PDA

View Full Version : Too easy? You decide

AquaFlare7
Jun 4, 2004, 02:17 PM
Just to see how easy this game is to hack, I decided to go on a little journey in hex editing on my own. Opening my favorite hex editor I was able to do the following to poor kireek in battle training:

http://www.afstudios.net/images/screenshots/notkireek.gif

On another note, the NPC "LEO" is a green humar with green hair in this game, isnt he supposed to be a cool looking RAmar? Also keep in mind that I play completely legit in all of my pso endeavors, I am simply using a harmless hex edit like this to show how empty the security is in some areas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2004-06-04 12:18 ]</font>

Shrike
Jun 4, 2004, 05:15 PM
That doesn't seem to bad because it will only affect what you see, not anyone else. Or in my case, it'll only affect what I hear and not anyone else's background music... (I switched the names of the songs so I hear different music than what normally plays)

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jun 4, 2004, 06:54 PM
LOL! That's great, it's just what KIREEK deserves. Sonic Team seems to rush game production in alot of their games anyway. That's why most of their remakes of games have the exact same glitches as the earlier version. (IE. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle has all the same glitches as Sonic Adventure 2, and lets not forget the missing floor glitches in PSO.)

Corey
Jun 4, 2004, 11:40 PM
On 2004-06-04 12:17, AquaFlare7 wrote:
Just to see how easy this game is to hack, I decided to go on a little journey in hex editing on my own. Opening my favorite hex editor I was able to do the following to poor kireek in battle training:

http://www.afstudios.net/images/screenshots/notkireek.gif

On another note, the NPC "LEO" is a green humar with green hair in this game, isnt he supposed to be a cool looking RAmar? Also keep in mind that I play completely legit in all of my pso endeavors, I am simply using a harmless hex edit like this to show how empty the security is in some areas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2004-06-04 12:18 ]</font>

Yeah, I know, he does on the first PSOPC too.
Leo and Leo from GC could be two diffrent people...
I dunno though..

soulja2244
Jun 6, 2004, 01:07 AM
There are two "Leo" characters.

AquaFlare7
Jun 6, 2004, 01:38 AM
the other one must be server side >_<

Corey
Jun 7, 2004, 10:40 AM
or the second leo is in gc only