PDA

View Full Version : GameBoy DS

Skuda
Jun 8, 2004, 02:10 PM
Oh my god, this has got to be the most amazing hand held gaming inovation since the gamegear!

It's graphics surpass even the N64! Not to mention the touch screen. This is going to be awesome!

PhotonDrop
Jun 8, 2004, 02:14 PM
Too much technology, soon we'll have electric tooth brushes that do the dishes for us! actually, that would be cool
_

Me, I dunnoabout the touch screen stuff, this just might be Nintendo's flop in the hand held buisness.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 8, 2004, 02:35 PM
Nintendo's flop in the handheld industry was the Virtual Boy, actually. It had what could be considered truly 3D visuals (I'm not talking about polygons, either), but was known to cause headaches, difficult to program for, and annoyingly red. Ironically, it was designed by the same guy that made the Game Boy, and it was the single fiasco that got that individual fired from Nintendo (he subsequently went out on his own and produced the WonderSwan to compete with the Game Boy).

I dunno, the DS very well could go the way of the Virtual Boy. On the other hand, it could be the next big thing.

derBauer
Jun 8, 2004, 03:12 PM
I don't consider Virtual Boy to be a handheld. It was more tabletop in my opinion.

Outrider
Jun 8, 2004, 03:22 PM
To be fair, Yokoi wasn't really happy with the VB, and I believe I heard he was sorta forced and rushed into making it.

He also created the D-Pad and Metroid, though, so he rocked.

Sef
Jun 8, 2004, 04:54 PM
Isn't actually the Nintendo DS? I thought it was apart from the Gameboy line.

And it looks awesome. I want one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Outrider
Jun 8, 2004, 05:40 PM
On 2004-06-08 14:54, Sef wrote:
Isn't actually the Nintendo DS? I thought it was apart from the Gameboy line.

And it looks awesome. I want one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shh... don't tell anyone.

Skett
Jun 8, 2004, 08:48 PM
Yeah, its the Nintendo DS. Not a Game Boy system. Still, sounds fun. I mean, its features will bring a newer, fun way to play games, which sounds great to me (since this industry is becoming way too stale for my tastes).

Perhaps some of you are looking down on DS too much. Hands-on reports from E3 are very positive and almost all of the biggest companies have signed on to create games for it. And its features sounds great.

Perhaps Blizzard can finally create a Starcraft game for the consoles that is easy to control with use of the stylis and touch pad.

Sord
Jun 8, 2004, 08:51 PM
so, how many people thing Nintendo DS will get called Game Boy DS? I mean, look at the smaller portable PS1, they had some name for it, but fan circles kept calling it PSX, and now that's what Sony is naming their third system in honor of the fan circles or some such.

Arislan
Jun 8, 2004, 09:16 PM
Umm, PSX isnt the PS3. It's the DVD recorder/PS2 system that's been out in Japan for a while now, and opened to an incredibly poor reception.

And Nintendo DS is still a working title, there's no clue as to what the final name will be at the moment.

Outrider
Jun 8, 2004, 10:08 PM
And actually, the PSX was what the original Playstation was called, at least by the media.

Despite Nintendo DS being a temporary name, I'd say that even that is more likely than Gameboy DS. They're deadset on not marketing this as the next Gameboy. If they do, I'll bet their marketing campaign won't change at least until a year or two down the line.

prometheus818
Jun 8, 2004, 11:29 PM
hey ive heard quite alot about the ds but i havent seen any of the games or even pics of the system. anyone know where i can find some good ones?

Arislan
Jun 8, 2004, 11:50 PM
http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/article/513/513150/e3-2004-hands-on-nintendo-ds-200405110418968.jpg

As for games, hop around IGN.com. May be full of ads and poor reporting, but plenty of pics and such there.