PDA

View Full Version : New style of play?

TranzorZ
Jun 2, 2004, 08:00 PM
I was thinking of a new way to play PSO. It would be similar to challenge mode, but with your characters as they are except - no equipment. You would make a Forest to Falz run using only what you find along the way. No Mag, armor , weps, etc and no piping to town. Only use of pipes would be if someone dies. Sound interesting?

AngelAlys
Jun 3, 2004, 05:15 AM
I used to play with some friends and we did something very similar to this, Personally I think it's a cool idea to a certain degree. You have to be very lucky with some drops because even though you might squeeze through some of the levels, the bosses will just masacre you, especially... erm... all of them!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif [except Forest Dragon, that reptile is soooooo lame]

Xaos127
Jun 3, 2004, 07:33 AM
quite an idea you got there, have you tried it and how many times did you die?

Superguppie
Jun 3, 2004, 07:40 AM
If I recall this correctly, CoPsO had this for a contest once....

Sharkyland
Jun 3, 2004, 11:29 AM
I've done something like this before. I had a character named 'Pink Mag' who only had a pink mag. No materials or anything. Just going through the levels with just equipment I can equip. I didn't get far and I kept getting knocked to the ground A LOT.

TranzorZ
Jun 4, 2004, 02:10 AM
I have only tried it offline with a new character. Thought it might be interesting to try with 4 players. Anyone interested? I'll most likely be on again after 8 P.M. Saturday night Pacific Time.

Hooga
Jun 4, 2004, 05:13 PM
Chars as they are? Take one of the newman forces, who, "as they are" have learned high lvl spells and u don't need weapons, mags, frames, etc if you can nuke everything.

Well... not quite entirely true but it would be way easier with a force (on your own) or at least a few forces on a team. Than with a hunter/ranger, that is.

TranzorZ
Jun 9, 2004, 06:52 PM
I agree, at first. Without fluids they will soon be worthless. Some section I.D.s are harsh to forces because of the infrequent fluid drops. Not being able to pipe evens things out. In my opinion, the forces would kill the first few waves until the HU/RA could find decent weapons. Then things would most likely even out. It would still be difficult, even for higher level chars because most use a special weapon, and most drops are not. This is only a suggestion if you are bored with the game and want a challenge.

EJ
Jun 9, 2004, 11:46 PM
You should try to beat ep1 and 2 on ult in battle mode. That's a challenge and it's harder to lvl. But it is fun and very interesting.

Skorpius
Jun 10, 2004, 03:21 AM
Nobody levels up in battle mode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
(to save confusion, i mean run through the actual game, with mode set to BATTLE)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-06-10 01:21 ]</font>