PDA

View Full Version : backstabing, manipulating parents

Skuda
Jun 8, 2004, 02:03 PM
have your parents ever gone back on there word for no apparent reason?

probably

my parents said I could have my gamecube back (permenently) if I got certain grades in school. I did. I got above that. now they say I still can't have it back.

Voice your backstabbing scenario's here... I guess...

Wyndham
Jun 8, 2004, 02:17 PM
so many instances i lost track.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 8, 2004, 02:25 PM
My sister-in-law recently got a ticket for some manner of traffic violation. She gave her mother money, so that she could write a check to pay it.

Now, you must understand that my in-laws aren't really financially gifted. The money that my sister-in-law gave to her mother for this express purpose was money that she had personally earned, working as a Gymnastics instructor at the gym she works for. Begrudgingly, she still lives with her parents. Her mother doesn't work, and her father recently lost his job to a long, and messily complex series of events involving him incurring a back injury that his company simply didn't want to have to pay for.

In short, let it be understood that there's not a lot of money flowing through the home in question.

Now, my mother-in-law, quite frankly, isn't the most responsible of people. Do to circumstances that I'm not totally aware of, for one reason or another, the timing was missed, so the traffic ticket didn't get paid.

Now, cut over to my brother-in-law, the twin brother of said sister-in-law. This particular brother-in-law now lives with his older brothers, and their roommate. Through whatever means it is that he's been getting his money (Gymnastics instruction like his sister does, I suspect), he's been contributing to rent (house payments, would be more accurate, actually), buying his own food, and so on. He's also in a martial arts class that is conveniently a single block away from his current home.

It so happened, that for one reason or another, it came down upon him, that he wouldn't be able to both contribute to house payments AND continue his martial arts class for a particular month. Now, when he has difficulties where something just doesn't work out mathematically, he tends to talk about it to the people he happens across. Sometimes, without even realizing it.

Enter, his mother. His mother takes this initiative to take the money his sister had given her to pay for her traffic ticket, and goes on to use it to pay for his martial arts class. Take specific note, however, that he never asked for this. This also came along with a lecture that she wouldn't be doing this again, and he should feel lucky. Of course, knowledge that she had done this didn't come until after she had already finished the task. As a result, his sister has to fork over the money a second time because the ticket must be paid (this is a traffic violation, after all), and now cannot pay for her continued Gymnastics training.

How's THAT for a parent screwing someone up?

Rich_T
Jun 8, 2004, 02:33 PM
theres got to be a reason why, have you tried asking?

Firocket1690
Jun 8, 2004, 02:39 PM
@ creator: just buy another gc, it's only a hundred bucks

My mom said she'd gib me back teh electricity in my room if I pass my math test.
98 isn't good enough, so I still lack electricity. >=o

I ended up buying another battery for my laptop.
I'm good friends w/ school admin, so he helps me charge my batteries @ school and I use them at home. Daily. It's only another 5 or so lbs on the backpack..

Bradicus
Jun 8, 2004, 03:38 PM
On 2004-06-08 12:17, Oran1324 wrote:
so many instances i lost track.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Me too, though never with anything truely importent. Mostly my mother just tries to trick me into going to all of our family functions.

The most notable instance of parental trickery happened last summer. I had just spent 8 hours working on a farm (cutting grass, cleaning, repairing random crap etc) and was surprised to find that my father had arrived to pick me up.

---> backstory: Until two years ago, i had never spoken to my father, as he left my mom when i was a yearling. I don't hold that against him, but he expects me to love and adore his side of the family (whom i also did not know) when i try my damndest to avoid my mother's relatives.

Anyway, i was practically collapsing from the heat, and was just glad to be going home. or so i thought! Instead of drivng back to my house, he takes me on a fucking tour of the homes owned by his siblings. I am forced to put on a happy face and pretend i give a shit, meanwhile trying to stay on two feet.
>_>

Outrider
Jun 8, 2004, 05:50 PM
Knowing my mom, she probably would have honestly forgotten she had said anything of the like.

She's uh... a little air-headed from time to time.

Link00seven
Jun 8, 2004, 06:14 PM
I dont ever get back stabbed, I just get the same lecures every day, including

"Man, your no son of mine. You went on vacation with a girl over the weekend and didnt have sex? What the fuck Matt" --My retard Dad.

"Why don't you get off your lazy ass and get a job?"
--Dad again

"Fuck being the class president, you should've went out and got a JOB!"
--Dad, again.

"All you do is practice your sax and play games, why dont you help your parents sometime?"
--Once again, my dad.

Yes, folks, he's an asshole http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 8, 2004, 06:41 PM
Sounds like you've got it kinda easy to me, Linkoseven. Personally, I don't feel like I was terribly mistreated while growing up, and from what you described there, I'd say that your parents are rather lax.

Outrider
Jun 8, 2004, 06:47 PM
Yeah, that sounds kinda like my dad... but without all the swearing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Link00seven
Jun 8, 2004, 07:04 PM
It's not bad, I just tune it out, lol. It's more annoying then anything else.

KodiaX987
Jun 8, 2004, 08:11 PM
My mom doesn't backstab, but that doesn't stop her from making my blood boil.

This scenario happens nearly 10 times a month: I get into the car to go buy some things, and she says she has a few things to fetch and wants to accompany me.

This is the average time spent shopping, not counting the trip from my home to the intended shop.

Me: Fetching the item of interest, asking a short question or two about it, paying, saying thank you and leaving: 2 minutes.

Mom: Browsing the entire department, waiting for a sales representative, comparing prices, looking for the one item that was discontinued and needs to be ordered, going to the bathroom, going to at least 3 other shops to compare prices, finding out the item of interest cannot possibly be bought because it's been discontinued, looking for a newer item, phoning the 3 other places to compare prices, passing to the grocery store on the way between the item stores because "she has a few things to fetch there" while looking at her 2-page list, taking down the back seats of the Jeep, loading the items she bought, moving them several times so that they don't obstruct my view through the rear window: 5 FUCKING HOURS.

Sord
Jun 8, 2004, 08:27 PM
On 2004-06-08 18:11, KodiaX987 wrote:
Mom: Browsing the entire department, waiting for a sales representative, comparing prices, looking for the one item that was discontinued and needs to be ordered, going to the bathroom, going to at least 3 other shops to compare prices, finding out the item of interest cannot possibly be bought because it's been discontinued, looking for a newer item, phoning the 3 other places to compare prices, passing to the grocery store on the way between the item stores because "she has a few things to fetch there" while looking at her 2-page list, taking down the back seats of the Jeep, loading the items she bought, moving them several times so that they don't obstruct my view through the rear window: 5 FUCKING HOURS.

my mom manages it with JUST browsing -_- I never go shopping if I don't have to.

Outrider
Jun 8, 2004, 10:19 PM
On 2004-06-08 18:11, KodiaX987 wrote:

Doesn't that describe women shopping in general?

*runs*

Zelutos
Jun 9, 2004, 01:26 PM
I don't think you should be bringing such things up when you yourself do it Mr. Kuda.