PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Warrior of the Light - Farylla's Continuing Journey

Wang_Tang
Mar 11, 2002, 10:00 PM
hey hey. this is the first chapter of my fanfic about Farylla. i have 3 chapters so far, so i'll release em every other day and write more in between. also, i'll basically only continue to post updates if ppl like the story. here goes:

Warrior of the Light - Farylla's Continuing Journey

Eyes closed, she stepped out onto the cool grass. The wind swept a piece of sand coloured hair out of her face as she slowly began to open her eyes. She breathed in deeply, and started to exhale. As she exhaled, she opened her eyes to the world around her, and began to do what she had been training for. She crouched down, and grasped the sphere at her belt. She stood up quickly and fiercely, hurling the ball into the air as hard as she could. She tore her Buster from the holster at her side, flicking the switch and watching as the blade crackled into existence just as the Training Ball sputtered to life and unloaded it's first shot at her. She swung hard, deflecting the white hot round back at the hovering ball. It flew around, ducking and weaving around Farylla, all the while blasting it's searing rays of compressed thunder in her direction. The tiny HUnewearl's stamina was remarkable. She spun and flipped, swinging and stabbing her blade at the Training Ball's shots. The acrobatics she was performing in the field paled in comparison to how much closer the deflected rays were getting to the ball as every second passed. She stumbled a bit... hardly noticeable, but still enough to cause a horrible glitch in her plan. The ball fired just as she was recovering from her error, and the round hit the handle of her saber. The shiny metallic cylinder was blown completely apart as the glowing pink blade disappeared. Farylla wasn't worried; she continued with her mind blowing speed, dodging every single shot the ball threw at her. At the last second before it was all over, Farylla stopped and stood, hands raised as if to catch the burning rounds of the ball. Just before the ball could once more unleash it's fury, she concentrated and fired off a blast of Gibarta. Hundreds of shards of ice instantly exploded from the palms of her hands, freezing the infernal Training Ball on contact. At long last it was over. The ball fell helplessly from the air as Farylla spun and kicked, shattering it into oblivion. Cheers rose up from all directions, and Farylla had to hold her hands over her long ears as she received her standing ovation. A metallic voice cracked across the warm air: "It's OVER folks! Farylla has won!" Farylla stood, barely surprised that she had succeeded. She gazed around the stadium, and saw the bright orange hair of her mother, Delphinus. She ran over to her mother with more speed that she had demonstrated throughout her entire performance. She hugged her mother,
"I did it mom!"
"I know dear, congratulations!"
Far away from the festivities, a small FOnewearl sat alone in front of a glowing blue monitor. "So, you're the one who the Hunters revere.... ha ha ha, we shall see..." She waved a tiny hand over the monitor and it switched off. She then wailed "Golem! The Hunter's Guild.... now!!"
The crowd was still cheering, but that soon stopped, as a gigantic steel ball dropped from the sky. It hit the ground with a tremendous force, sending a shockwave through the ground that almost destabilized the grand stands. Farylla took the Gae Bolg that was strapped to her mother's back..
"Sorry mom, looks like I'm gonna be needing this..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wang_Tang on 2003-07-12 17:57 ]</font>

Wang_Tang
Mar 12, 2002, 04:44 PM
*bump*

if anyone's actually reading this, new update's gonna be up tomorrow prolly. If you wanna be in the story later, there are "positions" available that you can be put in. so, PM me if u wanna be in the fic

War_Child
Mar 12, 2002, 09:15 PM
Nice! More I say! More!

Wang_Tang
Mar 13, 2002, 05:50 PM
Well everyone, (or maybe it's just WC reading my fic lol) heres the second chapter!
---------------------------------------------

Farylla stepped forward and stared up at the behemoth before her. She could hardly believe her eyes. What was it? Where did it come from? These were the questions which plagued her mind. She was startled as a large crack began to appear down the front of the ball. It soon sprouted large legs, as thick as ten tree trunks, and arms even thicker. The beast had a face, silver like the rest of it's body, which housed two gigantic glowing red eyes.
Not since she'd helped to destroy Dark Falz had Farylla been so afraid and unsure of the battle to come. This monster was much larger... not quite as horrifying in appearance, but much bigger nonetheless. Farylla shook away the feelings of fear which resided in her heart and matched the goliath's forward movement. The two walked towards each other, hero and villain, as though it was predestined. "Ragol has been colonized for more than a year now; I'll not let YOU destroy that!!" her tiny voice boomed across the stadium of the new Ragol Hunter's Guild. The two stopped. Farylla looked up to see the monstrosity looking down upon her with its evil eyes. She became angry, and leaped forward. She bursted forward with tremendous force, and climbed up the thing's leg. She continued upward until she was upon it's face. For her tiny size, she had scaled the mountainous beast quite quickly.
She swung the Gae Bolg with all of her might, dealing a small scratch to the face of her enemy. "Dammit!" she said aloud as she moved out of the way of a gigantic swinging hand.
"How the hell am I supposed to defeat you?!?!"
The monster looked angrier.....
"Fa........ry...lla!!" a far-away voice yelled. "Mom?! Get out of here! I've got this!" Farylla replied.
Delphinus was the only hunter still in the stadium. She cupped her hands over her mouth and once again called to her offspring.
"My weapon isn't strong enough!! Get YOURS!!"
Farylla looked once more at the monster's face and knew her mother was right. She dodged again as the beast tried to swing at her. She strapped the Gae Bolg to her back and jumped. As she fell from the dizzying height, she looked down at her mother..... and made eye contact. The two looked at each other, then away, as they closed their eyes and crossed their hands over their chests. The two Hunewearls, mother and daughter were instantly linked by a huge blue beam that flowed between them. It was a technique they had developed on their own in their spare time, Giryuker.
Farylla was teleported to the ground next to her mother. After she was on the ground, she used the technique to teleport her mother to safety. Farylla was shrouded in darkness. "Oh no, what now......" she muttered to herself as she turned around and looked upwards. She was standing in the shadow of a gargantuan foot. She ran like hell and got out of the way in time. She once again used this speed to run to the check room in the Hunter's Guild. She jumped over the counter and took the keys for her locker out of her pocket. She fumbled the keys put then guided them to the correct keyhole, locker #006. She plunged her hand into the null space where items were held in the tiny lockers. She grabbed the orange NullSpace box that held her most prized weapon, and pressed the release button on the side. The box opened, and Farylla dumped her Imperial Pick onto the floor. She discarded the empty box into her locker, closed the door, locked it, pocketed the key, and took up her weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wang_Tang on 2002-03-13 14:54 ]</font>

Wang_Tang
Mar 14, 2002, 07:59 PM
god dammit looks like nobody's reading my fic

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. next chapter is up tomorrow if anyone is even reading this

Wang_Tang
Mar 15, 2002, 07:27 PM
okay ppl start posting what you think of this frikkin fic!!

By the time she was back in the field, the monster had destroyed the announcer's tower, and some of the grand stands. She fired off a Grants blast at the back of it's head, "Hey! Eat that!".
The monster, undamaged but annoyed, turned around. "Hmm, not hungry huh? Well then, lets see what we can do about that....." She held the base of her pick with both hands, as though it were a saber, or a baseball bat. She ran towards her foe and jumped with mind bending speed. The blade at the end of her pick planted itself in the mid-section of the behemoth. Rays of light shot out as the monster groaned.
"Unnnnnnngh" The sound exploded over the landscape like a thousand atomic bombs. Startled, Farylla continued. Holding the handle of her weapon, she vaulted off the left leg of the goliath and tore a great gash, a chasm, into the gut of her enemy. Both light and darkness spewed from the canyon that was now formed in the beast's stomach. Smaller monsters fell to the ground and were destroyed upon impact. Farylla unhooked her Imperial Pick from the innards of her enemy and slid down it's leg to the ground. She ran out of the way as the thing fell over. It crumbled into the ground, and the remains soon disappeared. Farylla ran towards the large puddle to see what was happening. The pool of evil seeped into the ground and was gone.... but something caught Farylla's eye. Spinning on the ground in the middle of the now dried up puddle was a medallion. As soon as Farylla stepped closer it slowed down and fell to the ground, revealing a symbol.
"Steel Golem - Minion Of Descestis" were the words printed in a circle around the face of a very evil looking Fonewearl. Farylla pocketed the medallion.

Wang_Tang
Mar 18, 2002, 04:42 PM
"Over the many years since the Hunter's Guild's inception...." started Principal Tyrell "we have seen many bright and shining stars, warriors, and of course, heroes. Today we honour one such hero." Farylla was standing behind the Principal, who was at a large oak podium. When he spoke of her as a hero, she began to blush.
"Farylla? Would you step forward please?"
Tyrell motioned his hand for her to step up to the podium. She stood next to the large man and looked over the crowd. There were so many people there! It looked like there were thousands.. perhaps tens of thousands of people in the crowd.
"Not since Rico...." the Principal paused for a moment. He bowed his head for a moment, but then recuperated.
"Sorry everyone... allow me to continue. Not since Rico have I been graced with the presence of such a fine warrior. This young girl has demonstrated talent, skill, and great ability. She has the potential to be one of the finest warriors in our history."
Farylla began to blush more. "That's not true... I was only doing what was right..." were the words that flitted across the front of her mind.
"For these heroics, Farylla, we present you with your new companion."
The Principal held out a small data-pad and withdrew a small whistle from the top. He brought it to his lips and blew, letting out a low pitched, ominous sound. At once, the crowd was lit up, as a pair of white, glowing wings flew their way up and over the wall behind Tyrell. Farylla knew what this was. She could not believe it.
"And now Farylla, an angel gets her wings."
The Angel's Wing mag floated down and took rest in the air behind Farylla's shoulders.
"I.. I... thank you!" Farylla spat out. She felt dumb for not knowing what to say, but she was honoured. The Angel's Wing mag is a prestigious MAG that is said to have been forged behind the gates of Heaven itself. As soon as the MAG came to rest behind Farylla's shoulders, she instantly felt the immense power of the Light course through her body. She was filled with nothing but positive emotions, and her heart felt as though it was never going to be unsettled again. Happiness was the only emotion she now knew.
"I'm honoured to have received this MAG. Thank you everyone for your support, and especially you, mom." Delphinus, who was already smiling, smiled even wider.

Wang_Tang
Mar 22, 2002, 05:14 PM
okay everyone here's the 5th chapter. sorry for the delay i never had enough time to post before.
--------------------------------------------

Farylla sat at home, as she always did on Saturday mornings. She reached into her pocket to pull out the coin that she thought was fumbling around in there. She pulled out the medallion. She had completely forgotten about it. She turned the medallion around, away from the side she had seen already - "Steel Golem - Minion of Descestis". She flipped it over to reveal the symbol of the Section ID, Pinkal. "Huh? Pinkal?! What's that doing there??"
She got up off of the sofa she was laying on and walked to the next room, where Delphinus sat, perched on a stool, reading from a datapad. As Farylla approached, she noticed the title "Ragol Times" and the first headline "Local hero awarded wings of an angel".
"Hey mom, what's this?" Farylla said as she handed the medallion over to her mother, who's orange hair was in disarray from just waking up. Delphinus looked indifferent, and then surprised.
"Where the hell did you get this?" asked the startled Hunewearl.
"That monster.. err.." Farylla pointed to the words on the medallion as though to underline them for her mother "Steel Golem dropped it when I killed him."
"Well it says here that it's a minion of Descestis!!"
"Uh, yeah, so what mom?" Farylla was confused.
"So what?! Don't you know who Descestis is?" Delphinus seemed angry now, but Farylla knew that she was just a little flustered.
"The name seemed familiar when I grabbed the medallion, but at the moment I can't remember what was so familiar about it."
Delphinus got up from the table and began to pace. "This isn't good, this isn't good at all" she repeated.
"What?" Farylla pleaded. Delphinus looked at her. "Descestis is... hmm... a force gone wrong I suppose you could say." Farylla chuckled... a force.. ha ha. A force is powerful, but not that powerful, she thought.
"Do you remember the day you helped to destroy Dark Falz? Do you remember how many hunters were there with you?" Delphinus asked.
"Of course I remember that day... god, I'm scarred for life after that! All I remember about the number of hunters is that there were a lot. The Hunter's Guild wasn't taking any chances after..." Farylla paused........

Wang_Tang
Mar 22, 2002, 05:23 PM
well here's chapter 6
--------------------------------------------

Farylla and her mother both looked sad as they stood facing each other. Their conversation suddenly didn't matter, as memories of the hole in their lives paralyzed them where they stood. When Dark Falz was defeated, it was the second attempt that the Guild had taken. The first attempt was a failure, and involved only 4 hunters. 2 of these hunters were Delphinus, and her husband, the father of Farylla, Brad. As soon as the party entered Falz's lair, the two hunters that had come with Brad and Delphinus were vaporized by Falz's Divine Punishment attack. The beams of light that cascaded down from the skies burned the hunters alive. Delphinus and Brad barely escaped that, the first of Dark Falz's horrifying assault upon them. Attack after attack, Brad and Delphinus pressed on. They proceeded to destroy the base of the large creature, but this was not enough. Now Dark Falz merely transformed and floated around them.
"Brad, help me! We need to attack the orb where his base used to be!"
"I'm on it" Brad said without emotion.
The two of them ran towards their enemy. They both withdrew the most powerful of their weapons..... some Spread Needles that they had acquired illegally from Pioneer 2's black market of weaponry. They had been modified to be more photonically efficient than any other weapon ever made. They were outlawed weapons, however Delphinus and Brad disregarded this. They began to fire away countless yellow needles. They both stood, reckless, stationary in front of Dark Falz, blasting away, assuming he was no match for their powerful weapons.
They were wrong.
The angered Falz had taken heavy damage, but he still remained resilient. He lifted his massive arms and began to fire a combination of Rafoie and Rabarta. Delphinus, luckily for her, had an attribute plate on, as well as a state/maintenance inserted into the data socket of the attribute plate. Because of this, she was fine. She took little fire damage, and was not frozen at all. Brad, however, was not so lucky. He was frozen solid by the time Delphinus had turned around to see if he was alright.
"Nooo!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs as she ran towards him. She tried to get within close enough range to cast Anti on her beloved..... but it was too late. Falz's gigantic arm came crashing down upon the poor Humar, and Delphinus watched in horror as the one she had loved for so long perished before her eyes. She was instantly filled with rage. An anger that was so unbecoming of her. She channeled all of her anger into the pit of her stomach, and then forced it into the palms of her hands. After her hands were aglow with burning anger, she grabbed the saber that she had as an emergency weapon at her belt.
"Now..... you will pay.." she said in a quiet, rage-filled tone as she grasped the saber with both hands and squeezed the button to ignite the blade. A beam of purple hatred shot from the opening of the handle and formed into a long, thin, sharp purple blade. She then further channeled her anger through the rest of her body and ran towards Falz at a blinding speed. She jumped and swung the blade with all of the power she could put into one swipe. Instantly, a wave of purple energy flew from the blade of her weapon. The wave that resulted flew through the air at Falz, cutting the arm that was swinging at Delphinus clean off. Delphinus, still flying towards Falz at tremendous speed, plunged her blade into the gut of the beast, and it was gone. Her weapon was gone. It had been sucked into the abdomen of her massive enemy.
The only word that could escape her mouth was "No........." just before she was sent flying towards the ground. She landed behind a large rock, and Falz had assumed that she was destroyed, so he went back into hiding. The souls of the 3 dead hunters were absorbed into the landscape as it turned back into a peaceful meadow. Delphinus lay, unconscious, behind the large rock at the rear of the meadow.... unknowingly awaiting her rescuer.

Wang_Tang
Mar 24, 2002, 07:09 PM
well heres the 7th chapter. It's a little short.. but so is Farylla http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-------------------------------------------

Farylla began to cry. Her mother took her in her arms and held her.
"Come now, Farylla... I'm here... I thank God every day that you were strong enough to come and rescue me that day that you defeated Falz. We mustn't dwell on such things from our past. Br... Brad is gone, and I've learned to deal with that."
"I.." Farylla wiped the tears away from her eyes. "I suppose you're right.."
"Yes... Now then, we must get back to the matter at hand. There were a lot of hunters sent to fight Falz that day that you went, weren't there?" continued Delphinus.
"Well, yes, hundreds of us." Farylla answered. She thought back, and continued, "there were so many of us... and so few that survived the whole battle. I was in the second squadron to go. It was Redria and Pinkal in the second assault"
"Yes, it's good you remember this."
"Why is that? I mean, I know we were the ones who defeated him, but... you seem as though there's something else.. something you've hidden from me..." Farylla peered at her mother through accusing eyes as she said this.
"Well, there is.." Delphinus sat back down at her stool. "I know that there were a lot of Forces in the Pinkal faction, am I right?"
"Yes... continue.." Farylla could almost see where this was going.
"Well, when you defeated Falz, and there were hardly any of you left, only a small few of the Forces remained. One of these forces was.."
"Descestis..." Farylla said, cutting her mother off. "She, and some other Forces stayed behind after the battle. I just assumed they were using their powers to clean up the mess..."
"Yes, they probably were... but do you remember how many of those Forces came back after the "clean up"?" Delphinus prodded Farylla with the question.
"Oh God..." Farylla felt sick. Only one force had come back. It had been a FOmarl, in a state of shock, mumbling gibberish. Everyone in the Guild just assumed she had gotten drunk again and was stumbling back to the Guild after a celebration of some sort. Farylla began to move towards the front door of their apartment.
"Where are you going Farylla?" Delphinus was very concerned.
"I've got to go talk to her! I've got to go talk to Aviendah!!!"

Wang_Tang
Mar 26, 2002, 05:13 PM
hey everyone
im kinda busy lvling up far these days, so the frequency of my updates might slow down a little bit.
heres the 8th chapter
Farylla proceeded up the steps of the mansion. She hardly recognized the house that she had helped to warm. Beer cans crunched underfoot and clanked down the steps. Empty liquor bottles littered the lawn, and the smell of alcohol hung in the air like an old, wet sock. Farylla held her breath, and knocked on the door.
Bump bump bump... bump, Farylla heard from behind the door. "Coming!" a familiar voice sounded.
The Fomarl's auburn hair was a mess, her makeup had run down her face, and her breath smelled like whiskey. Farylla stared at her in disbelief. Was this the beautiful, distinguished Aviendah that she had come to know as Aunt Avi? This could not be. Her dress was torn, a sleeve was missing, and there was a large alcohol stain on the front of it.
"Oh Dear!! Farylla! Heavens child, where have you *hic* been?" asked Aviendah, as startled as though she had just seen a ghost.
"Um, I think the question should be... where have you been? From the looks of it... to hell and back...". Farylla stared at her friend with a sad face.
"Big party *hic* last night Far... you should have *hic* been there. I had a keg and everything.... odd... I can't *hic* remember anybody else showing up...."
Farylla shook her head, "Aunt Avi... *sigh* pull yourself together.. I've something I need to talk with you about.. something urgent."
"Ahh... come right.... in... whoa.... can you see the room spinning?" Aviendah stumbled a bit as she stepped back into her gigantic mansion, motioning for Farylla to follow her.
The inside of the house beared little difference to the front lawn. Discarded beer cans strewn about, empty pizza boxes, "Oh, there's the empty keg.." Farylla thought as she tried to avoid stepping on the Bunny Head at the end of Aviendah's sacred pole, which also looked intoxicated. Farylla proceeded to follow her wise old friend. Avi cleared off a place on her sofa for her and Far to sit.
"Here, child, sit." the Fomarl motioned to the clear space.
Farylla sat down after a moment of hesitation. She couldn't help but breath in the musty air. Her eyes darted around the mess which surrounded them. The bone of a Rappy drumstick protruded from underneath a chair. She could see a half eaten Delsaber burger near the drumstick, both of which were swimming with mold.
"Was Warchild here?" Farylla asked.
"Um... yes.. I believe she was here some time ago... cooked some *hic* meals and then left. Haven't heard from her since.."
"Oh.." Farylla looked around, wrung her hands together, then started.
"Um.. about what I said before, the thing I need to talk to you about..."
"Yes, go on, child."
"Well, the thing is.. hmm..." Farylla thought for a second, and then pulled the medallion out of her pocket. She held it out in the palm of her hand to show Aviendah.
"Omigosh!!!!" Aviendah screamed and jumped behind her couch, holding her head in her hands. "Get it away!! Get it away!"
"Huh?" Farylla was confused. "You know what this is?"
"I know WHO it came from, that, child, I do know...." Aviendah was now peering over the back of the sofa which she was hiding behind.
"That's right, Descestis.." Farylla looked at the coin as she said this. Aviendah cringed as the name was spoken. Something had happened that day that Falz was defeated, something more than just the battle with Falz.
"Please, Aunt Avi, tell me, what happened after we defeated Falz?!"
Aviendah hesitated to return to her spot on the sofa, but she soon got up and sat back down beside Farylla.
"Oh child, it was terrible.." Avi started. "I'll tell you... but you must listen carefully to every word I say...."

Wang_Tang
Mar 29, 2002, 07:29 PM
well, heres chapter... what is it now? 9 or something.. i dunno, around there. anyways, this might be the last one for a little bit, i'm having a bit of writers block.
-----------------------------------------
The wise old Fomarl looked concerned, as though for Farylla's mind, as she began to regale her with the tale she was about to tell. Aviendah hesitated for a moment, lifted her face so that she was looking Farylla in the eye, and began.
"The moment that Falz was defeated.... we were all wrapped in celebration. The evil had been defeated... the threat was now gone, or so we thought........"
***– 1 year earlier.. The Battle of Ragol, Dark Falz's final hour-***
The hunters fought valiantly upon the glowing whitish blue rings they stood upon. The most prominent of which were Wang_Tang, a large orange and white Racast, Aviendah, the Fomarl, War Child, the Racaseal, and of course, Farylla. There was another that fought alongside them.... a darkly clothed Fonewearl who never spoke a word to the hunters before, or after the long and arduous battle... they didn't know it then, but now they knew.... it was Descestis. Farylla swung her Imperial Pick. Wang_Tang let loose his Meteoric Mechgun. War Child pounded upon Falz, alternating between her Warchild Mechgun, and her AA Rifle. Aviendah slung tech after tech in the direction of the pure evil with which they were doing battle, and Descestis, although her life was in mortal danger, stood still. Periodically, she would cast Resta upon the party as they fought, as well as the attack raising Shifta, and the skin hardening Deband, although she never really seemed to do so when the party actually needed it. Farylla, between swipes of her Pick, constantly glanced over at the Fonewearl, who didn’t seem to be doing very much of anything. In an instant, the fighting stopped. Falz fell to the ground and was destroyed. The hunters were lowered to the ground, and the battle was finished. Farylla held her Pick in ready, for she wasn't taking any chances of being surprised by another form of Falz, however she wasn’t met by such a continued battle. War Child was the first to celebrate, crying "woooooooooooo!! Yeah! ^________^". Wang_Tang simply stated "A great victory indeed" and shot his mechgun into the air three times. This was not all that was going on after the battle. These were the only hunters celebrating... which raised the question of the whereabouts of Aviendah, and for that matter, Descestis. The hunters were too wrapped up in their celebration to notice the absence of the two forces....
At the back of the battlefield, Aviendah's muffled cries were only audible if one stood and listened, and knew what they were listening for. The poor woman knew why she was being dragged away by the evil Fonewearl that had accompanied them.
The moment that Falz died, and the hunters were being lowered to the ground, their minds were too busy with the knowledge of victory. This did not stop Aviendah from seeing something shocking. She had been watching Descestis for most of the fight, and after it was all over, she finally saw something which supported the actions of the darkly dressed newman. When Falz died, and fell to the ground... it was only his body that did so. As they were all descending from the air, Aviendah watched as the black soul of Dark Falz shot towards Descestis, and was absorbed into her little body. As they landed, Descestis faced Avi with a horrible, inescapable glare. Aviendah tried to run, but Descestis was too fast......
**Present - Aviendah's Mansion**
Farylla looked at her friend and thought she saw a tear forming in the eye of the distinguished Fomarl.
"It's all a *hic* blur after that..." Avi said as she stared down at the palms of her hands. She looked up at Farylla "She dragged me somewhere.... I *hic* don't know where.... it was so dark.... and... oh, child, it's all so vague.. I'm just lucky I got out of there alive...."
Farylla sat for a long time thinking. She tried to think of what this could mean. How did Descestis absorb Falz's soul? Is Falz still alive? Does he still live within the confines of the little Fonewearl's body? There were too many questions racing through Far's head. She tried to speak but her mind was too busy with thought.
"Please child... if your intent is to search out Descestis, be careful.. for her to have abducted me... ME!! She is more powerful than you or I could imagine... for a Dark Force now dwells within her...."
Aviendah stood up, as did Farylla. She put her hand on Far's shoulder and looked into her deep green eyes.
"Promise me. Promise me that you'll be careful, child.. that you'll take precaution. For the world to lose you.... it would greatly hurt our chance of survival against this great evil."
"I promise" Farylla simply stated, looking up into the face of "Aunt Avi", the face of hope.
"And as the first step in taking precaution, I must request something of you, Aunt Avi... but... you may not like it...."
"Go on, child, what is it?" Aviendah looked somewhat puzzled as she once again stared into those deep, green eyes.
"Come with me, please. Add your power to mine. We can do this... you and I. We can defeat Descestis."
Aviendah looked away. She turned around and looked out her window. She was enveloped in deep thought....

Wang_Tang
Apr 4, 2002, 09:50 PM
Chapter 10 - Evil Shows it's Face
The dark figure sat alone in the massive lair of evil. She lay across a chair, asleep, the green makeup on her soft skin was still in the same condition it was in years before, when she first put it on. The tiny Fonewearl's chest raised, then lowered, raised, then lowered. She was too far into her peaceful slumber to hear the footsteps coming down the hallway.
Breezblok walked down the hall with Principal Tyrell, in chains, dragging next to him. The Principal's mouth was covered with a dirty rag, and whenever he breathed in, it filled his lungs with the stench of decay. He mumbled loudly while the Humar dragged him angrily.
"Mmmm!! Mmm, mm, mmm!!" sounded the terrified Principal.
"Shut up!" yelled Breez as he brought his foot to the mid section of poor captured Tyrell, who grunted loudly and only continued mumbling.
"I said shut the hell up!!!" screamed Breezblock. He was about to punch the principal in the head, but his fist was intercepted by a small Gizonde blast. "Ow, shit!" he yelped.
"Now Breezblock, my humble servant, we wouldn't want to hurt our guest would we?" purred the melodiously evil voice in the doorway. Descestis stood with her eyes locked on the Principal. She chuckled, then transferred her gaze to the face of the Humar standing before her.
"I got him Descestis, I got the bastard." Breezblock said in a victorious tone. "His guards were no problem, and his secretary was easily won over... heh heh.." Breezblok blushed as he finished his sentence.
"Ugh.. I've seen enough of you for the day, off with you!" Descestis motioned with her hand for Breez to leave.
"Yes m'am...." Breez chuckled as he walked away.
"Now then, Ty-RELL" Descestis started in an angry tone. "Stand up... and follow me.."
Principal Tyrell tried to stand up, but was still reeling from Breezblok's powerful blow to the gut.
"Ugghh, must I do everything around here?!" Descestis lifted her hand, and Principal Tyrell rose to his feet against his own volition. The Fonewearl walked into her chamber, all the while holding her hand in the air behind her, bringing Tyrell along behind her with some kind of strange telekinesis. She sat down once more in her chair, awaking her Devil's Wing MAG that had taken rest on the arm of its masters perch. It fluttered about for a moment or two, before once again falling asleep. Tyrell merely looked in terror at the MAG, which was the opposite of the Angel's Wing. Forged in the fires of hell, this MAG was owned by only the most pure evil hunters, who had been exiled from the Guild. He had no idea where she had gotten it from, for she was never officially dismissed from the Guild.
"So, Tyrell..." cooed Descestis as she set the Principal down in on a small stool. "What have we to say about ourselves, hmm?" She motioned her hand in a circle, over and over, and the gag which was tied around Tyrell's mouth slowly unwrapped, and floated away from his head.
"You have no idea the repercussions this event will bring about." The Principal's gaze was one of steel. He stared at Descestis with pure rage.
"Ha!! "you have no idea.." Ahh ha ha ha!!" Descestis mocked the poor man, who still sat chained up. "Ya know, Ty-RELL, I never did like you... hmm, come to think of it, I never did like Rico, either..."
The Principal bolted forward in his seat... which he was unfortunately being held to with a force stronger than he had ever felt. "Unggh, you!! Ugh, unnggh" he stuggled to break free of the curse which held him in place, but it did no good, he only tired himself out even more. "It was you!!"
"Hmmm.... not as dumb as you look. Yes.. it WAS me... ha, surprised you figured THAT one out.." Descestis still had a mocking look on her face as she spoke down to the captured man.
"Now... should I do you in the same way I did in Rico? Or should I just fry you right where you sit....." She raised her hand, and pointed it in Tyrell's direction. Sparks began circling around her fingers, as a yellow aura formed around her hand.
"Hmm...... way I did Rico... or right now.... eenie..... meenie..... miny......." She stood up straight and held her hand straight out from her body. "MOE!!!" She screamed as she was about to unleash the massive, pent up Gizonde blast.
"WAIT!!!!!" yelled the Principal as he tried to duck out of the way.
Descestis stopped, the hatred which burned in her eyes subsided with a single blink.
"Yes dear? What is it? Baby want a lightning rod?" She scoffed as she once again began to ready her attack.
"No! Please, the Guild can't exist without me!"
"Tsk tsk, you've got it all wrong, Ty-RELL, the Guild can't exist without a Principal... not necessarily you." Descestis smirked as the words were spoken.
Tyrells eyes widened for a moment, then a tired look made its way across his face.
"*sigh*... ugh... okay... what.. oh god..." a disgusted look crossed the face of the fearless leader of the Guild.
"Yes? What is it this time?"
"Let's.... ugh... negotiate..."

Wang_Tang
Apr 5, 2002, 04:51 PM
hey everyone out there that reads this. i would really appreciate it if you replied to this to tell me what you think of my fic. that way i can guage whether or not i should keep writing it or not http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

^_^

Wang_Tang
Apr 13, 2002, 03:16 PM
Chapter 11 - Family Ties
Farylla left Aviendah's mansion with a lighter feeling in her heart. Her friend had agreed to join her. Now she just needed to gather a few more of her friends together to help with the assault upon the terror that was Descestis. She walked to the Hunter's Guild to see how the repairs were going. They were almost completed, however a somber mood hung in the air. The workers all looked discouraged, and the foreman of the operations looked no different. She approached the supervisor, and noticed that he looked very familiar.
"Far!!" he yelled as she approached.
"I'm sorry, do I know... oh my!!" Farylla was very surprised to see her Ramar friend, Blakwolf, standing before her. "Blak!! How have you been? I haven't seen you in ages! Geez, supervising construction? What happened to the Blak I used to know?"
"Well, there's not too much need for us hunters anymore, so I decided to put my leadership skills to a more practical use" Blak said, as he smiled, still happy to see Farylla.
"Well then maybe you could tell me what's going on here... what's with all the long faces?" Far looked curious, how could the happiness that enveloped this land such short days ago have gone away already?
"You haven't heard?" Blak looked puzzled, and Farylla could see the pain behind what he was about to tell her.
"Heard what? Blak what's wrong?" Far began to worry. Blak was usually very calm and collected, not getting too flustered about anything.
"Tyrell.... he was.... kidnaped."
"Oh God!!" Far shouted. "I don't believe it! Who would do such a thing?" Farylla looked to the ground... "Descestis..." she whispered.
"Reports say that a Humar was seen leaving the scene of the crime early in the morning. Plus... I fear it may have been one of our friends.... Breez.... he hasn't reported for duty in more than a week."
Farylla was taken aback. Could Breezblok have been seduced to join the evil Descestis? This was not an acceptable situation. Farylla had to act quickly before any more of Pioneer 2's finest were taken captive by this evil being.
"Blak... I know who's behind this... It's gotta be Descestis!"
"Who?" Blak thought hard.... but the name wasn't familiar to him.
"I'll explain on the way, c'mon, we gotta go tell Aviendah!"
**- One Hour Later -**
"Oh child.... this is terrible..." Avi started. She wrung her hands continuously, her long hair still in disarray. She walked into her kitchen and came back with 3 mugs filled with Nar Lilly tea. Farylla and Blak, sitting on the sofa, both said "thank you" in unison as they were handed the red tea, which almost had a cherry flavour to it.
"With Tyrell kidnaped, the government is held in a very questionable position... we cannot allow Descestis to go any further..." Aviendah's hangover was obviously gone. She was on her way back to being her normal, coherent, intelligent self. "Oh dear, look at me, child.. I'm quite the mess... excuse me, would you?"
"Of course, Aunt Avi." Farylla replied as she watched Aviendah go in to her room to shower, and to change.
As the Fomarl left the room, Farylla stared down at her tea. Blakwolf did the same. The both of them were gripped with mixed emotions. Sadness, anger, anxiety, worry.... These feelings combined within them to form a paralyzing concoction, that enabled them only to sit still, and reflect upon the horrible events of the past few days. The sunlight cascaded into the window, warming Farylla's skin, and glinting off the tiny waves in Blakwolf's tea. She looked up, and felt the light bask her face in warmth. She looked at Blak, who's eyes still remained fixed upon his tea. With his back to the window, his large build was accented in the silhouette formed by his body. Farylla had always enjoyed Blakwolf's company. He was like a big brother to her, and he always came through for her when she needed him to. Farylla's thoughts continued to spiral from one thing to another. Her history with Blak, the redness of her tea, and even where Aviendah got the shag carpet which lay on the floor underfoot....
This mixture of thoughts went away, as Aviendah came into the room wearing a long silk dress. The colour white never looked as good on Aviendah as it did now. Her hair was down, but was groomed. Her auburn locks rolled down her shoulders, and reflected the sunlight coming in the window. Avi approached her seat, and once again took rest. She sat, quite eloquently, took her mug up into her hands, brought it to her soft lips for a tiny sip, then placed it back down, upon the coaster on the table next to her.
"Now then, child... I trust you've a reason for bringing Blakwolf along with you.." Avi smiled at Blak, as her eyes sparkled, perhaps from the sunlight, or perhaps from the hope that was re-instilled in her heart from Farylla's exuberance.
"Yes, Aunt Avi. I wish to combine the powers of as many of my closest friends as possible. I've a few more people in mind for the team I wish to put together to combat Descestis."
"I see, child... I see..." Avi took another sip of her crimson beverage as she took Farylla's ideas into consideration. "I sense a deeper reasoning for the choices you have made, and the choices you will make... regarding who you'll take with you..."
"Hmm.... yes.. Aunt Avi.. I have. In my heart, you've always seemed like an Aunt to me, and Blak, a brother. It is this family-like love that will help us to muster the faith to destroy Descestis..." Farylla loved it when Avi predicted exactly what she was thinking.
Blakwolf looked over to Farylla and smiled. As she spoke the words "and Blak, a brother", his heart was filled with a warmth he had never before known.
"A brother... heh, y'know Farylla, it's strange, but I've always thought of you as a sister as well... I've always had the utmost respect for your decisions, and I know this alliance you're forming will be a successful one." Blakwolf smiled again.
"Ahh child..." This time Avi was referring to Blak. "But the alliance is not complete as of yet... we must help Farylla seek out the one representing her sister.... one who none have seen for quite a long while...." Avi looked to Far.
Farylla looked sad. It was true, the person Avi was talking about hadn't been seen in quite a while. Even as a close friend, contact had been lost between them. Farylla once again brought her gaze to the very old, very moldy, Rappy drumstick laying on the floor under Avi's chair.
"Yes, child... she is the one we must find..."

Breezblok
Apr 21, 2002, 02:18 PM
This fic rules, dude! I forgot how fun PSO-related fics could be. You got the mix just right - imagination, adventure and a good mix of characters. Oh yeah, and I'm in it too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Good stuff, wang_tang! Hope to see s'more updates soon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Wang_Tang
Apr 23, 2002, 03:48 PM
hey thanks breez! just because you replied and said you liked it, im gonna update it even more often ^_^;

*goes back to writing the fic*

Wang_Tang
Apr 28, 2002, 02:54 PM
hey due to some setbacks i may not update the fic as often as i'd like to, im workin on it, but i have more pressing things to get done, like homework T__T

Wang_Tang
Apr 29, 2002, 09:19 PM
an update!! w00t!!
Chapter 12: A Fallen Friend
----------------------------------------
They started out at dawn after a good night's sleep at Aviendah's mansion. Luckily, a few of the 26 rooms in the huge building were untouched, so they were tidy enough for Far and Blak to sleep in.
The stones in the lane crunched under Farylla's feet as she walked, slowly, looking at the ground as she went. As usual, her mind was pre-occupied with the usual haze of questions, so she didn't notice Aviendah and Blakwolf taking a different course down the multitude of paths surrounding Avi's mansion. She felt the lack of their presence behind her, and therefore turned to see their backs turned to her as they walked.
"Hey! Wait up guys!" she shouted as she ran towards the two.
Aviendah's billowing dress swirled as she turned to face Farylla. As Far caught her breath, she looked up at Avi's face, then Blak's, then back to Avi.
"Where are you guys going? Heh, Guild is that way." she said in a joking tone as she pointed to the path previously traveled by her tiny feet.
Aviendah was wordless, merely reaching into her pocket and pulling out a set of keys, jingling them in front of Farylla's face. Blak was the first to break the growing silence as he opened his mouth.
"Avi's got a transport. She managed to get it for a retirement gift. Pretty sweet too, Omega 32b class." Blak looked proud that he would be riding to the Guild in style.
Farylla simply smiled as she followed her companions to the large hangar behind the mansion. As they turned the corner to face the rear of the house, she saw the magnificent ship. It was large, almost 2 stories tall, much larger than most personal transport ships. Golden letters were etched on the bow, "Omega 32b - Aviendah". As they approached, Avi held up her set of keys, and depressed the green button on the remote that was attached to the key chain. A large clank sounded, as the platform lowered for them to enter. They boarded the ship single file, first Avi, then Blak, followed by Far, who's mouth was still open in awe. They walked down the blue metallic corridor to a warp, which they all stepped into. Aviendah cleared her throat, and announced: "Level one, section alpha, main bridge please." A loud voice sounded over the air, from a speaker which Farylla could not see. "Right away Madam."
Farylla looked down as the warping process began. She could feel all of the molecules in her body leaving their position, and entering the data stream. All she could see was green. What looked like lines of code streaming through the air were actually the particles of her body, converted into computer information. Whenever Farylla went through a warp, she enjoyed it thoroughly. The process, which was only a split second long, seemed like an eternity to her. She felt like she could be forever enveloped in the blissful escape of the matter-data converter and be at complete peace. The temporary heaven was ended as the group arrived at the bridge and assumed their positions. Aviendah walked to the center of the bridge, and held her arms out from her sides, with a large grin on her face.
"Welcome to the bridge. Our in flight movie will be postponed due to the fact the flight will only be 5 minutes. ^_^" She stopped speaking, but continued smiling as she took her place in the captain's chair, which Farylla noticed was more like the captain's mech-suit.
Avi sat down in the chair, and 2 black, metal arms rose from two holes in the floor to the left and right of her seat. They each had two glove-like mechanisms on the ends of them, and Avi inserted her hands into these sockets. As she grasped the small levers inside the gloves, a helmet, and shoulder supports extended from the ceiling of the ship. After Avi had her shoulders secure, and the helmet had fastened underneath her chin, a large belt came around from behind her and completed the process of strapping her in.
Farylla and Blak sat down next to each other.
"God I hate this part" said Farylla as she scooted closer to Blakwolf, finding comfort in the warmth of his side. Blak put his arm around her minuscule shoulders, and comforted her further.
"Heh, it's okay kid, I'm here." His smile widened, and his eyes sparkled. Farylla looked up at him and smiled. She moved in closer and held him tightly as Aviendah began the launch process.
Avi lifted the heavy glove mechanisms, causing the ship to slowly tilt upward. She moved her hands back slightly, causing the ship to go into a state of temporary vibration. She turned her head to the side and smirked.
"Having fun yet, Far?" She said in a tone which made Farylla think she was insane. "Oh Christ, what's she gonna do now?" ran through Farylla's mind, spiraling around the front of her brain, ready to be spoken, but hushed as Avi turned back around.
Vvvvvvrrooooomm, vvrrrrrrroooom... the massive engines revved loudly, causing flocks of birds to leave their perches in the nearby trees.
"Heh, let's just go Avi, the poor girl is shaking.." Blak said, though he appeared to be holding back laughter. He knew it would be an error to laugh at Farylla right now. "Seriously.." he thought, "She's only 8.. I'd hate this part too" he looked down at Far again, with a concerned look on his face.
"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwww!!!" screamed Avi as she engaged the Photonic Megaton Drive.
Now was the part that Farylla hated the most. The sudden burst of speed. The feeling that every organ in her body was about to be ripped out of her back, that she was a paper bag filled with rocks, which could rip her little bones out of her back, throwing them to the back of the large room. She shut her eyes as tightly as she could, until they hurt more than her innards being pressed against the inside of her back. She grunted as the final stage of take-off was completed, and the momentum within the ship was normalized. "Guhh!" she grunted out as she pushed forward, trying to get out of her seat, but realizing that both her seatbelt, and Blakwolf's arms still held her in place.
"Jesus.... this is why I walk everywhere.." Farylla said, still reeling from the pain of the G-force.
"You okay back there, Far?" asked the now concerned Aviendah as she spotted the glowing dome that covered the visitors center of the Guild.
Farylla panted, held her hand to her chest, breathing in and out quickly. Blak put his hand on her back, bringing her to ease.
"Yeah... I think I'll be alright... lets just get to the Guild.." Farylla shook off the pain, as she always did. She remembered when she was 3, about when the time she was already halfway through the Guild's training program, which was normally an 8 year course. She had gone into the Hunter's Guild on Pioneer 2, unnoticed because of her size. She was on her way to the simulator with her trusty saber, frame, barrier, and her Bana, which she had raised herself. She was pretty proud of herself for raising a fully grown MAG all by herself. She stepped into the transport and pressed the button for the first area of the Forest simulator, a program that enabled hunters to prepare for the real thing, Ragol. She ran to the first room, a round area with a few crates scattered about. She had a little trouble flicking on the switch on her saber with her tiny hands, but she did it. She walked out into the first area, and her Bana became worried, spinning over her shoulder, covering her in a golden shield.
"No Bana, I can do it!" she yelped, and the Bana obeyed her, clicking, whirring, and disengaging her invincibility. She walked forward, and out of nowhere, 2 Boomas dug themselves out of the ground.
"Ha ha, bring it on!" Farylla was obviously very confident in her skills. She ran toward the first Booma, scooting around behind it. She climbed up its back quickly, feeling the soft fur against her skin, and made her way to its broad shoulders. She took up her saber, spun it in the air a few times for pizzaz, then plunged it into the skull of the beast. It died instantly, spraying blood up into the air, narrowly missing Farylla?s clean white uniform.
"Nya nya nya, killed you!" she sang, she had begun to quench her bloodlust. The second Booma wasn't as easy to kill, for Farylla couldn't find it! She stood in the same spot, looking left and right. "Come out, come out, wherever you are.." she cooed, as the Booma approached from behind her. It lifted its paw into the air, and brought it down upon Farylla. She noticed the claw coming down, but it was too late. She tried to dive out of the way, but the claws dug into her left tricep, generating a large cracking sound.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaauuugh!!!" Farylla wailed. She was about to start crying as she saw the broken bone protruding from the open skin of her arm, but she knew what had to be done. She forgot the pain. She used her good arm to unleash a multitude of cuts and slashes unto the beastly Booma. The final swipe opened its mid section, spilling its innards onto the forest floor. Farylla looked at her arm, cringed, and set a telepipe. She'd been hurt, but she put that aside to make way for the more important task, defeating the enemy, defeating evil.
What she was doing now was no different. She quickly and easily forgot the pain inside of her body. She knew that the pain would go away, but Descestis didn't, unless Farylla did something.
She undid her seatbelt, thanked Blak, and got up. She walked up behind Aviendah and put her hand on the back of her chair, looking out the front window of the ship. They were almost there, just a few more seconds.
Rats hissed and scattered themselves about in the dank catacombs. A Varaha lay covered in dust, beside an Anti Android rifle that was covered in mildew. A small spider made its way up the side of the Varaha, and down the other. It made its way across the floor, the tiles, the previously layed web. Bug droppings, the eggs of spiders and many different bugs, and various other debris lay about, covering the mysteries held within what had become a crypt. A tomb, a casket for a hero. The spider continued to crawl, minding its own spider business. It came across something very large, something that looked like it had once been covered in a green, organic material. This material was long decomposed. The spider crawled up the metallic surface, finding its path along the curvature of the structure. It saw a light, a pair of lights.... glowing blue. It headed in the direction of the lights, stepping over a burnt out Purplenium insignia. When it finally came to rest on one of the glowing blue ovals, its life was brought to an end. Large pieces of what seemed to be green string landed on it, entangling its legs. It struggled to move for what seemed to be hours, but it was only minutes... It fell, knocking down a small, rectangular piece of metal that was attached to the Purplenium insignia on its way to the floor. As it hit the floor, the piece of metal came crashing down upon it, crushing it. The piece of metal lay on the carcass of the now lifeless arachnid. Light shone on the metal, reflecting the word that was written on the wall.
"dlihCraW"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wang_Tang on 2002-04-29 19:20 ]</font>

War_Child
Apr 30, 2002, 02:38 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

poor WC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wang_Tang
May 18, 2002, 11:10 PM
chapter 13 - Hope Must Survive
--------------------------------------
"NO!! That's not good enough!!" Descestis screamed across the table at a bound up Tyrell.
Tyrell looked at her as she spat his words back at him.
"You want me to be co-principal? What the hell do you take me for?!" boomed the tiny Fonewearl as she loaded up a huge Gizonde blast, her favourite technique, to throw at Principal Tyrell.
"Well what the hell am I supposed to do?! Just step down for some whacked out, pseudo-sorceress?! I have people depending on me, dammit!" boomed Tyrell across the meeting room. He tried to slam his left fist on the table, but it was bound to his right.
"Ugggghhhhhh! This is getting nowhere! Maybe I should just kill you right now!" She pulled her hand into the air and squeezed her tiny little fist, as the aura of lightning formed around it.
"I want FULL ownership of the Guild! That includes the access codes to every mainframe, every computer system, every room of that building...." her eyes burned with passion. She knew that she could break this pitiful little man. This was going to be just like all the others. Capture, threaten, receive information, it was that simple. Or so she thought.
"Threaten me all you want, you little snot... you'll never get the information you so desperately seek..." he growled, becoming more and more angry.
"Little snot!? Hah! The last time I heard those words spoken, they were coming out of my mouth, directed towards Rico!! Heh, it was a little hard for her to reply to that while she was choking on her own blood..."
"Shut UP!" Tyrell spat as he exploded to his feet, only to be shocked by Breezblok's tazer, sending him groaning back to his seat.
"You'd better calm down, Ty-RELL, or you'll be getting a much larger shock than that!" threatened Descestis, hand still glowing, the shock growing ever stronger. "Now give me the codes..." she raised her hand towards Tyrell, "give me those God damned codes..." she growled, refining her aim.
"Never" said Tyrell, almost whispering.
"You brave son of a bitch.."
She readied her shot for the last time. She opened the palm of her hand, revealing a giant ball of lightning, like a snake curled up inside of a hamster ball. The Gizonde blast was just dying to be unleashed...
Breezblok stepped forward quickly and screamed, "Descestis, NO!!"

For miles, the only sound that could be heard that afternoon was the deafening "ZAP!!" that echoed across the mountainous hills of Ragol. The sound crackled across the canyons like the Gods themselves had punished the planet with an unrelenting assault of mayhem. And then, as quickly as the sound had shattered the afternoon silence, it died down, leaving the habitat just as quiet as it had previously been.
"Did you guys just hear something?" asked a confused Farylla, as she stepped off the platform extending from the giant ship sitting in the parking hangar of the Guild. She strained her ears to hear any trace of what she thought she had heard, but it was for nought, the sound no longer existed.
"Huh? Oh, maybe, I wasn't really paying attention..." replied Blak, as his feet carried him along the deep blue metal platform. Plink, plink, plink, the sound was quiet amongst the hustle and bustle surrounding the hangar.
"Sorry child, I couldn't hear anything." Avi stated.
"Hmm, must have been nothing then..." said Farylla as she followed behind the magnificent looking Fomarl, who's brilliant white dress stood out against the drab uniforms of the crowd.
The three walked to the large doors at the end of the hangar, stepping through the smaller doors just to their right. They continued down the corridor, walking single file to avoid stepping into the group of soldiers and high ranking hunters that were marching the other way.
"Hot damn, security sure has been beefed up." Blak said as he looked back at Farylla, who smiled, returned her gaze to the floor in front of her, and kept walking.
When they arrived at the main office, Aviendah approached the desk and greeted the ladies working behind it. Farylla and Blak took two of the three free chairs in the waiting room, and waited for their friend to join them.
"I wonder what mom thinks of all this.."
Farylla pondered.
"Who, Delphinus? Well I know she'll have heard of it, it would have been all over this morning's daily news." Blak replied.
"Good thing she hasn't retired yet... we may be needing her to join us... but I hope not, I don't want her getting hurt.." Farylla said, as she looked out the window.
Ever since that day that she received the news about her father, and how her mother was the only survivor out of the four who fought Falz, she had an overbearing feeling that she needed to protect Delphinus. She was only 8, but she felt as though she was in her twenties. She always knew that she was much more advanced than all of the other children her age, but she never asked why. She made a mental note to ask her mother later, there were more pressing matters at the moment, after all.
"Well, here comes Avi." said Blak as he stood to greet the frustrated looking Fomarl.
Farylla stood up, and made her way to Blak's side as Avi approached them, carrying three datapads.
"Here" Avi said as she handed Blak and Far each a datapad.
"What are these for? I thought we could just go right in..." Farylla said.
"Well, not right now... seems the government has amped up the security so tight that even the most highly recognized hunters need to present identification, and a blood sample before they can get into the main building...." Avi was very dismayed. She had hoped that this could be a quick job, in and out, but she was wrong. The three of them sat down to fill out their datapads.
Farylla pressed the main button on hers, and a small introduction came up:.
Welcome to the Guild! Due to security reasons, we need you to complete this brief form before you may enter the main portion of the building. Please swipe your ID plate in the slot on the side of this datapad. Then, remove the blood sampler from the top and hold it in the palm of your hand. After providing a blood sample, speak into the microphone at the top of the datapad, detailing briefly why you wish to enter the building today. Thank you for your co-operation, and have a nice day ^_^.
"Wait, enter the building "today"? Does that mean you have to do this every day that you come in? Oh God, they really have amped security." Blak said in a concerned voice.
Farylla removed her ID plate from below the Pinkal insignia around her neck, and swiped in the side of the datapad.
"Welcome, Farylla. Please remove the blood sampler from the top of the datapad, squeeze it in your hand for five full seconds, then return it to its place at the top of the datapad." chimed the datapad.
"Uh, okay.." Farylla said, as she watched her friends give their samples, first Avi, then Blak. She promptly removed the small, silver, cylinder from the top of the datapad. She then removed the glove from her right hand, and squeezed the blood sampler as tightly as she could. She could feel the pin at the top of the blood sampler puncturing her skin.
"One one thousand, two one thousand..." she counted, returning the sampler to the top of the datapad when she was finished.
"Thank you for your blood sample Farylla. When you are ready to enter your voice message, please press the green button displayed on the screen and speak briefly about why you wish to visit us here at the Guild today." said the datapad.
"Um, guys, what exactly are we going to do here? I mean, Avi, it was your idea to come here..." Farylla said in a questioning tone.
"Well child, I suppose we could start by searching through the archives." Avi said.
"Sounds like a good idea to me." Blak said, as he pressed the button on his datapad and said, "searching for a hunter in the archives."
Farylla and Avi did the same. After they had all recorded their messages, Aviendah collected the group's datapads, and started towards the front desk, with Farylla and Blak in tow. The woman at the desk thanked them, ran their datapads through the computer, and gave them each a clearance card that would allow them access to the archives of the Guild.
"Thanks." Avi said to the receptionist as she began to walk down the corridor to the left of the front desk. They came to a set of stairs, which they descended until they came to the archives level, which took up an entire floor of the Guild. Farylla walked over to a computer console and yelled to the others.
"I'll start here. Blak, you look through the teleport records for all simulators, and any other miscellaneous teleports. Aviendah, you check for any modified records, look for fowl play, or maybe she doesn’t want to be found." said Farylla, her leadership skills showing through her small exterior.
"I'm on it" Blak said.
"Of course, child." said Aviendah.
Farylla cracked her knuckles and set her fingers upon the keyboard of the console. She stood for a moment, and thought to herself "Sure, what the hell, couldn't hurt.", and typed in the name of the one she was looking for into the field that said "Search-a-Hunter".
She was shocked when she opened the file corresponding with the first result. "Oh my God..." ran through her mind.
"Aviendah! Blak! Come quick! You need to see this!" she yelled, fighting back tears. She neglected to acknowledge the other hunters in the archives that were telling her to be quiet.
Blak and Avi came running, for they knew that Far wouldn't yell out in a place that was supposed to be quiet, unless she had a good reason to.
"Look." Farylla said, pointing to the screen, finally breaking down. She wasn't able to hold back the tears.
Avi was the first to gasp, followed by Blakwolf, as they looked in horror at the information displayed on the screen.

Hunter's Name: WarChild

Wang_Tang
May 29, 2002, 06:30 PM
Chapter 14: Reunited at Last
-------------------------------
The beeping was loud, or at least it seemed that way in the dark cavern that had been silent for so long. Covered in mildew, all he could see was his own initialization sequences:
init code: activate system=main
checking power...... 87%
checking visual algorithms: fine
activating main unit......
head... active... arm units... active... propulsion systems... active... all systems=go
initialize program: WT.... emergency mission objective: Find her.
Breezblok lay on the floor, struggling to breath from the massive electrical surge running through his body. Principal Tyrell looked down at the poor Humar and wondered, "Why? Why would he help me?".
Descestis walked over to her loyal assistant. Had she gone too far? Was trying to kill Tyrell really the wrong choice? She didn’t think so. She only thought Breezblok was stupid for stepping in her way, yes, that was what she told herself.
"Get him out of here.... get him a medic..." said the black haired Fonewearl, wallowing in disbelief. Ever since she had recruited Breez, she had never known him to regain his ethics and morality. She thought she had completely wiped that from his brain long ago, but here he was, almost dead because of this heroic, and stupid act. Her hand still numb, she grabbed the back of Tyrell's chair and spun him around so that he faced her.
"See what I can do Ty-RELL? He has armour on, he has defense against magic, and I still nearly killed him!! Imagine what I could have done to you..." she said through her teeth.
"Go ahead, do it to me, it'll only make the situation worse."
"Ha, I doubt it. Corruption runs deep in the government of Pioneer 2, Ty-RELL... you were just too wrapped up in your precious little plans for colonization to notice... If I killed you, there's nothing anyone could do to stop me from becoming principal..." She glared at him, assuming he would not see past her bluff.
"Ha! That's heresy, you rotten little wench. I know for a fact that the Guild has already sent hunters out to look for me, and when they find me...."
"They won't find--"
"WHEN they find me, Descestis, your life will quickly become a living hell..."
The large Racast stood up, hearing the sound of his own gears grinding and whining, struggling to lift his massive bulk from the floor of the cavern. He shook himself off, but he noticed it was unusually dark. He couldn't even see the glow of his own eyes reflecting off the condensation on the walls. He ran a system check and found that his visual algorithms were running under optimal efficiency, then he noticed the problem. His entire body was covered in mildew, dried algae, and other various plant life. He lifted his huge hand to his face and wiped the gunk away.
Immediately he saw where he was, or rather, where he hoped he wasn't. He proceeded to wipe off the rest of his body, and then scanned his surroundings in order to gain his bearings back. He was in a tunnel, a long tunnel, with walls made of large, very old looking bricks. He turned his head to the left, then the right, trying to find her.
His memory chips seemed to be damaged. He knew he was here for a purpose, but he knew not what that purpose was. He knew he had come with someone, but that someone’s name had escaped him.
He began to walk to the right, going down the tunnel towards a mysterious glowing. This was unlike the warm glow of the sun, for it was blue, almost turquoise, and it was very faint. He proceeded to follow the light, until he came across the someone he had been looking for. At that instant, his visual circuits flashed, and his memory resequenced itself, showing him a vague flashback of his mission.
*bzzrrtt* There was yelling, lots of yelling, and he was searching for something. Everything was so blurry, where was he? Who was yelling? Oh no, she's hurt, go and help her!! Aauugh, what's this? I'm floating.... being carried by a current. A current to nowhere. It's stopping, I'm stopping, my feet are rubbing against something... the ground? There, I'm not moving anymore, good, now where is she? Am I almost there? I need to get there, I need to find– *bzzrrtt*
His eyes readjusted, and he noticed that he was standing in front of her. His circuits worked hard to search for her name in his database, and finally, a name popped up on his display:
WarChild, Hunter Class, Section ID Designation: Purplenium, Importance: Partner
That was it! That was who she was.... WarChild... it was all coming back to him now.
He looked down at her, his partner, WarChild, battered and broken, she looked like a toy doll. A toy doll that had just been played with by a rottweiler, chewed up and spit out. Her artificial skin was almost completely gone, as well as her synthetic hair. Her eyes glowed, as though her mind, her essence, her soul, still resided within this tiny body. The Racast bent down, and picked her up to move her to an area that was dry, so that he could interface with her matrix and determine what was the matter with her. As he picked her up, her appearance regressed further, back to the way she had looked when he had first met her. Her artificial skin fell off completely, her hair fell from her head, and he was now looking down at her light blue body.
"Heh, *bzzrt* she always did look better this way...." he said as he set her down on a dry section of the floor. He went back across the room and grabbed her helmet from the floor, placing it back on her head to complete her appearance.
"I hope this works...." He squatted down in front of her and waved his massive hand over the Purplenium insignia on her chest, and it opened to reveal two small interface ports. He opened a port on his wrist, and a single wire came out, and went into the left interface port of the little Racaseal.
"C'mon.... c'mon....." said the Racast in dismay. "Work... come on"
Finally, a single wire slowly exited the right interface port in WarChild's chest. It struggled, like a worm trying to inch its way out of a hole in a slab of concrete. The Racast was very please to see this happening, as this meant she was still alive. Her wire entered his wrist, and her body jolted, sending images into the Racast"s mind.
Hundreds of images flashed in front of his eyes, mostly of Nakago, WarChild's husband. He saw images of her children, images of her friends, images of her battle against Dark Falz, and at the end of the stream of memories, images of their mission failing.
She jolted to life. Her eyes began glowing even brighter, making the room even brighter. Her hand reached up and ripped away the interface cables. She pushed the Racast away in anger and fear. Letting out a scream, she jumped back.
"Aaah!! Who the.."
"It's okay, War, it's me!!" he said, raising his hands to calm the excited Racaseal down.
"Oh my God it's you.... Wang_Tang!!!"

SuzukaCC
Jun 1, 2002, 12:55 AM
Hmmm I like the story but I would just say I was kinda confused at the start. Maybe if a story setting was placed in like a pre-text type of thing it would help. Other than that I enjoyed reading this. I love to read about other peoples PSO char.

Wang_Tang
Jun 22, 2002, 09:39 PM
*bump*
hey everyone, sorry about the lack of updates, but i got alot of other stuff goin on. things are calming down as of late though, so hopefully you'll see another new chapter soon.

thanks to everyone for all of the nice compliments

Wang_Tang
Jun 23, 2002, 11:37 AM
Chapter 15: No, You Don't
------------------------------------------
"No, no... I don't believe it..." Blak walked across the archives to where Farylla was standing, head in hands, crying. He put his arm around her shoulders and looked back at Aviendah, who was still standing near the monitor, dumbfounded by the information she had just absorbed.
Blak's eyes pleaded with Aviendah. He didn't... no, he couldn't believe that WarChild was dead. She always fought with a vigor never seen in any other hunter. Aside from Farylla, Blakwolf had never seen a hunter so enthusiastic about working for the Guild. He had to believe that WarChild was still alive.
"She... she isn't..." said Aviendah, surprised by her own words.
"What?!" cried Farylla as she ran towards Avi with a look of hope on her face, unrelenting hope.
Aviendah looked at the floor as though it wasn't there. She seemed to be looking through the floor, but Far and Blak both knew she was looking deep into her own thoughts, straining to hold on to the images that had flashed before her eyes.
"Aunt Avi, please don't do this... please don't--"
"I'm not, Farylla I'm not joking around" said Aviendah, still searching through her own thoughts. Her mind was a jumble, but she was able to control the chaos of her own thoughts, and find the images that had just flashed before her.
"She's... she's alive... somewhere. I.." Aviendah strained.
"Avi?" Blak said. "Avi, concentrate." He put his hand on her shoulder, calming her, enabling her to focus.
"It's dark... there's someone else here, it's him! Oh my God, after so long, it's him! I thought I was a goner..." Aviendah spouted, seemingly insane. She had established a mental link with WarChild, and was acting as a channel for War's inner monologue. "Oh... how long have I been gone? I wonder if Farylla is okay..."
"War!!" shouted Farylla, followed by a shh.
"It's gone, I lost it... I'm sorry Farylla." Avi said, disappointed in herself.
"No, don't be sorry! She's alive!!" Farylla threw her hands around Avi's waist and hugged her as hard as she could. She was in a state of intense relief that her friend was okay.
"You did well, Avi" Blak smiled and removed his hand from Aviendah's shoulder.
"Well," said Farylla, withdrawing from the comfort of Avi's hug. "I guess we know what good this is..." Farylla punched a few keys, and exited the Search-a-Hunter program.
Farylla, Blak, and Aviendah stepped off the Omega 32b - Aviendah, and onto the walkway to Farylla’s home.
"Mom! Mom guess what? You'll never believe what-- mom?" Farylla was panting as she stopped running. She stood in the living room of her home, wondering where Delphinus was.
"Mom? Hello?"
Farylla walked through her house with caution. It was very unusual that her mother had not replied yet. Very strange indeed. Farylla walked into her kitchen, only to find a datapad on the table with large red letters on it.
I HAVE YOUR MOTHER NOW, FARYLLA. CEASE YOUR EFFORTS TO FIND ME, OR SHE DIES.
"Oh sh--"
"Farylla! What's going on?!" asked Aviendah as her and Blak approached from behind. Farylla calmly held up the datapad to show her friends.
"She's got mom." said Farylla in a quiet, angry tone. Aviendah could see the rage behind Farylla's eyes, a rage that showed Farylla was about to do something. Something heroic, something crazy, something brave.
"This has gone too far. It ends now."
Farylla pushed past Blak and Avi, walked into her room, and came out with an Imperial Pick. As she walked, her brilliantly glowing Angel's Wing fluttered behind her shoulders.
"Suit up. We move out at noon." said Farylla.
"Go to hell!" Delphinus yelled. It didn't bother her that she was chained to the wall, that was easy to get out of. What bothered her was the yellow aura around her. Descestis had created a Gizonde-barrier of sorts, to keep Delph from escaping.
"You little bitch. When my daughter finds out you have me.." Delphinus started.
"She'll realize it's useless to oppose me. If she comes looking for you, you get a special treat... heh heh" Descestis scoffed, unafraid of any threats Delphinus may offer.
"Now then," Descestis said to her assistant as she started to walk away from Delphinus, who remained on the wall, struggling to get free. "I believe there's the matter of rewarding the captor of my little orange haired friend here."
"Yes ma'am" said the assistant. He pulled out a small silver tube, brought it to his lips, and blew. Descestis soon heard footsteps, followed by the terrible sight of the one who brought her Delphinus.
It made a mechanical noise as it walked, but it was no android. It... she... walked towards Descestis in a slow, almost sexual manner. Descestis's gaze raised slowly from the things feet to it's face. First she saw it's boots, as normal as they come, standard issue for Hunewearls of the Guild. Next she took in the vision of the thing's slender legs. Shins, knees, but then there was something else. Wires protruded from the thing's thighs, extending up it's body to various key locations. They extended to it's pelvis, it's waist, it's belly, it's chest, and it's head. The bio-mechanical monstrosity walked towards her and stopped, giving a small, synthetic sounding meow. It looked at her through one eye with a yellow iris, and a slit-shaped pupil, and another eye that was covered with an orange shaded bio-implant lens.
"Mrr, you called?" said the thing.
"Yes, um... congratulations for... ugh... capturing Delphinus for me." Descestis couldn't bear to look at this disfigured Hunewearl for much longer. She lowered her hand to her pocket, and produced a small golden medal. She raised it to the things shoulder and pinned it to what material was left. The thing brought its hand up to its mouth, licked it, stroked her short pink hair, then spoke.
"Thank you, nyan." it said as it lowered its hand back down to its side.
"Yes, well, you may leave now." said Descestis as she caught a glimpse of the Purplenum insignia on the things neck band, seeing the name "TSFO-SnAPPLE" on the nameplate.

Wynd
Jun 25, 2002, 09:29 PM
This is the first PSO Fan Fic I've ever read. It's good, too. Keep it goin'! Can't wait for the next chapter.

Wang_Tang
Jun 26, 2002, 04:40 PM
hey sweet this is the first pso fanfic you've ever read? i feel so special ^_^
i remember the first fic i ever read - Kasera is Dead: Flesh Into Steel, amazing fic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

anyways, new chapter this week maybe, i dunno.

Wang_Tang
Jul 29, 2002, 08:06 PM
This is chapter 16 i believe... *checks* yarr it be 16. anyways, at the beginning of writing this chapter i was listening to "Ill Nino - God Save Us" so thats why its violent... anyways....

Chapter 16: Hide Your Tears, Child

"Aaaaaauuuggggggggh!!" she screamed, bringing her Imperial Pick hard to her right, taking the beast in half, feeling the warm blood spray over her smooth skin. She continued to slash the Bartles, alongside her friends in the beginning of the arduous battle that lay ahead.
"Nnnnnnnnnnnng take... thiiiiiiis!! Auuuuuuuugh!" Farylla continued to wail with rage and dispair as she fought of the terrible beasts.
Aviendah cast spells faster than she could think, Blak blasted in all directions, each shot laid down with perfect accuracy. The clearing in the woods became exactly that, clear, after what seemed like a matter of minutes.
Panting, Farylla fell to her knees, and put her hands on the ground in front of her. Rage filled her mind, her heart, and her soul, and it had taken it's toll. Her valiant efforts to fight her way to Descestis' lair were sapping her of energy already, she needed to calm down.
"Christ Farylla, at that rate, you won't last much longer..." Blak stated, crouching down and putting his hand on her shoulder.
"I'll last long enough..." said Farylla in a quiet-angry tone. Barely a whisper, but still loud enough for Blak to hear, she continued. "She's not taking anyone else..."
Farylla, Blak, and Aviendah proceeded through the woods on their way to the crater left when Falz was destroyed. The forest had changed greatly since before the colonization. Residential areas lay in disuse, a heavy fog hung at the Hunters' ankles, and trees hung over pathways like weary travelers, desperate for sleep.
The moon crept above the horizon, bidding farewell to the sun, which now dipped below the sky. Aviendah and Blak pushed some wood into a pile, and brought logs to the circle to sit on. Avi and Blak sat down, leaving one log empty for Farylla, who was standing at the edge of the small clearing, staring into the darkness.
"Farylla? Wanna come sit down? I'm about to start the fire..." said Avi in her most motherly tone. She cared deeply for Farylla, and hated to see her this distraught.
Far lifted her hand in the air, and brought it back down to her side, signifying she would be there soon. She stared into the darkness, as though she was staring directly through it, trying to find the light. There was none. Her mother had been taken, all but two of her friends were gone, presumably in a far corner of the planet getting some much needed relaxation, and worst of all, Farylla would soon do battle with the darkest, most evil being known to the Guild. Falz was the living force of evil, and if Descestis were to combine her powers with his dark force, there would be little anyone could do, including Farylla. She knew this, and this scared Farylla deeply. What if I lose? What if I can"t save my mother? What if I lose the rest of my friends... Question after question ran through her mind, wrapping a grip of discomfort and pain around her insides, causing a single tear to make its way from her eye, roll down her cheek, and hit the soft soil below...
"Farylla?" this time it was Blak's reassuring voice, piercing the silence like a spear, a spear of hope.
"*sniff* Coming..." she said in her tiny voice, cute, but powerful.
She wiped the tearstreak from her face, concealing the fact she had shed it, and turned around. She walked slowly to the fire, neglected to sit on her own log, and sat down next to Avi.
"Until we save her... you're the closest thing I have to a mother right now..." she stated, trailing off at the end. She had cried enough, it was time to be strong.
Aviendah put her right arm around Farylla, and with her left arm, let out a small Foie blast at the bundle of sticks, setting them aflame.
The three sat around the fire long into the night, eventually falling asleep. If there were another in the forest with them that night, they would most certainly hear the tiny sniffles coming from the sandy haired Hunewearl as she struggled through the horrors of her dreams.
There in fact was someone else. Passing by, he heard the sniffles, and moved some branches aside to catch a glimpse of the source of this sad, pathetic whimper.
"Oh my God..." he whispered. "It's her..."
The blonde haired Ramar stood for a long time staring, in a state of shock that he had finally found her again. He knew he couldn't stay, for it would bring her danger. He picked up his weapon, slung it over the shoulder of his green Ramar armour, and strode quietly away. He would certainly be keeping an eye on her progress.
"I thought you were dead!" the robotic voice bellowed.
"I thought you were dead!!" the tiny Racaseal replied in the darkness of the tunnel.
"WarChild... I never thought I'd see you again... but... what the hell..."
"Happened?" she said, finishing Wang_Tang's sentence as she usually did. "All I know is that I'm getting some strange readings from this place... we must be getting close..." she said, determined to accomplish the mission.
"Oh God! The mission! How do we even know that's still our mission?! For all we know, we could have been down here for thousands of years!!" Wang_Tang said, frantic and worried.
"Oh no... my internal atomic clock was fried... Wang, we're in deep shit."
War walked to the edge of the small room, and kicked her Varaha, causing it to light up, and resume it's position behind her shoulders. She squatted down, picked up her AA rifle, and turned back around to face Wang_Tang.
"Welp, lets get moving... maybe we can get out of this craphole and find out what the hell happened..." War said, brushing past Wang.
"I'm all over it." Wang_Tang said, pressing a button on his shoulder that caused his Bhirava to pop out his specially made MAG containment unit on his back, and pulling his pair of S-Class mechguns from his sides. "Here we go."
The pair walked side by side into the darkness.
She awoke, only to be blinded by the orange hair hanging in her eyes.
"Pff, pffff, aack!" she sputtered, blowing the hair away from her face. She opened her eyes only to see she was still chained up. Delphinus peered around, seeing everything in yellow from the inside of her Gizonde-cage. "Ah crap I'm still here..."
"Nyan... that's right..." said her feline captor, walking towards Delphinus, making small mechanical noises as her joints worked.
"Unngh... SnAPPLE... why?! You were... her best friend..." Delphinus said, struggling to get free of her chains.
"Prrrr... let's just say, nyaan... that being bio-meooow-chanically enhanced... nyan... changes a catgirl..." she purred as she walked towards Delphinus, still moving as though it were purely sexual.
"If I weren't in this cage...." Delphinus started.
"You'd be torn up in... nyan... ribbons on the floor.... mraaawr!!" screeched SnAPPLE, angrily staring down her new plaything. Her biomechanical eye-lens analyzed the orange haired Hunewearl as the catgirl squatted down and licked her lips. She began forward on all fours, like a cat, towards the cage. She stopped at the edge, raising her paw/hand, and touched the Gizonde cage, sending a jolt of electricity through her entire body.
"Mmmmm... mraawr" She cooed, seemingly getting off to the spark.
"You're sick..." said Delphinus.
"I.." Snap started.
"Let's get this party started!!" wailed Descestis as she burst through the doors of the room. She looked first at Delphinus, then at the mecha-neko, cringed, then looked away. The tiny Fonewearl walked over to a console on the wall, waved her hand over it, and looked up as a giant view screen popped up, showing a group of three sleeping heros....

BWS-1
Jul 30, 2002, 01:58 PM
hahaha XD I love it!

Wang_Tang
Jul 31, 2002, 08:18 PM
^_^;;

sweet ppl are actually reading it... wee

anyways hehe, new chapter soon, wee haw everybody.

Wang_Tang
Sep 17, 2002, 07:34 PM
yarr, it be chapter 17... the title: Pants! Glorious Pants! mua ha, j/k

Chapter 17: Will We Make It
------------------------------------------
War's strange readings were strange ones, indeed. The temperature in the area was over 100 degrees Celsius in some spots, and well below 50 degrees Celsius in others. At one point, War tried standing in one spot to take a constant measure of the temperature, but it was even less constant standing still than it was when she was walking and taking measurements.
"What the hell is going on in here? It's like 2 giant snakes, one cold, and one hot, moving around, really really fast..." War said, befuddled and baffled by the odd climate.
"I don't know, but I'm assuming it's gotta be some kind of magical disturbance... perhaps we're closer than we thought we were... let's go this way." Wang_Tang said, waving his hand to his right, pointing to a tunnel.
"Alright," War said, following her large orange friend. "But what I don't get is, why did we conk out? I mean, everything was going fine wasn't it? Just all of a sudden..." War trailed off.
"We were separated... somehow... that's all I know. Not long after that my memory is blank.... Let's not concentrate too hard on that right now. We're close, I know it." Wang stated, so sure of himself that even he was surprised.
"Wait a second... close to where?!" War said in a tone that held much fear.
Wang_Tang stopped in his tracks, feeling War slam into the back of him. He turned around and helped her up, then stood still again.
"I... I don't remember..."
"Faryyyyyllaaaa..... Faryyyyyllaa..."
Farylla slowly awoke from her sleep. She wiped the tearstreaks from her eyes and looked around. Where the hell is that voice coming from? she thought. It sounded like mom!! Farylla got to her feet as quickly as she could, looking quickly in all directions, wondering where her mother was. Ugh... still dark... I wonder what time it is... Farylla looked at the display on her wristband, pressed a few buttons, and saw the time.
2:54 AM
Ughh... Far thought as she rubbed her eyes. I've gotta be dreaming she thought, and laid back down.
"Faryyyyyyllllaaaaaaa... wake up Farylla...."
"Mom?" Farylla said as she bolted upright, talking in a quick harsh tone, but quiet enough so as not to awaken her sleeping allies.
"Mom, is that you?" Farylla whispered. She got to her feet, and grabbed her Imperial Pick. While strapping her Pick to her back, she nudged her Angel's Wing with her foot, waking it up, and sending it to her shoulders. She began to walk into the woods, slowly at first...
"Farylla... hurry... I'm slipping away... come to me Farylla..."
"Mom I'm coming!" Farylla said aloud, stifling tears. She began to sprint, feeling the heft of her Pick slowing her down. She tapped her MAG, and it began to furiously flap its wings, picking up the pace of her sprint. The leaves in the forest moved past her with blinding speed, becoming a green blur. She had her hands outstretched in front of her to guard her face from the branches in her way. She came to a clearing and stopped.
"Mom?"
"Farylllaaaaa.... I'm here.... look..... down......" The voice trailed off and disappeared. Farylla noticed a small object on the ground, and squatted down to look at it.
"Oh shit." Farylla said.
The item on the ground was an emblem of Descestis. Farylla stepped back as the emblem lifted into the air and began to spin. Magical runes began to emanate from the coin, spelling the words Magna Dragon in the air in front of Farylla. Her eyes widened as she slowly walked backwards, blindly retracing her footsteps.
"I'm here Farylla!" It was the voice of her mother, changing into the voice of Descestis. "And soon, YOU WON'T BE!" It yelled, booming across the forest, causing flocks of sleeping birds to explode out of the treetops.
The magical runes stopped, and the rings around the coin expanded, and changed, taking the form of a dragon, similar to the first Test Monster located at the end of the forest simulator Farylla was so familiar with.
This was no test monster, however. This also was not just any dragon. The dark form took shape in the still of the night, and lifted its massive head into the air. It was three times as big as the dragon Farylla had slain so many times before, and ten times as fearsome. Gigantic metal spikes protruded from the things head. Spikes stuck out above its eyebrows, under its eyes, and all down its back. Its arms were a terrible sight to take in. Like huge tree trunks intertwined, they hung low to the ground, giving the Magna Dragon the ability to move with four legs instead of just two. This gave the beast tremendous speed, and Farylla knew she better damn well get a good head start or she wouldn't be seeing the sun come up.
"Angel's Wing! Go!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, as she turned around and ran as fast as she possibly could away from the dragon. Her Angel's Wing MAG flapped its wings so fast they became like a hummingbird at her shoulders.
"Ungh... ungh unnnnngh!!!" She grunted as she ran, feeling the skin on her face being pulled back as she ran, she was moving with extreme speed. She burst from the forest like a bullet from the barrel of a gun, into the clearing containing her friends. Avi and Blak had already been awakened by Descestis' voice, and they were kept awake by the ear-splitting roars coming from the unknown monster.
"Deep shit... Magna Dragon.... Descestis... *wheeze*" Farylla panted as she spat out words, trying to explain what was going on. "Suit the hell up or we're going to die!!" She managed to scream out as she pointed at the head of the Magna Dragon, which they could all clearly see above the treetops.
"Oh... my....." Blak started, seeing it pointless to finish, he whipped his S-Class needle out, as well as his MAG, and let loose a barrage of glowing yellow needles. They flew into the night sky, towards the giant beast, but the three did not see any impact blasts.
"What the...." Avi said as she backed slowly away from the beast, casting Shifta and Deband upon herself and her two friends.
A few moments later they finally saw the impact blasts. It was so huge that even from far away it looked like it was right on top of them.
"!"
"!"
"!"
The three of them quickly made sure they had what they needed, and ran away as fast as they could. This, of course, was not true. They weren't running away, they were running to a place more suitable for combat - the field.
Farylla, Blak, and Avi burst out into the openness of the field, feeling the cool breeze hit them like a wave of refreshing ocean water. They sprinted across the opening, and waited far away from the forest for the Magna Dragon to emerge. They heard its terrible roars in the distance, getting closer... closer...
FWOOOOOOOM!!
A giant blast of flames came across the field towards them, lighting the grass ablaze in a mile wide line coming straight at them.
"Jump!" Farylla yelled, jumping out of the way of the fire, feeling the presence of her allies at her sides.
"This is really going to take a lot of power..." said Avi in a quiet tone. "Uh... you guys... you guys distract it while I prepare...."
"What?! We need you, Avi!" Blak yelled.
"Prepare for what?" Farylla shouted as she ran towards the Eastern edge of the field, readying to distract the dragon.
"I must give the two of you as much power as I possibly can. This takes much concentration, and could end in disaster if I were stopped mid-preparation...." Avi said as she got to her knees, and put her hands in front of her as though she were praying.
Rwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaur
The beast had entered the field, and was already halfway across it, heading for Far and Blak. The distraction was working.
"Hey!! Over here!!" Farylla and Blak yelled as loud as they could as they ran around, waving their hands and weapons in the air. The beast was on top of them in no time. Two steps brought it across the entire length of the field, bringing it so close that Farylla and Blak could smell the decay on its breath. Its teeth alone stood higher than the tallest skyscrapers the Guild had built, its nostrils breathed in, almost unrooting Blak and Farylla from where they stood.
"Right!!" Farylla yelled, pointing to the right side of the dragon, as she ran towards the left side, yelling, "I'll take the left side!! Go!!"
She ran, once again with blinding speed, thanks to her Angel's Wing. She bursted as fast as she could along the side of the dragon, but it still felt like it would take forever even to reach its midsection.
Across the field, in an isolated section, where one could think, where one could concentrate, Aviendah did exactly that.
She mumbled runes and magical phrases, causing her skin to glow strange colours, bringing about an aura around her body.
"Fortestra donnertra Farylla, BlakWolf, Fortestra donnertra Farylla, BlakWolf...." she repeated over, and over again. She absolutely had to muster the strength to power up Far and Blak with the ultimate fighting prowess.
Blak sprinted along the right side of the dragon, drawing his needle, and popping off shots as fast as he could, causing only the tiniest pinpricks to appear in the dragons scales.
Oh God... oh... well... every little bit helps... Blak thought, feeling discouraged.
Farylla continued to run with incredible speed, seeing the dragon turning made her go even faster. She had to get to the middle of the thing, and she did. As she came upon the belly of the beast, she leapt into the air, drew her Pick, and held it out to her left side. The Pick grabbed into the metallic scales of the monster, and that's all it did. Farylla snapped backwards in the air, still holding onto her favourite weapon. She hung there like a flag from the Dragon's side.
"Oh no!! What the hell do I do now?!" Farylla yelled, hoping someone would hear her. "Ungh... AVIENDAAAAAAAH!!" She screamed. She knew she had to try and get Avi to power her and Blak up as soon as possible, or the battle would soon be lost.
Aviendah was still sitting across the field from Blak and Far, chanting her spell and powering it up, readying to cast the most powerful power-up spells she could possibly think of. Spells so powerful that they instilled fear in the hearts of even the most respected Forces, for it was almost a suicide attempt to cast them. Avi continued chanting, and out of nowhere, stopped, saying two words under her breath...
"Shiftaffa..... Debandor...."
"What do you MEAN you don't remember?!" War screamed as she went berserk. She was blind with rage that neither her nor Wang_Tang remembered why they were in this deep, dank tunnel.
"I don't know! It's not my fault! Whatever made us go offline also screwed our memory chips. I can remember general pieces of information, just not our mission...." Wang put his massive hand on his metallic forehead and held it there, as though that action would somehow restore his memory.
"Dammit.... well... we've gotta do something, our mission was important.... wasn't it?" War was really stumped now. She almost wanted to start crying. She just wanted to go home. Home to her husband, home to her children. She shook her head and pushed the thoughts away. It was useless to let sadness overtake her.
"Let's just keep moving. I'm sure we'll end up un the right place some way or another...."
And they did.
"I remember a time when you were powerful, Dephinus, but now all you seem to do is.... hehe.... hang around?" Descestis mocked from outside the Gizonde-barrier.
"I'll kill you...." Delph whispered. She hocked back, and spat towards Descestis, only to see the spit hit the barrier, cause a large shock, and fizzle away in a puff of steam.
"Hah! I'd like to see you try. Really I would. Seriously, let's see it." Descestis said, matter-of-factly. "Let's see whatcha got. It'll give you something to do while you wait to watch your daughter fail"
This angered Delph beyond the point of self control. She balled all of her anger in the pit of her stomach and let a terrifying war-cry. Descestis yawned as she saw Delphinus' hands ball up into spheres of rage.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuugggggggh!!! You'll fucking pay!!" Delphinus screamed as her hands became white hot balls of Foie. The chains suspending her from the wall melted away quickly, splashing to the floor in red-orange puddles. Delphinus screamed once more and ran towards Descestis, towards the barrier, only to be propelled back towards the wall and knocked unconscious.
"Aahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Nicely done Delphinus! I must say, it's a.... "shock" how incredibly "bright" you are! Mua ha!" Descestis mocked as she walked out of the room, waving her hand in the air and barking the words "Watch her!" to one aroused looking mecha-neko.
"Mrrrr..... with pleasure...."

Wang_Tang
Oct 12, 2002, 11:57 PM
well here it is...

Chapter 18: Strength Found/Find Strength
----------------------------------------------
Aviendah was tired. It had taken her so long to prepare, and the risk of her death was remarkably great, but she had to cast these two techniques, she had to empower Farylla and Blakwolf as much as she could.
"Shiftaffa... Debandor..." The words were quiet from her mouth. They crept from her lips like children trying not to awake their sleeping parents.
"Shiftaffa... Debandor..." The words were louder now. She spoke them with courage, with strength, with conviction, and most of all, with love.
"SHIFTAFFA!!!" She stood up quickly, outstretching her arms towards Far and Blak. "DEBANDOR!!!!!!!"
It was like nothing she could have ever hoped to have seen. Blue and red auras surrounded the entire field, like the northern lights. They formed four circles, two red, two blue, and headed towards Far and Blak.
Farylla was the first to notice the techniques had been cast. She heard Avi's ear-piercing battle cry and she knew it was time to party. It was time to show this dragon what she, Blak, and Avi were capable of. It was so bright she had to free a hand from its grasp on the shaft of her Imperial Pick and shield her eyes. Auras of red and blue raced towards her, enveloping her and overtaking her whole body. The strength was unimaginable! She felt completely rejuvenated. Her arms, her legs, her rapidly pulsing chest, were all calmed, and at the same time, super-powered. She could feel the raw power ripping through her veins at tremendous speed. Her eyes glowed golden, Her Angel's Wing flapped faster than before, letting off a golden sparkle around her whole body.
"It's time..." She whispered, placing both hands on her Imperial Pick.
Blakwolf was still running when it came to him - the power he never knew he could feel. He was firing his needle so fast he didn't even see the blue and red auras racing towards him. They lifted him off his feet, throwing him into the air in a state of disbelief and utter shock. Blue and red coils wrapped themselves around his body. He watched as his arms and legs became glowing beacons of brilliant crimson and crisp sapphire. His needle was the next to be enveloped, giving off a blinding white glow. He knew what had happened.
Just as the power hit Blak's eyes, consuming them with its golden glow, he brought his arms across his chest, his knees up to his forearms, felt the power course through his body, and whispered....
"It's time..."
Farylla was the first to strike. Testing the true limits of her powers, she decided to take the risk of putting all of her strength into her first shot.
"Auuuuuuugh!! Spin-strike slash!" She screamed, feeling a little stupid and embarrassed after screaming it, but nevertheless...
She grasped the shaft of her Pick with both hands tightly, and began to spin it. In front of her, to her left side, to her right side, behind her back, she spun the Pick, leaving a glowing path around her body. She stopped and held the pick at her side with both hands, and charged.
"Auuuuuuuuuuuugh!!!" She wailed, feeling nothing but the purest of all speed she had ever felt. She rushed straight for the dragon at light speed, spinning the Pick all the while. She felt a sudden warmth as she burst through the thick metallic skin of the best, punching a gaping hole in its side. It was a short time before she burst through the other side of the beast with a bright flash, leaving a bright blue-white blur in the air behind her. She crashed to the ground Pick-first, but she was on top of the situation. She used her Pick as a sort of pole-vault, lunging herself forward, where she landed on her feet, and spun around to see what she had done.
The dragon had made its cry of pain, and was laying on the ground groaning, with a smoldering chasm through its midsection.
All Blak could hear in that moment was "Spin-strike slash!!" and then his vision was showered with the light from something that seemed to be spinning in the distance. Blak gave a short chuckle to himself, and decided to use it as his cue.
"Golden strike, magna boom shot!" Blak sputtered out in his powered-up, God-like voice. He held his needle to the skies, and watched as a million lightning bolts connected with the end of it. Electricity flowed over the surface of the needle as Blak let it go and watched it float in the air in front of him. He once again crossed his arms across his chest and guided the needle to float directly in front of them.
"Auuuuuuugh!!" Blak screamed as he shot his arms forward, unleashing a bright golden beam from the end of his needle. He continued screaming in glorious victory as the beam severed the darkness, as well as the dragon's hide, blowing a hole clean through it's abdomen.
It was at that moment he saw the whitish-blue beam-blur hanging in the air from what must have been Farylla's attack. He looked downwards, and noticed her on the ground, mouth gaping in awe at what they had accomplished. He shot towards her and landed next to her, startling her a little.
"*pant* *pant* Blak! I did it! Did you see?" Farylla spat out, still trying to catch her breath. It seemed her power had definitely been used up in the attack, for her eyes were back to their regular deep, captivating emerald green.
"We did it, Far *pant*, and it looks like it's dead, or at least.... *pant* dying." Blak said as he put his hands on his knees, feeling the oxygen flowing back into his lungs.
The dragon gave one final "Raaaawr" and keeled over. Its massive head gave a terrifying rumble as it impacted with the ground, sending a shockwave through the earth, almost knocking Far and Blak over. It's body glowed briefly, then faded away, dropping the medallion it had spawned from to the ground.
"Blak, I can safely say Descestis is...." Farylla started, stopping when Blak raised his hand to quiet her.
"I wouldn't say anything Far... Descestis knew we were in this forest. She probably just watched that whole ordeal... I wouldn't say anything about her for the moment..." He faded off as he looked over to where Avi was.
"We owe our strength to Avien-" He said, with a concerned look on his face, as though he was looking for something. "-dah....."
"Blak? What's the matter.... wha-" she stopped when she saw what he was looking at.
Aviendah was laying on the ground, not moving.
WarChild and Wang_Tang had been walking for hours, but the sounds coming from their joints and various gears made it sound like they had been walking for years. They had been walking in the same direction ever since Wang_Tang had advised they go that way, and they were getting extremely bored.
WarChild stopped abruptly, and felt something in her chest... a kind of pain that she had forgotten about. "Farylla...." she said aloud, quietly, but not so quiet that Wang_Tang couldn't hear it. At that moment he stopped as well, feeling an even more intense pain in his chest than War had, and turned around.
"What?!" he yelled. His memory was so fuzzy that he couldn't figure out why it hurt to hear Farylla's name spoken aloud.
"Farylla... I have the strangest feeling that she's in danger..." War looked up at Wang_Tang with her glowing blue eyes, and Wang knew that she was deeply troubled and concerned.
"I... I can't seem to..." Wang put his hand on his head, and WarChild could hear the memory circuits in his large orange and white cranium overworking themselves, trying to figure out why the name Farylla was important.
"Oh god Wang, don't tell me you don't remember your own creator!"
She could hear purring, loud, aroused purring. Her vision was incredibly blurry as she opened her eyes and could only see a bright yellow haze, coupled with the curvy outline of a Hunewearl amongst the haze.
"I hope you... mrrr... enjoyed your catnap nyan..." mocked SnAPPLE from outside the Gizonde barrier, shocking Delphinus into the realization that, no, it wasn't all just a horrible dream.
"Sna.... pple...." Delphinus labouriously mumbled, trying to prop herself up against the wall, but finding only fatigue where she searched for strength. Delphinus's vision was becoming a little less blurry, and she could now see the horribly disfigured catgirl who had once been Farylla's closest and best friend. She was half expecting Snap to say something, but all the mecha-neko did was sit there, staring, with her head cocked to one side. Every so often a questioning "prr?" would emerge from the still-beautiful lips of the once-beautiful Hunewearl, but that was all.
There was silence between them for a long time, being suddenly shattered by the scrambling sound of yet another hunter being dragged against their will into the room.
"Hey! Get your hands off me! I was just watching her! Hey!!" screamed a gruff, masculine voice. Delphinus was hurled into full consciousness once it clicked in her head: she knew that voice.
"Shut up and come with us, you're not going anywhere for a long time!" yelled another voice, a voice that Delphinus knew as well - Breezblok.
Delph opened her eyes and held her head up to see Breez dragging a Ramar into the room with green and white armour, and blonde hair. Descestis came into the room as soon as Breez had the kicking-and-screaming Ramar subdued, and had a pleased look on her face.
"Ahh, Khaotika, so glad you could join us!"

Wang_Tang
Jul 12, 2003, 07:51 PM
Holy sweet monkey Jesus everyone, I actually wrote a new chapter to my fic O-o. Anyways, if you have been following my fic at all, I suggest that perhaps you read at least chapter 18 again just so you have a refresher of what's currently happening. Anyways, here we are:

Chapter 19: Life and Memory

Farylla and BlakWolf stared at each other for no longer than a half-second, then began to run so fast towards Aviendah's seemingly dead body that they thought their legs would merely fall off. They made their way across the field, all the while hoping and praying to any higher power they could think of that the casting of Shiftaffa and Debandor hadn't permanently injured or even killed their noble companion, Aviendah. Farylla was the first to arrive at the site Avi had chosen to cast the techniques from, followed by a sweating and panting BlakWolf. Farylla threw herself to the ground, putting her ear up to Avi's mouth.
"Blak... Oh shit Blak... she's not breathing... look, her chest is still, and I can't feel her breath on my face!" Farylla was still too charged from the battle to start crying, and it was a good thing she was still in the heroic mood.
BlakWolf knelt next to her and let her do what needed to be done to get Avi breathing again. If there was anyone Blak would trust with his life, it was Farylla.
"Not now Avi, c'mon!" Farylla belted out as she ripped open the neck of Aviendah's dress, exposing the soft white skin of her neck and collarbone, which looked even softer in the silver moonlight. Farylla placed her right hand palm-down on the center of Avi's chest, and brought her left hand, enclosed in a fist, to a rest on the back of her right. She lifted her left hand high in the air, charged a small Zonde blast in her palm, then brought the fist down with such a force that Avi's rib cage almost collapsed.
"Oh Christ.." Blak mumbled as he saw the jolt from Far's Zonde being sent through Avi's chest. Her beautiful eyes opened faster than lightning as her entire body seized up. Farylla put her right hand behind Avi's head and put her left palm on the cheek of her aunt-figure.
"Aviendah, can you hear me?" Farylla asked in the firmest, most penetrating voice she could muster.
Aviendah coughed lightly then sat up, staring forward and looking dazed. She was looking towards where the monster had been - the "Magna Dragon".
"Huh" Avi said, her eyes returning to a look of normalcy, "You killed it."
And with that she stood up, brushed herself off, and cast a small Resta on her dress, mending it where Farylla had torn it open. She turned around only once before proceeding back across the field to the forest where they had previously been. Farylla looked at Blak, BlakWolf looked at Far, then they both shrugged, stood up, and began to follow Avi.
And that was that.
"Puh, stupid dragon... shitty thing really, eh Delph?" Descestis scoffed as the waved her tiny hand over the blue control panel in front of her, deactivating the monitor on which she was watching Farylla's progress.
"I mean, seriously, your pathetic daughter defeated it... How strong could it have been?!" Descestis waltzed over to the Gizonde-cage in which she was holding Delphinus and lay her hand upon it, causing absolutely no shock whatsoever to go through her body.
Delphinus said nothing. She just smirked at Descestis, thinking She's gonna get you... and then proceeding to try to get back to sleep. The remainder of the chains which once held her to the wall lay in solid puddles on the floor of her cage, providing a surface that was much smoother than the brick-tiled floors. Delphinus sat with her rear upon one of the solid puddles, put her back against the wall, then hung her head and tried to sleep.
"Bah, waste." said Descestis. "I think I'm done trying to impress her. Heh. But you on the other hand... you're much more interesting to me right now..."
Descestis slowly walked across the room, to where Khaotika had been deposited into a cage similar to Delph's, only this one was made of Rabarta, causing Khao's world to possess a hue of blue.
"I've been here, what, an hour now, and I've already had enough of your shit Descestis." Khao spat.
Descestis merely threw her head back and laughed at the Ramar, as she did when anyone said anything she thought was absurd.
"Heh... my "shit", I see... well Khaotika, it appears as though you haven't exactly had enough of my "shit" then, now have you? Certainly not enough to actually complain about having too much, oh lord no." Descestis looked at Khaotika with a childish playfulness that made Khao wish he had just stayed home that morning. He wound up and punched (he wasn't chained as Delphinus had been) the ice barrier in anger, not even bringing about a small crack in its surface.
"As soon as Farylla gets here...." Khaotika grumbled.
"Ahh, Farylla. The one you were watching in the forest, you pedofile you. And just what were you doing while you were watching her, hmm?"
"Fuck you" Khao spat.
"Heh, the way you were watching her I'd say that's what you were wanting to do to her!"
"Oh that's enough..." Khaotika was enraged. He loved Farylla, but in no way did her love her more than he would love a family member or close friend. He had had enough of Descestis indeed, and now was the time when he would show her just how angry with her he truly was.
"You underestimate me..." Khao said as he crouched down in his ice-pen. He put his hands on the floor with his fingers spread apart, and pushed into the floor as hard as he could. His hands began to vibrate quickly, then glow red. Descestis watched all of this with a half amused, half expectant look on her face, readying a small Gizonde blast in her hand behind her back. Khaotika's entired body began to glow red, then he was soon surrounded by a large sphere of flaming anger. He stood up quickly, pushing his hands out beside him as quickly and as strongly as he could, yelling, "RAFOIE!!!".
The blast was so large it impressed even Descestis. It awoke Delphinus from her slumber, who was extremely happy to see what Khaotika was doing. She almost ran towards him, but then remembered the Gizonde barrier. A blazing red sphere of inferno exploded from the Rabarta barrier, shattering it and sending shards of ice into walls, off the Gizonde barrier, and into the nearby monitors, breaking them. Khaotika was free, but not for long. Descestis promptly reached out in front of her and let loose the Gizonde she had charged up, sending it around Khao's neck in a sort of Gizonde-rope, ensnaring him. She pulled him towards her with a strength ten times what one would think she could muster.
"Now..." She seethed. "How long were you watching her for?"
"Ohhhhhh yeah.... Creator... right." Wang_Tang said stupidly as he remembered the very-important tidbit of information.
"Guh... you idiot" muttered WarChild. "Anyways... I think Farylla may be in trouble... or maybe she's hungry or something... with all this interference I can't tell. Let's just get on with it, shall we?" War resumed her course in the direction her and Wang had been traveling. Both of them instantly gasped as they saw they were moving towards two glowing yellow spheres floating in the air ahead of them. One was drifting about the height of Wang_Tang's head, and one was drifting about the height of WarChild's head. Both of them were traveling at the same speed, in the opposite direction that War and Wang were traveling. Wang and War stopped, and the spheres stopped as well. The two androids merely looked at each other, then back at the yellow spheres. They moved towards them, the spheres moved towards them. They stopped, the spheres stopped. They moved backwards, the spheres moved backwards.
"Hmmm...." Wang_Tang said as he stopped. "Well..." He said. "Here goes nuthin"
"Huh?!" War screamed in surprise. Both at what Wang had said, but also at the fact that Wang_Tang had grabbed her forearm and was running at top speed towards the spheres with her in tow.
"Wang... what... what the fuck!?" she inquired as they were propelled faster and faster towards the spheres. They struck them.
It was bright. It was hot, and cold, and the moment was furious. They impacted the spheres at a speed that made WarChild think that they would disintegrate. Well... at least that's what she would have thought, if she had been able to think. The spheres instantly entered both of the androids' heads, and caused them both to stop dead in their tracks as their memory circuits began to be mysteriously and miraculously repaired. After the process was complete, Wang and War stood amazed. War shot Wang one incredulous look, then shook her head, and looked at him again with a look of sheer determination.
"The mission." Wang_Tang said.
"Right" WarChild said.
They both looked ahead, and began to run upon the course that Wang_Tang, and fate, had already set them upon.

Sharkyland
Jul 15, 2003, 08:03 PM
Finally finished reading your fanfic, it's pretty good. A different approach to everything, plus your description is well better than mine fitting it nicely with the storyline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-15 20:14 ]</font>

Wang_Tang
Jul 16, 2003, 12:12 AM
Hey thanks man, it's good to know there are people out there who read my stuff. I really enjoyed writing this story so far, and yeah.. this update came a helluva long time after the previous update (last one before this was october), but I assure anyone who reads this that the next update wont be that far away.

*edit for teh bump*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wang_Tang on 2003-07-17 09:34 ]</font>

Wang_Tang
Jul 17, 2003, 11:41 AM
Bump. I may write a new chapter on the weekend

lil_devil
Jul 17, 2003, 12:51 PM
I LOVE YOUR FAN FIC! YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! BOW DOWN TO WANG_TANG!!!!