PDA

View Full Version : Summer of FUN

anwserman
Jun 3, 2004, 01:16 AM
has so far been nothing but MISERY.

~My main source of time spent during the day is gone, replaced with a void of nothing.
Yup, college. College is done for the summer and it sucks. Why? Because the thing that kept be busy from 8AM-3PM is gone and left me nothing to do. Seriously, other then working and saving money, plus programming on the side, my days are filled with idle wasted time.

~Mitch is gone for the summer.
Enough said there, see previous rants. However, the urge to want to do something with him only really is brought on when I feel miserable and want to escape from this area (right now essentially.) Over it for the most part, I just think of that when I'm feeling shitty.

~Kelli is being a bitch for some reason and I never talk to her anymore.
Leave a message on her cellphone and don't even get a call back. Nothing, nada, zip. I'm figuring that if she wants to do something with me at all, she'll call me instead of me putting effort into it. Granted, not much effort on my side but she has caller ID, so she should be able to see that I called and call back? Nope, nothing. ZIP.

~My parents are being dickheads from everything between and including A-Z.
Thats right, my parents piss me off BIGTIME. It probably irritates me because I compare myself to my sister all of the time. She got $40 a month for college expenses, and I get squat. Granted, she lived at a dorm her freshman year and I lived at home. But we have separate bathroom and toiletries, and irregardless of that fact I flip the bill for 99.9% of the products that occupy my shower and sink, toiletpaper excluded. Plus, gas prices are like 1.4 times higher then when she went and I pay for all of my gas too. That money, if not used for heath things, could be used for GAS.

I make the Dean's List this semester, I get a congratulations. Then I get told that I'm not out of the forest in regards to having to move out of the house this fall. Then since I'm all moody and irritable recently (um, three weeks), my mom and I get into an argument and how I'm Mr. Miserable essentially and that I can head out the door if I don't like living at home. Well, that is fine and dandy. Except I'd have to pay rent for an apartment. Now, I see apartment = dorm, which was provided free of charge for my sister with her collge tuition. Now, my parents say that if I want to move out, guess what, they'll chip in but the majority would be my responsibilty. That isn't FAIR AT ALL.

Through in the fact that if I bring something up - use this as an example. "Mom, I know you throw away some credit card offers of mine in the garbage, but I applied for a card and that it should be arriving anyday now." Guess what happened then? A lecture about why credit cards can be abused and create a financial mess, and she threw in Mitch as an example. Wait, I brought Mitch up a while back as an example of huge overdraft fees at a bank, not about his credit history (and thats all I said), so my parents insulted my intelligence on financial matters and pissed me off by using a good friend as an example to prove their point.

Continuing on, I bought $62 dollars worth of new clothing that fits me (went from a 38/40 to a 34 waist size mind you) and I said that since I have it budgeted ahead in my next paycheck, I used my credit card to purchase my clothes instead of waiting of getting cash into my hand. So, when I mentioned I used MY credit card, my mom started to get all mothery on me until I explained what I did. Now, that is BULLSHIT that I have to explain my actions to avoid, once again, another needless and quite blatant, worthless and shitty lecture about my own financial matters.

What angered me even more after that is that I was high-flying and happy that I looked nice in my new clothes, ready to show them off, was my mom who said I needed to mow the grass since she doesn't like mowing part of our hill.

OK, it was 7:00 at night.
I was dressed up in very nice clothing and had plans.
She wanted it done.

So, I argued with her a little bit, but did it anyway. Changed clothes, mowed the lawn for 20 minutes, changed back into nice clothes and left. Not a big deal but it INTERFERED WITH MY PLANS. Yeah, its somewhat shitty because along with getting clothes, I said when I left the house originally at 5, that I'd pick up dinner for them since they were painting. Note, I made this offer, they didn't ask me to. So, I bring them home dinner and get assigned lawn detail as a reward. Yay. Thankfully they bought their own dinner.

Now, I could rant on some more but thats enough about my parents.

~I'm essentially flatass broke, and I have to get new clothing.
None of my clothes fit, and I'd love to buy new gear but all of my money now essentially goes to savings account for spring break next year. Exception was this past $62, which was mostly a splurge.

~I'm always hungry.
Since I'm trying to lose weight and essentially count calories. Eating nothing does not make you have a full, satisfying stomach.

~I've lost weight.
Knowing that I'm almost down to 200 pounds, and 50+ pounds lost, does not bode well. I feel guilty and shitty for neglecting myself, and I should be happy that I'm taking care of myself now... but I should have in the FIRST PLACE. Taking care of myself years ago would mean me looking good now and not having such a shitty shadow overlooking my current accomplishment.

~It has rained for the last three weeks straight essentially.
I hate rain now, it pisses me off. Can't do anything in this area in the first place, and rain dampers the selection even more. Gah.

Armok
Jun 3, 2004, 09:42 AM
I had a similar summer last year when I was 500 in the red and had to do resits and basically had no ability to go out anywhere. Best solution is to focus on self improvement.

Work out loads to get into better shape. Its well know that being in better fitness makes you feel more self confident. Forget about past failing focus on now thats all thats important.

Ensure your money is in order you may as well make a shit load of money to use in the good times while your having a bad time.

Maybe take up a hobby such as learning to cook, a language or some sport. basically anything that will take you mind off the time and come in useful later even if its just convesation filler. Theres nothing worse than having nothing to talk about after summer when all your friends have a fuck load of stories to tell.

An example of this is
This summer my goal is basically to learn how to properlyskateboard. Which although totally useless and seen as a kids sport will get me some excise and is some thing to tell ppl about.