PDA

View Full Version : downgrade

stormwalkr777
May 31, 2004, 11:13 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that when Savage Wolf, Barbarous Wolf, Gulgus, and Gulgus-Gue howl they don't cast Shifta/Deband.......but Jellen/Zalure on themselves. Maybe its a bug in my game. At first I thought maybe the image was incorrect or somethin but after closer observation did observe a drop in the damage taken from them and an increase in the damage dealt to them. Has anyone else experienced this before or is it just me? Not an important question but something to talk about nonetheless.

Mixfortune
May 31, 2004, 11:30 PM
Wolves can appear in groups. Oftentimes, there can be a leader wolf (Gulgus-gue for Ultimate, can't remember the name for the non-Ultimate one). Killing the leader wolf first is sort of like causing the group to lose "organization" and can drop morale or efficiency. I trust it's not a glitch or an oversight, and that taking out the leader wolf can be a strategy when taking out wolves. I never really bother to try and take out the leader wolf first, but sometimes it just happens that way. In my opinion, it's intentional.

Para
May 31, 2004, 11:55 PM
Actually its interesting... before I patched my old PSO PC v2... I recall them doing Shifta and Deband?

AquaFlare7
May 31, 2004, 11:57 PM
they cast jellen/zalure on import dreamcast v1 as well as import dreamcast v2. Definately not a glitch. Not sure about PSO PC v2.

Para
May 31, 2004, 11:58 PM
Ok maybe I was seeing things back then...

RFB
Jun 1, 2004, 01:04 AM
You should really take out the leader first. When they have one, they're far more organized, and thus they have a more effective attack routine, which can mean trouble for you. Kill the leader, and the others will lose willpower, thus casting jellen-zalure over them.

Has always been that way, and I guess that will ever be.

Switchblayde
Jun 2, 2004, 12:23 PM
yeah that is true i thought it was a glitch too until i thought about it for a while

Ketchup345
Jun 2, 2004, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know what level J/Z they cast on themselves?

It can't be high, but it lasts a while (but does the length of J/Z change, or no? I forget).

Dana
Jun 5, 2004, 11:34 AM
it must be very low, maybe 1-3, i don't take much more off them when they do it

RFB
Jun 5, 2004, 11:52 AM
well, the most convenient thing of killing the leader has always been to create desorganization on them, not the J/Z which is not worth a penny :/

FIDELCASTRO
Jun 5, 2004, 12:16 PM
actually, i found that once in a while when they bite you after casting it on themselves, you have jellen and zalure cast on yourself. that might be why.