PDA

View Full Version : Blue Burst upcoming patch notes (6/8/04)

Arislan
Jun 8, 2004, 06:20 PM
After the maintenance today, there will be a new patch, bringing BB to 1.8.0

Patch changes, from STs site

- Alt+F4 is changed to Alt+Backspace
- Lobby commands have changed from ctrl+key to alt+key (great, so now alt+q screwup s will alt-tab us out...)
- A Dark Belra attacking with an arm shot and being killed at the same time could cause the computer to crash. This should be solved, but any bug reports should be forwarded to ST.
- Pressing the Back (Cancel) button while on the block select screen will now bring you back to the ship select. Pressing back from here will quit the game.
- Pressing back on the Transport menu from the Lobby Desk will now return you to the lobby. However, once ship or block transfer is chosen, cancellation is not possible.
- When viewing information on a party that has 3 or less members at the lobby screen, an indicator will be shown stating that the team is in a quest or when the team was created, as applicable.
- Forces now have their own completion prize weapons for clearing quests 1-3, 2-4, and 3-3.
- All Episode 2 quests may now be cleared by a single player (Wpisode 1 quests have already been changed to single player completion status)
- 1-1 Now has a timer for completion added to it.

Fixed errors
- Players viewing quest data while another player joins will now not crash out the player viewing the quest data.
- A freeze associated with entering an invalid character (non unicode supported) as a game password has been fixed.
- Speaking to Cal terminals in Episode 2 while the Team Log Window is displayed will no longer crash the client.
- A problem with recieving a message and keyboard operation being disabled has now been fixed.
- A problem with recieving a message and gamepad operation being disabled has now been fixed.

Zinger314
Jun 8, 2004, 06:26 PM
- Forces now have their own completion prize weapons for clearing quests 1-3, 2-4, and 3-3. I think it's Mace of Adaman, Club of Laconium, and Club of Zirman, respectively.

All Episode 2 quests may now be cleared by a single player (Wpisode 1 quests have already been changed to single player completion status) Not bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1-1 Now has a timer for completion added to it.

WHY?!

Arislan
Jun 8, 2004, 06:57 PM
Umm, I doubt that a Force gets special weapons. I've completed 2-4 on Hard mode and I'm still getting standard weapons, with massive pluses to begin, but that's it. My guess would be wand +5, Rod +10, and Staff +5-10.

RFB
Jun 8, 2004, 07:29 PM
They already gave weapons after finishing those quests.. I still have one of the wands Irene gave me, cos it increases my MST by 10 points. There´s got to be something different.

Arislan
Jun 8, 2004, 07:33 PM
Re-reading, it seems that it has been modifyed, not necessarily added. Damn vagaries of Japanese.

Para
Jun 8, 2004, 08:32 PM
No patch against any hacks or so..

Arislan
Jun 8, 2004, 08:39 PM
These are the official patch notes, I think it's pretty unlikely that Sega would advertise that they broke hacks, that would mean stating that they exist in the first place. Rule one about computer security is not to let the public know you can be compromised till ou have to. Cuts down on the average layman trying to hack.

Cheeky
Jun 8, 2004, 09:10 PM
I hope they patchded some hacks, I just saw "you know who" running around with the moderator skin. You know the one that looks like a hooded FOmar.

Para
Jun 9, 2004, 02:14 PM
Hm... the maps got updated??
I saw seabed.pat and stuff with the patch files.

Arislan
Jun 9, 2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah, all the Ep2 maps did, so that they can be played single player. Same thing happened to Caves when that marker got changed.

Para
Jun 9, 2004, 04:40 PM
This for quest only or normal play as well?

RFB
Jun 9, 2004, 05:04 PM
You sure it's only EP2? because I think I saw something about forest and ruins too...

Arislan
Jun 9, 2004, 05:41 PM
Forest
Updated 1-1 with whatever the time counter was, not sure, I didnt see one after I beat it with a new character...

Ruins
Updated to try to fix the Dark Belra glitch.