PDA

View Full Version : GC: Dark Flow

HUguy
Jun 7, 2004, 08:18 PM
I was just wondering...
I've heard that u can't have the Dark Flow because u have 0.00% of getting the Parasitic Gene "Flow", but if u could, in this site http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=302 says that u must have a Sword +55 lvl 100 (which is impossible, because the limit for swords is +46), what the lvl means??? And to get the Dark Flow u need to have
Sword +55 + at least LV100
Gigush +32 + at least LV110
Breaker +18 + at least LV120
Claymore +16 + at least LV130
Calibur +10 + at least LV140
all these weapons at the same time in ur inventory with the Parasitic Gene "Flow"??
Does anyone has a Dark Flow or knows someone who has??

I'm sorry for all these questions, but they are bugging me for a long time! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Ted_
Jun 7, 2004, 08:22 PM
No, only one.

Sword has to be ground to 55 and your character has to be level 100, Gigush has to be ground to 32 and your character has to be level 110, etc.

Mixfortune
Jun 7, 2004, 08:24 PM
The level statistic refers to the character's level.
To perform a weapon combination (using an item with another item to create something), you must equip the weapon and meet both the level requirement as well as the equip requirement of the new weapon (900 ATP, or whatever). The weapon must be at max grind.

You only need to equip the one max grinded weapon. You do not need to have all the listed weapons, it's just that the different tiers of the same weapon type will also work.

Once the requirements are met, you should be able to select the item (in this case, Parasitic Gene "Flow") and the Use option will be available. Note that weapon percents are determined by the equipped weapon used for the combination, not the item or weapon used on it.

HUguy
Jun 7, 2004, 08:30 PM
Thank you very much. Now i understand, but is it true that u have 0.00% of getting the Parasitic Gene "Flow"?

_Ted_
Jun 7, 2004, 08:51 PM
You have a 1 in 60 chance of getting it (or something along those lines). However, the drop has not been enabled, so you have no way of legitly obtaining it.

HUguy
Jun 8, 2004, 12:20 PM
On 2004-06-07 18:51, _Ted_ wrote:
You have a 1 in 60 chance of getting it (or something along those lines). However, the drop has not been enabled, so you have no way of legitly obtaining it.

Oooh, that's boring!! I wanted it so much http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 12:35 PM
how could they"enable"it

Sitka
Jun 8, 2004, 12:37 PM
Don't worry - from what I've seen, it's not that great a weapon. The special requires your HP to be down to next to nothing. The guys I see trying to use it always end up needing to get revived. Stick with the MKB, BKB, MC, DC or TJ Swords, red weapons or s-rank swords - they are all much better, IMHO.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 01:31 PM
it's weapons special is a WAVE RIGHT?WHAT TYPE OF WAVE?lavis, orotiagito, berdysh, TJ sword

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 01:39 PM
Dana, You know when Olga Flow is in his second form and he swings his sword arm and that three pronged wave of energy shoots out? The Dark Flows special attack is that.

Online Sonic Team can activate drop rates whenever they feel like it. The drop rate will always be 0 offline however.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 01:41 PM
thank you QUO that clears up every thing about the 00.0%drop rate, and i wonderd about the special, thank you:)

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 01:42 PM
On 2004-06-08 10:37, Sitka wrote:
Don't worry - from what I've seen, it's not that great a weapon. The special requires your HP to be down to next to nothing. The guys I see trying to use it always end up needing to get revived. Stick with the MKB, BKB, MC, DC or TJ Swords, red weapons or s-rank swords - they are all much better, IMHO.

Not to mention that the Dark Flow is the biggest badge of Hacker/Duperness out there

BTW your sig should be "Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 01:53 PM
well, yeah, i don't see why people would use that, it doesn't even combo, making it unaccurate and weakor hackers would just have so much power

HUguy
Jun 8, 2004, 03:37 PM
Well, if it doesn't have a combo, leaves u with almost nothing of HP and it's impossible to get, i don't think is worth it. Maybe i'll go for the orotiagito then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ahya
Jun 8, 2004, 03:43 PM
I hope your a Pinkal buddy.. because other Section IDs are a pain in the ass to get the Agito (AUW 1975).
If I were you Id just let the Orotiagito go.. *sniff sniff* its such a hard weapon to get!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Ketchup345
Jun 8, 2004, 03:47 PM
On 2004-06-08 13:43, Ahya wrote:
I hope your a Pinkal buddy.. because other Section IDs are a pain in the ass to get the Agito (AUW 1975).
If I were you Id just let the Orotiagito go.. *sniff sniff* its such a hard weapon to get!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Wonder why people keep forgetting that Whitill Agito is actually easier to pipe. 9 Ob Lillies > 8 El Rappies

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 04:05 PM
easyier to get into ult forest and those 8 rappies don't megid you, and rappies look and act nicer, and there are about 42 in the space of a few minutes and the waterfull mission doesn't have no were near that many liles as quick, and poeple do pipe for whitill mils but they are just not as commonly spocken about

KveerRaven
Jun 8, 2004, 05:35 PM

This is SOOOOOO TRUE! I recently obtained the Dark Flow and I've found that the Dragon Slayer is more reliable than the Dark Flow. Also, the Meteor Cudgel is more reliable than the Dragon Slayer. Personaly, the process, work, and time involved for getting the Dark Flow, isn't worth it, except for bragging rights. My favorite weapons, so far, are the L&HK Combats and the Meteor Cudgel.

Sitka
Jun 8, 2004, 05:41 PM
Good call KveerRaven. With those two weps, you can hunt to level 200 and do just fine. Plus, I think the meteor cudgel is one of the coolest looking weapons in PSO. Check out what the truly high level chars use and those two are almost always in their hands.

HUguy
Jun 8, 2004, 05:43 PM
On 2004-06-08 13:43, Ahya wrote:

I'm a skyly, i can get the Agito (AUW 1975) in the Ultimate spaceship with a migium.
I've never been in the Episode 2 Ultimate, is it hard to find a migium? What are his attacks? It is not megid, is it???

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 05:45 PM
nope just like in caves, easy piesy

HUguy
Jun 8, 2004, 05:48 PM
On 2004-06-08 15:45, Dana_ranger wrote:
nope just like in caves, easy piesy

Now i feel much better! But the chances of finding it must be REALLY low.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 06:00 PM
well letrs just say i got my 2 from a pinkal(YEAH PINKAL are usefull)pal rappy, but you MIGHT get it, ot at least a maser/POEB(in 4 runs i got 3 freaking maser beams pity they suck, but look cool)

HUguy
Jun 8, 2004, 06:17 PM
On 2004-06-08 16:00, Dana_ranger wrote:
well letrs just say i got my 2 from a pinkal(YEAH PINKAL are usefull)pal rappy, but you MIGHT get it, ot at least a maser/POEB(in 4 runs i got 3 freaking maser beams pity they suck, but look cool)

At least i have a chance! The migium has to drop it someday (i think) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 06:36 PM
are you online?

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 06:42 PM
It's not really worth hunting except to say that you have it. When you turn the 1975 agito into the Orochiagito you loose all percents, if you had any in the first place. Plus it only hits one enemy so it's not very useful. Since you seem to be willing to go after rares with crazy drops and you're a skyly, you should try for the sealed J-sword. That will serve you much better. Or for a more reasonable hunt, go for chain sawd and red sword in the caves. Also, piping a red saber from a hildetorr would probably be worth the effort.

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 06:46 PM
On 2004-06-08 15:35, KveerRaven wrote:

This is SOOOOOO TRUE! I recently obtained the Dark Flow and I've found that the Dragon Slayer is more reliable than the Dark Flow. Also, the Meteor Cudgel is more reliable than the Dragon Slayer. Personaly, the process, work, and time involved for getting the Dark Flow, isn't worth it, except for bragging rights. My favorite weapons, so far, are the L&HK Combats and the Meteor Cudgel.

The time involved in getting the Dark Flow? That would be the time it takes to go to vega and beg for it. There is no other way to get it. Hell of a lot of bragging rights there, lol "hey, guys I brown nosed a hacker for a while and he gave me parasitic gene "flow" just to leave him alone. I R teh 1337?"
No offense intended.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-06-08 16:47 ]</font>

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 06:57 PM
I R teh 1337, can someone tell me what this means please:)
don't get dark flow, go online with me and my FO, and we can go through a place with loads of rapps and you kill the pals, OKIES
I R teh 1337-what, what tell me

DOG21313
Jun 8, 2004, 07:05 PM
On 2004-06-08 14:05, Dana_ranger wrote:
easyier to get into ult forest and those 8 rappies don't megid you, and rappies look and act nicer, and there are about 42 in the space of a few minutes and the waterfull mission doesn't have no were near that many liles as quick, and poeple do pipe for whitill mils but they are just not as commonly spocken about

Well, if you pipe in the 9 lilly room, you have a lot more than 42 in a few minutes of piping. Also, once your EDK is around 75 (I think, not sure here) Ob/Mil megid cannot hit you anymore. Personally I would take the Whitill Mil piping over Pal, because Pinkal isnt a good ID IMO, but with Whitill you could go after more than just a wep that you will most likely leave in the bank and never use after finding.

Ok, I kinda butchered that last part while trying to edit it, so if anythings really messed up in there... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 08:08 PM
pinkal is good, and i got 2 from pals and nor one from a lil enought for me

PINKAL IS GOOD

DOG21313
Jun 8, 2004, 08:13 PM
On 2004-06-08 18:08, Dana_ranger wrote:
pinkal is good, and i got 2 from pals and nor one from a lil enought for me

PINKAL IS GOOD

Note that I said IMO, which means In my opinion. It does not have any drops that truly interest me that cannot be found easily by other IDs also. I do not want an agito, I have no use for one as I do not use HUs.

HUguy
Jun 8, 2004, 08:19 PM
On 2004-06-08 16:36, Dana_ranger wrote:
are you online?

I was going to buy online mode, but i've heard that every one was on Episode 3, so i gave up.
Is there anyone online these days?? If there is, maybe i'll buy online.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 08:32 PM
GO ONLINE, i will get ep 3 soon so i will be off ep1-2 for a while:)9 days YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 09:01 PM
Take the Pinkal fight to the pinkal thread. It's all spam otherwise.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 09:07 PM
On 2004-06-08 19:01, Quo wrote:

sorry but we were talking about getting orotiagito insead of the dark flow(pinkla can get it)simple as that, an i still say do what you want, pinkal is okay for me and does perfectly what i need, go with whitill if you want i don't car, but it will take a bit longer and be harder as the monsters in cave s are bettera than the onesa in forest.

DOG21313
Jun 9, 2004, 03:31 AM
On 2004-06-08 19:01, Quo wrote:

This is what the conversation evolved into. He decided to go after an Orotiagito and we were arguing on what the best place to get it was.

Anyways, I think a good amount of people still play ep 1&2 online and I believe it would be worth getting.

iamfanboy
Jun 9, 2004, 07:17 AM
Bah, katanas are lame and weak. What your character needs is a good Chainsawd, a nice double saber (Demo Comet or Meteor Cudgel), and a good set of high hit % vulcans.

Oh, and dana, that 'R teh 1337' is "Are the leet", or to be more accurate, "Are the elite" translated from the original haxxor, where mispellings, word abbreviations, and the replacement of letters with numbers that resemble the letters in some way.

Personally, out of all the Flow DNA weapons, I feel that the Dark Bridge is the only potentially worthwhile one... IF YOU COULD GET THE DNA. It's the only one that can combo, it cuts TP cost, it boosts Grants and makes Megid penetrate, and to be honest, it does look pretty darn cool...

The one time I saw one, however, I left the game because the guy using it had no idea of how to play an FO. The random effects didn't SEEM to take effect too often though.

Man, I would really like to have one. Oh well...

Shintaro04
Jun 9, 2004, 08:59 AM
On 2004-06-08 13:47, Ketchup345 wrote:

Wonder why people keep forgetting that Whitill Agito is actually easier to pipe. 9 Ob Lillies > 8 El Rappies

Where can u find 9 Ob Lillies in the game?

HUguy
Jun 9, 2004, 12:14 PM
On 2004-06-08 18:32, Dana_ranger wrote:
GO ONLINE, i will get ep 3 soon so i will be off ep1-2 for a while:)9 days YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

i'm still a low lvl, so people on online wont play with me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 01:21 PM
Seems to me that most like to blab on and on about which Section ID finds certains rares easier when they should spend their time focusing on the original authors question, his/her character section ID, and whether or not he/she can currently play both online and offline, or just offline?

Seriously, look at it this way, I've created 2 topics and have really only recieved 2 legit replies from a very friendly person on this site! All the others like to run around my actual question and say, "Use the piping to with a Purplenum" when my character is a Yellowboze!!! I can't play Online, so it makes it a bit harder. Come on people, I'm sorry for spamming this topic with my ranting, raving, and complaining about the way other people reply to questions here, but there would be a whole lot less confusion if PEOPLE WOULD JUST STICK TO THE ACTUAL QUESTION AND ITS DETAILS!!! And when it comes to Section IDs and characters classes, it depends on the prefference of the player. For me, even though Yellowboze sucks when it comes to rare drops, I like them nonetheless. This is my preference Section ID. MINE, not yours MINE!!!

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 01:41 PM
On 2004-06-09 11:21, KveerRaven wrote:
Seems to me that most like to blab on and on about which Section ID finds certains rares easier when they should spend their time focusing on the original authors question, his/her character section ID, and whether or not he/she can currently play both online and offline, or just offline?

Seriously, look at it this way, I've created 2 topics and have really only recieved 2 legit replies from a very friendly person on this site! All the others like to run around my actual question and say, "Use the piping to with a Purplenum" when my character is a Yellowboze!!! I can't play Online, so it makes it a bit harder. Come on people, I'm sorry for spamming this topic with my ranting, raving, and complaining about the way other people reply to questions here, but there would be a whole lot less confusion if PEOPLE WOULD JUST STICK TO THE ACTUAL QUESTION AND ITS DETAILS!!! And when it comes to Section IDs and characters classes, it depends on the prefference of the player. For me, even though Yellowboze sucks when it comes to rare drops, I like them nonetheless. This is my preference Section ID. MINE, not yours MINE!!!

The original question was about the Dark Flow. The poster pretty much decided it was crap. So we moved on.

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 01:44 PM
On 2004-06-09 06:59, Shintaro04 wrote:

On 2004-06-08 13:47, Ketchup345 wrote:

Where can u find 9 Ob Lillies in the game?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723

this will tell you everything you need to know about piping.
The room with 9 Lilies originally only has 5 or 6 you have to walk towards one of the locked doors to get the others to show up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-06-09 11:46 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jun 9, 2004, 02:08 PM

You do know the original topic creator moved the conversation on to Orotiagito, right? Read the thread. Yes, the topic may have been changed, but it changed due to the original topic poster syaing that perhaps the Dark Flow is not worth it and decided to try for an Orotiagito.

Whether this topic is still "on topic" is not my decision, though... but don't blame the ones posting in the topic in response to the original poster, when they aren't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-06-09 12:09 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 02:12 PM
On 2004-06-09 12:08, Mixfortune wrote:

You do know the original topic creator moved the conversation on to Orotiagito, right? Read the thread. Yes, the topic may have been changed, but it changed due to the original topic poster syaing that perhaps the Dark Flow is not worth it and decided to try for an Orotiagito.

Whether this topic is still "on topic" is not my decision, though... but don't blame the ones posting in the topic in response to the original poster, when they aren't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-06-09 12:09 ]</font>

You know, you're right. I apologize to anyone this has caused any kind of inconvenience to. I tend to sorta get carried away when it comes to forums. You tend to run into people who sorta "frustrate" ya. heh SORRY!!! ^_^

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 02:14 PM
On 2004-06-09 12:12, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-09 12:08, Mixfortune wrote:

You know, you're right. I apologize to anyone this has caused any kind of inconvenience to. I tend to sorta get carried away when it comes to forums. You tend to run into people who sorta "frustrate" ya. heh SORRY!!! ^_^

Its allright. But if you do it again we'll rip out your arms and beat you with them. jusk kidding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-06-09 12:15 ]</font>