PDA

View Full Version : Quinn, the FOnewearl, finishing touches

PhotonDrop
Jun 6, 2004, 12:02 AM
Im a 'veteran' player, yet Ive never touched anything outside of HUewearls HUmars RAcasts and RAmarls. After playing with Dhylec, I show him a Psycho Wand I scored recently, he says I should give it t my FO, which I said I didnt have. So after thinking for a while, I decide to make a FOnewearl.

Now, what stats do you suggest I do from here:

I made a gret Sato with the stats 10/50/50/10

I twinked her so she has all the lv 1 techs

and I gave her a Frame and Barrier(Sacred Cloth and Divinity Barrier) for later use.

Do I sound set for life or should I add something else?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2004-06-08 20:17 ]</font>

Quo
Jun 6, 2004, 12:17 AM
I would give her a mag with stats more like 5/0/25/170. and all the high level tech disks you other characters find.

Oh and a ton of materials, and some good mind units.

Congrats on the P. Wand. What did you nab it from?
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-06-05 22:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-06-05 22:22 ]</font>

Hrith
Jun 6, 2004, 04:32 AM
POW and DEX on mag are useless, avoid them.

giver her as many mind mats as you can, and easy to use tech boosting weapons (Club of Laconium, etc.)

Vielka
Jun 6, 2004, 08:04 AM
lol.. im the opposite.. ive been using a fonewearl forever and i just made a racast.. as far as the fo goes.. make a better mind mag.. the one i have now is a bhima with (45/7/43/105) i like this mag because it allows me to use alot of different weapons to have some fun.. As far as weapons go, physco wand is by far the best FO weapon. Until u can equip it, id use a club of laconium and a mace of adaman. Like others said, go on an exclusive mind mat diet with the occasional evade. Remember that u can only use 150 mats versus 250.. enjoy and have fun with the FO.. Now i need to go find out about racast's http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vielka on 2004-06-06 06:05 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Jun 6, 2004, 10:42 AM
thanks guys! Soon, I shall be a great supporter! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Now if only I could level her up really fast...

Dana
Jun 6, 2004, 05:34 PM
i would tweak her techs more, give her at least 100 mind mats a mag with good mind, a few god/hp-minds and a better set of shield and barriers

Quo
Jun 6, 2004, 05:38 PM
But don't ruin your stat maxing possibilities with over-abundant material usage. I don't know what that is for a FOnewearl though. You might want to check.

Dana
Jun 6, 2004, 06:26 PM
why not FOnewearls can't max them all anyway, just don't be stupid and feed them like 200 def mats(or liwk my RAmarl 100 evp mats)

Quo
Jun 6, 2004, 07:22 PM
I see your point. By the way, FOnewearls can only use 150 materials.

Sitka
Jun 6, 2004, 07:22 PM
A relatively easy weapon for a Fonewearl to get ahold of early (if you don't already have it from your other chars), is the Hildebear's cane, from the Hildebear's head. It boosts foie and MST and you add that to the Fonewearls basic tech boosts and a foie or red merge, and she's a fire breathing dragon. Very useful for lots of enemies and bosses on PSO.

Later you can add the summit moon, twinkle star, scorcerer's cane or your psycho wand. Add enough HP to survive the boss fights (especially Falz (150/300/450), and you can level up amazingly fast. I took my Fonewearl into ultimate offline in less than a day. Online, with TTF's, it could be done even faster.

What works for me with the Fonewearl is to focus on maximizing her great potential for basic techs (foie, zonde, barta), her MST (mag, mats & weapons), and find as many high level discs (lvl 26+) in ultimate ruins/seabeds with your other ultimate chars as early as you can, until she's strong enough to hunt down her own.

Have fun. I love the Fonewearl. And yes, my id is Pinkal.

lain2k3
Jun 6, 2004, 07:47 PM
I would use about 120 mind mats and about 30 dfp mats.

and unfortunately, forecs level up quite a bit slower than rangers and hunters once they hit a certain point.

Dana
Jun 7, 2004, 06:45 AM
that point must be far away, much further than level 140 because my Fo stills kills things much faster, in eps 2 it is all megig and all monsters just love to die by that(heheheh level 30 is so useful)try to use about 100 mind mats at least, 120 is too much in my opinion, try 100 mind and some luck just so you can max it easily,150 on a mag, 100 mind mats, 60 and a god/mind, try that, use what ever you want, use this link http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1181and that should work well

rena-ko
Jun 7, 2004, 07:09 AM
for mats, imho, anything but 150 mind mats is a waste.
same goes for mag. def, well ok, but rest into mind. or 1 dex to get an ila.

the slot items should be occupied with HP units first. or dump a ton of HP mats onto your fonl as well.
for a start, use the 9star canes/wands until you can use a summitmoon along with your p wand. btw. summit moon is expendable (at least compared to the p wand).

fonls are goddesses offline, still very good online.

good luck & have fun

Nai_Calus
Jun 7, 2004, 07:53 AM
First off, make a different Force. XP FOnewearl is ok, I guess, but they're THE most mind-numbingly boring class in the entire game, and I love FOs. I got mine to L61, realized that I never played her because she bored me to tears, and that simple techs largely suck outside of bosses, and then recreated over her with a RAcast. XP

You're going to want a lot more MIND on her. FOnewearl is useless outside of techs. She's the most over-specialized character in the game. Sure, you can make a melee FOnewearl, but it's about as effective as a L3 RAcaseal in online ver.2 Ult.

Don't waste time on trying to max her stats, unless you plan on getting to L100. Just pump her full of MIND mats.

Laconium > Hildebear's Cane. >_> Very much so > Hildebear's Cane.

Er... Rena... Why on god's green earth would you want an Ila? It looks vaguely OK, but the ability set stinks. O_o;

rena-ko
Jun 7, 2004, 08:03 AM
why ila? thats personal preference ^-^ some DC habit i think >_>

nonetheless. it really depends what gets played more often = offline single or multi/online.
offline single, fonls can beat both episodes completely before they hit level 80 (well mat-fed and well equiped that is). but look at my second fonl... stuck at 84 for ages now...

for online, i suggest FOmarl (full support, some melee), FOnm or hell (nuke class - will love the p wand - a bit melee), even a FOmar if you must (melee i guess, some offensive support). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PhotonDrop
Jun 7, 2004, 09:27 AM
Okay, thanks everyone, I'm currently saving up my mats, pumping up whats left on Mind on the Sato, searching for a Resta Merge(Iknow, I know, it has to be made), hunting down Grinders, Heart Key, and a Wand; trying to get Robo47 to help with creating Summit Moon and Magical Piece(I already had Magic Rock Moola). Also, I'm hunting down a darn Hildebear that'll kindly drop his head, then get Montague to make it a weapon for me.

Right now Quinn is level 10 in the Caves(I'm stragling! ^_^;)

But in the future, should I give her Aura Field? the Suggested Force Equipment guide says I should give a FOnewearl one(luckily I have an Aura Field already).

But during this time as I raise Quinn to Ult Level I'm going to be offline. So I'll see you in a week or two!

Robo47
Jun 7, 2004, 10:00 AM
One more thing, I suggest you try to get a Madams Umbrella and Parasol, S/D & J/Z need more range after all.

Eihwaz
Jun 7, 2004, 01:28 PM
On 2004-06-07 08:00, Robo47 wrote:
One more thing, I suggest you try to get a Madams Umbrella and Parasol, S/D & J/Z need more range after all.

Madam's Umbrella doubles the range of S/D, while Madam's Parasol doubles the range of Resta and Anti. There is no way to boost the range of J/Z, other than getting higher level J/Z, of course. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Since it has an MST requirement instead of a ATP one, Striker of Chao would be more useful for a tech-casting FOnewearl. If you're offline only, it could be a lot harder to get, of course...>__>;

Also, if you have a Prophets of Motav, that would be highly useful for FOnewearls. Doesn't give as high RA-tech boost, nor the TP-cutting, but it doesn't drain HP, and it has a nice MST boost.

Might be useful in tricky areas where you'll want your HP as high as possible. Like Ultimate online Seabed, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-06-07 11:30 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Jun 7, 2004, 10:17 PM
I thought Prophets of Motav used J/Z for its special?

oops, I re-read your post, I thought you said It drained HP at first.

But hey! Whaddya know? I have two Orans on ult! Yay! I'm off to hunt one of those!

*runs off merrily*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2004-06-07 20:21 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Jun 8, 2004, 08:14 PM
Okay, update on this, Quinn is level 35, just entering V.Hard mode, her equipment is as follows

Sawcer(15/0/0/25/10)
H&S25 Justice
Club of Laconium
Hyper Frame (4 slots)
Dragon/HP
Dragon/HP
God/HP
God/Power
Freeze Barrier
Sato (10/41/40/33)

and she has been given approx. 39 Mind mats

sound okay so far? I'm quite used to melee so I use that Sawcer I found off Falzy :3

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 08:24 PM
nice mag stats i love all equall, my 1st mag(befor i knew anything about PSO)was all 25, so i got Diwari(fav mag)then all to 50, then i had 20/125/25/30
YAY for me and my very 1 st mag

MasterZeo
Jun 8, 2004, 08:53 PM
Yeah, to be honest my first mag i did completely random, just giving him whatever i had spare of. His stats are 36/18/22/88 random dont you think?

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 09:18 PM
heheheh funny mag, you should give me your MSN id you have one, if not just PM me with more funny stories, like, i have 829 evp(base)with my 148 RAmarl oops too many evp mats, hehehehhe

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 09:49 PM
Photon Drop, Put Waaaaaaaayyyyy more mind into that mag. I would start a new mag if I were you, unless you plan to play melee.

PhotonDrop
Jun 8, 2004, 10:17 PM
On 2004-06-08 19:49, Quo wrote:
Photon Drop, Put Waaaaaaaayyyyy more mind into that mag. I would start a new mag if I were you, unless you plan to play melee.

both, actually. I tend to forget which class I am and melee anyways(which is how Remix was born, hooray for RAcasts that think they're HUcasts!)

but i do intend on using the rest of available levels on Mind, I gots ta have pretty techs early! yay.