PDA

View Full Version : Possible goodbye to blue burst

AquaFlare7
May 31, 2004, 09:17 PM
Already people are hacking this game to bits. I have played in 3 games where nobody could die and people were walking through walls, not to mention that it is becoming public knowledge on how to do these things, and you all know what that means...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2004-05-31 19:18 ]</font>

cluw
May 31, 2004, 10:14 PM
On 2004-05-31 19:17, AquaFlare7 wrote:
and you all know what that means...

Play in locked games time..?

Cheeky
May 31, 2004, 10:19 PM
Yeah well let them hack the beta all they want, ST is most likely watching and making refinements to the full version as I type this. Besides, my focus is the full release on the 15th of July and it's unlikely that these lamers will import Blue Burst just to PAY the monthly fee and to try to hack it, then wind up getting burnt by ST. Yea i'm thinking about quitting the beta too, but because of the fading possibility of keeping my beta char for the full version(free until level 20..you do the math). So for now, building my new PC before July 15th is on top of the agenda.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cheeky on 2004-05-31 20:20 ]</font>

Zinger314
May 31, 2004, 10:21 PM
On 2004-05-31 20:19, Cheeky wrote:
ST is most likely watching and making refinements to the full version as I type this.
The key word is underlined.
Frankly, I haven't seen and GMs yet, and I think they would be all over Leo 3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-05-31 20:22 ]</font>

Para
May 31, 2004, 11:53 PM
Im sure who have been watchin the developments at their community are probably seeing some interesting things coming....

AquaFlare7
May 31, 2004, 11:54 PM
and it's unlikely that these lamers will import Blue Burst just to PAY the monthly fee and to try to hack it.

this sounds very familiar to what was said about dreamcast v2 when I imported it. The funny thing is that yes, some people will pay money just to be stupid arseholes.

Dyras
Jun 1, 2004, 12:54 AM
If someone wants to hack, paying won't stop them. The advantage to BB is that hacks can be prevented and hackers can be banned resulting in loss of playtime and money.

RFB
Jun 1, 2004, 01:18 AM
hm... I think I remember from old BB pics that the GMs had their team name in blue, not red or white. If thatīs right and still on, then I have seen a few in the form of normal carachters in Leo3. However, if anyone here knows enough japanese, should report to ST the situation over at Leo3.

And well, there's always the option to migrate the PSOW block to Aries, where the GMs are aaall the day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AquaFlare7
Jun 1, 2004, 02:17 AM
well actually, Ian Kun X had his team name in blue for some reason. Not sure what that is all about =/

RFB
Jun 1, 2004, 02:21 AM
On 2004-06-01 00:17, AquaFlare7 wrote:
well actually, Ian Kun X had his team name in blue for some reason. Not sure what that is all about =/

I'm begginning to wonder.. am I the only one that has not seen Ian-KunX yet in PSOBB?
And well, that pretty much completely destroyed my hopes of a GM around Leo3... :/

Samm
Jun 1, 2004, 09:18 AM
I think GMs and staff characters have their names in blue, not team names.
As far as team names go, orange is master, blue is leader and white is normal member.

Nai_Calus
Jun 1, 2004, 09:46 AM
Oh, so that's what it means. I was wondering about that last night, heh, when I came on and my team name was in blue. ...And then people kept asking me what it meant. XP

And I've seen you, RFB, I'm fairly sure...

You probably didn't recognize me because if you knew any of my GC chars, the one I currently use on BB isn't a recreation of any of them. Also, her name is in katakana, which complicates things further. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

AquaFlare7
Jun 1, 2004, 10:00 AM
while were ont he topic of teams, is there any way for my other 3 characters to have the same team name above their head as my RAmarl INIKO? As with a good 99.9% of players out there, it is one that I made myself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2004-06-01 08:01 ]</font>

RFB
Jun 1, 2004, 10:25 AM
On 2004-06-01 07:46, Ian-KunX wrote:
And I've seen you, RFB, I'm fairly sure...

You probably didn't recognize me because if you knew any of my GC chars, the one I currently use on BB isn't a recreation of any of them. Also, her name is in katakana, which complicates things further. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

1)I've never met you on GC.
2)I know it's in katakana, and hell yes, it complicates things a lot.
3)Aquaflare, you could make someone a "leader" of your team... if you get to know how, that is. Maybe leaders can add new members.. maybe... just a possibility.

Nai_Calus
Jun 1, 2004, 10:32 AM
No, you haven't, but I plaster around the names and pictures of my characters enough that half the people who've never seen my characters know them anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

And yes, the name does complicate matters. Look for a white-clad aqua-haired HUnewearl named http://www.iankunx.net/aquaria.png

Leaders can add members, I was able to invite Eihwaz to team PSOW last night.

Aquaflare: It's above all your characters by default. I logged on with my L1 FOmar last night and he had PSOW, in blue, above his head.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2004-06-01 08:35 ]</font>

AquaFlare7
Jun 1, 2004, 02:07 PM
On 2004-06-01 08:32, Ian-KunX wrote:
Aquaflare: It's above all your characters by default. I logged on with my L1 FOmar last night and he had PSOW, in blue, above his head.

That is what I thought as well, but for some strange reason last night my other characters didnt have any text above their head for a team, it was just blank. Seems to work ok now though, and I spose I will stay on Blue Burst for right now and see how Sega of Japan plays their cards for updates and patches.

On a random note, My mag is just around the corner from becoming the lovable Sato.

Nai_Calus
Jun 1, 2004, 08:14 PM
Sato sucks. My mag is just around the corner from being the ever ass-kicking Rati. :3

AquaFlare7
Jun 1, 2004, 08:47 PM
On 2004-06-01 18:14, Ian-KunX wrote:
Sato sucks. My mag is just around the corner from being the ever ass-kicking Rati. :3

If by sucks you mean "rules" then I agree! I always use Sato on Hunters And Rati on everything else. For up close combat nothing beats invincibility and shifta/deband that is almost everlasting. I am one of those weirdos who go for efficiency as well. If we don't watch out this is gonna be tossed into mag, item, and quest discussion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Para
Jun 1, 2004, 09:21 PM
Must we not forget about the Nidras? =/
Am I the only Nidra fan here lol
All I ever hear is the Sato and Rati >=(

AquaFlare7
Jun 1, 2004, 09:40 PM
Nidra is the underdog of the group.

Zinger314
Jun 1, 2004, 09:45 PM
PSOBB has told me that I need help in rasing Mags...

I need some help in order to make a Mag with the Twins PB...I'll ask for help when I need it. (I need an A ID.)

Also, AquaFlare7...why were you asking people to join a team that was legit? Aren't all people in PSOBB legit?

AquaFlare7
Jun 1, 2004, 10:00 PM
On 2004-06-01 19:45, Zinger314 wrote:
PSOBB has told me that I need help in rasing Mags...

I need some help in order to make a Mag with the Twins PB...I'll ask for help when I need it. (I need an A ID.)

Also, AquaFlare7...why were you asking people to join a team that was legit? Aren't all people in PSOBB legit?

To tell the truth BB has already been hacked, just check the cheaters forum for more info. Our only hope is that they do infact patch things up a bit by the time retail comes out and then pray they continue to do so.

On another note, Coalition is recruiting right now, up to my personal maximum of 8 members. I've never been a big clan junkie myself, so it's more of a group of legit friends than anything else.

slickochet
Jun 1, 2004, 11:55 PM
i wouldnt mind joining team coalition. the only blue burst character i have at the minute is a skly hunter called slick thats about level 15. how does the team thing work anyway? like how exactly do i go about joining?

AquaFlare7
Jun 1, 2004, 11:57 PM
meet me online and ill invite you in the lobby. Ill explain the rest later as I am tired ^_^;;

slickochet
Jun 2, 2004, 12:04 AM
now?

AquaFlare7
Jun 2, 2004, 12:05 AM
Well I would say yes, but apparently the servers are down for maintenance >_<

slickochet
Jun 2, 2004, 12:07 AM
arse

DarK-SuN
Jun 2, 2004, 07:26 AM
It's a pity that a certain place (you know who) is already trying (and succeeding) to ruin PSOBB.
At least it's better that they try it now and have Sonic Team fix it than later when the game goes retail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2004-06-02 05:27 ]</font>

AquaFlare7
Jun 2, 2004, 01:12 PM
On 2004-06-02 05:26, DarK-SuN wrote:
It's a pity that a certain place (you know who) is already trying (and succeeding) to ruin PSOBB.
At least it's better that they try it now and have Sonic Team fix it than later when the game goes retail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2004-06-02 05:27 ]</font>

We just have to hope the ST is as adament with thier patches as *that certain place* is about breaking them

Para
Jun 2, 2004, 05:25 PM
Actually there is hope for PSO BB. Apparently SEGA has been trying to patch the hacks as told from the source.

Sharkyland
Jun 2, 2004, 05:30 PM
Nidra? Isn't that a scorpion? Nites likes scorpions?

Para
Jun 2, 2004, 05:34 PM
On 2004-06-02 15:30, Sharkyland wrote:
Nidra? Isn't that a scorpion? Nites likes scorpions?

Yes Nidra is a scorpian! They look cool too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Besides I dont have all these people copying my mag >_> on a side note: I already have a level 200 nidra mag on BB :3

Broomopbb
Jun 6, 2004, 10:30 AM
i would like to say that SONICTEAM have no chance fixing problems due to there engine, and wont ever be fixed unless they rethink there whole engine, which is unlikly..

Also even if they fixed everything thats public.. thats probly about 5% of what i know can be done so they will have alot of work to do come the final release.. and there seems to be alot more knowledgable people at hacking this game than there ever was. So you will might see the worst hacked PSO of all, even though saying that, right now its very hard to do anything illegal, except client sided stuff, the server sided stuff is pretty secure, except for me talking through people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif still havnt fixed that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarK-SuN
Jun 6, 2004, 02:58 PM
He registered, he posted, he got banned for obvious reasons.
That was fast, good riddance.

RFB
Jun 6, 2004, 03:09 PM
1)That quick banning made my love for the admins increase 34 points! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

2)Long time no see, DarkSun. Good to see you are still alive http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

3)And as he said, "Server sided stuff is pretty secure" thus meaning that, well, they may be able to do whatever they may want to do with their own characters, but they wont be able to do shit on ours!

Cheeky
Jun 6, 2004, 03:23 PM
I say we report "you know who" and the rest of his fan club if we see them snooping around the full version..that is if anyone here is going to buy the full version.

Para
Jun 6, 2004, 03:26 PM
Before we say good bye to blue burst or anything

I am still confused of the end beta date... Arislan it is july 15th right?? I only see the sale of BB on july 15th and I see no mention of end open beta test.

DarK-SuN
Jun 7, 2004, 08:34 AM
On 2004-06-06 13:09, RFB wrote:
2)Long time no see, DarkSun. Good to see you are still alive http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Alive and kicking. ^_~
Just been VERY busy with RL stuff (exams and girl I love), haven't had much time for anything else lately. o_O

Arislan
Jun 7, 2004, 11:42 AM
There's no word from Sega as to the end of Beta. I would figure day before or day of retail release would be it, but not sure. a I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I find out myself.

BroomopUnban
Jun 8, 2004, 03:28 PM
i cant be banned so stop wasting your time.. also i would just like to ask why i was banned is it because im just too dam scary for you? or you dont like me Posting true facts about PSO.. please tell me where i done somthing wrong.

Cheeky
Jun 8, 2004, 05:36 PM
No, it's because you're a lamer. Now go back to your hole!

Zinger314
Jun 8, 2004, 05:47 PM
I didn't understand why Broomop was banned in the first place...

Ah well, he's going to be making many accounts (dynamic IP, probably), so just tell his ISP to warn him. Maybe he'll leave PSOBB alone

Arislan
Jun 8, 2004, 07:01 PM
He was banned because he had a link to a certain site in his profile, which is an instant ban according to forum rules. I have no problem with him being here, but since he's been banned, and once banned, always banned... Have a nice day. We'll go as far as lodging complaints with your ISP(s) and pressing charges for harrassment, so it may be in your best interest to lay off. Nothing personal, but the rules are laid down and followed for a reason, both by members and by the mods and admins.

In any case, this is off topic in any case, so, let's move along, shall we?

hotdogs_r_us
Jun 8, 2004, 07:05 PM
What will this BB be out on Xbox or Gamecube?

Arislan
Jun 8, 2004, 07:09 PM
No, PC only. Currently, no plans to release outside of Japan, although it will likely be released in China and Taiwan, as PSO PC were.

EJ
Jun 10, 2004, 12:00 AM
On 2004-06-01 19:21, Nites wrote:
Must we not forget about the Nidras? =/
Am I the only Nidra fan here lol
All I ever hear is the Sato and Rati >=(

yes Nidras are the best I perfer them over satos and ratis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Side note: I almost have my nidra http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ZAFF
Jun 11, 2004, 03:59 PM
In the end I think Blue Burst Will just do the same as FFXI get a patch released every week or so. And as we all know after a patch is released it changes the coding slightly thus the trainers or hacks and cracks are useless... Well most of the time anyways.. And to be 100% honest its easier to wreck a PC game than it is a console game. As you dont have to go through the trouble thats needed to get your "finished code" you just find the exploit and well make a patch and work on it(in super easy terms lol)

RFB
Jun 11, 2004, 04:49 PM
for what I've read in "that" site, the patchs are not such problem for the trainers, they just seem to need a little re-coding. Lets hope ST does something aggresive in the final version.

faceless
Jun 14, 2004, 04:55 AM
... and it's unlikely that these lamers will import Blue Burst just to PAY the monthly fee and to try to hack it ...never play pso before?
thats what people said about v2, pc, cube, xbox, (your name here only $9.95), you name it, thye said it, someone wanna dig up an old thread? ok, maybe not

faceless
Jun 14, 2004, 04:58 AM
On 2004-06-08 17:01, Arislan wrote:
... but since he's been banned, and once banned, always banned ... like Barubary?