PDA

View Full Version : Section ID for RAmarl

McDonalds
Jun 8, 2004, 03:22 PM
What is the preferred Section ID for RAmarl..

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 03:28 PM
OMG, right listen, you don't need a "preferd" ID, you just need 3 good ID in your team, E.G. SKYLY RAMARL, PURPLENUM HUNEWEARL, PINKAL FONEWEARL, that does me a perfect job

Ketchup345
Jun 8, 2004, 03:40 PM
What IDs do you have already?

For RAmarls, to need little switching between characters, one of these would be good:
Purplenum- Mechguns, FS, SN
Whitill- FS, Mechguns, Slicers
Greenill- FS, Rifles, more
Viridia- Shots
Yellowboze- All around
Redria- All around, not too good with RAnger's rares, but almost a necessity for everyone

On 2004-06-08 13:28, Dana_ranger wrote:
OMG, right listen, you don't need a "preferd" ID, you just need 3 good ID in your team, E.G. SKYLY RAMARL, PURPLENUM HUNEWEARL, PINKAL FONEWEARL, that does me a perfect job

I disagree with these IDs.

Skyly is good, but only for weapons. Purplenum is a great ID. Redria is great too (excluisive God/Battle alone makes it great, combined with the only MR:I and the easiest Lavis).

Pinkal, I agree with PaleKid, Kef, and others. Pinkal isn't too good, unless you are like Primrose and trying ot get every single FOrce item in the game (otherwise, other IDs are much better, especially Purplenum and Yellowboze); they don't find the highest techs, or the most.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 03:48 PM
hey pinkal has found me some of my best and favourite drops, and they are a good section ID for mages(oops)FOrces and drop some of the best force studd, the WAK ID's are bluefull and yellowboz!all my yellow friends never got any of the yellow drops(sad for them)but still pinkal is good!and i stick to the all ID's are equall(almost anyway)

Sitka
Jun 8, 2004, 03:49 PM
My Ramarl is Purplenum and that ID works just great for her.

Ketchup345
Jun 8, 2004, 03:54 PM
On 2004-06-08 13:48, Dana_ranger wrote:
hey pinkal has found me some of my best and favourite drops, and they are a good section ID for mages(oops)FOrces and drop some of the best force studd, the WAK ID's are bluefull and yellowboz!all my yellow friends never got any of the yellow drops(sad for them)but still pinkal is good!and i stick to the all ID's are equall(almost anyway)

IDs are not exactly near equal. ST tried to make it that way, but seems they didn't do enough balancing.

Pinkal's exclusives are not very useful, and all the good stuff they find is almost always covered by Yellowboze, or Purplenum.

Yellowboze might not be nice to your friends, but it is good since it finds every 9* weapon, good selection of armors, best chance at %s, and more. Also, it has been great to others, your friends may be on the unlucky side with Yellowboze.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 04:01 PM
i noticed that purplenum gets alot of pinkal(but isn't that the other way round too)purplenum and yellowboz have stuff covered by pinkal, just like whitill and purplenum, and all other section ID, any way, i love my pinkal and ebven though people say they don't find all good techs quick and early, i still found all mine quick and easy with my pinkal(also why ALL AROUND the world peopel say they do get techs easy and early)they should be the redria(but for techs not armors)
and who cares about 9* items they all suck(exept a RARE few)

iamfanboy
Jun 8, 2004, 04:08 PM
Not ANOTHER pinkal argument...

I like yellowboze. A high instance of hit % weapons (one of my friends found a Hell Gungnir last night with 40% hit untekked in a game I created), combined with a wide variety of rares, makes it great for an all-around character.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 05:16 PM
sorry about the pinkal thing, yellow is good, but it's not always he best as it seems to find rares less commonly(but they are really good)

lain2k3
Jun 8, 2004, 07:58 PM
Yeah, yellowboze doesnt find tons of shit rares all over the place, their finds are usually better items, although fewer in quantity.

And I'd Argue that yellowboze is one damned good ranger ID as well, possibly better than whitill for a solo ranger.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 08:04 PM
i'm not 100% with yellows drops can you help me bt telling me why it's better as a solo RA

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 08:05 PM
What other ID's do you have? Generally Purplenum and Greenill are regarded as the best Ranger ID's. The best thing to do is to find a rare you really want, find the ID with its easiest drop, and take that ID. Or do what I never do, make a cool name, punch it in and take the ID it gives you. Other things to think about: what is your favorite weapon class? Will you be giving Items to other characters, if so what classes will they be? It's like that Bud Lite commercial, choose on taste.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 08:11 PM
pick a name if it's an ID you havn't got keep it

DOG21313
Jun 8, 2004, 08:38 PM
On 2004-06-08 14:01, Dana_ranger wrote:
(also why ALL AROUND the world peopel say they do get techs easy and early)

I think it is just because they are imagining it. The game data has been checked, and there has been nothing discovered that would make pinkal find better tech disks. Or, they could have gotten lucky.

Anyways, back on topic, I think that Purplenum or Greenil are great ranger IDs, and Purplenum is also fairly nice to FOs if you happen to have one. But like others have said, I would just choose a good name and see what ID it gives you, and if its one that you dont already have, then keep it. =)

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 08:49 PM
i said that too, and yeah just do what you want, a nice name, a cool name, a non-final fantsy name!

McDonalds
Jun 9, 2004, 01:26 AM
-After reading this..I have decided to go with PURPLENUM. I don't have any other characters with it and it seems great for rangers.

-What kind of stats should I have for a RAmarl mag then..

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 01:30 AM
Check the guides for recommended equipment or mags used for stat maxing. Or if you really want to be inovative, use you head and make your own decisions.
No offense intended.