PDA

View Full Version : impossible mags?

Saciel
Jun 5, 2004, 06:51 AM
I was talking to some guy last night online, as he had asked why I was carrying so many mags... I was raising four at that time.

He then told me that it's srupid and un-necesary to raise more than one mag and that all he needs is his maxed power mag, that he raised all by himself. I asked if it was 195 pow he then said yes.

This intrigued me as I'm fond of raising mags and I thought to myself, yup when I finally wake up I'm gonna find a way to make a mag for each stat maxed...

Having just looked at the feeding charts I find myself faced with the fact that to get power, mind or dexterity to 195 is impossible without the use of cheats.

O_o;; have I missed something quite obvious or is this guy full of bs...

rena-ko
Jun 5, 2004, 07:01 AM
either bs/hack or he used the mark3-magcell, obtainable from halloween jack-o-laterns.

mark3 make a babymag into a rare mag - no PBs, no evolutions, but you can feed one stat to be max.

an all pow mag has the one problem that the ata needs to be pushed otherwise. several god arms or s-parts ver2.01 might do the compensation/trick here.

PJ
Jun 5, 2004, 07:05 AM
On 2004-06-05 05:01, rena-ko wrote:
either bs/hack or he used the mark3-magcell, obtainable from Christmas Presents.

mark3 make a babymag into a rare mag - no PBs, no evolutions, but you can feed one stat to be max.

an all pow mag has the one problem that the ata needs to be pushed otherwise. several god arms or s-parts ver2.01 might do the compensation/trick here.

Just wanted to correct ^-^

Saciel
Jun 5, 2004, 07:11 AM
^_^ ah yeah... he did have a mark 3 mag... man what an ugly thing that is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

...and sure photon blasts aren't all that great, but meh doesn't sound too apealing although maybe a maxed mind mag would be kinda handy for teaching techs << shrugs >>

Think I'll stick to raising attractive mags which are properly functional

Sitka
Jun 5, 2004, 10:13 AM
There is a Max-stat Mag raising guide you can check out for maxing single stats on any mag as well as a guide for developing rare mags and the best mag for each type of character. I have referred to those guides religiously for raising mags and I have raised a ton of mags.

The key areas, besides specific stats, is developing the mag to get the right photon blasts and getting the end-mag right. I like my force mags to be satos, my robot mags to be satos or ratis and my hunter mags to be either nidras, satos or ratis or a special mag that affects the look (i.e. devil wings, angel wings).

Shifta & Deband are so important for offline play, particularly with characters who cannot cast it on themselves and my crazy satos start spinning invincibility on me so often, I can't tell you how many times they have saved me. Have fun raising your mags!

Saciel
Jun 5, 2004, 01:45 PM
Yesh indeed I will... has become yet another adiction ^_^;; raising 6 at the moe... so probs bug the hell out of peeps online xD although yeah...

Pink Sato: 50/0/0/150
Yellow Sato: 5/150/45/0
Pink Rati: 5/150/50/0
Chao: 35/35/35/95
Bhirava: main focus dex
Bana: 70/60/70/0

So all in good fun

BOmar
Jun 5, 2004, 01:51 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1026

Superguppie
Jun 6, 2004, 07:01 AM
For some peoples styles a POW MAG may be the thing. However, it will be a waste on most characters, as character growth and MAT consumption will count too. I found that the guides on maxing char stats are most helpful in this. And guess what, no maximum POW MAG in there. The MIND MAG for FOnewearl is close to maximum MIND, but even there, not the absolute maximum.
Find out what your style is and remember, POW means nothing if you can't land a hit. Look up the maxing stats guides and see if you can understand what they are about. If you do, you'll probably find your own way to a totaly tuned char with fitting MAG

Also, raising more than one is definitely NOT a luxury. The needs of a lowlvl char are way different from a midlvl. And both are different from a highlvl char...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-06-06 05:02 ]</font>