PDA

View Full Version : THIS GAME IS PURE LUCK

Reign_of_Fire
Jun 4, 2004, 10:25 PM
It's official. It is..

I just played a Match against someone...

I did 228 damage to his 109... and i lost, I would have one but in one chance i attacked his creature instead of him...

I did everything right, i had +4 dice to his +1. He kept geting 6s and 7s. Pure Luck.

I had 9 Def, and he had out 2 Hildebears and Himself (Ark with the Slicer Distance)

He attacked my Savitri, i blocked 9 damage from his 1 Bear with a Resist, then 9 damage from his 2 Bear with a Weakness, then his attack with a Guard...

I WAS NEAR PERFECT.

This loss shows how in 1 instance this game is bullshit and you lose.

Now you tell me, I was owning him until the end. Why's that? Because I had the better deck, and why did I lose? Luck, Pure Fucking Luck. I've never gotten 6 7-6s in my life with a +1 Dice Bonus.

This game is officially pure fucking luck and there's no one that can change my mind otherwise after this fucking match was over...

</End Fire Out of Ears>

VulpesMundi
Jun 5, 2004, 10:08 AM
Tell us something we don't know. I think everyone has known this fact since day one. Random dice rolls make a serious kybosh on the skill factor for a game like this. And even then, if it's not the dice it's the cards you get in your hands. Indeed, this game is almost, but not completely, about luck. If you want to remove the luck factor and make it more about decisions and skill, play a free battle where you set the min and max dice rolls the same and remove the deck shuffle option. That's pretty much all you can do. Otherwise, accept the truth or move on.

prof_frost
Jun 7, 2004, 06:10 PM
sure is but i like it all the same.

Lady_Xeona
Jun 8, 2004, 03:25 PM
Most any card game is based around luck, but that does not mean that they can't be fun.
I have no good cards, low level stats, and get beat a lot but I'm still enjoying the game.
I just started a few days ago however.
But strategy is still needed, if you make a small mistake it is possible to cost you the game, so you must know how to go about things.

Herogod
Jun 13, 2004, 02:22 PM
You are an idiot, if your deck was actually any good you would be able to win even with bad dice!
Stop bitching just because you suck!
And if you're gonna say anything else about dice shut up and get some EX or assist cards!
It is not official you have no authority to make it so.
In conclusion you should shut up and change the Dice Boost setting!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Herogod on 2004-06-13 12:25 ]</font>

decswxaqz
Jun 13, 2004, 05:50 PM
Remove the dice and say good bye to skill. Those with the best cards win. Everyone get's 6-6 you just pack a deck with high ranking cards and one low one (to make 8 points). Really not as much skill as making a deck to cope with both. It would really be a case of those who play the most to get the best cards. In that case, JP would own all -.-;

OCeminem
Jun 24, 2004, 09:19 PM
to get back on topic for the first guy u prolly had lesss hp then teh ark did meanin it dont matter how much damage u do unless ur hp is the same and as far as dice goes i admit it is fucked up how that works and for the guy that said good decks make u win taht fukking bull shyt caues i rolled 4 1,1s ina row then lost beat me when all u get is 1,1s u wont bytch so stfu and as for the rest of u ur right cards do matter but somtimes ur low lvl luck with the dice will hlp u to beat higher lvls

Reign_of_Fire
Jun 24, 2004, 10:57 PM
On 2004-06-24 19:19, OCeminem wrote:
to get back on topic for the first guy u prolly had lesss hp then teh ark did meanin it dont matter how much damage u do unless ur hp is the same and as far as dice goes i admit it is fucked up how that works and for the guy that said good decks make u win taht fukking bull shyt caues i rolled 4 1,1s ina row then lost beat me when all u get is 1,1s u wont bytch so stfu and as for the rest of u ur right cards do matter but somtimes ur low lvl luck with the dice will hlp u to beat higher lvls

THANK YOU!!!

Exactly what I'm talkin about. Yeah to be honest I was using Silfer and the ark was using Rufina. So +4 i think for him... w/e i've accepted the lose no biggie anymore.

Lede
Jun 26, 2004, 07:08 PM
Hero god you are the ignorant fool here, no matter how good you or your cards are, and how well you do some ones luck can change it around, this game is all luck with little skill, so telling him he sucks bcause his luck was bad is not right at all. you sir need to get a grip on reality, i fail to see some one who rolls a 2-1 or 2-3 all day beat some one who rolls a 5+ every turn, if you can win a match rolling 2-1 or 1-1 and your opponet rolls 4-5 or 6-5 most of the time every turn then i will mail you 1 million fucking dollors i dont have that much but i dont need it cause i know thats impossible unless they stand there and do nothing.

Herogod
Jun 28, 2004, 02:29 PM
You will send me this million dollars now, for you are the most ignorant bunch of people I have ever met!
Let me break it down to you numbnuts!
Sorry for the capslock but they obviously have a reading age of 2!
IF YOU ROLL LOW DICE FREQUENTLY THEN INCLUDE CARDS TO COUNTER THIS, SUCH AS DICE+1 OR DICE FEVER!
WITH DICE FEVER NO MATTER WHAT YOU ROLL YOUR DICE IS SET TO 5!
EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OF THESE CARDS THROW IN SOME CHEAP ITEMS OR MONSTERS!
SPAM RAPPIES OR LAYDOWN A RECOBOX AND SPAM RECONS USING AN ESCAPE CARD TO SAVE THEM UNTIL YOU GET GOOD DICE!
ALSO IF YOU ANTICIPATE LOW DICE PLAY WITH A CHARACTER WHO HAS "TECH" THEN YOU CAN USE SPELLS WITH LOW DICE!
I STILL USE ATTACK CARDS AS THEY OFFER A GOOD WAY TO ATTACK FOR THE SAME COST WHILE ADDING 1AP AND THEY CAN SAVE SOME WEAPONS OR MONSTERS FROM OVER USE OF DICE POINTS OR LOSING HP!
</anti-idiot rant>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Herogod on 2004-06-28 12:35 ]</font>

Esoteric
Jun 28, 2004, 04:36 PM
This game is mostly strategy not luck. Chances are if you have a better strategy than the majority of players you will in fact win. They made the game so it isn't possible for people to constantly win who have a high level and never have a challenge or are impossible to beat. Is that really so bad to ask? I myself have around 1750 wins and only 300 losses. I rarely play coms and 90% of it is from online play. Now if it was only based on luck there would be people out there with 300 wins and 1750 losses. No? Not unless your strategy is horrible, this game is mostly strategy, and some luck to make things a bit more challenging. If you can't deal with losing an occasional game due to bad dice then you shouldn't be playing, because it will ALWAYS happen. Learn to keep a nice solid deck with good strategy and if it is better than the other player's your win percentage will be high. People always complain that they lose to lesser decks, but think about it.. what if you or one of your friends got the game right around now and they were unable to beat anyone online at all except other Lv1s ..they wouldn't want to play. You guys don't get it.. it is more fair for them to at least have a chance even if their cards are worse, jeez. I think it is selfish to even wish you can win every single match, the dice is a good system. You people need to step back for a minute and realize this. Don't you like to win against a higher level once in a while even if they have better cards? I bet you do. And without the dice system, it would basically be all higher levels only being able to beat lower levels and lower levels having a really hard time raising their level because they have no chance. Enough said.. just realize this before you whine. Please.

Gjl
Jun 29, 2004, 02:44 AM
On 2004-06-28 14:36, Esoteric wrote:
This game is mostly strategy not luck. Chances are if you have a better strategy than the majority of players you will in fact win. They made the game so it isn't possible for people to constantly win who have a high level and never have a challenge or are impossible to beat. Is that really so bad to ask? I myself have around 1750 wins and only 300 losses. I rarely play coms and 90% of it is from online play. Now if it was only based on luck there would be people out there with 300 wins and 1750 losses. No? Not unless your strategy is horrible, this game is mostly strategy, and some luck to make things a bit more challenging. If you can't deal with losing an occasional game due to bad dice then you shouldn't be playing, because it will ALWAYS happen. Learn to keep a nice solid deck with good strategy and if it is better than the other player's your win percentage will be high. People always complain that they lose to lesser decks, but think about it.. what if you or one of your friends got the game right around now and they were unable to beat anyone online at all except other Lv1s ..they wouldn't want to play. You guys don't get it.. it is more fair for them to at least have a chance even if their cards are worse, jeez. I think it is selfish to even wish you can win every single match, the dice is a good system. You people need to step back for a minute and realize this. Don't you like to win against a higher level once in a while even if they have better cards? I bet you do. And without the dice system, it would basically be all higher levels only being able to beat lower levels and lower levels having a really hard time raising their level because they have no chance. Enough said.. just realize this before you whine. Please.

I agree with Estoric. The luck factor just adds a little challenge, unpredictability and fun to the game, maybe even excitement. The game is mostly a strategy game.

The dice rolls actually balance the game out. If you could constantly play 6-7 cost cards then how would that be fair? Only those with the best high cost cards would win, and is that going to make victories based on skill? Without the dice people wouldn't think before cramming their decks with their top cards and the game would just be decided upon who has the best cards, not who has the most skill. The whole point is you make a balanced deck that can cope with all dice.

Anyway if it IS a problem then there are settings you can change. Try playing the game with no deck shuffle and 6 minimum dice and see how long it takes before you get bored.

MaxiColor
Jun 29, 2004, 05:05 PM
Agreed. This game is infact not pure luck, but luck is a factor.

Think about it, if everyone who was better always won, then more unexperienced players wouldn't get too much of a chance to win.

Even I have had my fair share of losses to people I feel I shouldn't have, but it all comes with fair game. It may make you mad, but you must consider how pretty much everyone gets in your mood when they lose in that way, and on the other hand is bragging about "Pwning" someone with their mighty skills. It's not a popularity game, so if you lose, it shouldn't mean that you suck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaxiColor on 2004-06-29 15:05 ]</font>

Lede
Jun 30, 2004, 09:49 AM
On 2004-06-28 12:29, Herogod wrote:
You will send me this million dollars now, for you are the most ignorant bunch of people I have ever met!
IF YOU ROLL LOW DICE FREQUENTLY THEN INCLUDE CARDS TO COUNTER THIS, SUCH AS DICE+1 OR DICE FEVER!
EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OF THESE CARDS THROW IN SOME CHEAP ITEMS OR MONSTERS!
SPAM RAPPIES OR LAYDOWN A RECOBOX AND SPAM RECONS USING AN ESCAPE CARD TO SAVE THEM UNTIL YOU GET GOOD DICE!
ALSO IF YOU ANTICIPATE LOW DICE PLAY WITH A CHARACTER WHO HAS "TECH" THEN YOU CAN USE SPELLS WITH LOW DICE!
I STILL USE ATTACK CARDS AS THEY OFFER A GOOD WAY TO ATTACK FOR THE SAME COST WHILE ADDING 1AP AND THEY CAN SAVE SOME WEAPONS OR MONSTERS FROM OVER USE OF DICE POINTS OR LOSING HP!
</anti-idiot rant>

Look you ignorant fool not every one wants to use spam decks we want ot have you know FUN this is regarding to people who like to enjoy the game, get tha thru your thick ass head, when u get past level 3 you will see what i mean we dont all want to use rappys and reco box like cheap noobs.

and also well, you may have more expriance then the person you are playing, but if hes rolling 5 every turn and u arent even rolling a 3 and no more then 2 def then thats kinda hard dont u think? unless u want to use hero gods cheap deck cause you suck method.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Herogod on 2004-06-28 12:35 ]</font>

Gjl
Jun 30, 2004, 11:39 AM
On 2004-06-30 07:49, Lede wrote:

On 2004-06-28 12:29, Herogod wrote:
</anti-idiot rant>

Look you ignorant fool not every one wants to use spam decks we want ot have you know FUN this is regarding to people who like to enjoy the game, get tha thru your thick ass head, when u get past level 3 you will see what i mean we dont all want to use rappys and reco box like cheap noobs.

and also well, you may have more expriance then the person you are playing, but if hes rolling 5 every turn and u arent even rolling a 3 and no more then 2 def then thats kinda hard dont u think? unless u want to use hero gods cheap deck cause you suck method.

Umm have you quoted that for a reason? I can't find anything you've added...

Nevermind you embedded your comment into the actual quote.

I don't think he is suggesting the use of 'spam decks' but rather the use of low cost cards TOGETHER with high cost cards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gjl on 2004-06-30 09:46 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Jun 30, 2004, 05:38 PM
ive just skim read, but i would have thought any game involving dice would obviously be about luck

Herogod
Jun 30, 2004, 06:50 PM
Can you even read the things I don't put in CAPS?
Let me say again, if you use dice fever no matter what you roll you recieve 5 dice!
Where did I say a spam deck?
I said spam to keep your enemy under control until you get better things to do!
Anyway why do you all call it spam when an Ark does it but not when Guykild equips 3 mags, 3 handguns and 2 barriers?
If you really suck and can't actually kill any of his monsters again get a friggin dice fever and Harrisen Battle!
Ob Lilly?
Sonic Knuckle?
Akiko's Wok?
Megid + tech cost reducing items and characters?
Who needs good nice when you can kill with 1ATK point?

OCeminem
Jul 2, 2004, 09:38 PM
really if u role a 1 id like to see u set a monster and kill my wep with 1 atk if u lose somthing and ther not a noob and they hve a better wep then 3 hp and they hve some def u need toget a better role then a 2 or a 3 and set a hg cuae that will do nothing and as far as dice fever goes ive used it and geuss what i roled a 2 set dice fever they roled a 5 coverd it up and equiped weps then i roled low agian what is ur idea for that? and tech with megid wtf u smoking when did that cost 1 atk last i checked it was 5 cost and tech deosnt make all techs cost 1 does it? cause if it does that means my game is fukked up cause it takes 4 atk when i use a tech char aka inious or how ever u spell it

Herogod
Jul 3, 2004, 06:39 PM
I said characters and items, Ino'lis and Fire Scepter Agni!
Megid sucks anyway it is totally killed by Ob Lilly, Mil Lilly, Sting Tip etc.
If I already set Mil lilly I just attack and bang! Your Del Rappy is dead!
What the hell are you talking about Dice Fever boosts everybody's dice for 4 turns!
Dude! Punctuation! Spelling! More letters! More posts! More research! More thought!
WTF r u smokin, ur scrEEn n4me is OCeminem!
Jesus Christ!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Herogod on 2004-07-03 16:49 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Jul 3, 2004, 09:02 PM
There is a card designed to counter every ability, however you have to take your risks when you make your decks.

You need to go in with your strategy and stick to it as best you can. Once you have your game plan, design the Attack and defense around it. And if there are any assist cards that will give you a bonus, use them within reason. Seeing almost all ones that can be used to gain a stat boost are time limited. And throwing in one bullet storm really isnt worth it in the end. It costs 3 to set, which is actually a large chunk of dice.

But as i think has been discussed, with Major Death, a Mil lily could take out a Del Rappy instantly. But then again a Mil lily is easy to evade, it cant move, yes you could put in a Stamina so it can move, but its a card working on the basis they your opponent is going to be lots of cards that can be affected by Major Death and your lily is going to need to move. then again if your using a Del Rappy, in all likely hood, you will have cards to prevent an early demise of itself, such as Seal, anyone? I have that card in several of my decks, and its worked wonders.

The main weakness of lily's i'd have to say are global damagers, Virus/Tornado/Earthquake, can seriously dent your lily population if they are played.

In summary http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif just get your game plan, but try and work out its main weakness that is most likely to be exploited, although most people dont, seeing they cant tell what kindof deck your using, but dont go overkill in defending that weakness, hopefully the way to defend it will overlap other areas, dont go too specific in your defense, that leaves you open to other attacks you didnt see coming...

Lede
Jul 7, 2004, 09:50 PM
Herogod you need to seriosuly lay off the crack or what ever drug your taking, listen and listen well you ignorant noob, no good players is going to sit there and let you keep a dice fever on field, and incase u didnt notice that gives your enemy 5 def, what good is all that attack if they just ging to block whatever u do, yes there are gaurd disablers but u cant use them at al times, there is NO WAY POSSIBLE TO WIN WITHOUT GOOD DICE like i said there is no soltuion to dice problesm u just have to work around it, not every one likes playin the scs u do. come with facts 1st before you start spewing non sense you know nothing about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2004-07-07 19:53 ]</font>

tai_EX
Jul 8, 2004, 01:21 PM
geeez.... herogod, yur an asshole

OCeminem
Jul 8, 2004, 08:06 PM
first off hero posts dont mean shyt ive been playin pso for like um lets see i got dc pso verison 1 a month after it came out so stfu noob second dice fever u can cover up as far as i know if i set dice fever they set stamina over it i still get 5 is that what ur sayin you are prolly a god dam lvl 10 who knows nothing but spam decks and never fought anyone out side of vega with a machine deck u dumb fukk u wanna fight a real battler my name is ( i dont know) yes thats my name im lvl 100 on 72 off find me on the dam game and ill show u waht it measn to fight azz hole

Herogod
Jul 11, 2004, 05:05 PM
LOL You guys are flaming me because I think that a game labeled as a "strategy" involves strategy?
I've been playing PSO since the EU release, so don't call me the noob...
If you put 3 Dice Fevers in your deck there is a very high chance you draw one in your opening hand!
You can place that and fight with it for a while, then if they even have assist in their deck and they choose to play it over yours (why would they want to stop having dice=five?) then you'll probably of drawn another.
All you guys who are flaming me are almost certainly the people who say "Bad dice, you suck!" after every fight!
If you guys still wanna bitch about bad dice then turn dice boost on, add sum EX stealing cards or anything with inherit?
As for the DEF thing, have you even heard of Limited Action? If you don't want to use one of those; with dice fever and dice+1 you can use all three DEF disablers so unless they have a 4+ cost DEF card you're sorted!

Sharkyland
Jul 14, 2004, 05:11 AM
I seriously think it's based off luck. Dice hate me. Here and casinos, but I only play to bash computers and watch Sil'fer. ^_^

Shim
Aug 17, 2004, 06:57 AM
On 2004-06-04 20:25, Reign_of_Fire wrote:
It's official. It is..

I just played a Match against someone...

I did 228 damage to his 109... and i lost, I would have one but in one chance i attacked his creature instead of him...

I did everything right, i had +4 dice to his +1. He kept geting 6s and 7s. Pure Luck.

I had 9 Def, and he had out 2 Hildebears and Himself (Ark with the Slicer Distance)

He attacked my Savitri, i blocked 9 damage from his 1 Bear with a Resist, then 9 damage from his 2 Bear with a Weakness, then his attack with a Guard...

I WAS NEAR PERFECT.

This loss shows how in 1 instance this game is bullshit and you lose.

Now you tell me, I was owning him until the end. Why's that? Because I had the better deck, and why did I lose? Luck, Pure Fucking Luck. I've never gotten 6 7-6s in my life with a +1 Dice Bonus.

This game is officially pure fucking luck and there's no one that can change my mind otherwise after this fucking match was over...

</End Fire Out of Ears>

Well you state it youself. He only won because you
attacked the wrong card!
Admitted he was lucky but
you yourself lost this one.

Anyways. There is much skill in this game.
Theres skill of constructing good decks which
is the most important.
Then there is the skill of reading the game
and understanding your cards, which you
really utilize in your draw and set phase.

RedSchwar
Aug 19, 2004, 12:58 PM
There is no skill in this game.

Everyone just copies the good decks. There are not enough cards to make good variety.

Some players consistenly roll lower than other players. The game seems to play favorites.

It's simply not a very good game.

You "wise calm people" on here that state you just need to "get better" probably just have better overall luck. Also, there is no skill in deck construction anymore. There are so many guides and copycats out there that it matters not. The game is ruined. Nobody should even be interested in it anymore.

Jazhara
Aug 20, 2004, 06:58 AM
On 2004-08-19 10:58, RedSchwar wrote:
There is no skill in this game.

Everyone just copies the good decks. There are not enough cards to make good variety.

Some players consistenly roll lower than other players. The game seems to play favorites.

It's simply not a very good game.

You "wise calm people" on here that state you just need to "get better" probably just have better overall luck. Also, there is no skill in deck construction anymore. There are so many guides and copycats out there that it matters not. The game is ruined. Nobody should even be interested in it anymore.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Dazmaster75
Aug 21, 2004, 01:32 PM
Okie Dokie...

This game is less about luck and more about randomness. The game is based on random dice rolls. You can manipulate the dice rolls with dice+1 and dice fever etc, but it NEVER gives you an advantage over the other person unless you actually play well (dice bonus) So if I played someone, I would get random dice rolls and so would my opponent. You won't be 'luckier than your opponent' if you get better rolls, it's just the way the game is programed to be random. This encourages the use of high cost and low cost cards too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

UltimateShifty
Jan 21, 2005, 02:20 AM
dice fever works? ha!

funny example, i was fighting this dude who said he always had bad luck, so he did what u said ramonkey: he included dicefevers. now finally he had one and played it..then he walked..and stepped on a trap! hehe bye bye fever. Also, i have my own assist cards, so i can get rid of the fevers. What im saying..dice fever arent the cards to solve the problem. My guess is to just not include only high cost cards, so if u dice low u still can play some cards. its to find the perfect balance http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tycho
Jan 21, 2005, 02:50 AM
*tells U_S about bumping rules on MSN*

immeyourenot
Jan 23, 2005, 04:31 PM
Continuously rolling low should be impossible unless dice boost is off.

Just one thing I have to say on this game as a whole. Take it & compare it to card games, poker, switch, whatever, the games played by millions ever year. They are very simple & rely very heavily on luck with only a modicum of skill involved, yet they are immensly popular & make casinos very rich, people get together to play them & wage money over it.

Now ask what is the difference between them & PSO except maybe 400 extra types of card, a positional board to use, points to spend & a hell of a lot more skill. Yes, there is a lot of luck, so bloody what, like there isn't in all other card games. If your'e going to complain about the game because it is what its supposed to be then you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Meh, my 2 proverbial cents

Tycho
Jan 23, 2005, 05:36 PM
Ehm.. yeah. This topic should get locked. :/

UltimateShifty
Feb 1, 2005, 11:53 AM
it's on the first page now xD
and geez what is all the trouble about this bumping crap, this forum already is near disorted...
not that i like it..really..but face it..

Ryna
Feb 1, 2005, 07:37 PM
There is no use bumping a topic that is over 5 months old. The people that originally posted replies are long-gone. Continued bumping can result in a warning.

As for the board being dead, create some new topics. That will stir up some new posts.

Herogod
Feb 3, 2005, 05:20 PM
Yeah I am long gone.
Just dropped by... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
But please lock this!
I still don't think it was about luck!