PDA

View Full Version : Annoying countless runs uncover stupid items!

KveerRaven
Jun 8, 2004, 05:09 PM
Ok, I'm getting tired of my countless runs on Ultimate through the Forest and Caves (Playing through the Mines is NOT an option! I'm too weak to start there just yet)! So far, the best rares I've uncovered (after about 60 runs) were the Dragon Slayer and the Red Saber. I know there's no specific count to find all the other available rares for my section ID (Yellowboze), but this is getting ridiculous! If I owned the game rather than having to borrow it from a friend, this wouldn't bother me, but now I'm getting ticked! Can anyone lend me some helpful hints, if any at all? Thanks

Dhylec
Jun 8, 2004, 05:20 PM
to most ppl, you are too vague about what your char & id are.. good thing your profile spells it out

yelowboze isn't the best id, but you can find some nice items to play around with..just need a lit patience
in yellow ult forest alone there are a couple of good weps your humar can use
other areas all so have some nice items
use the guide as a reference of what, who & where to hunt
http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid§ionid=9&version=v3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2004-06-08 15:22 ]</font>

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 05:20 PM
yelloboz sucks for drops, just go in mines and TRAIN, your not ready to look for items untill you ready to complete ep1

MaxBuster
Jun 8, 2004, 05:58 PM
yelloboz sucks for drops

That's just false. I have two 'boze characters and both have found tons of good items. Go check the guides and you'll see what I mean.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 06:07 PM
i'm sorry, i know they fine EXELLENT stuff but tin my EXP they DON"T FIND ANYTHING
sorry if i insulted your ID

Ketchup345
Jun 8, 2004, 06:12 PM
On 2004-06-08 16:07, Dana_ranger wrote:
i'm sorry, i know they fine EXELLENT stuff but tin my EXP they DON"T FIND ANYTHING

Yellowboze doesn't find anything good?!?!?! WTFAYS?

They get the best Flowens Sword (great for fleshie HUnters), a great collection of assorted items, fairly decent armor, and many Cure/Units (some of which are pipeable).

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 06:21 PM
yes i know all this, but i'm just saying they seem to get stuff, harder than other id's, i went too far to say NEVER, i'm sorry but hey you don't like pinkal i don't like yelloow(wait, i don't mind them, DAMN YOU Erin)

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 06:55 PM
Play cave 1 of addicting Food over and over for exp. You can find some cool stuff there. Red sword, Red Scorpio, and Sange look to be the best. Red sword alone would be worth it. But then if thats what you will hunt, play all of caves in Soul of a Blacksmith (you can get God Hand, Technical Crozier, or Supressed gun there while you're at it, but only once so choose wisely).

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 07:11 PM
is that what yellow get, sounds very much like skyly, i really need to re-think yellow, maybe i will make one!

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 07:28 PM
On 2004-06-08 17:11, Dana_ranger wrote:
is that what yellow get, sounds very much like skyly, i really need to re-think yellow, maybe i will make one!

The red sword drop isn't nearly as good as skyly's
Skyly- Govulmer 1/901
Yellowboze- Melqueek 1/2101

Sange drop is the same though.

MasterZeo
Jun 8, 2004, 07:42 PM
Actually Yellow can find good items, but it is less likely to find them than other Section IDs. I personally have a SkyLy FOmar, and he find great stuff, but problem is most of the time its hunter weapons. The absolute best way to find the most amount of rare items quickly (which seems to be your situation) is to get a Redria character. They wont find as good a stuff, but they are more likely to find it.

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 07:46 PM
i thought they did

iamfanboy
Jun 8, 2004, 08:12 PM
Hmm...

yellowboze is a compromise ID, I'll admit, but what a compromise!

It can find the admittedly awesome Kasami Bracer from the same enemy as a Redria, but at a rate far worse than the Redria's; in fact most of the good rare armors drop in it but at terrible rates.

It has some of the best RA weapons (Frozen shooter, spread needle, Holy Ray, Justy, Bringer's Arm), some of the better HU weapons (Flowen's 3084, Zanba, Red Saber, Meteor Cudgel, Ancient Sword)...

It has the Devil/Battle, a necessity if you don't have a Redria up in ult, and it has it at a reasonable drop rate from a Very Hard Dubchic. Just keep doing the first floor of Unsealed Door until one drops! It's easy, especially for a character up in Ult already.

Look. If you want a good weapon, this is what I recommend: Temple runs. Grab 2-3 Resist/Devils and a Delsaber's Shield so you can sneer at Megid (heck, go for the whole Delsaber's Set!), then go to town. Your HUmar would LOVE the Flowen's Sword 3084. It drops at a 1/214 rate from an Ob Lily. Also good for an HU in the Ult temple is the Cross Scar (1/64 rate from a rappy, good chance of getting %s), 1977 Agito, and a God Hand from the boss monster!

Most people don't like the temple for some reason, but once you lessen the chances of an unseen lily nailing you with Megid it really isn't too hard at all. You might have trouble with Belras, but fortunately you have jellen and zalure on your side...

Sorry if this post went on a while, but so few people know about yboze!

Dana
Jun 8, 2004, 08:18 PM
i don't know why but i love temple, and i love the enimies in there, cool drops, but most of all i like what yellow get of a canabin in mines heheheheh who doesn't*stares at kef*&*dribbles at terra*

KveerRaven
Jun 8, 2004, 10:28 PM
On 2004-06-08 16:12, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-06-08 16:07, Dana_ranger wrote:

Yellowboze doesn't find anything good?!?!?! WTFAYS?

They get the best Flowens Sword (great for fleshie HUnters), a great collection of assorted items, fairly decent armor, and many Cure/Units (some of which are pipeable).

I have to agree with this one. I have the guides that were printed in Japan translated to English, and every Rare Special Weapon that a Yellowboze can find, as compared to all other Section IDs, the actual weapons attack power is stronger. Ex: A Dragon Slayer found by a Redria has an ATP of 300-350 (not actual stats) where as a Yellowboze found Dragon Slayer is 350-450. So this I agree with. The bad thing is, I haven't found good armor. Thank god for Add-Slots and my Secret Gear as a shield!

Quo
Jun 8, 2004, 10:34 PM
On 2004-06-08 20:28, KveerRaven wrote:
Ex: A Dragon Slayer found by a Redria has an ATP of 300-350 (not actual stats) where as a Yellowboze found Dragon Slayer is 350-450.

I don't buy it.

KveerRaven
Jun 8, 2004, 11:09 PM
On 2004-06-08 20:34, Quo wrote:

On 2004-06-08 20:28, KveerRaven wrote:
Ex: A Dragon Slayer found by a Redria has an ATP of 300-350 (not actual stats) where as a Yellowboze found Dragon Slayer is 350-450.

I don't buy it.

You don't have to buy it, but they are listed on the books as so. I didn't write the game, I just play it. *NOTE* The stats I listed are not exact, just an example and also, the stat boost of yellowboze found weapons varies from large to small and depends on the type of weapon. Again IT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE BOOK READS!!!

Another thing that may help is this:

A friend found his Meteor Cudgel, maxed its grind (which is 15). (Has a Redria HUcast) This gave him a 450 ATP boost.

My Yellowboze HUmar found this item, maxed its grind and it gave me a 500 ATP boost. I dunno, so far, out of everyone I know who's played a boze, they've had the same or similar outcome with differnt weapons. *shrugs* not just my luck or chance. Sorry ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2004-06-08 21:31 ]</font>