PDA

View Full Version : Error 101 when using router

Irrudin
Jun 8, 2004, 05:35 AM
I've just got a gamecube BBA, I've set the Provider options in the settings to Automatic IP and automatic for everything else for a connection using the router. But it doesn't connect for me, when accessing the "Buying Hunter's License" and Official Homepage in the game, there's no errors when connecting but it just shows Page not Found. And when connecting to the Online Game part, it loads up until to the connecting to the DNS server which takes a few minutes then shows Error 101: Server Down everytime.

My router certainly detects my gamecube bba because it shows a connection made on the router status screen. I've tried using the BBA to connect to the modem directly using PPPoE in the settings and everything works fine. But I really need to use the router because there's a home network in my house.

Can anyone help? I've e-mailed Sega and the instructions given were certainly not very helpful.

Rich_T
Jun 8, 2004, 01:29 PM
I messed around with my router once and turned one/some of these three off
NAPT, DHCP, DNS
without them i got the same errors as you.

Irrudin
Jun 9, 2004, 06:40 AM
What do you mean? Turn them on?

Well you can't turn on DNS anyway because it's either manual input or automatic detect, and my DHCP is on, but I have no idea what's NAPT and I don't see it in the router settings.

zimmk2vgc
Jun 10, 2004, 05:46 AM
If its error 101, it has connected, only that it is down.

Try going to play online. If it comes up with expired Hunters license, nothing to worry about.