PDA

View Full Version : PSM...It's coming

PrinceBrightstar
May 31, 2004, 10:05 PM
I was going to wait until friday to post this. But I feel I'm in a good enough position now that I'll be able to make the deadline and I won't have to back out.

It's coming...

http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/jfields/psm.jpg

http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/jfields/psm.avi

Divx required http://www.divx.com (look for the standard version, not the pro version)

Cheeky
May 31, 2004, 10:26 PM
Hey thats pretty cool.

Aunt_Betty
May 31, 2004, 10:35 PM
Phantasy Star Online Dateline?

SpikeOtacon
Jun 1, 2004, 05:07 AM
Sounds interesting...but the newscaster? You need a deep, commanding voice like *ahem* Walter Cronkite *ahem*.

Swan
Jun 1, 2004, 10:35 AM
eh.... don't get your hopes up yet. I've seen some TERRIBLE game-movies in my day (ehem...tomb raider) I'll have to see it before I come to any conclusion...

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 1, 2004, 10:58 AM
On 2004-06-01 08:35, Swan wrote:
eh.... don't get your hopes up yet. I've seen some TERRIBLE game-movies in my day (ehem...tomb raider) I'll have to see it before I come to any conclusion...

Fortunately, it's something of an exploratory news video, rather than a movie.

RFB
Jun 1, 2004, 12:13 PM
Ooohh, so THIS is what you were talking about in the lobby, you silly HUcast! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Looks pretty cool, and itīs a good idea! Good luck with it!

Break421
Jun 2, 2004, 11:28 AM
wats PSM im just wondering cause iv never heard of it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Break421 on 2004-06-02 09:29 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jun 2, 2004, 11:47 AM
On 2004-06-02 09:28, Break421 wrote:
wats PSM im just wondering cause iv never heard of it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Break421 on 2004-06-02 09:29 ]</font>

Why not look at the video? It explains it well enough.

zimmk2vgc
Jun 2, 2004, 03:32 PM
Its called a DARK FALZ, not a DARK FORCE!

Dark forces create the Falzes, and the profound darkness creates the Dark Forces, of which there were several from the old Phantasy Star games.

Para
Jun 2, 2004, 05:27 PM
On 2004-06-02 13:32, zimmk2vgc wrote:

Dark forces create the Falzes, and the profound darkness creates the Dark Forces, of which there were several from the old Phantasy Star games.

Im pretty sure John knows what hes doing man.

zimmk2vgc
Jun 3, 2004, 12:23 PM
Well they're very different...one should not get them mixed up!

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 3, 2004, 02:44 PM
You know what a good journalist does? He tells both sides of the story.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 3, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-06-02 13:32, zimmk2vgc wrote:

Technically speaking, a "Dark Falz" and "Dark Force" are the same thing. Both are different romanizations of the same word. As far as why it's never been romanized consistently, I have no idea (Just the same, we also have Palma, Palm, Parma, Motavia, Mota, Dezoris, Dezo, Dezolis, etc). In the Japanese, they're both the same word. Consider that a "Dark Falz" and a "Dark Force" have never both been seen in the same game. It's always been either one or the other.

Just be glad that Sonic Team USA didn't make the mistake of romanizing "Dark Falz" as "Dark Phallus", as they very well could have.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 3, 2004, 03:42 PM
Actually they did in Ps4. Remember prophallus in The Edge?

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 3, 2004, 04:01 PM
On 2004-06-03 13:42, Jonathan_F wrote:
Actually they did in Ps4. Remember prophallus in The Edge?

Unfortunately, yes, I do... Looked oddly like Dark Falz from the original Phantasy Star, didn't it?

I dunno, one theory that I always liked (though I'm not saying that this is what I consider canon), is that the Profound Darkness spits out a Falz, and that Falz must then find a body and grow into a Force.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 3, 2004, 05:32 PM
unfortunately i've already put that package to a rest, so i won't be able to accept new submissions to it, but if there's enough demand, maybe i'll come back to the subject one month. (not next month tho. that one's already planned.)

Ness
Jun 3, 2004, 08:27 PM
It looks intersting. You aren't going to make us pay for it, right?

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 3, 2004, 08:38 PM
Nope. No payment required to view except the time it takes to download and watch

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 3, 2004, 08:46 PM
Gasp! We have to pay in Bandwidth and Attention Span! NOOOOOO!!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mixfortune
Jun 3, 2004, 09:19 PM
Well, like I said in the other thread, concerning the romanization of DF, the basic romanization is Daakufarusu. Depending on how it's adapted (L/R, S/Z, etc.), you can get several different translations. Due to other incosistency errors during the rest of the series, I would have to say that Dark Falz, Dark Force, and Dark Phallus are the same thing. Of course, that is speaking from strictly the romanization/translation point of view. I haven't played much of the earlier Phantasy Star games besides a bit of PS4.

I'm glad they didn't opt for something like Dac Farz or Dak Farce... ick.

Anyways, looks very interesting indeed. Quite a few people could learn a nice chunk from this and hopefully learn a bit more about the Phantasy Star universe (and no, I don't mean Phantasy Star Universe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-06-03 19:21 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 5, 2004, 07:13 AM
Id put that in but obviously i wasnt at E3 since i just started this 2 weeks ago so i dont have any footage i can use without stealing from another site... maybe if I cantact Sega they'll give me press releases or something.

btw, I'm hoping for release around 6 PM EST or so tomorrow.

oh and when it is released, it better not be moved this time as it will directly relate to PSO then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-06-05 05:17 ]</font>