while.

Hmmm... perhaps if they were indexed a little differently, and the font was on a smaller scale... as well as pop-up...

Different sections for DC/PC/X-box/GC ?? No way, that would be like modding three more PSOW's. Everyone that posts will have to specify what they are playing on. It would be too much trouble, and its easier to say "For GC blah blah".

Hmmm. So, in the future, have the same, but maybe some icon to seperate them on the same board?

Custom titles as well, I say 100 posts would be a good target needed for a custom title.

Make custom titles have to be approved by moderators first... don't need profanity-based titles everywhere... o_O

And I'm wondering, when PSOW goes down, it gives two-three different error messages. Is it due to maintenance(its been happening alot this week) or just the server itself? I take it its just the server.

Mostly the server. o_O Gamespy... bleah. ^_^;

I'll think some more ideas over..gotta be more ways to improve this site.

A big thank you to the people working to make it better than it already is.

There's still lots of ways to improve.. heh.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 9, 2002, 01:14 PM
How about making a section where you can download the quests. Ive been spending ages trying to find them on the web, but its almost impossible.
And quest guides or something for the downloads.
Petitions should go, its just a place for people to spam. And rants seems a waste of time to.

You could also make me the PSOW god, and i can rule over all of you, bwahahahaha. Um...scratch that last one.

Emeralda
Mar 9, 2002, 02:06 PM
How about is you like summarize the pages thing. Especially in General.

It goes to like page 250 or something like that.

How about that thing where it goes

<< 1, 2, 3, ... 250 >>

Instead of being huge, ugly, and generally made to **** (Edit: tick) Emeralda off?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Emeralda on 2002-03-09 11:08 ]</font>

Ash1ey
Mar 9, 2002, 02:49 PM
how about some emotion icons?

Shrevn
Mar 9, 2002, 02:54 PM
I clearly posted a whole topic
about this. i hope my ideas
do get heard and yest not get
stolen by others.
i also would like to add people
with 2 or 3 usernames decide on
one and stick with it.
and ya know how to know when
someone is usin diff names.
CUT OUT THE OLD TOPICS
also stated on my topic about
what had to be fixed on the site.

just trying to be heard.

-murph

Rhete
Mar 9, 2002, 03:27 PM
Allow html in edited posts so sigs dont always break!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhete on 2002-03-09 12:29 ]</font>

watashiwa
Mar 9, 2002, 04:15 PM
Just finished adding in indexing for private messages.

This makes it much easier to read PMs, especially for those of us who have 289 PMs in their Inbox. (Like me. -_-;)

eRUPT
Mar 10, 2002, 02:06 AM
Fixed the Click "Here" Button when you post in a thread to actually return you to the page your thread is on.
Enjoy.

-eR!

watashiwa
Mar 10, 2002, 02:15 AM
Very nice, eRUPT. I might change it so it auto-redirects, though. Perhaps after 3 or 5 seconds.

Alisha
Mar 10, 2002, 04:49 AM
can you add an option to disable flash sigs

watashiwa
Mar 10, 2002, 05:03 PM
Sure, Flash one is easy.

I just implemented sticky topics into PSOW.

For those who don't know what sticky topics are, they're topics which will ALWAYS stay at the top of the forum. Useful for rules, announcements and such. They don't need to be bumped up.

Edit: Test test. -_-;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-03-10 18:12 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Mar 10, 2002, 05:06 PM
Im guessing the sticky thing can only be done by mods then. Imagine the mayhem in off topic if Abdur or someone got hold of it...
What about the download section then? And the making me god? Lol.

watashiwa
Mar 10, 2002, 07:23 PM
Okay, just made it make PSOW automatically return you to the last page of a topic after you make a post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-03-10 18:11 ]</font>

Greg
Mar 10, 2002, 08:24 PM
Add a Send New message link in the PM box. As of now the only way to send is by reply or from a profile/topic.

watashiwa
Mar 10, 2002, 08:36 PM
On 2002-03-10 17:24, Gally001 wrote:
Add a Send New message link in the PM box. As of now the only way to send is by reply or from a profile/topic.

Done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-03-10 18:09 ]</font>

watashiwa
Mar 10, 2002, 09:13 PM
.. just fixed it so that editing your posts doesn't fuck up an HTML signature now. :)

Emeralda
Mar 10, 2002, 09:26 PM
On 2002-03-10 17:36, watashiwa wrote:
Done.

OMG!!! He's a miracle worker! He can wave his hand at seas of problems and make them dissapear! He can look funny at glitches and make them cower in fear! Flick his finger and change the world!!!

Some changes I'd like to see: a winning lottery ticket (for me), all of Bill Gates money (again, for me), my own massive company, and a really good brain (for me --;). ^_^;

..Okay.. anyway, enough of that ^_^;

Seriously, though. How about making it so that it doesn't say that a message has been edited? Sometimes, I make a lot of spelling errors, and I have to edit it several times.. maybe? ^_^; (Edit: Or at least so that it only has an edited thing once. Like "Last edited" instead of an edit message for each time)

Kinda controversial, I guess somepeople might not want it, but it might save some of us some ultra-typo embarassment. I make enough typos in chatrooms --;

Or how about the Search feature? I don't think it works --;

Oh.. and when you edit posts, it still takes you to page one of the topic. Instead of pack to the page you were viewing when you edited. *shrugs*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Emeralda on 2002-03-10 18:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Emeralda on 2002-03-10 18:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Emeralda on 2002-03-10 18:43 ]</font>

Greg
Mar 10, 2002, 10:42 PM
That is a bad thing to remove. People could edit your stuff with no proof. However Admins could always just edit the post cgi file so I guess that is somewhat moot.

Parn
Mar 11, 2002, 12:10 AM
Whatever you do, please don't add emoticons. They're ugly, annoying, and they screw up the layout of text when the emoticon is larger than the board text font. Just a humble request.

Another idea is personal avatars. It's not THAT important, but I think it'd be a very welcome feature.

YOU SHALL BE ASS GODS

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2002-03-10 21:16 ]</font>

eRUPT
Mar 11, 2002, 12:39 AM
You should be returning to the correct page where you post is. Also fixed the ghost topics from showing up and as well made some fixes to stop wrongly paged threads (report any threads that show up in the forum list wrongly as we have to sorta fix those as they come, can't run a mass process on this db ;( )

uhmmmm dunno what else I fixed kinda been rewriting alot of things you guys don't use(admin functions)

Oh well sleep now..

-eR!

eRUPT
Mar 11, 2002, 12:43 AM
Or how about the Search feature? I don't think it works --;

Heh this would probably result in forums dying of slowness.

Gradius
Mar 11, 2002, 01:35 AM
On 2002-03-10 16:23, watashiwa wrote:
Okay, just made it make PSOW automatically return you to the last page of a topic after you make a post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-03-10 18:11 ]</font>

I really like that. By my calculations it saves about 10-20 seconds of my usual day. ;[

ITO
Mar 11, 2002, 01:37 AM
I dont know if anyone already said this, but I think all users, Or at least users with a custom title, Should be allow to have a custom avatar after a certain amount of posts. Like I said, I dont know if anyone said this already, I did not read the whole topic. ^_^ ...

Umm, I had another thing in mind, But I dont remember, I will fill you guys in tomorrow if I remember! ... :o

MarkXIII
Mar 11, 2002, 02:21 AM
Howabout making the three most commonly used sections go 1,2,3 in the Forum Index? So something like
1)General
2)Off Topic
3)Fan Works
???
Better yet when im in General an want to go read Off Topic an use the section selector, why do i have to hit the damn GO button? Make it automatic....please? 2 more requests then im done for the day. New themes, THAT WORK. (wasnt there a problem with certain people using certain themes?) and also new images to select for your header. Im sick of looking at the same ones. Only a couple good looking ones anyway an the one im using isnt centered. (god forbid!!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MarkXIII on 2002-03-10 23:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MarkXIII on 2002-03-10 23:27 ]</font>

MarkXIII
Mar 11, 2002, 02:30 AM
On 2002-03-10 21:39, eRUPT wrote:
You should be returning to the correct page where you post is.
-eR!

If you do it after editing your post it doesnt seem to work.

eRUPT
Mar 11, 2002, 12:01 PM
Ok how about this fun one. I fixed all the forum search boxes and added a link in the Left community block to perform a more detailed forum search. I will be adding more features to the detail'd search when I get back from lunch. Enjoy!
;)

-eR!

War_Child
Mar 11, 2002, 12:18 PM
A "who's online feature"

I've seen several boards use this. When someone logs in, their name is added to a little section at the bottom of a page (Best place would be under the "new topic" button in a forum. Just an idea, since all the good ones were already said :x

LollipopLolita
Mar 11, 2002, 12:59 PM
if we have a who's online feature, can we have a choice to not display our name, so it just says member?

eRUPT
Mar 11, 2002, 01:07 PM
Board used to have a who's online it was horribly slow and inaccurate though. I believe watashiwa had fixed a similar problem on another board so I'm sure we can do.

Either way I'll look into it now.

-eR!

watashiwa
Mar 11, 2002, 03:23 PM
Just implemented another small fix.

You no longer get owned for editing the first post of a topic that you created.

By owned, I mean having PSOW send you an e-mail every time a reply is posted regardless of whether or not you checked the setting or not. Previously there was no way to turn it off and it ever-so-nicely automatically enabled itself for you.

Anyway, that's been stopped. It doesn't automatically enable itself for you, and when enabled you can simply turn it off by editing the first post again as it should be.

Lifter
Mar 11, 2002, 03:46 PM
thank god. i checked my mail box last nigth and i had almost 100 e-mails from PSOW fourms.

pixelate
Mar 11, 2002, 07:31 PM
How about polls?

ITO
Mar 12, 2002, 02:26 AM
On 2002-03-11 16:31, pixelate wrote:
How about polls?

That would be nice, but I bet people would abuse of it. And probably too many pointless polls will be created like " What should I wear tomorrow " .. Nice Idea though.

pixelate
Mar 12, 2002, 03:32 AM
On 2002-03-11 23:26, ITO wrote:
That would be nice, but I bet people would abuse of it. And probably too many pointless polls will be created like " What should I wear tomorrow " .. Nice Idea though.

That's why there are mods.

Larian
Mar 12, 2002, 11:47 AM
IceBlink Said:

Sticky topics.
I like those...They are fun!!

IceBlink Again:

Possible deletion of Petitions forum
Yeah...its kinda stupid no offence!!

Castelak Said!!

I think we should eliminate mag, section ID, and quest... that stuff could go in general.
I like that too

Casty Again:

Oh yeah... another thing is I think all the users should be allowed a custom avatar after 30 or so posts, make the people happy
I think the Custom Title thing would be more fun!! I know it is on OH!

I think maybe there can be seprate sections for the DC, PC, Xbox, and GC, PSO's...its a lot, but it could be cool!!

And...I would love to rip out like 600 pages of the member list!! Who the hell are all those people anyway!! maybe they can get automaticly deleted when there is like at least a few months on inactivity...unless the mods know about it!!

Also, main page updates!! Get rid of that stupid "Buy V2" picture...and maybe update the pictures(i wannna be in the site). And the contributers(I know I gave you guys some money!! =D)

Um...some other stuff too! I gotta go but i'll post when I think of them!

FinalMasterM
Mar 12, 2002, 12:13 PM
Bah, only thing I can think of, that hasn't been said, is more forum themes. I'm either using the default of the blue/grey with the RAcast at the top.

Also, I vote for custom ava and titles. I've been to many forums with them and haven't really seen anyone abuse them. Either that or more avas to pick from. (Mr. Force to my left is getting tired of that pose >.<)

Larian
Mar 12, 2002, 12:20 PM
Another thing...If you ever need any help with the site, nomatter how small, I am willing to help you guys out. PSOW was my first home and I would really like to help make a change. Also, When I have extra cash I love to waste it!! Even ask Gally, He knows! And I finally got out of that goddamn management job! So I have lots of times on my hands as of late. My new job isn't so involved. The only draw back is that I had to say goodbye to my $700+ paychecks!!

eRUPT
Mar 12, 2002, 01:36 PM
This is great to hear all these positive comments, and when the time comes to have out gracious users help out we will definetly call upon you all. For now your best help is all the ideas to help improve the site.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 13, 2002, 10:49 AM
Quest's in the download section. I only just noticed that we HAVE one, and there is some wierd stuff in there, but still no quests. I will give you my shoes if you put the quests in there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2002-03-13 07:49 ]</font>

Balthor
Mar 13, 2002, 11:38 AM
what about vB code?its much easier to use,and new people can easily get a hold of vB,im still having probs with BB :/ plus,about that whos online feature,my other forum had a thing where it said"ONLINE"in green letters under your status,seemed like a good idea,but they took it away....anyway make custom titles!i mean if someone abuses it,then one of the mods can simply edit it right?I mean i never seen any bad custom titles on other boards,oh well thats my thoughts.

watashiwa
Mar 13, 2002, 12:27 PM
On 2002-03-13 07:49, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Quest's in the download section.

There's no point anymore. You can't put up version 2 quests online for download, they are encrypted with your serial number at download time from the PSO servers. :(

watashiwa
Mar 13, 2002, 04:27 PM
I got a little bored so I fixed the smilies on the forum. They only work for new posts or edited posts, though. ;D

Deathscythealpha
Mar 13, 2002, 04:32 PM
On 2002-03-13 09:27, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-03-13 07:49, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Quest's in the download section.

There's no point anymore. You can't put up version 2 quests online for download, they are encrypted with your serial number at download time from the PSO servers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

What, i didnt relise that. So giving Gypsy my VM's to download some quest's for me was a bit of a waste of time then.
And you cant have the shoes now.

FinalMasterM
Mar 14, 2002, 07:57 AM
I just got a great idea!! How about a clock on the boards that tells you the internet "beat" time?!

Then we could all get use to using "beat" time!!

pixelate
Mar 14, 2002, 01:53 PM
How 'bout being able to read the PMs you send?

LollipopLolita
Mar 14, 2002, 02:35 PM
you mean having a log fo the sent pm's?

pixelate
Mar 14, 2002, 02:48 PM
Yep. That way people won't have to ask people PM back their messages if they ever need to read what they sent. It could make flaming a little less confusing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2002-03-14 11:50 ]</font>

rbf2000
Mar 14, 2002, 05:04 PM
It's awsome that the forums are being fixed, but why couldn't all this stuff be done before? What's differant?

rbf2000
Mar 14, 2002, 05:48 PM
Sometimes, when I am browsing the forums, and doing other things, I forget what I am replying to. Would it be possible to show like the last 5 posts or so on the page where you type the reply? That could be pretty helpful.

Riel
Mar 14, 2002, 05:54 PM
Lol,RBF i was just going to mention that.What made me think of this also is the mistake i made this morning while replying to a topic.I wrote Abdur's name wrong because i wasnt 100% sure how he writes it.Now,his name is easy enough but when you have bigger names,like Tsusomething Ruriko(sorry Ruriko,just an example),it would be nice to see the last 5 or so post so you can get the name right.Most forums have that option..not sure if it can be done here,but it would be useful.

eRUPT
Mar 14, 2002, 06:24 PM
On 2002-03-14 14:04, rbf2000 wrote:
It's awsome that the forums are being fixed, but why couldn't all this stuff be done before? What's differant?

Whats different is Me and Watashiwa have took over the coding and we have time to add features and fix the bugs which gideon did not anymore. Plus 2 is always better then one.

IceBlink
Mar 14, 2002, 06:44 PM
On 2002-03-14 04:57, FinalMasterM wrote:
I just got a great idea!! How about a clock on the boards that tells you the internet "beat" time?!

Then we could all get use to using "beat" time!!

That usually uses some sort of java which slows down the board a lot for modem users. Think how bad it would be for DC users. o_O

eRUPT
Mar 14, 2002, 09:25 PM
- Users avatars are now clickable to their homepages.

Enjoy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rbf2000
Mar 14, 2002, 09:26 PM
Whats different is Me and Watashiwa have took over the coding and we have time to add features and fix the bugs which gideon did not anymore. Plus 2 is always better then one.

Well, kudos to you, you're doing a great job. Keep it up.

rbf2000
Mar 14, 2002, 10:52 PM
You should make it so that you can't edit a post in a thread that has been locked. It almost defeats the purpose of locking it...

watashiwa
Mar 15, 2002, 12:24 AM
Just added PM blocking on PSOW. There's a new icon under people's posts which allows you to block them or unblock them if they're already blocked.

Look for a "red" PM icon to block a user and look for a "green" PM icon to unblock them.

When a user is blocked, they cannot send you PMs.

watashiwa
Mar 15, 2002, 02:09 PM
On 2002-03-14 19:52, rbf2000 wrote:
You should make it so that you can't edit a post in a thread that has been locked. It almost defeats the purpose of locking it...

Done.

eRUPT
Mar 15, 2002, 04:39 PM
Problems with MYSTERIOUS line breaks going into your signature when editing it or when editing anything in your profile have been fixed.

rbf2000
Mar 15, 2002, 04:40 PM
Wow, it's like the pso-world genie. Just make a wish and it comes true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

watashiwa
Mar 15, 2002, 04:45 PM
I also just added PM notification. You should receive a pop up when you have a new PM on the Forum index pages as well as the front page.

rbf2000
Mar 15, 2002, 04:46 PM
On 2002-03-15 13:39, eRUPT wrote:
Problems with MYSTERIOUS line breaks going into your signature when editing it or when editing anything in your profile have been fixed.

You are my hero.

gideon
Mar 16, 2002, 01:15 PM
new forum page listing system, likie?

Balthor
Mar 16, 2002, 01:21 PM
ok I have 2 suggestions,
1:how about a feature where you type someones name in,so you can find that person?my friend signed up here a long time ago,and i dont feel like going through all those member pages

2:how about like posting all the updates on the front page? like
-PM Notify
-Homepage/avater link
-etc

i dont think everyone knows about this post in site related(thats my feeling anyway)

watashiwa
Mar 16, 2002, 02:46 PM
I love the update, gidz0r.

And to Mexican, we are going to work on at least #1 of your suggestion. Not sure about #2.

eRUPT
Mar 16, 2002, 03:04 PM
Fixed up Memberlist. Search features now available as well as the same page searching method as the forumviewer.

watashiwa
Mar 16, 2002, 06:53 PM
Alright, just coded in "Who's online" to the forum. Seems to be working okay. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

pixelate
Mar 16, 2002, 07:54 PM
On 2002-03-16 15:53, watashiwa wrote:
Alright, just coded in "Who's online" to the forum. Seems to be working okay. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Can we get the option to not be listed in the "Who's Online" when we log in?

Larian
Mar 16, 2002, 11:42 PM
Awww Pix...always trying to be mysterious and stuff!! DUDE this all like kicks ass....this place really seemed to shoot up and be like cool again!!

Larian
Mar 16, 2002, 11:50 PM
Hey!!! I just noticed something!! There are Sonic and Amy avatars...but none of Tails!!!!!!!!!! That is SOOOO not cool!!! How could you!! -=starts to sniffle=-

pixelate
Mar 17, 2002, 05:48 AM
On 2002-03-16 20:42, Larian wrote:
Awww Pix...always trying to be mysterious and stuff!!

Nah. I'm just a private, paranoid person.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 17, 2002, 09:35 AM
On 2002-03-16 15:53, watashiwa wrote:

Um, according to it, theres two Deathscythealphas logged on. I dont know whats up with that.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Mar 17, 2002, 09:41 AM
Thats just because you were active in the past 15 minutes.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Mar 17, 2002, 10:18 AM
Ok, MEMBER PERKS! Whomever donates say $10 a year through PayPal should get extra board/site stuff. You know, Custom Avitars, CUSTOM TITLES, Different Text on Custom titles, PSO movies, ect ect. I think that would be a REAL good idea. I also like the custom title thingy someone suggested. After enough posts, you should be able to change it. That's all I can think of @ the moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2002-03-17 11:18 ]</font>

watashiwa
Mar 17, 2002, 12:42 PM
When you get listed multiple times, it is not a bug.

This happens when you get dropped from your ISP or your IP address changes.

The Who's Online table is updated with user name and IP. If your IP address should change and you're still logged on, you're gunna be listed twice because you have two seperate IPs. Again, it's not a bug, it's coded this way for a reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-03-17 09:52 ]</font>

rbf2000
Mar 17, 2002, 12:47 PM
On 2002-03-17 07:18, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
Ok, MEMBER PERKS! Whomeever donates say $10 a year through PayPal should get extra board/site stuff. You know, Custom Avitars, CUSTOM TITLES, Different Text on Custom titles,
I agree with that. I donated $1 through paypal, and haven't seen anything in return. It is obvious that it is my $1 that got this whole revamp of pso-world started. But seriously, it would be a way to increase revenue.

gypsy
Mar 17, 2002, 06:13 PM
Fire that bum Casty!

I read that totally wrong...

Then spent 5 minutes laughing when I realised.

Crawurm
Mar 17, 2002, 08:48 PM
I think we should finnaly be able to have custom titles/avatars its been over a year since this site was made. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2002-03-09 09:37, IceBlink wrote:

Make custom titles have to be approved by moderators first... don't need profanity-based titles everywhere... o_O

So your saying we could of PM'd you for one and if it had no profanity or nothing dirty in it we could of gotten one?

Just asking...

Crawurm
Mar 17, 2002, 09:09 PM
Ok, MEMBER PERKS! Whomever donates say $10 a year through PayPal should get extra board/site stuff. You know, Custom Avitars, CUSTOM TITLES, Different Text on Custom titles, PSO movies, ect ect. I think that would be a REAL good idea. I also like the custom title thingy someone suggested. After enough posts, you should be able to change it. That's all I can think of @ the moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2002-03-17 11:18 ]</font>

I think thats a very bad idea, I've been to a forum that you had to pay for anything speical;cosutom avatars,speical board abilities heck even being a moderator for all the boards.(that one led to chaos, a lot of jerk like people payed for that and started using the ability to move topic's around that should not have been moved and it caused major flames and huge fights, and surprisingly they still have people go there....)

eRUPT
Mar 17, 2002, 09:15 PM
Ok added a option for hiding yourself in the whosonline listing. You go into the "Your Account" editor and its a checkbox inside the main profile box. If you don't find it working after you have set yourself as hiding activity try logging out of the account using exit in the "Your Account" page. Oh well I'm very tired and with a neat headache so have fun.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Mar 17, 2002, 11:34 PM
On 2002-03-17 18:09, Crawurm wrote:

I think thats a very bad idea, I've been to a forum that you had to pay for anything speical;cosutom avatars,speical board abilities heck even being a moderator for all the boards.(that one led to chaos, a lot of jerk like people payed for that and started using the ability to move topic's around that should not have been moved and it caused major flames and huge fights, and surprisingly they still have people go there....)

......I didn't say anything about being a mod........and they already said we couldn't have custom avitars, so why pay for them......I didn't say it had to be a necesity to pay for EVERYTHING on the board, just small extras.....

Crawurm
Mar 17, 2002, 11:47 PM
yea i know that, but i'm saying mostly about the other site i used to goto. Paying for speical stuff can be good and it can be bad.

Moo2u
Mar 18, 2002, 08:38 AM
This is chaos! Chaos I say!

So I'm gonna go to sleep. Wake me up when you make any changes...zzzzz....

Meteor
Mar 18, 2002, 01:13 PM
On 2002-03-17 15:13, gypsy wrote:

Fire that bum Casty!

I guess you read that with the English meaning of 'bum' in mind...

What did he actually mean anyway?

rbf2000
Mar 18, 2002, 05:49 PM
Can you make it so that when a post is deleted, it doesn't make the post count go down? It's really annoying when one day I have a bunch, and then the next I have like 20 less. Also, if you did that, you could delete a lot of those older threads that nobody looks at.

Or is there a way you could just archive the last 200 pages or so of threads? Just a thought.

Larian
Mar 18, 2002, 07:35 PM
On 2002-03-18 10:13, Meteor wrote:

On 2002-03-17 15:13, gypsy wrote:

Fire that bum Casty!

What did he actually mean anyway?

It was a joke, he was being sarcastic!

Crawurm
Mar 18, 2002, 09:54 PM
On 2002-03-18 14:49, rbf2000 wrote:
Can you make it so that when a post is deleted, it doesn't make the post count go down? It's really annoying when one day I have a bunch, and then the next I have like 20 less. Also, if you did that, you could delete a lot of those older threads that nobody looks at.

Or is there a way you could just archive the last 200 pages or so of threads? Just a thought.

yea if that happend I'm sure the site would be a bit faster with less pages in it and if anyone wanted to relive lost memories it could be archive'd for viewing only...

*agrees with rbf2000*

Deathscythealpha
Mar 19, 2002, 10:51 AM
Yeah, archive all the old threads. Its really wierd going to the bottom of general and seeing like nearly 300 hundred pages.

gideon
Mar 19, 2002, 02:33 PM
On 2002-03-18 14:49, rbf2000 wrote:

That's just silly. It counts the number of posts/topics in real time, why would you want it to lie and basically be saying "We've had THIS many posts ever posted on PSOW, even the crap, or the spam, or the floods, or the mistakes".

No no no.. that just won't due! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

KodiaX987
Mar 19, 2002, 03:26 PM
I'm not a forum techie but I've heard of a pruning function some forums use; it basically wipes off anything posted before such-and-such date.

The trick would be to not bring the post count down when doing a prune, but to do it when deleting some specific thread. There ya go; spams and free-posts taken care of, the post count still up for the user to enjoy! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Emeralda
Mar 19, 2002, 05:30 PM
But now you gotta ask if post count really matters.

I don't care what my post count is, or what title it gives me because of my post count. I stick around at communities because of how much I enjoy being there, not because I want bragging rights that I have more posts than other people (Not like that would ever happen ^_~)

I'd almost prefer you simply do away with post count. At least not have it show on the forum (maybe if you looked at someone's info page thingy, you could see it there)

*shrugs*

rbf2000
Mar 19, 2002, 06:38 PM
Was the font changed at this site, because all the type looks gigantic on my screen...

KodiaX987
Mar 19, 2002, 06:40 PM
Countless times I've seen people acting with post counts like holding a wolf by the ears; they don't like it but they don't dare let go! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Greg
Mar 20, 2002, 05:00 AM
On 2002-03-19 14:30, Emeralda wrote:
But now you gotta ask if post count really matters.

I don't care what my post count is, or what title it gives me because of my post count. I stick around at communities because of how much I enjoy being there, not because I want bragging rights that I have more posts than other people (Not like that would ever happen ^_~)

I'd almost prefer you simply do away with post count. At least not have it show on the forum (maybe if you looked at someone's info page thingy, you could see it there)

*shrugs*

If Killing 200+ pages of pointless topics ment dropping my postcount by 1000 then fine by me.

eRUPT
Mar 20, 2002, 08:14 AM
How does all the pages even matter anymore since the new page view style was implemented? Your screen isn't flooded with 300 page links just 9+ a select box I don't see how its any bothersome unless you enjoy surfing the web using notepad. (or lynx -source, for my fellow linux gurus)

eRUPT
Mar 20, 2002, 08:49 AM
Ok now inside the forums multi-page topics have a (Full) next to them in case you wanna just load up the whole thread instead of going page by page.

*Not for the Bandwidth Impared in alot of cases*

Greg
Mar 20, 2002, 12:33 PM
ahhh, very nice work on removing the excess pages http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Also Full is kinda cool too. Once again nice work.

Gradius
Mar 20, 2002, 04:10 PM
One word.. "Mags".
the only non character (FOnewm, RAmar, HUmar etc.) type avatars we have is a rag rappy and sonic and some other one..
we need mag and enemy avatars! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
I've always wanted a soniti. PSOZ has nice ones to ste.. i mean... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
http://psoz.myqto.com/display.php?file=mags
some like them.

kthx.

eRUPT
Mar 20, 2002, 04:56 PM
Ok I added a new option in your account settings to shut off seeing the Private Message pop-up. Go to "Your Account" and "Edit your Info" and its right under the hide activity check mark. Just uncheck it to stop the new message boxs from popping up when browsing the forum. (Don't need to logoff to activate this one)

gypsy
Mar 21, 2002, 02:02 AM

..what is the english meaning?

ABDUR101
Mar 21, 2002, 03:08 AM
American term for bum: Person living on street, unable to get a job. Which is more often than note due to his/her looks, which can't be made better until he/she has a job.

English term for bum: That from which excrement is released.

Now, for the site:
Have custom avatars/titles been considered?

And also, I noticed someone had a scrolling sig, but instead of their info in their sig scrolling, it scrolled their little task bar under their name(where you send them pm's, check info, etc). It was an accident, and I forget who it was(would'nt tell anyways since it was a mistake), but try and fix that, otherwise it might cause some slight problems.

Greg
Mar 21, 2002, 04:34 AM
Have custom avatars/titles been considered?

Most boards I visit have this. Keeping Staff assigned Titles and Avatars only causes people to get angry with staff and their friends that have titles/avatars. Just take a looks at most of the petitions and some of the rants. Allowing user defined titles/avatars would shut people up as well as make people happy. I guess there is really no good reason not to include them.

Gradius
Mar 21, 2002, 06:00 PM
On 2002-03-21 00:08, ABDUR101 wrote:
And also, I noticed someone had a scrolling sig, but instead of their info in their sig scrolling, it scrolled their little task bar under their name(where you send them pm's, check info, etc). It was an accident, and I forget who it was(would'nt tell anyways since it was a mistake), but try and fix that, otherwise it might cause some slight problems.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
I showed watashiwa that quite awhile ago and he said that it prolly would be bad to have cuz it could mess stuffs up or something I forget, andyhow.. I noticed it apon error but then I kept it for a very breif time... erm http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

rbf2000
Mar 21, 2002, 07:36 PM
what if you made the site optimized for 800x600 instead of 1024x768?

watashiwa
Mar 21, 2002, 09:20 PM
On 2002-03-21 16:36, rbf2000 wrote:
what if you made the site optimized for 800x600 instead of 1024x768?

Hmm, I use 800x600 at work and I have no problem with the website.

rbf2000
Mar 21, 2002, 09:47 PM
at 800x600
800x600 (http://members.lycos.co.uk/rbf2000/800.jpg)
vs
1024x768 (http://members.lycos.co.uk/rbf2000/1024.jpg)

when I looked at the 800 pic, it looked normal, so I uploaded the 1024 pic also (which looks normal for me) so that you could compare...

EDIT: forgot the .jpg at the end of the link http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-03-21 18:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-03-21 19:10 ]</font>

rbf2000
Mar 21, 2002, 10:03 PM
I find it interesting that they look exactly the same - must just be something with my monitor...

watashiwa
Mar 21, 2002, 10:16 PM
I made your pics links, since this thread is viewed alot.

However, the pics do look exactly the same. So I still don't see the problem. O_o;

I noticed your "Posted" and "Quotes" are extremely huge too. You must have modified your IE default font sizes which could also attribute to your messed up display.

Here's what the font sizes should look like. (http://www.pioneer2.net/scrshot.jpg)

Greg
Mar 22, 2002, 02:30 AM
Joo sux0rs... 1280X1024 beyatch...

freeposting aside, I think that valid points were made about the avatars and titles. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alisha
Mar 22, 2002, 10:22 AM
ah valid indeed but this is psow where such things are only for the l33t or those who cyber with the l33t or so ive been told http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Greg
Mar 22, 2002, 01:08 PM
On 2002-03-22 07:22, Alisha wrote:
ah valid indeed but this is psow where such things are only for the l33t or those who cyber with the l33t or so ive been told http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

My point exactly, why cause resentment over such silly things?

watashiwa
Mar 22, 2002, 01:13 PM
We'll see what we can get worked out about the avatars and titles. If we did avatars, URL linked avatars would probably not be allowed. Most likely we'd have you upload 'em through your browser as to ensure the file size is kept decent.

As far as titles, that'd be an easy implementation. I'll see what the other staff people think about it. 0_o;;

Just need to add a language and HTML filter to them when typed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

rbf2000
Mar 22, 2002, 06:55 PM
On 2002-03-14 21:24, watashiwa wrote:
Just added PM blocking on PSOW. There's a new icon under people's posts which allows you to block them or unblock them if they're already blocked.

Look for a "red" PM icon to block a user and look for a "green" PM icon to unblock them.

When a user is blocked, they cannot send you PMs.

If you block somebody from sending you PMs, do they know that you blocked them, or do they just go on thinking that their PMs are getting through?

watashiwa
Mar 22, 2002, 07:43 PM
On 2002-03-22 15:55, rbf2000 wrote:

If you block somebody from sending you PMs, do they know that you blocked them, or do they just go on thinking that their PMs are getting through?

They know.

gideon
Mar 22, 2002, 09:28 PM
Updated the sections.php (Areas) to reflect the Platform the items can be found. The current icons are temporary until better ones can be found. Also, will finish the filtering method later.

gideon
Mar 22, 2002, 10:22 PM
JChat.php also got updated with some *slightly* improved code, and *slightly* new servers. Nothing serious..

gideon
Mar 22, 2002, 11:15 PM
New sexy header thanks to Tomeeboy, it goes best with the BluBlack Theme IMO,

PSOW -> Your Account -> Select the theme -> psow-header.jpg

gideon
Mar 22, 2002, 11:51 PM
Slight variant also available, psow-header2.jpg

watashiwa
Mar 23, 2002, 02:03 AM
Added multiple page support to the private messaging system. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Now if you have an inbox with hundreds of messages, it doesn't take a long time to load up! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

rbf2000
Mar 23, 2002, 10:29 AM
On 2002-03-22 18:28, gideon wrote:
Also, will finish the filtering method later.

Does this mean that there will be custom titles?!

rbf2000
Mar 23, 2002, 10:38 AM
On 2002-03-22 20:15, gideon wrote:
New sexy header thanks to Tomeeboy, it goes best with the BluBlack Theme IMO,

PSOW -> Your Account -> Select the theme -> psow-header.jpg

Yea, it does look cool. I finally made the switch from red/black to blue/black, and I think that theme in general looks better.

gideon
Mar 23, 2002, 12:10 PM
On 2002-03-23 07:29, rbf2000 wrote:

On 2002-03-22 18:28, gideon wrote:
Also, will finish the filtering method later.

Does this mean that there will be custom titles?!

erm, no. The filtering is for "Show only items available in PSO PC" etc.

Greg
Mar 23, 2002, 12:40 PM
Why filter language in the title? One could just as eaisily put bad languae in a sig. It all seems a bit unnecessary http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

watashiwa
Mar 23, 2002, 07:29 PM
Bored, so I added avatar support to comments.php and pollcomments.php finally.

When viewing registered users' comments of news articles or polls, their avatar will be beside their user information.

Hooray!

eRUPT
Mar 25, 2002, 06:59 PM
Made search engine for item Database. Filters via keywords or platform types.

IceBlink
Mar 26, 2002, 09:10 AM
On 2002-03-23 09:40, Gally001 wrote:
Why filter language in the title? One could just as eaisily put bad languae in a sig. It all seems a bit unnecessary http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

If sig space is abused, we now have the option of switching off the sig permanently for a particular user. o_O

Emeralda
Mar 26, 2002, 10:03 AM
On 2002-03-26 06:10, IceBlink wrote:
If sig space is abused, we now have the option of switching off the sig permanently for a particular user. o_O

Oh...

Geez... that's no fun! You guys are mean! You might hurt their feelings! Make them go crazy! Make them cry!

I like it! ^_^;

Greg
Mar 26, 2002, 03:06 PM

Rather then go through the hassel of puting world filters up you could simply ban users. Besides filters are stupid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Greg
Mar 27, 2002, 03:22 PM
teehee me thinks the filters were an excuse http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Greg
Mar 28, 2002, 03:03 AM
bump

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 28, 2002, 03:25 AM
In the technical FAQ, PSO v2 officially supports BBA. (http://home.adelphia.net/~scavengera/tech02.jpg)

I've been asked multiple times where to purchase or renew the hunter's license.
First time purchase and is listed on page 6 of the manual. (https://www.dricas.com/pso/signup_top.html)
For renewing the license. (https://www.dricas.com/pso/us/purchase2.html)

Crawurm
Mar 28, 2002, 07:56 PM
On 2002-03-26 12:06, Gally001 wrote:

Rather then go through the hassel of puting world filters up you could simply ban users. Besides filters are stupid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

but wouldn't it be funny to have the same chat filter as PSO?

Greg
Mar 28, 2002, 09:08 PM
I like saying poof saturday and basement!

rbf2000
Mar 28, 2002, 11:38 PM
On 2002-03-28 18:08, Gally001 wrote:
I like saying poof saturday and basement!

Yea, PSO has some pretty ghetto filters...

(conspicous - I was suprised when that was cencered.)

EDIT: Sometimes, when people aren't looking, I write coherent sentances.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-03-28 20:40 ]</font>

watashiwa
Mar 29, 2002, 05:20 PM
Alright, Flash disabling has been added to the "Your Account" slash "Edit Your Info" section.

Have at it, guys and gals.

I've also fixed the redirection when editing your post and fixed a minor glitch with the PM block system.

When replying, it never checked the block. --; But it did work when sending a new message.

It's been corrected now, however. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

watashiwa
Mar 30, 2002, 12:09 PM
Fixed the problem with the Poll Comments and Article Comments scripts forgetting your color scheme, as well as other information, after you add a comment.

watashiwa
Mar 30, 2002, 03:35 PM
Made a small fix to the viewtopic.php file so that users who don't enter http:// at the beginning of their homepage in their profile don't have their homepage link goofed up on their avatar.

Greg
Mar 30, 2002, 03:49 PM
On 2002-03-30 12:35, watashiwa wrote:
Made a small fix to the viewtopic.php file so that users who don't enter http:// at the beginning of their homepage in their profile don't have their homepage link goofed up on their avatar.

I like when it is http://www.pso-world.com/reply.php?topic=27357&forum=6&post=271401&quote=1/www.yourpage.com lol

watashiwa
Mar 31, 2002, 08:56 PM
Added redirection when sending a private message and replying to one. It will automatically return to your inbox after the send has taken place.

watashiwa
Mar 31, 2002, 09:22 PM
Fixed the log out bug from the "Your Account" page.

No more " , welcome to PSO World! "

Greg
Mar 31, 2002, 09:33 PM
hehe that bug was funny http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

eRUPT
Apr 2, 2002, 11:03 AM
Viewing bbcode reference page fixed as well as some other pages I might not even be aware of.

Forum Search updated.
- Updated interface cosmetically
- Results recieved nice cosmetic changes.
- Added two new options for recieving unique thread results(Only one result per thread), and added a maximum results option so you don't have to pull up 200 results everytime you query.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2002-04-02 08:04 ]</font>

watashiwa
Apr 3, 2002, 12:24 AM
Woo, added new BBcode tags for you guys and girls to play with.

Use the
tags to center text.
Use the tags to shrink text.
Use the tags to underline text. (Yep, it was never there before.)
Use the tags to strikethrough text.

Enjoy it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TiaEH
Apr 3, 2002, 12:27 AM
I hate love you all!

Greg
Apr 3, 2002, 12:28 AM
On 2002-04-02 21:24, watashiwa wrote:
Woo, added new BBcode tags for you guys and girls to play with.

Use the
tags to center text.
Use the tags to shrink text.
Use the tags to underline text. (Yep, it was never there before.)
Use the tags to strikethrough text.

Enjoy it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Give us Custom titles and avatars now please http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

pixelate
Apr 3, 2002, 01:16 AM
Is this, http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/msnm.gif thing meant to work when it's clicked?

watashiwa
Apr 3, 2002, 01:26 AM
On 2002-04-02 22:16, pixelate wrote:
Is this, http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/msnm.gif thing meant to work when it's clicked?

Not really, it's supposed to show the user's profile, but that's a bit miffed. I'll fix it.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 3, 2002, 08:45 AM
Since it's hard getting people banned (besides me), how about a button similar to the "ignore pm" button that causes a user's posts to not show?

ex. Barubanana clicks on the button under watashiwa's post. From then on, all of watashiwa's posts are hidden from Barubanana's view until she is removed from a list in the account options. (mwahahaha)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaruBanana on 2002-04-03 05:48 ]</font>

eRUPT
Apr 3, 2002, 10:54 AM
Thats definetly a nice lagging feature to add to forum browsing. I don't advice on us coding it.

watashiwa
Apr 3, 2002, 01:00 PM
On 2002-04-03 07:54, eRUPT wrote:
Thats definetly a nice lagging feature to add to forum browsing. I don't advice on us coding it.

Hehe, same here. I looked at that suggestion and thought "Erm, no."

pixelate
Apr 3, 2002, 07:51 PM
Ok. Here's some weird account mating thing that happened to me with the turning flash sigs on and off.

Flash enabled. (http://www.pixeldissonance.org/flash.jpg)

Flash disabled. (http://www.pixeldissonance.org/noflash.jpg)

Maybe it's just my gimpiness. I dunno.

[Oh, and this was in the Simpson Trivia thread (for the slow ones).]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2002-04-03 16:52 ]</font>

War_Child
Apr 4, 2002, 04:09 PM
Maybe its just my PC, but

I used the red on black, with white font colours for PSOW. The lines have been filled in with red also, all of a sudden. Makes it impossible to descern between people's post, the post and the section with the person's avatar. etc. Would you be able to hcange it back? (so there are lines seperating each topic)

googles
Apr 4, 2002, 04:17 PM
On 2002-04-04 13:09, War_Child wrote:
Maybe its just my PC, but

I used the red on black, with white font colours for PSOW. The lines have been filled in with red topic)

same here..looks weird

watashiwa
Apr 4, 2002, 04:20 PM
The stupid RedBlack theme is not using the right color I defined in the damn theme file. Grr, *goes to figure out*

ABDUR101
Apr 4, 2002, 04:20 PM
Sorry, but I agree as well, these lines are making it hard to discern certain posts. I liked it alot better the way it was. o_O

watashiwa
Apr 4, 2002, 04:37 PM
They're gone! Although now alot of things look MORE generic now, but okay!

I was trying to fix the RedBlack colors, but nm now. Hehe.

googles
Apr 4, 2002, 06:15 PM
the font is smaller now >_< you should make an option to customize everything from font to the lines.

FinalMasterM
Apr 5, 2002, 12:27 AM
Custom titles/avas??

watashiwa
Apr 5, 2002, 12:56 AM
On 2002-04-04 15:15, googles wrote:
the font is smaller now >_< you should make an option to customize everything from font to the lines.

Actually, I'll see what I can do about it. I was planning on adding it anyway. I hope you didn't get offended by the NO. It was just a joke. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-04-05 09:57 ]</font>

pixelate
Apr 5, 2002, 01:03 AM
On 2002-04-04 21:27, FinalMasterM wrote:
Custom titles/avas??

Ah, holy hell. People, give it up.

Deathscythealpha
Apr 5, 2002, 06:24 AM
You got rid of the mod thing on the Forum index, now everything is all tiny a squashed together. It really freaked me out when it suddenly change last night, and its harder to spot the different forums. Maybe a couple more spaces, so there not so squashed?

watashiwa
Apr 5, 2002, 10:36 AM
On 2002-04-05 03:24, Deathscythealpha wrote:
You got rid of the mod thing on the Forum index, now everything is all tiny a squashed together.

Rhete, where are you? I owe you $20. -_-;

Rhete
Apr 6, 2002, 12:23 AM
On 2002-04-05 07:36, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-04-05 03:24, Deathscythealpha wrote:
You got rid of the mod thing on the Forum index, now everything is all tiny a squashed together.

Rhete, where are you? I owe you $20. -_-;

Sweet, I'll PM you my mailing information ^_^

Greg
Apr 6, 2002, 06:00 AM
On 2002-04-04 22:03, pixelate wrote:

On 2002-04-04 21:27, FinalMasterM wrote:
Custom titles/avas??

Ah, holy hell. People, give it up.

Actually in his defence Watashiwa did say he would code it in.

watashiwa
Apr 6, 2002, 01:41 PM
Custom titles have been implemented, go get them while they're hot from the "Your Account" menu.

Any abuse of them will have your ability to have a custom title removed.

Excessive abuse by multiple users will probably have this ability taken away from everyone.

Have a nice day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pixelate
Apr 6, 2002, 02:18 PM
On 2002-04-06 03:00, Greg wrote:
Actually in his defence Watashiwa did say he would code it in.

I know, but the subject was brought up so many other times, that I'm sure they knew people wanted them.

Greg
Apr 6, 2002, 03:16 PM
On 2002-04-06 10:41, watashiwa wrote:
Custom titles have been implemented, go get them while they're hot from the "Your Account" menu.

Excessive abuse by multiple users will probably have this ability taken away from everyone.

Have a nice day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hey buddy nice work http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ash1ey
Apr 6, 2002, 03:48 PM

cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

pixelate
Apr 6, 2002, 04:05 PM

Now for the avatar uprising!

<_<

watashiwa
Apr 6, 2002, 05:12 PM
Alright. Just implemented Personal Photo, Age, and Dislikes support into user profiles!

Personal Photos should NOT exceed 600x450 in dimensions. If we find personal photos which exceed those dimensions, we will warn said users to shrink their photo size. Abuse of this will also prevent you from being able to have a personal photo. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

For an example of the new profile, click here (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=watashiwa).

watashiwa
Apr 6, 2002, 08:09 PM
Actually, on the custom avatar situation, situation doesn't look too bright!

Custom avatars were voted down by the moderators and staff, pretty much. Not because of any elitism or anything, but it's going to be a big hassle making sure people keep their avatars appropriate as well as in the correct size, etc,.

We'd also like users to use PSO related avatars, so without custom avatars, this sort of enforces that.

We're going to be adding in alot more avatars, some were added in earlier today, so hopefully that should keep alot of you satisifed. (Hopefully. I mean, for Christ's sake, we just threw in custom titles. At least be happy about that!)

Later. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TiaEH
Apr 6, 2002, 08:43 PM
On 2002-04-06 17:09, watashiwa wrote:
Actually, on the custom avatar situation, situation doesn't look too bright!

Custom avatars were voted down by the moderators and staff, pretty much. Not because of any elitism or anything, but it's going to be a big hassle making sure people keep their avatars appropriate as well as in the correct size, etc,.

Couldn't be that hard, seeing as how, well, it's right there when they post.

watashiwa
Apr 6, 2002, 08:53 PM
On 2002-04-06 17:43, TiaEH wrote:
Couldn't be that hard, seeing as how, well, it's right there when they post.

Well, we already have a chore moderating signatures, adding avatars into the mix makes things a bit more complicated.

If we were to add avatars, it'd be doing with an upload script and due to the fact that Gamespy's server sometimes goes to hell for no apparent reason, I'd guarantee you that the upload would fail alot of times.

People abuse signatures, they'll probably abuse avatars. An avatar with extreme dimensions in the left table of the forum would jack it up a hell of alot worse than a signature.

Besides, like I said, we'd prefer most users have a PSO related avatar anyway.

TiaEH
Apr 6, 2002, 08:56 PM
*sees no PSO related avatar on any moderator or admin*

"We'd prefer our users have PSO-related avatars."

Oh, only the lowly users.

Pardon our existence.

watashiwa
Apr 6, 2002, 09:00 PM
On 2002-04-06 17:56, TiaEH wrote:

Pardon our existence.

Well, we are the moderators and the admins, and we do provide PSO World to you guys. We use our avatars to distinguish ourselves and we'd prefer the users to use PSO related avatars.

Remember, it's your privilege to post here, not your right. Whatever we decide to do as far as the forum is final and not up for you to argue or what not. If you don't like it, you're free to go elsewhere.

*.. points at the door* ^_^

P.S. You must be blind as both gideon, Castelak, IceBlink and Tomeeboy have PSO related avatars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-04-06 18:01 ]</font>

Greg
Apr 6, 2002, 09:01 PM
On 2002-04-06 17:56, TiaEH wrote:

Pardon our existence.

I don't want to start shit but TiaEH is right. None of the staff uses PSO realated material so it's kinda silly to want the users to. But like I said, I am not trying to start anything. Just making an observation.

watashiwa
Apr 6, 2002, 09:03 PM
On 2002-04-06 18:01, Greg wrote:

I don't want to start shit but TiaEH is right. None of the staff uses PSO realated material so it's kinda silly to want the users to. But like I said, I am not trying to start anything. Just making an observation.

I'll just quote something I said in the post before yours:

"P.S. You must be blind as both gideon, Castelak, IceBlink and Tomeeboy have PSO related avatars."

Read it, next time!

TiaEH
Apr 6, 2002, 09:03 PM
On 2002-04-06 18:00, watashiwa wrote:

Well, we are the moderators and the admins, and we do provide PSO World to you guys. We use our avatars to distinguish ourselves and we'd prefer the users to use PSO related avatars.

Remember, it's your privilege to post here, not your right. Whatever we decide to do as far as the forum is final and not up for you to argue or what not. If you don't like it, you're free to go elsewhere.

*.. points at the door* ^_^

You guys have that on a cut and paste document somewhere don't you?

watashiwa
Apr 6, 2002, 09:04 PM
On 2002-04-06 18:03, TiaEH wrote:

Of course, we use it for cynical users like Gally and yourself all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Greg
Apr 6, 2002, 09:11 PM
On 2002-04-06 18:04, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-04-06 18:03, TiaEH wrote:

Of course, we use it for cynical users like Gally and yourself all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cynical?!? Moi?? Personally I don't really care. I am happy with my Racaseal Avatar, it's almost custom these days http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also I am happy being Big Chief Crazy Cone! so nuuuur!!

Saladwood
Apr 6, 2002, 10:43 PM
you know, contributors also have custom avatars. and some other special individuals, eg: sciler.

and members of psow aren't just stuck with pso avatars, there's chao ones too right? so it's not just pso related.

i guess now we must have everyone's avatars be pso related to make some people happy, but no matter what you do, everyone will always bitch. it's just natural.

IceBlink
Apr 7, 2002, 01:32 AM
:o My title is the default. My avatar is one of the new avatars, but it's PSO.

Even my sig pic is about PSO! :o OMG! ^_^;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2002-04-06 22:41 ]</font>

Balthor
Apr 7, 2002, 07:09 PM
ok this is a stupid feature i just remembered but how about a thing where it shows how many people/times have looked at your member info(just curious whos being nosey http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

[EDIT]* P.S. where the hell is everyone getting these emoticons?i only know like 4 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif err 5,and i seen like weird ones of smileys being shot and stuff....I WANT THEM! ._.;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mexican_Tediz_MK2 on 2002-04-07 17:11 ]</font>

watashiwa
Apr 7, 2002, 07:15 PM
Take a look at http://www.pso-world.com/bbcode_ref.php , Mexican.

KodiaX987
Apr 8, 2002, 12:07 AM
BTW, the Post Topic and Reply fields do have a BBcode and Smilie link, but they refer to a FAQ that doesn't exist; takes me to the FAQ menu instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Would help a lot if you guys could update the URL on there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

watashiwa
Apr 8, 2002, 12:34 AM
On 2002-04-07 22:07, KodiaX987 wrote:
BTW, the Post Topic and Reply fields do have a BBcode and Smilie link, but they refer to a FAQ that doesn't exist; takes me to the FAQ menu instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Would help a lot if you guys could update the URL on there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just use the link on the left, you lazy bastard.

OKOK, I'm updating the URL. --;

Alisha
Apr 8, 2002, 01:26 AM
emoticons are satans pawns they need to be exorcized from existence

Greg
Apr 8, 2002, 01:35 AM
On 2002-04-07 23:26, Alisha wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FinalMasterM
Apr 8, 2002, 11:19 AM
On 2002-04-07 23:35, Greg wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Greg ---> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif <--- Me

Greg
Apr 8, 2002, 12:30 PM
On 2002-04-08 09:19, FinalMasterM wrote:

On 2002-04-07 23:35, Greg wrote:

Greg ---> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif <--- Me

You are a sad little boy. Go play on the freeway.

KodiaX987
Apr 8, 2002, 02:38 PM
Hey, he's fighting for a good cause. And, you had been warned! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Rebel!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wata: There was a link to the left? Oh, shiiiiit...

watashiwa
Apr 8, 2002, 02:53 PM
On 2002-04-08 12:38, KodiaX987 wrote:
Wata: There was a link to the left? Oh, shiiiiit...

Yeah, but the links right under the text area are now fixed. Both the BBcode and Smilies link.

Alisha
Apr 8, 2002, 04:21 PM
ya know i hope he didnt make that comment just cause im a girl cause that kinda pisses me off sometimes :o anyways........... WTF im gone for like a week mostly due to playing FFX nonstop n_n and i come back to see that we can set custom titles and disable flash now :D id molest someone but all the people responsible are male so :P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2002-04-08 14:28 ]</font>

rbf2000
Apr 10, 2002, 07:07 PM
Hmm, could you make it so that when you are looking at all of the topics, the thread titles, original poster, and most recent poster are not all underlined? I think it would look a lot sexier without the underlines ^_^;

watashiwa
Apr 10, 2002, 07:14 PM
On 2002-04-10 17:07, rbf2000 wrote:
I think it would look a lot sexier without the underlines ^_^;

We're not about turning people on here, it's about making things more convienent. You can view the profile by clicking on the name. The Red/Black and Blue/Black themes are the only ones that have links underlined and that's because the link color matches the text color. Changing the color of the links in these themes and removing the underline from them is not an option either.

You might try changing themes?

rbf2000
Apr 10, 2002, 08:05 PM
On 2002-04-10 17:14, watashiwa wrote:
We're not about turning people on here, it's about making things more convienent. You can view the profile by clicking on the name. The Red/Black and Blue/Black themes are the only ones that have links underlined and that's because the link color matches the text color. Changing the color of the links in these themes and removing the underline from them is not an option either.

You might try changing themes?

Bah, I change for no man! err, umm...

Anyways, so what if the link blended in with the text, it would look a lot sleeker, and people most likely know that you can click on them (or they'll find out when they put the cursor over it).

Hmm, but apperantly I just glossed over your last sentance, so I'll just stop talking now.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Apr 10, 2002, 08:59 PM
Could we PLEASE have user ratings? I'd love seeing what people think of other people on the board.

KodiaX987
Apr 10, 2002, 09:46 PM
Hell no. I can already see ratings get completely screwed up whenever someone gets pissed off. Happens too often that a fuckhead joins a forum simply to take down user ratings.

pixelate
Apr 11, 2002, 12:23 PM
On 2002-04-10 18:59, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
Could we PLEASE have user ratings? I'd love seeing what people think of other people on the board.

I thought popularity was already based off post counts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2002-04-11 10:25 ]</font>

watashiwa
Apr 12, 2002, 01:12 PM
A bunch of new header logos have been added for your pleasure. Go check them out by clicking "Select the Theme" from the "Your Account" menu.

All new header logos start with "top".

Thanks to Lolita for these logos.

Darrin
Apr 12, 2002, 05:55 PM
On 2002-03-08 16:05, Lifter wrote:

On 2002-03-08 15:30, Castelak wrote:

Keitaro errr i mean Cast has a good point there!

also i think once the new versions come out you should have a DC section and a Xbox & GC section that way people wont get confused if someone asks a question reguarding PSO.

I e-mailed Watashiwa asking the same question, and they WILL have a seperate console section.

Deathscythealpha
Apr 13, 2002, 09:05 AM
I still dont think we need separate console sections. All it will do is seperate up players and start the aurgements of what console is better again.
And most clever peple will say in there posts which console it refers to.

LollipopLolita
Apr 13, 2002, 01:24 PM
On 2002-04-13 07:05, Deathscythealpha wrote:
And most clever peple will say in there posts which console it refers to.

i wish we had that many clever people.

watashiwa
Apr 13, 2002, 01:50 PM
Some guy asked in the chat today what the Dreamcast symbol with the "2" on it meant when listing the weapon and defense articles. -_-;; I thought it was pretty damn obvious, but I guess I was wrong. T_T

Nerd
Apr 13, 2002, 03:41 PM
What is determining the strange appearance of mags under our titles?? *eats one*

urrrpppp

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Apr 13, 2002, 03:49 PM
That's a good question. I was just about to ask why I didn't have any...

Rotis
Apr 13, 2002, 06:40 PM
Hmm... judging from the filenames (rank1.gif, rank2.gif, rank3.gif, etc.) I'm assuming that the mods decided to implement some sort of user ranking system after all...

But a) this seems like an extremely dangerous/foolish move, and b) I don't see anything else about it on the site.

<is confused>

pixelate
Apr 13, 2002, 06:43 PM
Possibly based off post counts?

Hyuk, hyuk.

Greg
Apr 13, 2002, 06:52 PM
most rankbars are based upon post counts so I assume that is the basis of it

Rotis
Apr 13, 2002, 06:53 PM
Or possibly not. I've looked around seen people with 1000+ posts who didn't have any little mags.

Greg
Apr 13, 2002, 06:54 PM
such as me! muahahah!!!

pixelate
Apr 13, 2002, 06:55 PM
And those people once had custom titles.

Rotis
Apr 13, 2002, 06:57 PM
Hmm... good point. Hard to remember who had a custom title back when they were really custom and who didn't.

I still find it disturbing that now all of a sudden anyone can have any title they want, after all the massive fuss about custom titles in the past, but... whatever.

Crawurm
Apr 13, 2002, 07:00 PM
greet now we have ranking, gee what another excuss for people with high rank bars to think their better than others http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (no offense to those who don't do that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

KodiaX987
Apr 13, 2002, 07:26 PM
Now to have a different user ranking icon... I hate those mags! o.O;

watashiwa
Apr 13, 2002, 07:37 PM
Well, Gamespy went down halfway through implementation, so some people with custom avatars didn't have the ranking icons. We were just testing the ranking icons and fixing everything up, but then PSOW went down as I said, so I went to play PSO. When I came back, GS was up and got to see that they really looked sucky. ;D We're trying to find a new post ranking icon image, so just bear with us. Hehe.

BTW, Rotis, it's called "change". ;o

Rotis
Apr 13, 2002, 07:53 PM
On 2002-04-13 17:37, watashiwa wrote:

Hey, I never said it wasn't a good thing.

It gives people one less thing to whine about. And that's always good.

rbf2000
Apr 13, 2002, 08:08 PM
On 2002-04-13 17:53, Rotis wrote:

On 2002-04-13 17:37, watashiwa wrote:

Hey, I never said it wasn't a good thing.

It gives people one less thing to whine about. And that's always good.

Unless you whine about getting getting them o.O

Anyways, I feel left out, where would these ranking icons go?

KodiaX987
Apr 13, 2002, 08:24 PM
Bah, ditch the icons anyway. The forums are already slow enough on my 2KBps connection. : Besides, 7 icons make the author field as big as when I had [email protected] for title. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif And I got PMed with requests to change it because some needed to scroll. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rbf2000
Apr 13, 2002, 08:32 PM
I just thought I would say I like the new layout of the avatars - it makes it much easier to pick one.

LollipopLolita
Apr 13, 2002, 08:32 PM
On 2002-04-13 18:24, KodiaX987 wrote:
Bah, ditch the icons anyway. The forums are already slow enough on my 2KBps connection.

then we should just have a no sig option. and i betcha the forum will load so much faster. i won't have to keep looking at the same things over and over again ^_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lolita on 2002-04-13 18:39 ]</font>

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 14, 2002, 08:53 AM
I'd also like a no-sig option. Or maybe just a no pictures/swf sig option. This forum is rough to load on 56k.

rbf2000
Apr 16, 2002, 02:20 PM
How about making it so that you can put more than one space between characters?

It would allow for word art and such. Plus people could indent their paragraphs.

Just a thought...

*attempts to make word art*

(
)
[_]?

Mmm, coffeee.... o.O;;

rbf2000
Apr 16, 2002, 03:10 PM
How come there are ?'s in peoples post?

*realizes that sounds dumb*

Like in this article that I copyied and pasted (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28584&forum=9&1) there are just random ?'s in it...

also, can you make it so that you can post special characters. a la an e with an accent mark?

é

(is what an e with an accent looks like. Mind you it looks find in the window in which you type the messages...

pixelate
Apr 16, 2002, 04:11 PM
Maybe because ASCII or whatever isn't allowed in posts. I dunno.

The ? thing also happens when people copy and paste things from MS Word documents. For some reason a MS Word apostrophe is different, as well as dashes and quotation marks.

Uh, I think. I dunno.

watashiwa
Apr 16, 2002, 04:20 PM
The whole ? thing is a Gamespy only problem. Happens on any high ASCII values. Nothing we can do about it.

rbf2000
Apr 18, 2002, 02:22 PM
For some reason, I know have to scroll over to be able to see the entire homepage (not the forums)... It doesn't look like anything has changed...

EDIT: it seems to have fixed itself, so nevermind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-04-18 13:46 ]</font>

MarkXIII
Apr 20, 2002, 01:31 AM
http://www.petco.com/assets/product_images/4/4258315512B.jpg
Could somebody please feed the two mice running on the exersise wheels...you know the things that power the servers. o.O

Greg
Apr 20, 2002, 01:41 AM
El ehm eeyy oh!

seriously, the servers have been lame this past week.

MarkXIII
Apr 20, 2002, 01:53 AM
I was just messin around with my themes and noticed "Top18.gif" isnt centered when you use it. I didnt test all of the new headers, so i dont know if there is any others like this.