PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Need a Blue-Black Stone

KveerRaven
Jun 8, 2004, 04:17 PM
OK, I've been playing PSO for quite some time now and I just recently aquired a Monkey King's Bar. All was great until my Meteor Cudgel took its place. Soon after, I found that the Black King's Bar is much stronger than the Meteor Cudgel and I'm all about double sabers. Can any one tell me how to go about aquiring this unigue item? I don't have the ability to go online just yet. Thanks

Look at my info for my character info

The only dependable thing about the future...is uncertainty
http://ourworld.cs.com/ondramirez/krname5.jpg

Ketchup345
Jun 8, 2004, 04:20 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=307

Online quest: Gallon's Shop only. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Start saving your PDs.

Sitka
Jun 8, 2004, 04:21 PM
If you want the Blue Black Stone, you'll have to go online. It's an item available in Gallon's Shop quest and that is the only place that I believe you can get it. Unless, of course, you know someone who plays online that can get if for you, save the character to a temporary file and play multiplayer offline with you to give you the stone.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 05:24 PM
yeah, you need to go online as it is not droppable from ant monster, do you know any one online, that lives near you?

FattyMcGee
Jun 8, 2004, 05:27 PM
here's a quote from the photon drop/Gallon's shop FAQ thing on PSOW:

"You get an option of saying yes or no to every item offered."

since I'm not online yet and can't test it out, my question is this:

does that mean that it'll offer you a random item (within the constraints of your photon drop offering), and if it's not what you wanted you can say "no" and it'll give you your photon drops back and you can try it again? Or do they take your photon drops even if you say no?

I'm wondering because if I ever am actually able to play online, I need to know if to get the blue-black stone all i need is 45 photon drops and some patience, or if I need hundreds of photon drops, since it'd be a slim chance I'd get the blue-black stone on the first try.

--fatty

Sitka
Jun 8, 2004, 05:33 PM
Pagani - the purveyor of the Gallon's Shop - offers a random selection of items. The more photon drops you offer to trade, the better the items that appear. With lower #'s of drops (less than 20), you will probably be offered monomates, monofluids, recovery barriers, support barriers and maybe add slots. With more drops, you'll be offered Nei's claw, magic water, berril photon, various barriers and the blue black stone. There's a greater chance of the good items appearing based on the drops you have to trade.

If you don't like what he offers, simply say no. You do this like six times and then he says too bad and you can start the process over. You do not lose your photon drops until you agree to trade them or you get FSOD (in which case you get nothing, lose your drops, lose your meseta, lose your unequipped weapons and items and seriously question why the hell you bought this damn game - from experience!!!).

MaxBuster
Jun 8, 2004, 05:42 PM
Yes. The items offered are not completely random, I believe they are in a certain order but don't recall exactly. You'll have to opt "no" several times to get the item you want.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 05:42 PM
FSO kicks people asses, it really sucks, i'm sorry for you, and i hope i get online too work but i'm not sure i want to take Dana onjline, mina maybe

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 05:49 PM
are you sure, from all i've heard every thing about those items are random, a order would be to easy

Jason
Jun 8, 2004, 06:10 PM
If you can't go online on PSO ever, start thinking about obtaining a Double Cannon which you can obtain offline and you are all about twin sabers, so why not go for one if not a Black King Bar unless you can go online and with having enough Photon Drops?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-06-08 16:12 ]</font>

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 06:48 PM
do what J says, go for something easiers and a challenge, double Cannon is perfect(as in don't pipe)

KveerRaven
Jun 8, 2004, 10:57 PM
On 2004-06-08 16:10, Jason wrote:
If you can't go online on PSO ever, start thinking about obtaining a Double Cannon which you can obtain offline and you are all about twin sabers, so why not go for one if not a Black King Bar unless you can go online and with having enough Photon Drops?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-06-08 16:12 ]</font>

My biggest problem is time. I'm borrowing the game from a friend who eventually wants it back. I've put in way too much time and have yet aquired anything like the Lavis Cannon to GET the Double Cannon. Any other weapons (other than Meteor Cudgel you can recommend is great!) As for online play, can't do that yet, but I'm hoping to do so soon!

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 11:07 PM
You know you could eliminate that problem by buying your own copy?

KveerRaven
Jun 8, 2004, 11:48 PM
On 2004-06-08 21:07, Quo wrote:

Very true, however. I've grown a liking to my character on his game and don't feel like starting a character from stratch, working my a** off, yet again, to get my Lvl back (though I would be able to give that new character all my items). I'm just stubborn! ^_^

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 12:02 AM
On 2004-06-08 21:48, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-08 21:07, Quo wrote:

Very true, however. I've grown a liking to my character on his game and don't feel like starting a character from stratch, working my a** off, yet again, to get my Lvl back (though I would be able to give that new character all my items). I'm just stubborn! ^_^

This isn't dreamcast you know. Your file will work with another disk. My friends and I have switched disks on occasion. The only problem is if you're using his memory card. Besides, whats better: Starting a new character or having no character to play once he reclaims the game?

FattyMcGee
Jun 9, 2004, 02:41 AM
On 2004-06-08 16:48, Dana_ranger wrote:
do what J says, go for something easiers and a challenge, double Cannon is perfect(as in don't pipe)

get the double cannon offline w/o piping? hehe, that'll keep him busy for hte next... oh, 5 years or so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DOG21313
Jun 9, 2004, 03:51 AM

My friend piped for double cannon and he was just as happy as anyone else when he found it. Let the person decide whether they would like to pipe or not.

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 10:04 AM
On 2004-06-09 01:51, DOG21313 wrote:

My friend piped for double cannon and he was just as happy as anyone else when he found it. Let the person decide whether they would like to pipe or not.

Ok, but from what creature do I do the piping trick to get the Double Cannon, if my Section ID can get it from an enemy at all? (yellowboze)

MaxBuster
Jun 9, 2004, 10:12 AM
Try going for a Demo Comet as it's MUCH EASIER to obtain.

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 11:33 AM
This isn't dreamcast you know. Your file will work with another disk. My friends and I have switched disks on occasion. The only problem is if you're using his memory card. Besides, whats better: Starting a new character or having no character to play once he reclaims the game?

Yes, I know. Like I said, I'm just stubborn. I think though, once he does take his game back, (along with his memo. card *snickers*) I may just wind up making a new character on my own card with my own disk, giving that new character all my items of my current boze character and make him a Redria or Skyly. *nod nod nod* But then again, with as much time as I put into this game for the past 2 months (180hrs and now a Level of 105) I may not have the time to play games for a LOOOOOOONG time considering I'm going to be a father in about 9 months ^_^

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 11:53 AM
On 2004-06-09 08:04, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-09 01:51, DOG21313 wrote:

Ok, but from what creature do I do the piping trick to get the Double Cannon, if my Section ID can get it from an enemy at all? (yellowboze)

Allright- the double cannon, the most beatiful weapon in the game and the strongest (second strongest if BKB is grinded) double saber. The problem with the double cannon is that you cannon just find the double cannon. First you have to find a lavis cannon, then you have to find two syncestae and use the first one on the lavis cannon, it will become the lavis blades. Then use the second syncesta on the lavis blades and you shall have the Double Cannon. Sounds Easy? Well all three of these items have 1/21 (1/22 depending on who you ask) as their drop rate. You will need a redria to pipe the lavis cannon from a Pouilly slime (DAMN THEM) and an Oran to pipe the syncestae. These Items of course can only be found in ultimate. You can check the item database for alternate drops on these Items if you dont want to pipe. I think, however that the second lowest drop rate is the same as a sealed J-sword (1/12,603). Have fun.

Oh by the way, If you're really into double sabers you might look into making a HUnewearl and a HUcaseal. The female double saber animation is noticably faster than the male and my HUcaseal with no speed boosting items is faster than my friends HUcast while he uses a God/Battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-06-09 09:55 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 12:01 PM
Allright- the double cannon, the most beatiful weapon in the game and the strongest (second strongest if BKB is grinded) double saber. The problem with the double cannon is that you cannon just find the double cannon. First you have to find a lavis cannon, then you have to find two syncestae and use the first one on the lavis cannon, it will become the lavis blades. Then use the second syncesta on the lavis blades and you shall have the Double Cannon. Sounds Easy? Well all three of these items have 1/21 (1/22 depending on who you ask) as their drop rate. You will need a redria to pipe the lavis cannon from a Pouilly slime (DAMN THEM) and an Oran to pipe the syncestae. These Items of course can only be found in ultimate. You can check the item database for alternate drops on these Items if you dont want to pipe. I think, however that the second lowest drop rate is the same as a sealed J-sword (1/12,603). Have fun.

Oh by the way, If you're really into double sabers you might look into making a HUnewearl and a HUcaseal. The female double saber animation is noticably faster than the male and my HUcaseal with no speed boosting items is faster than my friends HUcast while he uses a God/Battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-06-09 09:55 ]</font>

Hmmmm, thanks for the tip. Oh and, I feel your pain when it comes to the number of Tollaws slain. I have about 2000 on my list for the Agito (Real) and still no drop. *shrugs* I'm still being positive though! ^_^

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 12:03 PM
On 2004-06-09 10:01, KveerRaven wrote:

Oh and, I feel your pain when it comes to the number of Tollaws slain. I have about 2000 on my list for the Agito (Real) and still no drop. *shrugs* I'm still being positive though! ^_^

Quit. Tollaws are worthless. Make a Whitill.

Sitka
Jun 9, 2004, 01:23 PM
Back your character onto a memory disk and use that when you finally get your own system. Also, if you want the Blue Black Stone, ask your friend, whose system you are borrowing, if he can get it online for you and then give it to you.

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 01:31 PM
On 2004-06-09 11:23, Sitka wrote:
Back your character onto a memory disk and use that when you finally get your own system. Also, if you want the Blue Black Stone, ask your friend, whose system you are borrowing, if he can get it online for you and then give it to you.

Ok, now how do I go about backing my character on a memory card? I've tried countless time to transfer the data but it doesn't allow me to? So how can I go about doing it?

TeenGohan
Jun 9, 2004, 01:39 PM
On GC the only way you could keep your stuff would be to trnasfer it. On GC you can't transfer chars cuase the card doesn't let you move PSO data. so you would hv to make a new char. There might be another way to do it but not without buying ( I'm sure) another item to do the job. So srry but you can't transfer your char from your friends card. you can as temp but it can only be used in 2P mode,
but not for 1P, so you hv to make a new char.

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 01:45 PM
Thought as much. I knew about all of that, but thanks just the same. All though, if there is a legit way to transfer character data, I will invest in it. Just so long as it's legit. I can't stand hackers and duppers. All I hear from my cousin is how his friend does the dupping trick when he gets the rare rares and passes them along to other people as trades for other rares. This is then follwed by some mumbling, major eye rolling and thinking to myself about how much I hate cheaters and anyone who supports them. *nodnodnod* HAVE GOOD MOSH PITTING!!! ^_^

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 01:49 PM
On 2004-06-09 11:45, KveerRaven wrote:
Thought as much. I knew about all of that, but thanks just the same. All though, if there is a legit way to transfer character data, I will invest in it. Just so long as it's legit. I can't stand hackers and duppers. All I hear from my cousin is how his friend does the dupping trick when he gets the rare rares and passes them along to other people as trades for other rares. This is then follwed by some mumbling, major eye rolling and thinking to myself about how much I hate cheaters and anyone who supports them. *nodnodnod* HAVE GOOD MOSH PITTING!!! ^_^

If your friend doesn't have any non-transferrable data on the memory card you could by a new card, move the other data over to it. Give him the new card and keep his old one.

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 02:04 PM
On 2004-06-09 11:49, Quo wrote:
If your friend doesn't have any non-transferrable data on the memory card you could by a new card, move the other data over to it. Give him the new card and keep his old one.

Well thats great and all, but the thing is, I've already tried doing this. Then again, I'm not sure what you mean. Sorry, please forgive my slowness, I'm not really sure what you mean. If you could please explain that a little more thoroughly, I'd be much appreciated!

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 02:11 PM
On 2004-06-09 12:04, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-09 11:49, Quo wrote:

Well thats great and all, but the thing is, I've already tried doing this. Then again, I'm not sure what you mean. Sorry, please forgive my slowness, I'm not really sure what you mean. If you could please explain that a little more thoroughly, I'd be much appreciated!

So PSO data is non transferable right? OK. So you buy a new memory card. Now you move everything from the old memory card to the new memory card. The PSO data can't move however, so it stays on the old memory card, Right? Allright, so now you have two memory cards, one with just PSO and one with all the other stuff your friend had saved. Now, you give him the memory card with the other stuff on it and you keep the one with just PSO. This won't work if your friend has PSO data on the same card. Does he?

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 02:16 PM
On 2004-06-09 12:11, Quo wrote:
So PSO data is non transferable right? OK. So you buy a new memory card. Now you move everything from the old memory card to the new memory card. The PSO data can't move however, so it stays on the old memory card, Right? Allright, so now you have two memory cards, one with just PSO and one with all the other stuff your friend had saved. Now, you give him the memory card with the other stuff on it and you keep the one with just PSO. This won't work if your friend has PSO data on the same card. Does he?

Heh! Ummm, yeah, see....uhh, I probably should have been more clear about that. The original PSO data on the card IS his, and I created a character on it when he first purchased the game. So yeah. Sorry for the trouble, but thanks just the same. Oh yeah, sorry about the other posts to, you know of which I speak *nodnod* ^_^

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 02:36 PM
On 2004-06-09 12:16, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-09 12:11, Quo wrote:

Heh! Ummm, yeah, see....uhh, I probably should have been more clear about that. The original PSO data on the card IS his, and I created a character on it when he first purchased the game. So yeah. Sorry for the trouble, but thanks just the same. Oh yeah, sorry about the other posts to, you know of which I speak *nodnod* ^_^

It's cool.

If your fiends files aren't very strong, you might be able to persuade/bribe/threaten him into starting over. Or if you want to risk your friendship you could replace all of his characters with default HUmars named 2 (inside joke). Or you could just start over.

Concerning Yellowboze: It's better that you make your own decisions and play what you like rather than getting everyone here at PSOWorld to tell you what to do. With its lower drop rates, if I played yellowboze it may as well have no drops at all. I can hardly access the easier drops on other section IDs. If you're serious about Hunting the tollaws for a '75 agito, Soul of a Blacksmith has the most (27, the guide says 24 but its wrong) This will also help you level up. I grew from 68 to 128 almost exclusively on SoaB.

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 02:42 PM
On 2004-06-09 12:36, Quo wrote:
It's cool.

If your fiends files aren't very strong, you might be able to persuade/bribe/threaten him into starting over. Or if you want to risk your friendship you could replace all of his characters with default HUmars named 2 (inside joke). Or you could just start over.

Concerning Yellowboze: It's better that you make your own decisions and play what you like rather than getting everyone here at PSOWorld to tell you what to do. With its lower drop rates, if I played yellowboze it may as well have no drops at all. I can hardly access the easier drops on other section IDs. If you're serious about Hunting the tollaws for a '75 agito, Soul of a Blacksmith has the most (27, the guide says 24 but its wrong) This will also help you level up. I grew from 68 to 128 almost exclusively on SoaB.

Makes sense. I would guess this is on Ultimate? If so, I'm getting there. Everytime I take on a quest to unlock Soul of a Blacksmith, I end up running out of time and I have to get ready to head to my night class in college. But I'll do my best.

As for the data on my friends memo. card, ummm...him and I already ahd an ordeal with another friend screwing up all our data before, so, now that he and I finally got our shtuff back, I'm not too sure he'll be ok with give me the stuff. But he's pretty cool with me keeping the game as long as I want, or at leas tuntil he finds time off of work. Poor guy, he only gets about 4 hours to himself Mon-Sunday. Work sucks!

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 02:50 PM
On 2004-06-09 12:42, KveerRaven wrote:
I would guess this is on Ultimate?

You know another place to find tollaws? ^_^

KveerRaven
Jun 9, 2004, 02:59 PM
On 2004-06-09 12:50, Quo wrote:

Heh, your right! Well, looks like I should find some time today to unlock Soul of a Blacksmith, finish the quest and get my Suppressed Gun, unless you think the God Hand would be a better rare to get, and then level up in the Mines, so I can then finish ALLLLLL the quest so that way I cn play Soul of a Blacksmith over and over again! But one thing, I thought Tollaws were only in Ultimate Forest?

Quo
Jun 9, 2004, 03:04 PM
On 2004-06-09 12:59, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-06-09 12:50, Quo wrote:

Heh, your right! Well, looks like I should find some time today to unlock Soul of a Blacksmith, finish the quest and get my Suppressed Gun, unless you think the God Hand would be a better rare to get, and then level up in the Mines, so I can then finish ALLLLLL the quest so that way I cn play Soul of a Blacksmith over and over again! But one thing, I thought Tollaws were only in Ultimate Forest?

Play Only forest One and Forest two. You can beat the dragon for exp if you want. PM me for the shortest path with the all the tollaws. You can get the item without beating the quest. After Ozwald give you the item, save and quit. DO NOT GET YOUR MONEY FROM THE GUILD COUNTER. surpressed gun would be better. You can get cooler melee weapons than God Hand. You can get about 50,000 Exp from Forest 1+2 so you won't need to play the mines.
To get the rare Item you will need to find the mineral in CAVE 3 (i think its the blue mineral, but its cave 3 regardless). I takes me just under half an hour to clear Forest 1 and two with my HUcaseal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-06-09 13:08 ]</font>

Dana
Jun 9, 2004, 03:08 PM
yeah thats a great mission for gulgus gue and tollow gives you 50000 EXP and can be gone in about 20 mins(at most)