PDA

View Full Version : In need of an experienced player's advice

Red_Death4052
Jun 1, 2004, 07:55 PM
I've been thinking about different 11/12 star weapons I could hunt for my hune, and I don't know if I should go for this particular weapon. I'd love to be able to make her a sange yasha, only thing is yasha seems to be a bitch to hunt. I have a low 80's viridia racast and a mid 110's skyly hune. Considering their stats/levels, and the droprates of yasha, I'd like to know the better place to hunt yasha. As of now, my racast can't deal any damage in caves, and my hune can take a max attack 2, but its not that easy. I'd appreciate it if an experienced player (preferbly one who has snagged a yasha) would give me some advice here. Thanks for reading.

VulpesMundi
Jun 1, 2004, 08:06 PM
The Yasha is probably one of the most sought-after weapons in the game. The problem is, it only drops in two places and both are a bitch and three quarters to deal with. You've got either your Virida Melqueek in the Ultimate Cave or a Skyly Indi Belra in the Ultimate VR Temple. Pick your poison. Generally Melqueeks are more prolific, but they also have one of the worst drop-anything rates in the entire game. The best place to look for them is Lost Ice Spinner. Now the Indi Belras have a semi-decent drop-anything rate, but they're rather few and far between (not to mention a nightmare to fight if you're not strong enough). The best place to look for them is Max Attack 2. Your choices are slim and your chances to find a Yasha are even slimmer. Some people get lucky and some don't. I can only tell you not to let yourself go insane hunting it. You could put a thousand or two, or even more, hours into hunting it with no success. The Sange & Yasha is one of the best hunter weapons in the game, but it may not be worth the trouble when there's stronger and faster weapons that can be found and made a lot easier (MKB -> BKB, as one example).

Guntz348
Jun 1, 2004, 08:11 PM
If you really really want that yasha it is going to take you quite some time. I did about 100-150 Ult Ice Spinner runs looking for that damn sword and we never got one. I'm not trying to discourage you, just saying if you really want one, prepare for the long haul. In the mean time, go after something a bit more obtainable like a Demo Commet. Strong weapon, easier to get, and extremely usefull at any level.

Red_Death4052
Jun 1, 2004, 08:13 PM
She already has a legit bkb, which Im pretty sure is better than sange and yasha. Problem is I hate bkb, too many hacks of it. If I wanted to give her the perfect wep, Id trade my DC over to her. I want the sange and yasha because it'd be new to me and is pretty cool to look at. Im a bit hesitant on the melqueeks. I've had a friend hunt it from melqueeks for months with just a pile of pds to show for it. Like you said, the belras have a better drop rate, but are much less common than mels. I may just go for the belras, seeing as how I'd level the char I want to give the s y to in the first place in the process.

Edit: Im pretty prepared for a long hunt. Take a peek at my sig.

btw, thanks for replies

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Red_Death4052 on 2004-06-01 18:15 ]</font>

excecutor
Jun 1, 2004, 11:43 PM
Well I have been assisting auracom on and off hunting his yasha from melqueeks. I asume he has around 125-150 Ice spinner runs with no success yet. Lots of other goodies to get there though, I have even been able to keep a few.

Off topic I really like your name, Edgar Allan Poe fan you are?

Hrith
Jun 2, 2004, 06:13 AM
Auracom did well over 250 IS runs, and no Yasha.

I got my Yasha after about 600 MA2 (Temple section) runs, took me 4 months and over 600 hours =/

I strongly recommend Skyly, but you might wanna do some Viridia IS if you also need Red Partisan, Red Sword, Sange, God/Power/Body, etc.

Since you cannot do IS on your own, your RAcast not hitting much in Cave would be solved by a helpful Force.

Nai_Calus
Jun 2, 2004, 06:35 AM
Yeah, but good luck convincing anyone but your best friend to come along with you, Ice Spinner is the worst quest in the game, and VIRIDIA Caves is nearly as god-forsaken as ORAN Mines. >_>;

Not that SKYLY Temple is any better. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Well, good luck, and may you have better luck than I have when I look for things. XP

Switchblayde
Jun 2, 2004, 12:13 PM
Good luck with that go for something easier to get. If I were to look for it i'd go with VR temple skyly from indi belra in your case

Red_Death4052
Jun 2, 2004, 01:52 PM
After reading these replies, I think I'm gonna try to hunt yasha from belras with max attack 2. It seems to be the lesser of two evils. My hune is gonna need some leveling before she can take on multiple belras at the same time, so it won't be for a while. Thanks for all the advice. Btw, I got this name from Phantom of the Opera.

excecutor
Jun 2, 2004, 08:52 PM
Ah thats neat. By the way, Ian said that you would have to be crazy to help with that. Well I am your crazy man. I love Lost Ice Spinner and I would be glad to help you if you would like.

SLON
Jun 3, 2004, 07:45 AM
If you dont mind searching for something over and over then go for it. Ive seen (probably hacked) Sange Yasha in action, and I cant say it was an Uber weapon.
Seeing as Pinkal finds Asuka really easily in Temple, that would (and has been) my choice.
I think the drop rates for some of the rares are ridiculous in this game. Previously I've chosen certain character IDs just so I could find this or that weapon, not realising at the time that I had a better chance of winning the lottery every week!

Red_Death4052
Jun 3, 2004, 02:00 PM
It'd be great if you'd help me do some Ice Spinner. The only thing is we'd have to use your viridia, seeing as how mine can't touch the ult caves creatures. I'm usually on Deneb 9 or Altair 9 or 8 as JIM.

excecutor
Jun 3, 2004, 05:37 PM
Okay, I have a lvl 118 hunewearl that would do the job nicely. I hang around altair 4, but finals are coming up so my online time will be severely cut for about a week. Keep in touch and as soon as summer hits I will be glad to help a lot. I hope to see you soon, drop a PM if you need more arrangement help.