PDA

View Full Version : Burning Rangers!!

rbf2000
May 10, 2002, 11:23 AM
All of us US V2 users can finally get our mark III mag. Burning rangers (called central dome fire swirl) is now available for download.

I just got my Glory of the Past. Now if only I could remember how to turn it into the Mark III...

Deathscythealpha
May 10, 2002, 06:00 PM
Cool, maybe it means that now EU gamers can get the Sonic Knuckles aswell.
(eu and jap online quests dont seem compatible, doh!)

Topazfalcon
May 10, 2002, 07:15 PM
On 2002-05-10 09:23, rbf2000 wrote:
All of us US V2 users can finally get our mark III mag. Burning rangers (called central dome fire swirl) is now available for download.

I just got my Glory of the Past. Now if only I could remember how to turn it into the Mark III...

To convert it, just go between forest and P2, a tekker will be walking around by the check room. Did you get the email from that guy *don't remember name* If not, I got it by going to the hospital, and he talks about upgrading it or something, not sure if you need that mail first, but just look for the tekker walking around.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
May 11, 2002, 01:09 AM
Is this the quest where you turn the Sonic Glove into the Sonic Knuckles?

If so, I cannot figure out how to do it. There is a guy hiding out in a corner of the weapon shop, but he doesn't do anything.

Maybe I didn't get the Glove with Ruriko and forgot.. need to check.

Oh yeah, to get the Mark3, just take the Glory of the Past to the Tekker hanging out to the right of the bank after you save Dr. D.

Riel
May 11, 2002, 05:36 PM
It's pretty cool.You have to find people in Forest 2 and extinguish fires..once you completed the first part,which is easy,she asks you if you wanna go back but it's going to be harder,i said yes.But to my surprise,at one point,the view changes to a far away top 3/4 view and Hidelbears appears and they are impossible for my level 25 Hucast to kill....then i got an e-mail(yes this is an Offline quest hehe) and this Nadja give me a clue...but i'm not sure what it means...anyway i had to quit..i can't kill the Hidelbears and they kill me in one swipe or 2 flames...any hints??? I figured,since she told me in the e-mail that there's someone suspicious hidden in high underground or something it might mean i can't do the second part unless i'm high enough to do ruins offline....i dont have it open.?????????????

Topazfalcon
May 11, 2002, 05:45 PM
The bears have had testing doen on them, and they are really strong. At this point you can use techs, us shifta deband, and the ones that lower them, oh, ice help to freeze them, or you can hope it does. ^_^; No matter the difficuty you play on, these guys are hard. If you still can't beet them, keep trying or gain some more lvls. Hope that helps.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
May 11, 2002, 06:32 PM
Discovered that to get the Sonic Knuckles, you have to do the quest on Normal. Probably works on Hard and V.Hard as well.

Those Hildebears/Hidelts are always tough, as they almost killed Ruriko on NORMAL (I walked in with just the intention of slugging them to death with the S.Knuckles, while I simply shot the Ultimate ones to death with a Red Handgun last night). They seem to have the same attack power and defense as Ultimate mode Hidelts in Normal.
They give 300 EXP a kill though. ^_^

Oh yeah, it seems you can only get one Glory of the Past, as the kid did not give me another one after finishing it on Normal.

Riel
May 11, 2002, 07:17 PM
Geez,no wonder i dealt 0 damage with my Gighush(sp?),hehe i tried the quest with my level 25 HUcast....

Tsukishima-Ruriko
May 11, 2002, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah.. what's the name of that Burning Rangers song it plays after you put the fires out? I want an MP3 of it. ^_^

oddsounds
May 12, 2002, 12:33 PM
I just want to know if you can get the mark 3 item in the eu version at the moment i've been through 3 times and i still havent got it either that of i dont know where to look for it in the menu....

Tsukishima-Ruriko
May 12, 2002, 01:08 PM
I don't see why you wouldn't.

Okay, the steps needed:

1. Complete the first rescue mission (although it would be tempting to just let Lionel and Mome burn, you have to save them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

2. When you go back to Chris, she will ask you if you want to help look for the problem on Ragol, and will give you a choice. If you select yes, you can go back to Forest 2. TAKE A GOOD WEAPON WITH NATIVE (preferably a gun).

3. Dr. D will be hiding in the room where you rescued Mome. Find him and he will run off into the large area on the other side of the map (check your Area Map in the menu to see him). After you catch up to him, he will plead with you to help him.. wander around this zone, and eventually he will scream something, and a large group of Hildebears/Hildelts will attack.

4. These enemies are VERY strong.. the normal mode versions are comparable to Ultimate mode Hidelts! So use Shifta/Deband and Zalure/Jellen, and if you have to hide behind a wall and just nuke them with magic.. at least it works. ^_^

5. After you kill them, talk to Dr. D (it doesn't matter if he got killed, you can still talk to him) and then return to Pioneer 2. Go talk to the little boy standing next to the weapon shop. He'll suggest you be called a Burning Hunter/Ranger/Force (^_^) and SHOULD give you an item called Glory of the Past.

6. Look for a tekker wandering around next to the NPC in the area to the right of the bank. If he's not there, keep piping up and down from Forest 2 until he is. Give him the Glory of the Past, and he'll give you the Mark3 mag. ^_^

oddsounds
May 12, 2002, 01:48 PM
... no still not working.wondering if i have to be over lvl 100.all im getting from the kid is the dialouge and a happy sound.very strange...

just went through again (5th or 6th) and i still cant get it im doing everything right and even the tekker is there so im guessing that the EU version hasnt got it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oddsounds on 2002-05-12 12:43 ]</font>

Tsukishima-Ruriko
May 12, 2002, 03:25 PM
Maybe you aren't rescuing all the victims? Racton is hiding inside that container on that one platform where you have to raise the bridge to get to. Maybe you missed him?

oddsounds
May 12, 2002, 03:52 PM
On 2002-05-12 13:25, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:
Maybe you aren't rescuing all the victims? Racton is hiding inside that container on that one platform where you have to raise the bridge to get to. Maybe you missed him?

nope got him got all of them i finished the quest but it hasnt got the glory of the past item.

Deathscythealpha
May 12, 2002, 04:48 PM
On 2002-05-11 19:11, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:
Oh yeah.. what's the name of that Burning Rangers song it plays after you put the fires out? I want an MP3 of it. ^_^

Burning Hearts if i remember rightly.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
May 12, 2002, 10:45 PM
Okay.. did some experimenting tonight, and it turns out that you can only get the Sonic Knuckles in Normal, and can only get the Glory of the Past in Ultimate. :/

Burning Hearts, is it? I'm looking for the song it plays when you complete the quest, not the one that plays during it. ^_^
I'll look for it and see if it's the right one.

*hates WinMX*

Deathscythealpha
May 13, 2002, 07:30 AM
After, whoops. It was late and i must not of read it all.
I was wondering what that track was myself, as i dont remember it in Burninng Rangers, must be at the end.

Malkavian
May 13, 2002, 12:12 PM
EU players can get mark3 since game was released. But only in japanese, is very cool to play it with traduction. I played it again only to read the dialogues hehe

I hope they translate soul of steel soon, theres many interesting info in that one.

is weird but when i thought SOnic team gave up with dreamcast pso ver2, they make this nice update! Eu version got 3 new downloadable quests and the 2 online ones http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tsukishima-Ruriko
May 16, 2002, 11:05 AM
The name of the song is "I Just Smile". Now if only I could find it somewhere.

Anybody else wanted to just let Mome and Lionel burn? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
How about the God/Equip using Hunewearl who's using a rifle?

NeiFirst-V2
Jun 5, 2002, 04:04 PM
Hmmm I just got PSO PC, seems all the sound files are there in wav format, I've had to compress one into an mp3 just to store on my website..small file called smile http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://freespace.virgin.net/umran.ali3/SMILE.mp3

(I hope that doesn't get me banned!)

segadrm
Jun 6, 2002, 12:25 AM
where can i get Glory of the Past. i kill the hildbears and rescue the guy. and then i went back to girl and she said go to the guild and get your reward. do i go there and get Glory of the Past.

segadrm
Jun 6, 2002, 12:48 AM
to get the mark3 mag u have to do it in very hard or ult.

segadrm
Jun 6, 2002, 01:17 AM
i got mark3 just a few minutes ago. and to do it u have to do it in vhard or ult.

area
Jun 6, 2002, 08:44 AM
Its really irritating that Sonic, Tails and Knuckles keep changing their choices for rock paper scissors - the way mamak-int phrase it in that quest they keep the same options :/