PDA

View Full Version : Katanas

Ahya
Jun 8, 2004, 08:30 AM
Why are some only avaible to Forces and Rangers?
And in the Quest with Zoke.. how is it possible that he can use Twin Swords .. when only Hunters can only use them.. I just want to know because this is confusing me.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

Jason
Jun 8, 2004, 08:47 AM
It is to balance the game. For example, why can't a force use a Lavis Cannon if can use a Red Saber? Think about it.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 12:47 PM
not many people i know like the katana series but i love them, the animations are cool, not good but cool
but i don't understand why you said

Why are some only avaible to Forces and Rangers?

and forces can use double sabers too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2004-06-08 10:49 ]</font>

Ahya
Jun 8, 2004, 04:12 PM
I meant why are some katanas not able to be used by Forces and Ranger.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Heh heh.. my sorry.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 04:42 PM
some FO/RA's can use katanas, yamigarasu, all fake agito's
akiko's wok(hehehehehehehe0

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 04:46 PM
i get you, it's just they don't have the experience with weapons needing as much controle as that, kinda like allother un-uasble weapons, thats my view any way

HiroX
Jun 8, 2004, 04:55 PM
I wish that the real agito and/or the Orotiagito were both usable by FOs and RAs. As well as the S-Rank katana.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 05:13 PM
me too, and i wish the orotiagito kept it's agito rreal stats as i had 20 hit on it

Jason
Jun 8, 2004, 06:03 PM
Hmm, I am ignored it seems.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 06:11 PM
hey i like you and wouldn't ignor you, what do you want?:)

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 07:14 PM
On 2004-06-08 14:12, Ahya wrote:
I meant why are some katanas not able to be used by Forces and Ranger.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Heh heh.. my sorry.

Lets think........... Oh, Katana are swords!! Thats right!!! And hold on........I remember now, Hunters use swords!!! That's it!!

Sorry if that was a little harsh, but it's like asking why a HUmar can't use a caduceus.

(the plural of katana is katana)

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 07:30 PM
i have seven katana/i have seven katana's, are you sure, anyway, a katana, is a...the Japanese long sword upwards of 2 ft in length; the blade is slightly curved and the sword can be used with either one or two hands. In the feudal age, carrying a katana and a wakizashi (=short sword) together (this pair of swords was known as a daisho) was a privilege of the samurai caste. andA long, two-handed, slightly curved sword that was considered the ‘soul of the samurai’. Often carried together with the wakizashi, the Katana was used as both shield and sword due to it’s superior strength and cutting edge gained through its meticulous construction process.

sound cool huh

kazuma56
Jun 8, 2004, 07:39 PM
Yea, i've been wondering about the zoke thing for a long time.... I guess RAmar's could probably wield the Kamui and Yasha like Zoke.... but seeing as i'll never get my hands on a yasha, and people here loathe the RAmar.... I don't think i'll find out anytime soon.

JGaff
Jun 8, 2004, 07:43 PM
Katanas kick ass because they can cut through just about anything, even some metals. A Katana is 30 paper thin layers of metal hammered together and made pliable. i don't know how they get it that sharp, but because of this construction method, I think they break easily when you crush the Blade with a heavy blow (Think of hitting the blunt side part with a hammer a couple times).

I find it unfair Zoke has a Sange&Yasha and a Kamui. He owes me big for *almost* saving his ass. I'll just keep his Katanas as a gift and...

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 07:49 PM
i want to know how he was defeated(in normal-ult he need to be good enought to use those weapons)

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 07:56 PM
On 2004-06-08 17:30, Dana_ranger wrote:
i have seven katana/i have seven katana's, are you sure, anyway, a katana, is a...the Japanese long sword upwards of 2 ft in length; the blade is slightly curved and the sword can be used with either one or two hands. In the feudal age, carrying a katana and a wakizashi (=short sword) together (this pair of swords was known as a daisho) was a privilege of the samurai caste. andA long, two-handed, slightly curved sword that was considered the ?soul of the samurai?. Often carried together with the wakizashi, the Katana was used as both shield and sword due to it?s superior strength and cutting edge gained through its meticulous construction process.

sound cool huh

Yeah, I'm sure. A lot of Japanese words are like that. Shuriken, katana, samurai, Ramen (though ramen is originally chinese), the plural and the singular are the same. The Katana is the perfect sword. Lighter than most and just as sturdy. The curved blade was the design created to give the sword the peak of both flexibility and and strength. The secret in its design is the number of folds it has. The precise number is only know by the masters of the trade and only a few of them remain. By the time the sword is finished it will have more than 10,000 folds in it. No, JGaff, a couple of hammer blows would not break it.

We did an excellent job of hijacking this thread.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 08:15 PM
WOW cool thanks

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 03:50 PM
Katana is a beautiful piece of blacksmithery that I've come across. Now, if you want some real power and reach go with a Nodachi. The almost 7-8ft long Japanese swords that were weilding mostly by horsemounted samurai. Dai-Katana is a nice piece of work as well *nodnod* Hehehe, you guys tackled a topic I oh so love. Considering my interests section on my profile list that I love Swords and Swordsmithing *Aprentice to a Master Blacksmith*

Sitka
Jun 9, 2004, 03:53 PM
Now that's major cool. We could have a thread just about master blacksmithing and the history of swords. I guess maybe in the fan board. Very cool.

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 03:56 PM
On 2004-06-09 13:50, KveerRaven wrote:
Katana is a beautiful piece of blacksmithery that I've come across. Now, if you want some real power and reach go with a Nodachi. The almost 7-8ft long Japanese swords that were weilding mostly by horsemounted samurai. Dai-Katana is a nice piece of work as well *nodnod* Hehehe, you guys tackled a topic I oh so love. Considering my interests section on my profile list that I love Swords and Swordsmithing *Aprentice to a Master Blacksmith*

Damn, that's the one thing I want to do, learn to make swords.

Ahya
Jun 9, 2004, 03:56 PM
Umm.. Yea.. Hahah ..
Just take my topic away http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

lain2k3
Jun 9, 2004, 04:11 PM
Nodachi were more commonly used for suprise attack out of bushes or something, being used to kill both rider and hrose in one swing of the blade.

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 04:47 PM
Swordsmithing is hard shtuff, but when you're done with a piece, you feel like you've accomplished the greatest gift known to man!

JGaff
Jun 9, 2004, 07:55 PM
[/quote]

-1 No, JGaff, a couple of hammer blows would not break it.

-2 We did an excellent job of hijacking this thread.

[/quote]

1. I'll take you're word for it, but I've heard otherwise. It is true that making a Katana that is "Real" is extremely difficult, and is it also true that owning a real Katana in the US is illegal (due to the danger they possess as a weapon)?

My Logic in posting that they break is that they blade is thin enough that like any blade, if you weighted it (Placed a heavy metal boot on a regular sword, or a large, rouded rock. Not that you'd ever touch anything other than the Katana handle out of Common sense), and then tried to free the blade by pulling up (Like a lever, trying to wedge it out and move the rock), It'd snap. I have no solid evidence, but my reasoning is there. Saying Hammer blows was nowhere near what i was trying to say. I think the above is much closer to what I meant

2. Yes we did...

JGaff
Jun 9, 2004, 07:56 PM

1. I'll take you're word for it, but I've heard otherwise. It is true that making a Katana that is "Real" is extremely difficult, and is it also true that owning a real Katana in the US is illegal (due to the danger they possess as a weapon)?

My Logic in posting that they break is that they blade is thin enough that like any blade, if you weighted it (Placed a heavy metal boot on a regular sword, or a large, rouded rock. Not that you'd ever touch anything other than the Katana handle out of Common sense), and then tried to free the blade by pulling up (Like a lever, trying to wedge it out and move the rock), It'd snap. I have no solid evidence, but my reasoning is there. Saying Hammer blows was nowhere near what i was trying to say. I think the above is much closer to what I meant

2. Yes we did...

Edit: Fixed some HTML

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 08:25 PM
On 2004-06-09 17:56, JGaff wrote:

2. Yes we did...

Edit: Fixed some HTML

You double posted, you should fix that. You'd be amazed at how strong the metal becomes because of the folds. I suppose enough force would break a katana, but thats true of anything. Owning a "real" katana is not illegal but it would be very rare and expensive. The art of the sword slowly died out after carrying a sword was made illegal in Japan. Most katana made today are very poor quality. Most collecters go after the old ones. Hundreds of years old for most, almost a thousand years old in some cases. The guy who told you it was illegal to own a katana, was probably the same guy who propagated the rumor that ninjutsu is illegal in Japan.

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 09:11 PM
On 2004-06-09 17:55, JGaff wrote:

[/quote]

2. Yes we did...

[/quote]

Ok well, traditionally, Katana were made with a small iron rod in the spine of the blade. This added durability, but took away from flexibility. A "Real" Katana was made by FOLDING the steel at least 60 times which could take anywhere from 1 month to a year if folded more. The reason for the folding is it takes the airpockets our of the steel after hammering it out. Airpockets were resulted from hammering a blade out from a steel ingot or by layering thing sheets of steel. By removing the airpockets, you would result in forging a blade that is virtually impenetrable, however. Like all materials, after use, they need to be repaired and their durability will eventually break down, causing the blade to shatter.

It is illegal to have a real Katana here in the U.S., but there are ways of getting one. I own one that was made here by a Japaneses Blacksmith. Custome made for $800 and was sign of my rank in Kendo. Each person was forged a Katana specificly to their height which was how a true Samurai's katana was made over the mass-produced Katana for foot-soldiers.

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 09:56 PM
On 2004-06-09 19:11, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-09 17:55, JGaff wrote:

2. Yes we did...

Ok well, traditionally, Katana were made with a small iron rod in the spine of the blade. This added durability, but took away from flexibility. A "Real" Katana was made by FOLDING the steel at least 60 times which could take anywhere from 1 month to a year if folded more. The reason for the folding is it takes the airpockets our of the steel after hammering it out. Airpockets were resulted from hammering a blade out from a steel ingot or by layering thing sheets of steel. By removing the airpockets, you would result in forging a blade that is virtually impenetrable, however. Like all materials, after use, they need to be repaired and their durability will eventually break down, causing the blade to shatter.

It is illegal to have a real Katana here in the U.S., but there are ways of getting one. I own one that was made here by a Japaneses Blacksmith. Custome made for $800 and was sign of my rank in Kendo. Each person was forged a Katana specificly to their height which was how a true Samurai's katana was made over the mass-produced Katana for foot-soldiers.

Oh, really? That sucks. here's my theory. Fuedal Japan had four classes; Merchant, Artisan, Farmer, Warrior, in that order from least prestegious to most.

Our society only has three classes: Merchant, Artisan, and Farmer, in that order from the most prestegious to the least. The warrior is completely forgotten. Face it: Businessmen have the most power in our society, most of our government leaders were business men, businessmen hold the most sway over government through political financing and such. (I know that candidates can only recieve $2000 from any one person, but how many average people can give the maximum amount of money to a candidate?) Everone wants to get rich quick, "be a doctor or a lawyer" everyone says. Or they say "Get a job you like and can have fun with" and then add "and make money at." Or people want to be Artists or movie stars. Movie star is probably the second most respected part of the "American Dream." Farmers are really only tollerated because someone has to grow the food we eat. Not only is the warrior class forgotten but it is repressed by the powerful classes, the ban on katana is one example. People wanting to own katana are written off as fanatics who would hurt, "honest, upright, good-hearted citizens" Sixty years ago people like K'veer and I would be declared communists (thats a topic for another time).

Here's the problem and really the heart of my theory: Every persons brain is built differently. Fuedal Japan had Four classes because people fall into those four general classes of Merchant, Artisan, Farmer, and Warrior. Sure their are subgroups in there; e.g. one artisan is a painter, another a smith, another an actor. All four types of people exist today. Supressed or not the warriors are out there. People should realize this and shed their fear of what they don't understand, what popular society won't let them understand.

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 10:18 PM
On 2004-06-09 19:56, Quo wrote:
Here's the problem and really the heart of my theory: Every persons brain is built differently. Fuedal Japan had Four classes because people fall into those four general classes of Merchant, Artisan, Farmer, and Warrior. Sure their are subgroups in there; e.g. one artisan is a painter, another a smith, another an actor. All four types of people exist today. Supressed or not the warriors are out there. People should realize this and shed their fear of what they don't understand, what popular society won't let them understand.

Very well said! *nods* I completely agree with you on this. It seems that the only place you'll truly find a true blacksmith these days are the men and women forging horse-shoes and make rot-iron gating. The only place you'll find actual people forging swords and other medieval/japanese weaponary would be for movies, and even then they'r epoured into a cast, cleaned up and made pretty. So far, I've come across 3 actual guilds of Blacksmiths *one being the guild I'm an apprentice in* who forge swords through hammering and smelting. If the world would just realize that, if it comes down to money, there are still people out there with this talent of art *which it is a form of art* and that there are people who are still interested in purchasing such goods, a whole new Class would open again! The Warrior class! Its not meant to be taken literally, but I guess thats what's wrong with society today. Blame it on movies and the highly popular cliche war and action movies.

Quo
Jun 10, 2004, 12:03 AM
On 2004-06-09 20:18, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-09 19:56, Quo wrote:

Very well said! *nods* I completely agree with you on this. It seems that the only place you'll truly find a true blacksmith these days are the men and women forging horse-shoes and make rot-iron gating. The only place you'll find actual people forging swords and other medieval/japanese weaponary would be for movies, and even then they'r epoured into a cast, cleaned up and made pretty. So far, I've come across 3 actual guilds of Blacksmiths *one being the guild I'm an apprentice in* who forge swords through hammering and smelting. If the world would just realize that, if it comes down to money, there are still people out there with this talent of art *which it is a form of art* and that there are people who are still interested in purchasing such goods, a whole new Class would open again! The Warrior class! Its not meant to be taken literally, but I guess thats what's wrong with society today. Blame it on movies and the highly popular cliche war and action movies.

Unfortunately, it usually takes a large disaster to change our society's static perceptions.

FattyMcGee
Jun 10, 2004, 02:08 AM
I'm large, can I be of assistance here?

--fatty

Quo
Jun 10, 2004, 09:20 AM
On 2004-06-10 00:08, FattyMcGee wrote:
I'm large, can I be of assistance here?

--fatty

lol. Yeah, we'll get this big lever and pully system, and we'll drop you from the sky. That'll show 'em.

Ahya
Jun 10, 2004, 09:50 AM
Katana or katanas are good but, me i'd prefer a sword, a claymore . my brother had one but i think he sold. Its a nice looking sword .. long blade.. about 4 feet id guess. but the blade was dull so i couldnt do much with it..the problem was the sword was a bit heavy .. but hey i wouldnt mind having a claymore over a katana .. MmMmMMmm... claymore *daydreans*

Quo
Jun 10, 2004, 09:55 AM
On 2004-06-10 07:50, Ahya wrote:
Katana or katanas are good but, me i'd prefer a sword, a claymore . my brother had one but i think he sold. Its a nice looking sword .. long blade.. about 4 feet id guess. but the blade was dull so i couldnt do much with it..the problem was the sword was a bit heavy .. but hey i wouldnt mind having a claymore over a katana .. MmMmMMmm... claymore *daydreans*

Claymores are very heavy and hard to weild except by the strongest of people. The momentum from the claymore's great weight is what gives it its strength. I would kill myself with a claymore before I killed my opponent.

Dana
Jun 10, 2004, 10:19 AM
yeah, but a katana would just slice the enemy in two, or ;slice them right through anyway!

Quo
Jun 10, 2004, 10:34 AM
On 2004-06-10 08:19, Dana_ranger wrote:
yeah, but a katana would just slice the enemy in two, or ;slice them right through anyway!

my point exactly

Wyndham
Jun 10, 2004, 10:44 AM
I remember down in SC a a flea market was this old uy who had 30+ real katanas passed down through his family, and was selling em for 50$.
I'm gonna try and buy one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oran1324 on 2004-06-10 08:45 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Jun 10, 2004, 10:46 AM
Facts about Claymores:

Made blunt because the weight of the sword is what gave it its chopping strength. They were meant to overpower the enemy, not slice in two. The enemy can still fight with his hand or arm cut off. But "chop" off his limbs with such force and pain, and he's left defenseless. Claymores were used by front linesmen in war. They then carried shortswords as side arms. The traditional Claymore varried in length from 4ft-6ft. The Claymore of today is dramatically oversized in weight and size of the blade. The blades were actually 1 1/2" wide to 2" wide. and weren't very long, compared to the handles. Handles were 2-hands and a half long, and the blades were about 3-4 1/2ft long.

Quo
Jun 10, 2004, 11:03 AM
On 2004-06-10 08:44, Oran1324 wrote:
I remember down in SC a a flea market was this old uy who had 30+ real katanas passed down through his family, and was selling em for 50$.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oran1324 on 2004-06-10 08:45 ]</font>

A real Katana for $50? Sounds like scam to me.

BTW. I like your sig.

KveerRaven
Jun 10, 2004, 11:15 AM
On 2004-06-10 09:03, Quo wrote:

BTW. I like your sig.

Actually, you'd be surprised. If the guy actually does have legit katana passed down through his family, and is pricing these things by standards, you go by these facts:

Family name
Date
Quality
And if each katana have been blooded or not *A katana that has been used to kill, its price it doubled*

So they just may be worth $50, maybe more.

Quo
Jun 10, 2004, 11:20 AM
On 2004-06-10 09:15, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-10 09:03, Quo wrote:

BTW. I like your sig.

Actually, you'd be surprised. If the guy actually does have legit katana passed down through his family, and is pricing these things by standards, you go by these facts:

Family name
Date
Quality
And if each katana have been blooded or not *A katana that has been used to kill, its price it doubled*

So they just may be worth $50, maybe more.

Don't forget the smith.

KveerRaven
Jun 10, 2004, 11:22 AM
On 2004-06-10 09:20, Quo wrote:
Don't forget the smith.

thats only if the smith from that time was a well known and renound smith, otherwise thats not put into the quote, but yes, you're right. The smith

Ahya
Jun 10, 2004, 05:33 PM
This topic makes want to get a claymore and a katana http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
wonder were i can get 1 really cheap.. per se .. 50 dollahs! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif cheapness!!

Jason
Jun 10, 2004, 05:51 PM
On 2004-06-10 15:33, Ahya wrote:
This topic makes want to get a claymore and a katana http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
wonder were i can get 1 really cheap.. per se .. 50 dollahs! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif cheapness!!

What would you do with one, anyway? For decoration? Or just in case you ended up in a fantasy world? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sitka
Jun 10, 2004, 06:20 PM
Well, since we've hijacked this thread, here goes:

I competed for years in the Scottish Highland Games. In some of the games, the winner was awarded a claymore as a sign of great feats and in the tradition of the ancient customs of the Scottish festivals. Aye, it takes a big man to wield a claymore. At 5'10, 250 lbs I was one of the smallest lads on the field - many times I bested men greater than 6'6, 320 lbs, although the 56-lb weight for height was always a terrible event for me.

There were two side events that were often a part of many of our games. One event included master blacksmithers showing off their trade and producing fine weapons which were offered for sale. The World Championships in Pleasanton, CA usually had several smithies in attendance. In relation to Kveer's posts, I don't know enough to know if they were true masters or not, but they sure impressed me.

A second side show involved reenactments with swordplay and mock fights. These crazy fellows would don "armour" made out of what looked like u-haul blankets and smack each other around pretty good. Fun to watch.

So, if you're looking for a claymore or sword, check out the Scottish American Athletic Association (SAAA) website to check on games that might be in your area or to link to games in your region. You should be able to find vendors and smithies who can provide you with a cool decorative piece for your mantle. And yes, I have seen Japanese swords, but if they were true katanas or not, I don't know.

BTW, I think the Highland Games offers a true place for today's warriors class to compete. I threw against the Magnuson brothers, Andres and Magnus, and these are truly Viking warriors (6'8, 340 lbs). Hey, where else can you call yourself an athlete while drinking whiskey and get awarded all the beer you can drink at the end of the day (and we could drink a lot of beer). We even got to throw the keg for height - what fun.

On a side note, do you all know the difference between Mick Jagger and a Scot? Jagger said, "Hey, You, Get off of my Cloud!"

The Scot said, "Hey, McCloud, Get off of my Ewe!"

JGaff
Jun 10, 2004, 08:00 PM
Claymore= Cuts limbs off horses right about the kneecap.

-Katanas can be bought at the Mall around here from what I've heard. Never seen it though, but haven't checked it out. My science teacher ( a man who was an Air Force Pilot claims to have one, though probably not a real one)

-Fixed some errors

Wyndham
Jun 10, 2004, 09:09 PM
the guy said he was selling them cuz they were gathering dust, etc.
he comes every saturday every summer.
so im gonna get one. itll be great. ^_^
even if it IS bloodstained.

Alli
Jun 10, 2004, 09:26 PM
lol I don't know much about swords / katana /etc but what -I'd- like is someone who can forge me a real-life Magical Piece! Now THAT would rock! hehehehe! Hmmm but I wonder how we'd get it to spew floaty hearts when I swing it! O.o

Wyndham
Jun 10, 2004, 09:33 PM
On 2004-06-10 19:26, Alli wrote:
lol I don't know much about swords / katana /etc but what -I'd- like is someone who can forge me a real-life Magical Piece! Now THAT would rock! hehehehe! Hmmm but I wonder how we'd get it to spew floaty hearts when I swing it! O.o

excuse the impertinance, but that would be very difficult to make, let alone use to enhance magical ability. >_o;;;

KveerRaven
Jun 10, 2004, 10:19 PM
On 2004-06-10 16:20, Sitka wrote:
BTW, I think the Highland Games offers a true place for today's warriors class to compete. I threw against the Magnuson brothers, Andres and Magnus, and these are truly Viking warriors (6'8, 340 lbs). Hey, where else can you call yourself an athlete while drinking whiskey and get awarded all the beer you can drink at the end of the day (and we could drink a lot of beer). We even got to throw the keg for height - what fun.

Hmmm, sounds great! Only problem is, will they let me complete if my style is that of Kendo and Hiten Mitsurugi *YES, it IS an actual style! Not just made for the highly famous Ruroni Kenshin anime*

Ahya
Jun 11, 2004, 08:08 AM
On 2004-06-10 15:51, Jason wrote:

On 2004-06-10 15:33, Ahya wrote:

What would you do with one, anyway? For decoration? Or just in case you ended up in a fantasy world? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Muwahaha! .. Maybe or just use to train with .. I dont know if there is a fighting style with a claymor or not..but Ill just try to practice crayying one and swing it around in my backyard (Though I might destroy my parents garden..) Muwaha http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif That fantasy world thing might happen .. or not .. we'll never know!

Ahya
Jun 11, 2004, 08:11 AM
[/quote]

Hmmm, sounds great! Only problem is, will they let me complete if my style is that of Kendo and Hiten Mitsurugi *YES, it IS an actual style! Not just made for the highly famous Ruroni Kenshin anime*

[/quote]

rurouni Kenshin was based on real Japanese history .. with a few added stuff like...Kenshin but most of the fighting style in the anime is real..i want to learn the style of Satou .. the tiny eyed dude http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif he is cool!

KveerRaven
Jun 11, 2004, 10:55 AM
Yes, I know. 18th century Japan to be exact.

Quo
Jun 11, 2004, 03:37 PM
Cool! I finally picked up a katana for my FOmarl. Now she's unstoppably secksi. It's the 83 model tekked to 25% native.

I was stupid for a long time. I was making Spaceship Alpha runs with my redria hoping to get either agito from a gulgus/gulgus-gue. After I started doing mountain runs with my Purplenum for God/Ability I checked the drop rates and a zol gibbon drops an agito at a better rate, there's more of them per run and I can do mountain runs faster. O.o

KveerRaven
Jun 11, 2004, 04:02 PM
On 2004-06-11 13:37, Quo wrote:
Cool! I finally picked up a katana for my FOmarl. Now she's unstoppably secksi. It's the 83 model tekked to 25% native.

I was stupid for a long time. I was making Spaceship Alpha runs with my redria hoping to get either agito from a gulgus/gulgus-gue. After I started doing mountain runs with my Purplenum for God/Ability I checked the drop rates and a zol gibbon drops an agito at a better rate, there's more of them per run and I can do mountain runs faster. O.o

Welll shit! You've managed to get a Katana before me! Wait! We both knew that would happen anyway! *rolls eyes* I'm starting to hate my ID. Oh well, I'll keep trying for mine. Stupid Tollaws!

Quo
Jun 11, 2004, 04:14 PM
On 2004-06-11 14:02, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-11 13:37, Quo wrote:

Welll shit! You've managed to get a Katana before me! Wait! We both knew that would happen anyway! *rolls eyes* I'm starting to hate my ID. Oh well, I'll keep trying for mine. Stupid Tollaws!

It may be a Looooong time before you get the 75. But that is the nature of the 75. The other agito have drops like 1/1050 and 1/900 as opposed to 1/28,808

KveerRaven
Jun 11, 2004, 04:50 PM
On 2004-06-11 14:14, Quo wrote:
It may be a Looooong time before you get the 75. But that is the nature of the 75. The other agito have drops like 1/1050 and 1/900 as opposed to 1/28,808

Yeah, you're right. Well, I can always try piping for a Sange. Whats the Sange like, any good?

Quo
Jun 11, 2004, 04:59 PM
On 2004-06-11 14:50, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-11 14:14, Quo wrote:

Yeah, you're right. Well, I can always try piping for a Sange. Whats the Sange like, any good?

Better than a fake agito. It has draw for its special which is nice. ^_^

Ahya
Jun 12, 2004, 02:14 PM
I got a Flowen's Sword yesterday (AUW 3083). Happiest night I had and i made Nidra. And I dont think I can get an Agito Real from the sob of a Nano Dragon *waves fist at Nano* But If i find one.. I will tease my cousin 'cause he is a Ramar..and he wants the Real Agito! Muwahaha!lol:

Shintaro04
Jun 12, 2004, 05:18 PM
I have been hunting for a 75 for a long time, still no luck, got tire of it anyway.
Might as well to hunt for other easier rares, in proccess, it might pop up on me.(only if i have that kind of luck)

Wyndham
Jun 12, 2004, 05:28 PM
*has had an Agito for ages*
they're cool, great for any class, I think. but im prolly wrong.
so, should I hve a FOmar, FOmarl, FOnewm, RAmar, or HUneweral?
HUmar's are getting repetitive.

Sitka
Jun 12, 2004, 06:05 PM
Based on your sig, I'd say make the biggest, baddest Racast you can fit in three screens.

But seriously, if you're tired of the hack and slash, try a support fo like a Fomarl. You get the fun of firing some guns pretty well and you'll learn to appreciate what the fos have been doing for you hunters all this time.

Stay away from the fonewm unless you like disco-danny platforms and baby got back! Just kidding - Fonewm's rock as an offensive force - really rock.

K4t4n4
Jun 12, 2004, 11:34 PM
Katanas are cool. The Sange is pretty good, i forget what the special is. Get a Sange, and then a Yasha, make a Sange & Yasha. That is one of the coolest looking combos, the coolest looking dual sword, and it even steals HP for you. OH yeah, the Sange is the 2nd best HP stealing ability, the Yasha too. Makes sense now that the two 2nd best make the 1st best.

slimer1231
Jun 12, 2004, 11:46 PM
On 2004-06-08 06:30, Ahya wrote:

And in the Quest with Zoke.. how is it possible that he can use Twin Swords .. when only Hunters can only use them..

I guess you never noticed the HUnewearl with the rifle in *I think* in the Grave's Butler.... And how do you think that BERNIE could have enough ATA to use a Flame Visit at lvl 16?
Answer?
They are NPCs... they are allowed to break the rules