PDA

View Full Version : I know this isn't the forum, but I need help going to 60hz.

kaseius
Jun 8, 2004, 08:40 PM
I've done the whole, put it in, turn it on, wait, reset while holding B, tried resetting then holding B, turning it on while holding B, turning it on then holding B, and it just doesn't show up. I haven't connected online yet, does that matter?

RFB
Jun 8, 2004, 09:08 PM
If you know that this isnt the place for this post, why did you post it here? Well, anyway, as soon as a mod sees it, it's gonna get moved.

In the GC, to show up the Hertz menu, first, have the GC off. Then, turn it on and while it's booting, keep the b button pressed, all the time, until the hertz selection screen appears.

kaseius
Jun 8, 2004, 09:25 PM
I just tried it, pushing down the B button all the way, felt like it was gonna break, and it didn't work. Tried letting go of B, holding it down, resetting, nothing. This is for the US copies, right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

edit: I put it here because nobody looks in the tech support.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kaseius on 2004-06-08 19:25 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 8, 2004, 09:57 PM
European copies only. US has nothing to worry about

RFB
Jun 9, 2004, 06:09 AM
On 2004-06-08 19:25, kaseius wrote:
This is for the US copies, right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ok, I'm gonna grab your troath and start presssing... US copies ONLY HAVE 60hz MODE.

edit: I put it here because nobody looks in the tech support.

That is not an excuse for it. This is extracted from the forum rules:

# Off Topic Posting In Other Forums Other Than Off Topic
Do not purposefully post in a irrevelant category or city, repeatedly post the same or similar content. Post in the appropriate forums. If you make a mistake and post in the wrong forum, it's okay. However, do not make posting in the wrong forum a constant behavior or you will receive a warning. Each post must have related content to the specific nature of the forum that the post is made in.

Rich_T
Jun 9, 2004, 02:16 PM
The key difference between North American Gamcubes and Eropena gamecubes is this
EU have a 60Hz option compared to the normal 50Hz, that is the video dsiplay is standard at 625lines of resolution scanned at 50 times a second (Hz)
when you select 60Hz in a game you get
625 lines scanned at 60 times a second.
60Hz means that the screen update is much faster and games run smoother, also people playing at different speeds (50/60) cant play with each other online.
the TV system used in Europe is PAL ( Phased alternate line)

American Gamecubes output the North american standard NTSC at 60Hz.
for that you get 525 scan lines of resolution refreshed at 60 times a second.
they can also output Progresive scan, which is not worth going into, unless your equipemnt supports it.

European Gamecubes are also RGB SCART compatable, most TV/video equipment has SCART inputs.
unlike the yellow/white/red leads, RGB SCART contains up to 21 contacts, these have the Red, Green and Blue video signals as separate chanels, and also separte out the brightness of the signal, as well as carying audio chanels.

oh
thers no 60hz option on NTSC gamecubes.