PDA

View Full Version : Problem connecting through a small LAN

neko-chan
May 8, 2002, 06:50 AM
Hello.

Situation:

DC > BBA > 1st network card on Win 98 PC > Proxy software > 2nd network card on Win 98 PC > ADSL modem

I can browse using the BBA passport with no problem.

The problem occours when I try to play PSOv2 online. I see the network card's leds turning on, meaning that BBA and nic are communicating, but Proxy software log file is empty. This means that, for some reason I don't know, PSOv2 reaches my 1st network card but... that's all, it stops there.

Anyone may help me to fix this, or suggest any solution?

Thanks in advance,

fede

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fede on 2002-05-08 04:50 ]</font>

bobdroid47
May 9, 2002, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure about this but I think it could be that your DSL provider uses PPPoE(Most ADSL providers use this). Officially, PSO doesn't support broadband but you can get it to work with pretty much everything BUT PPPoE. The Passport disc and other games are fully Broadband compatible, so they do work with it. There is a way to hook up your DC to your PC's modem so you can use it though.
you can find out how to do that at this page (http://home.elp.rr.com/terlouw/DCWinMEServer.htm)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bobdroid47 on 2002-05-09 18:15 ]</font>

saffaya
May 10, 2002, 01:29 AM
er .. I use my DC/Bba everyday on my PPPoE ADSL. Works fine whether under Linux or Win98SE.
What Proxy software do you use ?
Does the browser coming with PSO works ?
PSO v2 US or JP ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saffaya on 2002-05-09 23:42 ]</font>

neko-chan
May 10, 2002, 05:30 AM
It's not anymore over PPPoE, it's over ATM now.

My proxy software is really simple software called "Proksi". It works in this way:

You input a list of allowed IPs and choose wcich port let open. Then in the browser configuration you have to input these proxy settings.

The browser? You mean the "homepage" option on PSO start screen? No, it doesn't work cause if I plug the BBA and I choose "homepage" I don't have any browser, just the BBA configuration screen.

Mine is PSOv2 USA and my Broadband Passport (browser) is Japanese.

Thanks!

OBE
May 13, 2002, 06:17 PM
The browser? You mean the "homepage" option on PSO start screen? No, it doesn't work cause if I plug the BBA and I choose "homepage" I don't have any browser, just the BBA configuration screen.

Mine is PSOv2 USA and my Broadband Passport (browser) is Japanese.

I have the exact same problem. And I allso have a PSOv2 USA and a japanese BBA. Though Im on cablemodem.

The way I see it, if I cant access the "Homepage" in the game, then I cant registrer to play online (with my Creditcard and all), is this correct?

And if so, how can I do to solve it?

Best Regards!

neko-chan
May 14, 2002, 03:20 AM
On 2002-05-13 16:17, OBE wrote:

I have the exact same problem. And I allso have a PSOv2 USA and a japanese BBA. Though Im on cablemodem.

The way I see it, if I cant access the "Homepage" in the game, then I cant registrer to play online (with my Creditcard and all), is this correct?

And if so, how can I do to solve it?

Best Regards!

If you have a cable modem probably you have a personal computer.

Get the Hunter License by visiting this page:
https://www.dricas.com/pso/us/purchase2.html

BTW, about my problem, SnAPPLE told me that, maybe, is a port problem. Anyone knows the correct port settings for PSOv2?

Ty in advance,

~b

OBE
May 15, 2002, 07:02 PM
Thanks alot, will try that out.

on the page it says:

"The charge for the Hunter's License is 1,200 Japanese yen. Depending on the value of the Japanese yen verses the US dollar, your exchange rate may fluctuate, but it will not exceed $15."

Is this $15 a month or what?

Best regards

neko-chan
May 16, 2002, 02:00 AM
your exchange rate may fluctuate, but it will not exceed $15."

Is this $15 a month or what?

Best regards

As it says, it depends on the current exchange rate. Today 1200 Yen are 9.39 USD.

Ciao,

~b

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 19, 2002, 03:39 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif Winroute lite instructions for neko-chan:

Dreamcast BBA settings:
IP: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS 1: 192.168.1.1
DNS 2: 0.0.0.0
DHCP: 0.0.0.0

PC Ethernet card attached to Dreamcast BBA settings:
IP: 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
(Must reboot)

Advanced settings, port mapping:
40975, 41231, 41487, 41743
Pass packet to IP in lan: 192.168.1.2

neko-chan
May 19, 2002, 05:12 AM
And IT WORKS!!!

YES, after 6 months I'm trying finally WORKS!!!

Many thanks to the network and catgirls goddess BaruBanana/SnAPPLE for her support.

Now I'm gonna write a little guide for all those underdogs like me, suffering BBA configuration pain/problems.

Ciao! ^_^

~b

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatneko on 2002-05-19 03:14 ]</font>

rbf2000
Oct 11, 2002, 03:07 PM
So, how about that guide?

neko-chan
Oct 11, 2002, 05:21 PM
On 2002-10-11 13:07, rbf2000 wrote:
So, how about that guide?

Wops! I wrote the first part... I also took some screenshots... but then DC PSO slightly died and I lost interest in that guide.

Perhaps I should resume it now... >_>

Didn't know GCN BBA was already out.

rbf2000
Oct 14, 2002, 01:33 PM
Ok, so here's my problem:

First of all, when I enable the "internal" LAN, the ethernet card that my gamecube is plugged into, it kills my internet connection.

And then I try to connect with my gamecube to play, and I get:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze4bqz4/help1.jpg
Which is a good thing. That's what I get when I plug directly into the wall with my gamecube.

But then, instead of giving me "TOP NEWS" (when it first connects, it says, top news, and says when your HL expires).

It gives me this:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze4bqz4/help2.jpg

Which is not the same as the error message you would get if you had a network cable unplugged, e.g.

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze4bqz4/help3.JPG

I have those ports set up as described earlier in this thread, except I'm using winroute pro.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-10-14 11:36 ]</font>

rbf2000
Oct 14, 2002, 03:19 PM
Wheee, I got it working!

By "I", I mean, of course that I am able to follow instructions that other people give me ^_^;

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 20, 2002, 08:51 PM
rbf, what did you do to get it fixed? I'm working with ziggy-san and am getting the same problem =T_T=

MidnightEX
Nov 1, 2002, 10:31 AM
I'm getting the cannot connect to server message too.
Although I'm using the 56k modem. My ISP is Atlantic.net. MY friend has Earthilink and she can get on so I'll let her borrow my stuff saturday and see if she can get on with it. If she can I'll just change over.