PDA

View Full Version : FSOD

Ahya
Jun 7, 2004, 07:01 PM
Why did u give it that name..
Its sounds funny .. but horrible at the same time.
Hackers suck ass.. Them jerks .. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Does it really delete your unequipped weapons?
and where do the hackers reside?!?!?!

_Ted_
Jun 7, 2004, 08:06 PM
FSOD - Full Screen of DEATH!

RicoRoyal
Jun 7, 2004, 08:10 PM
On 2004-06-07 18:06, _Ted_ wrote:
FSOD - Full Screen of DEATH!

Ha! Nice.

HiroX
Jun 7, 2004, 08:28 PM
I thought it was Frozen Screen Of Death

Mixfortune
Jun 7, 2004, 08:36 PM
That's because it is.
And if you are affected by FSOD, you will lose all items not equipped on your character since its last save. Meaning, if you die and reequip your weapon, and you get FSOD before the next save, you will still lose that weapon, even if you reequipped it.

Your bank is safe.

FSOD during a save will most likely corrupt your files, causing much much harm.

Tundra_Strike
Jun 7, 2004, 08:51 PM
I have been FSODed before. It is an insta-freeze, with one of many effects. The basic effect is just you logging out of the network. A very cruel effect is deleting all unequipped items (VARSITA, Monomate, PHOTON DROP x99, anything unequippped, PERIOD). One last attack, which may not be a FSOD at all, is CORRUPTION. This will eliminate all PSO files within your M-CARD. Goodbye to items, characters, and the Guild Cards you have collected from friends. Hackers often hang around VEGA. Some, however, are good allies. Others, you must beware. How to distinguish between them, only from their trust you will tell. Some of my good friends are hackers, and even though I am more legit not out of my choice, they have treated me with much respect and pride as I do for them.

_Ted_
Jun 7, 2004, 08:52 PM
On 2004-06-07 18:36, Mixfortune wrote:
That's because it is.
And if you are affected by FSOD, you will lose all items not equipped on your character since its last save. Meaning, if you die and reequip your weapon, and you get FSOD before the next save, you will still lose that weapon, even if you reequipped it.

Your bank is safe.

FSOD during a save will most likely corrupt your files, causing much much harm.

Ummm... opps?

Sitka
Jun 8, 2004, 11:24 AM
I've noticed more FSOD's lately on xbox and I'm not sure why. In the last several days, I've been FSOD'ed several times as have my friends and even though I've tried to be very careful, I've lost a lot of meseta and a couple of really good weapons. The most frustrating was the other day doing Gallon's Shop. I had just finished using photon drops to add 5% to my dark on my frozen shooter and the game FSOD. When you add percents, the weapon automatically unequips, so guess what happened to my beloved frozen shooter and my remaining photon drops - gone in a second. DAMN FSOD. A better acronym might be FFSOD and you can guess what the first "F" stands for!

Cryo_
Jun 8, 2004, 12:34 PM
There are ways to get your items back after a FSOD!!!
What I do: I start a game in multiplayermode, give all my items to another character, I go solo and quit, I take my items back in a multiplayer mode.
btw Im on GC, if that could change things...