PDA

View Full Version : Dice Tricks

Zebulan7
Jun 2, 2004, 09:08 PM
This is the second time I've played this person, and I decided to ask them this time.

"How do you get a five in every battle roll?" moi

"I know how." toi

"sure..."

"Its completly legit"

Whatever. Whats goin on is that my opponent has all these weps that require a dice roll, or action cards that do (like split boost). Every time that dice would roll he would get a five or better. The most annoying factor was the fact that he had two Fans, which would return my five point monster to my hand EVERY SINGLE TURN. Thankfully, because of his assist, I got a roll of six every turn (5+1 exp dice= 6) so I could place it again, only to be returned to my hand. Using lower monsters didn't help either, as my atks with them could be easilyblocked (he had a six each turn too).

It was simply a game of complete annoying ness, especially since I was playing with Ohgun. he could never inflict enough damage to be really bad, and I could still block it partially. It was a game carried out wayy too long for my taste, as I never could get anything out upon him long enough to actually destroy all his weps. My range did not help either, as I either have to get close to use AC or go far so I can atk normally. He was using all guns... ugh.

I'm sure you can understand my annoyance, as I didn't want to quit and loose exp. Yet, I want to know how he could get a five EVERY SINGLE TIME. Its not just conincidence, as it happened in both games. I should note, he could not manipulate the normal dice roll before each turn, the assist did that. Sorry if this has been done before.

UGH.

Devin
Jun 2, 2004, 09:20 PM
Erm, did they have a dice fever out?

Para
Jun 2, 2004, 10:19 PM
On 2004-06-02 19:20, Devin wrote:

Thats what I thought at first as well.

Dice fever makes all your rolls 5-5 for four turns I believe.

Saiffy
Jun 2, 2004, 10:22 PM
On 2004-06-02 20:19, Nites wrote:

On 2004-06-02 19:20, Devin wrote:

Thats what I thought at first as well.

Dice fever makes all your rolls 5-5 for four turns I believe.

8 turns actually, this is a very cheap assist card for things that will freeze, paralyze etc. with a roll of 5 or higher

Zebulan7
Jun 3, 2004, 09:15 AM
I didn't think dice fever affected dice rolls in battle. Regardless, he got fives in battle without dice fever active.

Tact
Jun 3, 2004, 01:48 PM
Maybe he set Minimum roll to 5.

cheatachu72
Jun 9, 2004, 04:46 PM
I dont think that making the minimum as a 5 does that either.

Zebulan7
Jun 9, 2004, 08:34 PM
No min. of 5, otherwise I would have recieved the same bonus. As I said, dice fever was on, but not the entire time as it ran out.