PDA

View Full Version : Bulk vs. Bulclaw

Alli
Jun 8, 2004, 02:45 PM
I have noticed that when you allow a Bulclaw to separate into a Bulk and 4 claws, you get a dramatically higher amount of total exp for killing them all than if you had killed just the Bulclaw... so why would you want it to stay in one piece? Does a Bulclaw drop a better rare than a Bulk or claws? Or should I wait for every Bulclaw I see to split up before attacking? Thanks for any advice on this! ^_^

Liquid_Bacon
Jun 8, 2004, 02:56 PM
Bulks don't drop rares, only the Bulclaw does. I can only see there being a benefit to splitting a Bulclaw if your Claw drop is better than your Bulclaw drop.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 03:14 PM
but bulclaws drop much BETTER drops than a claw, morning glory>silence claw, you pick!

Liquid_Bacon
Jun 8, 2004, 04:31 PM
Yeah, or in my case, Cure/Paralysis instead of Cross Scar! Keeping those Bulclaws in one piece is important.

MaxBuster
Jun 9, 2004, 11:28 AM
Has anyone noticed that Bulk & Claws can regroup and go back to being a Buclaw?? I'm pretty sure that's what I saw last time.

Saciel
Jun 9, 2004, 12:07 PM
>.> never noticed that, though I think piping should more than likely have that effect, or leaving the area << shrugs >>

Basara
Jun 9, 2004, 12:29 PM
Or a D.Parts v1.01 instead of a simple Last Survivor...

Trust me, kill the Bulclaw when it sticks together, much better rares then.

Mixfortune
Jun 9, 2004, 12:58 PM
Yes, the Bulk and Claws can reform after waiting for a while, but it's usually best to just pipe... if that works. Can't remember if it does... anyways...

It's all a matter of whether you want the Bulclaw drop or not. If you don't might as well split them for more exp. Personally, I just kill whichever is fastest. If I happen to kill the Bulclaw or the seperated one, it doesn't matter much to me.

darthsaber9x9
Jun 9, 2004, 03:56 PM
i saw good luck finding enough bulclaws to make hunting the rare worthwile

RicoRoyal
Jun 9, 2004, 04:20 PM
DF field >>>>>> perfect/resist times ten to the power of eleventy billion dollars measured in texas with a dollar sign next to it for units.

You think about that for while and then you'll come to realize I love Bulclaws

lain2k3
Jun 9, 2004, 04:25 PM
On 2004-06-09 10:29, Basara wrote:
Or a D.Parts v1.01 instead of a simple Last Survivor...

Trust me, kill the Bulclaw when it sticks together, much better rares then.

In that situation, Id much rather fight the claws. D-parts of any variety suck terribly.

And the experiance difference is not dramatic at all, its rougly 1000 more, not worth the time, or the chance of getting shit rares instead.

Sitka
Jun 9, 2004, 04:53 PM
LOL - in the time it took for you to watch that damn thing split, you could have cleared out another room.

Skorpius
Jun 10, 2004, 03:28 AM
On 2004-06-09 14:53, Sitka wrote:
LOL - in the time it took for you to watch that damn thing split, you could have cleared out another room.

You just have to let Bulclaws attack you.. :/

lain2k3
Jun 10, 2004, 05:24 AM
Yeah, or you could just kill the fucker and be on your way. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

rena-ko
Jun 10, 2004, 08:46 AM
if you want to go for max exp, just split the bulclaw, kill three of its claws, wait for it to reunite and have a bulclaw with only one claw. kill it, voila...

actually, thats not worth the time and effort you'd have to put in it. so pick your poison.

have fun

Alli
Jun 10, 2004, 06:34 PM
lol well for my section ID, I actually get a pretty
decent rare from the bulclaw: a god technique... of
course the chances of that actually dropping aren't
too high so I won't really get my hopes up... that
way if it DOES magically appear, I'll be pleasantly
surprised! ^_~

As for waiting for the bulclaw to split... man I
WISH I could clear a room of enemies that fast!
FOnewearl + solo Ult Ruins = slowww killins! At
least for me anyways... I've seen some pretty
awesome Attack FO's out there, but my poor char
isn't one of them! But put me in a team with other
peeps and I'm one of the best supporters you'll
ever meet! My FO's true power is keeping her
buddies alive and shifta'd and deband'ed! (and
a healthy sprinkling of jellen and zalure!) ^_~
But yeah... solo leveling is slowwww going for me!
So I'll just keep my bulclaws in one piece! Hehehe

Sitka
Jun 10, 2004, 06:54 PM
I love you Fonewearls!

You make us Racasts ROCK!

Thank God you're here - keep up the great fo-work!

Flashlight
Jun 11, 2004, 09:44 AM
well dont let it split i had bad expirience whit accedently hit the bulk and he survives then the claw's distract u and the bulk do sumkind of kamikaza attack that leaves you whit ver low hp (atleast im my case)
so dont let it split and whit hunters.. let it fly low then attack and it fly's away(or use sumkind of pistol)then run away till its low again and contineu this and it wud be easy

segadrm10
Jun 11, 2004, 10:13 AM
The bulclaw for the most part drops the better rare than the claw for most of the id's.